Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 02:10   #571
BHPian

Re: My First EV: Nexon EV 2.0 Aka Max

Quote:
80k KMS is something one would use in 6years.
This is subjective, the duration may be more or less.

Quote:
If u buy an ICE car, the engine will be out of warranty in 3+2 years much before 80k KMS.
Mostly yes, but we have much more data than EVs to rely on regarding the longevity of ICE engine, unless something really unexpected happens.

Overall, for the value driven users EVs make sense if they are kept and used on long term basis, so that the break-even happens (ideally within battery warranty period).

Also as speedmiester mentioned, some research needs to be done to understand whether most of the charging can be done at home as its more economical and better for battery health.
Old 14th October 2022, 11:58   #572
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_K View Post
Did anyone try a long round trip between Bengaluru to Hyderabad/Bengaluru to Kerala?

How is the charging infra in these routes? Any tips to plan for these drives? I'm planning a trip in these routes in the month of November or December 2022.
I have done multiple Kochi <--> Bengaluru trips, charging infra is really good, never had any issues with charging stops other than the car giving up on fast charging.

While travelling from Bangalore, since its an overall decrease in elevation, you can travel till Salem quite easily and charge at Zeon Sankari (great place to charge, two 50 kW and two 7 kW stations, nice restaurant). After that once you enter Kerala, there are quite a few, the one right after Thrissur Paliyekkara toll is very good, two guns.

Return journey, from Kochi to Bengaluru, I usually charge at Avinashi Annapoorna. After that can stop at Krishnagiri Surya Complex.
varkey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 02:17   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I have done multiple Kochi <--> Bengaluru trips, charging infra is really good, never had any issues with charging stops other than the car giving up on fast charging.

While travelling from Bangalore, since its an overall decrease in elevation, you can travel till Salem quite easily and charge at Zeon Sankari (great place to charge, two 50 kW and two 7 kW stations, nice restaurant). After that once you enter Kerala, there are quite a few, the one right after Thrissur Paliyekkara toll is very good, two guns.

Return journey, from Kochi to Bengaluru, I usually charge at Avinashi Annapoorna. After that can stop at Krishnagiri Surya Complex.
Thanks. So the advice is to avoid all Relux chargers?
Old 15th October 2022, 13:03   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_K View Post
Thanks. So the advice is to avoid all Relux chargers?
The error flag seem to be getting triggered only at StarCharge make stations and it’s mostly just Relux that has deployed these DC chargers. Also it’s not always that this happens, for instance I’ve used Relux StarCharge stations 4 times and it’s only the one time that this happened.

If you are travelling during the day on a non holiday, I think it’s not much of a concern cause if at all it happens you can drop in at the next Tata SC and get the flag cleared. You just need to be aware I guess and not get caught surprised like it happened to me.
varkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 19:29   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post

I would be honoured to answer any queries fellow bhpians would have.
Hi
Good to know that you’ve covered a significant mileage within a short span.
Mine has covered 3000 till now in 3 months time.
The max range I could achieve in my MAX was around 180-200 kms from 100 to 20 % SOC.
I think it’s too low than what I could get.
Any suggestions to improve my range?

PS: I drive exclusively within city limits and never use it for out of city drives.
I’m using a 3.3 Kw home charger and never use public/fast chargers and I charge it always when the SOC drops to 20 %

Last edited by pradheepsr : 16th October 2022 at 19:32.
Old 16th October 2022, 19:37   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post

Any suggestions to improve my range?

PS: I drive exclusively within city limits and never use it for out of city drives.
I’m using a 3.3 Kw home charger and never use public/fast chargers and I charge it always when the SOC drops to 20 %
Hello, since you've been driving exclusively in the city limits I'm sure you can't do anything to increase range reason being bumper to bumper traffic requires a lot of acceleration from complete halt which drains battery more compared to car being in motion and the second most important part is the amount of time the AC is on to cover 1km in city traffic can be easily compared to 4-5Kms on highway, so technically a 10km city driving range can be equated to 14-16kms on highway.

That aside 200kms of range for city driving is good enough in my opinion. Wish you many more happy miles

Last edited by yashcosmos : 16th October 2022 at 19:38. Reason: Typo
yashcosmos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 08:06   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkamath04 View Post
Sorry but I disagree.

Say I am traveling 500 km using a car and let's calculate the prices:

~250 km range with Nexon EV 2.0 on highway. So the first 250 will cost me 40*8 = Rs. 320.
The next 250 will cost me 40*20 = Rs. 800.

* assumptions of Rs. 8/per unit at home and Rs. 20 per unit at fast charger and 40 units for 0-100%.

So total cost = 800+320 which leads to ~ Rs. 2/km.

Assuming a Nexon with 15 km/l milage, I would spend 33 l @ Rs. 6.6/km.

And this is the worst case for EV and the best case for ICE as city conditions are more favorable for both range and charging cost at home.

Do you still think EVs are not cheaper to run?
In the EV, you will run it for 250 kms, then stop for the night, recharge the ev for 11/12 hours and proceed the next day to your destination. So the additional cost is a hotel room, extra meals etc which will add 2500/5000 more per journey ( depending on the type of stay). The petrol Nexon will do the journey within 12 hours with breaks.

Now which is more expensive?
Old 17th October 2022, 09:40   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
In the EV, you will run it for 250 kms, then stop for the night, recharge the ev for 11/12 hours and proceed the next day to your destination. So the additional cost is a hotel room, extra meals etc which will add 2500/5000 more per journey ( depending on the type of stay). The petrol Nexon will do the journey within 12 hours with breaks.

Why to stop after 250km, fast charge the EV when you have your breakfast or lunch, top up when you have your lunch or evening tea, can easily finish 500-600 km in a day, offcourse need some planning as the charging infra is not built fully.
SKC-auto is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 09:51   #579

Hi Everyone

I had booked EV Max XZ Plus Lux jet edition with 7.2kw fast charger.
Now the dealer says he has one available with 3.3kw charger. My question is will there be option to buy the 7.2kw fast charger later and will it work? The dealer says the 7.2kw charger won't work on the 3.3kw model.

Thanks!
ashusrt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 10:34   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashusrt View Post
Hi Everyone

I had booked EV Max XZ Plus Lux jet edition with 7.2kw fast charger.
Now the dealer says he has one available with 3.3kw charger. My question is will there be option to buy the 7.2kw fast charger later and will it work? The dealer says the 7.2kw charger won't work on the 3.3kw model.

Thanks!
If you absolutely need the 7 kW charger you can procure it from outside as well. All Max variant cars can charge at 7 kW AC, the only thing different in the 3.3 kW model is the lack of the 7 kW charger and you’ll get a Ziptron 16A charging box.
varkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 11:51   #581

Quote:
If you absolutely need the 7 kW charger you can procure it from outside as well. All Max variant cars can charge at 7 kW AC, the only thing different in the 3.3 kW model is the lack of the 7 kW charger and you’ll get a Ziptron 16A charging box.
Thanks! So, purchasing 7kW charger later will work too. I am ok with 3.3kW charger in that case. This will give me time to evaluate if I need the fast charger at all.
ashusrt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 13:04   #582

Quote:
Connected with EV head of Tata Motors' dealer here in Surat. He also says that the 3.3kW variant doesn't have the capability of fast charging.
Now I am confused.
ashusrt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 13:17   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashusrt View Post
Connected with EV head of Tata Motors' dealer here in Surat. He also says that the 3.3kW variant doesn't have the capability of fast charging.
Now I am confused.
7 kW AC charging is still slow charging though.

Anyway I can very well confirm that my June 2022 manufactured, EV Max 3.3 kW, can charge at 7 kW when using an AC charger rated 7 kW or above. Just yesterday charged my car from 43% or so to 100% in about 3.5 hours at Ikea Bengaluru at a 7 kW station.

And below is my Max charging at 7 kW at a public paid charging station couple of a weeks ago.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-maxcharging7kw.jpg
varkey is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 13:31   #584

Quote:
7 kW AC charging is still slow charging though.

Anyway I can very well confirm that my June 2022 manufactured, EV Max 3.3 kW, can charge at 7 kW when using an AC charger rated 7 kW or above. Just yesterday charged my car from 43% or so to 100% in about 3.5 hours at Ikea Bengaluru at a 7 kW station.

And below is my Max charging at 7 kW at a public paid charging station couple of a weeks ago.

Attachment 2368967
Thanks! Good to know that you too own the Max. How has been your experience overall? Any concerns with under thigh support?
Old 17th October 2022, 13:50   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post

Please don't go by this notion.
EVs can be driven for more than 6-700Kms in a day with fast charging. I have personally driven for 600+Kms in a day in the ZS EV. This is more than sufficient for 95% of the drives many people undertake.

This is what I could do on a drive from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Less than 9Hrs driving time with 1hr of fast charging in between. This is similar to any ICE car.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20221017-13.39.24.jpeg

Have a look at the available fast charging network on Plugshare.com. At least the southern part of India is well covered with good reliable fast charging network. This will be replicated across the Country soon.
Sharing a screenshot of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-plugshare.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks