Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 13:30   #601

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Congrats on delivery of your new car!

1. Basic PPF is it STEK? How many years warranty? Do we need graphene coating if we already have PPF coating?
2. What kind of issue? If you don't mind kindly elaborate.
Old 28th October 2022, 14:50   #602

1. Basic PPF is it STEK? How many years warranty? Do we need graphene coating if we already have PPF coating?
3. Since I'm new unable to send DM I guess.
Old 28th October 2022, 16:38   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_K View Post

3. Since I'm new unable to send DM I guess.
1. I am not doing a full PPF. Shamanth has done it, STEK only. You can see in his post in the same thread. I am doing graphene coating plus PPF on the vulnerable areas.

2. A plethora of issues, wrong chasis number in the invoice (same motor number), number plate fixing, RTO delays, lack of paid accessories (even the Ganesha idol and mudflaps were not provided).

3. No worries, I will be doing a detailed post on my experiences soon.
Prasidhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 17:05   #604

Guys, can we install front sensors on this car? The accessories list mentions it but the dealer said installing front sensors are not allowed by TM as this will involve cutting of wire.
Meanwhile, sharing few clicks of my Max
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221028_093941.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221028_093928.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221028_093916.jpg  

ashusrt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 15:53   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
1. I am not doing a full PPF. Shamanth has done it, STEK only. You can see in his post in the same thread. I am doing graphene coating plus PPF on the vulnerable areas.
Thanks for mentioning me Prasidhi, the Ppf is STEK with online warranty of 5 years. I don't think you need Graphene coating, a little bit of ceramic coating spray every month would be enough to maintain the ppf's self healing. The spray that would last for 9-10 months will fall around 1.5k.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 18:16   #606
BHPian

Friends, I received a call from my SA today informing probable allotment from factory within 5 to 6 working days, making it approximately 60 days from date of booking.

Now, I want to know some details on income tax benefit under 80EEB, has anyone already availed and claimed benefit under the same?
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 21:32   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Friends, I received a call from my SA today informing probable allotment from factory within 5 to 6 working days, making it approximately 60 days from date of booking.

Now, I want to know some details on income tax benefit under 80EEB, has anyone already availed and claimed benefit under the same?
Congratulations and happy DC motoring .
I have declared under 80EEB and you can avail only on the Interest paid and not on principal amount.
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 01:58   #608

Happy to share with everyone that I’ve taken delivery of my Teal Blue boy. It’s been exhilarating experience to drive this beast around. KHT Motors has been worst in every possible way with dampening the delivery experience except for the last minute delivery ceremony but driving the car around has compensated for every other issue. I’ll share my detailed experience with all of you once my car comes back after PPF work. I’ve given it to Rakshith @ AutoRush as recommended by few other reviewers here.

I’m very thankful to all of the reviewers here for sharing their experiences, it helped me in various aspects in this buying process.

After taking delivery rain played some spoilsport on the car’s looks but sharing few images to give real world perspective of Teal Blue colour:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-e3b604acd4fb4abd9bc8824d0d3ba2a2.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-c673b9de51e342abbdd1497fc272456d.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-4b11f350614e473a999323ecc92dff30.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-e6e6e09eaee748e0b24a0fa9aec7dd06.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-53730d420e9d42deb589a25db2c3814d.jpeg  

Last edited by ajmat : 6th November 2022 at 12:16.
Jake_K is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 14:06   #609
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Cars has rolled out its 50,000th EV from its Pune facility.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20221107_140531.jpg

Press Release

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th November 2022 at 14:08.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 17:25   #610
BHPian

Has anyone purchased any aftermarket 7.4KW charger for Max? Please share your inputs.
Old 7th November 2022, 22:00   #611
BHPian

Finally, got the Nexon EV Max XZ+ fully free to use... Been a little late in posting as I took time to consolidate stuffs.

Warning: Long Post, please bear with me.

I was waiting for the longer range Nexon as I will need to travel to Kerala (Kozhikode and Wayanad) frequently and the Nexon Prime Range was a bit lesser in my estimate. We were very happy to see the Nexon EV Max on launch day and decided to take a test drive and then finalise. (First Mistake, not to book on the opening day itself).

A visit to Kropex was not at all good, and they never called back, Prerana did not have any TD Vehicle in their BTM showroom and had to go to Lal Bagh, so went with KHT Motors who got the TD vehcile home.

Had a TD was quite happy with the vehicle, though wife had a bit of prejudiced mind on the back seat comfort as she had read about the same. We needed a higher ground clearance to go through the native Wayanad and she again was a bit worried about the 195 mm ground clearance. My son and me assured her that it was sufficient, and she gave a go ahead. SA promised that the delivery could happen by July though the waiting period is higher.

Booking:

We finally made the booking on 29th May with KHT Motors (2nd Mistake: Should have booked online).
Booking process was smooth as the SA guided me with the details and I provided him the Aadhar and PAN details and the booking was made along with a payment of ₹21,000. Next day they issued a receipt for just ₹11,000. The first of the umpteen follow ups started here. I sent them a mail and finally the correction was made and a fresh receipt of ₹21,000 was given.

Allotment:

June was over and in July called up the SA and he told in two weeks the allotment would happen. In July end, he checked up with his authorities and told it would happen in August. Called up TATA Motors, they told me that they don't have any idea as the booking was made through the dealer and they took it as a complaint and forwarded. This prompted KHT to give me my waitlist number (I was 3 in KHT and some 20 odd in Karnataka). Meanwhile my SA had quit and joined Mahindra. The team leader of the SA who was communicating with me told me that it was because of me the SA had quit. (Interestingly, I am still in touch with SA and he had told me that it was his job empowerment and not any complaints was the reason he went to Mahindra). The team leader was so rude and I actually wished I wanted to cancel the booking and move to another dealer. Kerala dealers were delivering vehciles in a month by then. Then KHT sent me a mail stating that Rohith would be my connect point and he will interact with me.

Rohith, for one good thing was never giving any false assurances of delivery, he always told that vehicle has not been allotted and he doesn't have much idea when it will get allotted. Then in September he called me to tell that one vehcile allotted to someone can be allotted to me as the person is not intending to take delivery and the vehicle was lying in the yard. He told the de-allocation will happen soon and in 10 days, the process can be completed. I had arranged the amount and kept on following up and he told the de-allocation from the earlier person never happened from TATA's side. Whole September went that way.

On October 1st, I got a call from SA that a fresh vehicle has been allotted to me by TATA and it would take around 10 days to reach Bangalore. I got a mail confirming that from KHT on that day along with VIN and chasis number. As many of the fellow BHPians told, downloaded the Z-Connect app and found that the vehicle is in my name and lying in PUNE and once they despatched it, Z-Connect lost connect.

PDI and Pre-Delivery

Though I found the VIN in the app and the mail sent by KHT matching, somehow had a doubt on the motor number that it ended with 01234 (which is too good to be true). I had told Rohith and team that I wanted a PDI once the vehicle is in yard, and he had agreed to that. Went for the PDI to the yard and checked the vehicle. Checked the chassis number, but not the motor number, as I was not able to locate it. Was ok with the vehicle condition and gave a go ahead for Registration and also paid the full amount. (3rd Mistake - Checked only the VIN and Not checking the Motor number)

Insurance:

KHT had given the insurance amount for the vehicle as ₹1 lakh and I was not happy with the quote. So, during booking itself I had mentioned to KHT that I would be taking the insurance outside and not from them. Meanwhile, took a policy from Acko (IDV 5% lesser than the Ex-Showroom price, which is the norm as per RTO) for a premium of ₹47,518. (Return to Invoice, Tow Assistance and Accessories cover). The whole insurance policy was taken online in 10 minutes time. The person who called me was quite helpful and told me to be very careful while entering the Chasis number and Motor Number as it was difficult to change them later in the policy. She had warned that one will have to mail to their corporate mail id to change these details, which may take time.

Payment and Registration:

Made the full payment, however SA did not take any money for accessories as he told me that none of the accessories are available. [Not even the Ganesha idol and perfume, which was very hard to believe]. Don't know whether they were not happy with me as I did not take the insurance with them.

SA was asking me to do the registration with Indiranagar RTO (KA03), however I refused it as my jurisdiction was in KA01. They were not very happy as they told it happens online and I will have to wait more once the application is submitted. I didn't budge and insisted on Ka01 itself. They delayed submitting the documents for almost a week and meanwhile told me to take delivery without having Registration. I refused outright as it was illegal to take a vehicle even without applying for Registration.

Then came the twist. SA called me and told me that on inspection, they found that the last 5 digits of Motor Number is not the one mentioned in invoice, and they will get it corrected from TATA. They issued a fresh invoice, corrected their CRM, meanwhile I had to correct the insurance policy. (Acko had told it will be a tedious work). I contacted Acko and surprisingly, in a matter of 30 minutes, they did the correction and sent me the updated policy. [Full marks to Acko, hope their service later on will be as good]
Submitted all the documents to SA and it took another 3-4 days for Registration process to complete. They blamed RTO, but what I found is that as soon as the application is uploaded online, you get the Regn number allotted on the same day or worst case the next day. It was the delay at the dealer side that caused the problem and RTO process is smooth. Downloaded the vehicle details from mparivahan and cross checked. Dealer again had caused an error in my name and missed one alphabet. Now they have promised that it would be corrected once I get the RC Card. (Fourth mistake- Not insisting on dealer to show me the online application). Now I didn't want any chance and was ready to wait till the number plate is fixed.

Charger Installation:
Didn't get any call from TATA Power even after the registration was complete. I had told SA that the charger had to be fixed before delivery and it took a couple of twitter escalations for the TATA Power guys to come and do the installation. They told that they got the request from very late. Fixed the charger and told me to increase the connected load by 1kw as it can cause problems in future.

Delivery

Finally, on 26th of October, dealer informed me that the number plate is ready, and I can take the delivery. Even though I was not happy with the process, as I did not want to spoil a good occasion, carried small gifts to SA for their efforts and went to take the delivery. SA walked me through the documentations and other process, explained the working of the car. Here also they made a mistake of quoting the incorrect Motor number in the invoice. (I would rate his knowledge level on EV as average, and I had more knowledge obtained from our forum from you all folks). Car was delivered without any accessory (not even mudflaps and mats) as the stock was not "available". Was disappointed to see the number plate is not aligned properly and as it is an HSRP, it cannot be removed and refixed. The Service Advisor there assured me it would get corrected during first service (I don't believe that as HSRP cannot be removed and refixed). Delivery experience was not very great (my Palio delivery 14 years ago was much better than this), here the entire staff present wore an uninterested look on their face.

Now the Delightful PART

Vehicle is an absolute bliss. Driving is super smooth and maneuvering in the traffic is effortless. Fell in love with it in the first instance of driving and forgot all the not so good experiences with the buying process. Decided to go for a Graphene Coating. Had called up Rakshit of Autorush based on the feedback from our fellow bhpians.

Coating:

Rakshit is a cool guy to deal with and he quoted me 30k for graphene coating and 22K for partial PPF (Covering in vulnerable areas). His knowledge on the subject is pretty commendable and was very genuine. He gave clear timelines and adhered to the same, He also had told me not to take vehicle out in the rain for at least a week after Graphene coating. To my bad luck, it rained in Bangalore and had to keep car in the covered parking. The work was very good, and he also scheduled another round of top up coating sometime in 2nd week of November. Car looks glossy and great after coating, very happy and satisfied with Autorush.

Intially was not very comfortable on how to set the cruise control and one of our fellow bhpian had helped me. Drove thrugh NICE road and tested the cruise control. Now driving at 135 kw/hr, and was able to achieve 128 kw/hr after E-City flyover with cruise control. Hopefully, will be able to get more out of the car once my driving style improves. Tested Eco and City mode and did not have the guts to take the vehcile to sports mode now. Will do it later sometime. In Eco Mode itself, I felt the vehicle had more power than many of the ICE hatch backs I have driven.

Will provide more updates after my long-distance trip scheduled in the coming week.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-nexonev8.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-nexonev7.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-nexonev5.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-nexonev1.jpeg  

Prasidhi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 04:23   #612
BHPian

Hi All,

Have booked the Nexon EV max(grey color) in Chennai and its been 20 days since the booking and now the sales rep is informing me there is Blue color available for immediate delivery. Kind of surprising to get this so soon. Wondering if this is a PDI rejected one which is being off set to me. Any advice?
hemanthbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 08:13   #613
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
Hi All,

Have booked the Nexon EV max(grey color) in Chennai and its been 20 days since the booking and now the sales rep is informing me there is Blue color available for immediate delivery. Kind of surprising to get this so soon. Wondering if this is a PDI rejected one which is being off set to me. Any advice?
Two possibilities which I can think of, it can be a PDI rejected car by some customer or it can be an alloted car for which the customer was not able to arrange finance.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 11:43   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
Hi All,

Please do thorough PDI according to TEAM BHP Checklist and if everything goes well take delivery. Did you prefer FC 7.2KW or normal 3.3KW? Suggest you to go for FC if available in the car.
Jake_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 19:50   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Has anyone purchased any aftermarket 7.4KW charger for Max? Please share your inputs.
Yep, I got an eo mini 7.2 kW charger recently and installed it last week. It’s a basic unit, but works well. I got it installed by a local electrician and I had procured most supplementary materials prior to it.

The charging unit came with the charger itself and 5m Type 2 cable.

1. 40A Type A RCBO (This was bit difficult to procure, as nobody stocks Type A RCBOs. Normally available RCBOs are Type AC which is good for AC loads, for EV charging stations Type A is recommended as it protects against pulsating DC as well.)
2. Finolex 6 sq mm 3 core XLPE armoured cable (2XWY), distance required was only 8m. Upto 40-45m, only 6 sq mm cable is required. The cable itself is rated upto 54A. For longer distances you’d need to go for 10 sq mm cable.
3. Also got a smart relay & energy meter (Shelly EM), along with a contactor to remotely control the charger and measure energy consumption.

I have a 3 phase connection with KSEB with load of 10 kW. The electricity meter is already rated for 80A per phase, so did not need any change. But I got the fuse box used for the phase on which the charger is connected updated to an HRC fuse rated for 63A.

The charger is plug and play, there are led indicators on the device which indicate if it’s ready or charging or error mode etc. Connect the cable to the car and it starts charging. If you need to stop charging mid way, have to use the cable disconnect button on the Max and it stops charging. After which cable can be disconnected. Or I can turn off the charger using the smart relay.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-7b3486d5d8694cdab5b3f3a652af7da9.jpeg

I also got a 16A regular socket and a 32A industrial socket installed. The industrial socket because I had also procured a 7 kW portable charger which comes with the industrial plug. The Ziptron box that I got with the car, I relocated to my Bangalore home.
varkey is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks