Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2022, 16:14   #631
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_K View Post
Hope you have taken 7.2KW FC model for your home. Just curious... Do share long drive experience if any with EV MAX.
I have the 3.3 Kw charger at home as I charge it mostly overnight.
My MAX has done nearly 4K kms so far and it’s been a pleasant experience so far barring few niggles which were sorted out smoothly.
pradheepsr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 23:17   #632
BHPian

Any MAX owners in this forum who have received the 2nd remote key for their car from dealership yet?
Mine was delivered June 28th and I’m yet to receive the 2nd key. My SA saying it might still take a couple more months and cites the semiconductor shortage as the reason!

Is this the same with all TATA cars or is it just with EVs?
Old 15th November 2022, 06:47   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Any MAX owners in this forum who have received the 2nd remote key for their car from dealership yet?
Mine was delivered June 28th and I’m yet to receive the 2nd key. My SA saying it might still take a couple more months and cites the semiconductor shortage as the reason!

Got it along with the car itself. Looks like they are supplying both the keys now, as the semi conductor shortage is not a major issue. This is what another SA (not my SA) told me.
Prasidhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 16:27   #634

Quote:

I received a pair and I got the delivery less than a month back.
ashusrt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 08:38   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Got it when I went for the 2 months first free checkup. The service centre had it and they paired and handed over when I took the car back.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 09:00   #636

I have booked the Max XZ+ 3.3kW Intensi Teal on October 24th ( on Deepavali) at Adishakti Cars, Shivamogga. This dealership has just recently started dealing with EVs. The EV team is new and the upside is they are very enthusiastic to establish a good image and increase sales. Downside is, they are not yet very much aware of the processes related to EV orders. I was quoted a waiting period of atleast 5 months. We wanted to buy an EV before March 2023, as the 80EEB tax benefits would last only till then and we are not yet sure if it would be extended. So I told them that I would be buying one only if I am allotted before March, else I would be cancelling it. On October 27th, I received a call from Tata motors asking if I would be ready to take the delivery in November if the car is allocated. I was excited and was ready for it, but my father was a bit skeptical as it would be a November 2022 model and would affect resale value. I convinced him that it would not be much of a problem if we are planning to keep the car for long and confirmed them. From then on my excitement started . I kept checking with the dealer repeatedly for updates on allottment. Probably that worked and I got a car allotted from plant on November 11th. Got the engine and chassis number. From the chassis number I could get that the car was manufactured in November itself. I have a few doubts related to the car:

1) I have read on the forum that we can track the vehicle status on the Zconnect app once we get the chassis number. I tried it but the app says that my number is not registered. I contacted the Zconnect support and they told me that I can do so only after the dealer completes the e-KYC. I checked with the dealer and they said that they would do it during invoicing the vehicle after I do the PDI and confirm them. Can anyone please confirm if this is how its done?

2) Since the dealership has started dealing with EVs, they have not yet received the complete privilages in terms of EV shipment from plant. Currently they are operating as a sub entity to Adishakti, Bengaluru for EVs and they would be getting full privilages by March 2023. Until then, they would bill the car to their dealership at Bengaluru and from there certified drivers would bring the car by road to Shivamogga. Same is the case with their Davangere dealerahip. Shivamogga is a clear 300 km from Bengaluru and I was a bit skeptical of another person driving the car for so long. But they ensured me that its all their responsibility and I can reject the car during the PDI if I find any issues with the car. Is this normal? Are cars driven to dealerships by road?

3) I see exposed orange HV wiring running below the car, to the charging port. I am planning to install the Treel TPMS sensors for each wheel. For any tyre care, the dealer would lift the cars with the help of a hydraulic jack bed. Any special care to be taken during this process as I fear the jacking may damage the battery or the HV cables?
sachinshastry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 12:12   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinshastry View Post
:

1) I have read on the forum that we can track the vehicle status on the Zconnect app once we get the chassis number.
Congratulations on your purchase.
For 1) The kyc will be done after the billing and just before or after delivery. It's ok to wait for this as it's not critical.

2) I cannot fully answer this. So I will let my fellow bhpians answer this.

3) There are clear Jack points marked on the Ev and you should only jack the car there. The chances of damage are nil as long as you follow this. Just ensure the jack bed only lifts the chasis and is not in contact with the battery.

Quote:

The new owners are receiving only the smart keys and not the physical key within them, please correctme if I am wrong. The first buyers of Max like me has only got 1 key but it also has the physical key within. You will get it in second delivery so don't worry.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th November 2022 at 19:11. Reason: back to Back post merged.
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 11:49   #638
BHPian

Quick question to Nexon EV max owners - is the base floor mat (black one) in the car fitted snug to floor or is it bumpy and loose at places? I just checked the car allotted to us and the floor mat felt very loose and not stuck to floor - haven't seen this is any of our other cars.
Old 19th November 2022, 07:58   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinshastry View Post
1) I have read on the forum that we can track the vehicle status on the Zconnect app once we get the chassis number. I tried it but the app says that my number is not registered. I contacted the Zconnect support and they told me that I can do so only after the dealer completes the e-KYC. I checked with the dealer and they said that they would do it during invoicing the vehicle after I do the PDI and confirm them. Can anyone please confirm if this is how its done?

2) Since the dealership has started dealing with EVs, they have not yet received the complete privilages in terms of EV shipment from plant. Currently they are operating as a sub entity to Adishakti, Bengaluru for EVs and they would be getting full privilages by March 2023. Until then, they would bill the car to their dealership at Bengaluru and from there certified drivers would bring the car by road to Shivamogga. Same is the case with their Davangere dealerahip. Shivamogga is a clear 300 km from Bengaluru and I was a bit skeptical of another person driving the car for so long. But they ensured me that its all their responsibility and I can reject the car during the PDI if I find any issues with the car. Is this normal? Are cars driven to dealerships by road?

3) I see exposed orange HV wiring running below the car, to the charging port. I am planning to install the Treel TPMS sensors for each wheel. For any tyre care, the dealer would lift the cars with the help of a hydraulic jack bed. Any special care to be taken during this process as I fear the jacking may damage the battery or the HV cables?
Congratulations on the new car and it seems like tata has ramped up the EV production. A lot of people are getting their deliveries quickly!

1) zconnect logs in post the vehicle is invoiced to you. If the mobile number is same as invoice number you can create an account with given chassis number and log in. However, it’s useless unless kyc is done considering it’ll continue to show the location as Pune plant. So even if it isn’t working, it’s ok.

2) It happens for a lot of sister dealerships even for ICE cars. More usual for smaller towns getting their cars from the nearby city or district. 300kms is a lot, but if it isn’t your risk, it could still be ok as long as you do a detailed PDI. Another option is, if that works for you, you can get a PDI done at Bangalore on the vehicle arrival and also consider taking the delivery here. You can then drive the vehicle to your home. It might be a good experience for you!

3) I see it’s been already answered.
alok9345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 11:04   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok9345 View Post
2) It happens for a lot of sister dealerships even for ICE cars. More usual for smaller towns getting their cars from the nearby city or district. 300kms is a lot, but if it isn’t your risk, it could still be ok as long as you do a detailed PDI. Another option is, if that works for you, you can get a PDI done at Bangalore on the vehicle arrival and also consider taking the delivery here. You can then drive the vehicle to your home. It might be a good experience for you!
Is it always driven down and delivered? Would it be too expensive to transport on a flat bed/similar? I would imagine a few thousand rupees extra is worth it, especially for expensive cars, like the ~20 Lakh max.

Last edited by wocanak : 19th November 2022 at 11:06.
Old 19th November 2022, 13:39   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
Is it always driven down and delivered? Would it be too expensive to transport on a flat bed/similar? I would imagine a few thousand rupees extra is worth it, especially for expensive cars, like the ~20 Lakh max.
Audis, Mercs, BMWs and other luxury cars are even home delivered on a flatbed generally. Rarely seen a Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Mahindra being delivered on a flatbed, even to home. Others might opine if it does. They drive from stockyards to dealerships too and similarly to sister dealerships which are generally in 50-100kms radius.

As I said 300kms is a lot, but the process probably remains the same for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
The new owners are receiving only the smart keys and not the physical key within them, please correctme if I am wrong. The first buyers of Max like me has only got 1 key but it also has the physical key within. You will get it in second delivery so don't worry.
Nope, got the car delivery in august and got two keys on delivery and both of them have the physical key. I think everyone is now getting two proper keys. It just seems from all the messages here and telegram that you need to really follow up and push your SA/Dealer for the second key and also check during service if you’re going to the same dealer’s SC.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th November 2022 at 13:48. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
Old 19th November 2022, 18:13   #642
Senior - BHPian

ZigWheels Drive to death with Nexon EV Max, 300kms on single charge.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th November 2022 at 18:14.
Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:10   #643
BHPian

Went for a Ghat section drive from Wayanad to Calicut. Drove in Economy mode, Regen -2 (Regen-3 was too much and hence found Regen-2 useful). Started Ghat section descent at 64% and ended up with 71%. Drive was smooth, and end of the downhill my stats were showing at 81 kw/hr.

To say something positive, had a smooth experience with TATA dealer Rotana Motors in Calicut, wherein they fixed the scuff plates, mud flaps, door visors (I was not given any accessories from by my dealer as they were "out of stock"). Happened to see some deliveries happening there with big fanfare and with good smiling faces. Good to see some TATA dealer who is actually customer oriented.

In Calicut, at my parent's place I was not able to charge, as once I started charging, the mcb's at home was tripping and cutting of the power. It was too late for the electrician to fix it. Called up Rotana Motors and they told to bring the car next day there where they can do a faster charging. Took the vehicle to Rotana next day morning and immediately charging was started. Saw in Rotana some arrangements being made for some meet, checked with them and found that they are having in the afternoon, a customer meet with people who bought cars from them in the previous three months for a feedback and their MD was meeting them. TATA dealers do this? Happy to see the improvements...

My charging was absolutely free of cost from their side.

Started my journey back to Wayanad, on climbing back, it took 15% of charge. i.e, from Adivaram (base) to Lakkidi (Top). Again, Economy Mode and Regen Level 1. Vehicle cruised and was able to overtake many vehicles with absolute ease.

Reached Mananthavady and charged overnight. Started from Mananthavady next day to Bangalore, used Manathavady - Sulthan Bathery - Gundulpet-Mysore - Mandya - Bangalore Route. Recharged at Mall of Mysore.

Zeon Charging station in Mall of Mysore is becoming popular now a days, a Tigor just finished when I reached, there were two cars, one Nexon and one Kona waiting for me to finish. Luckily I did not have wait time and finished charging in roughly 35 minutes (45% to 95%), had some snacks from MoM.

Entire highway drive in Economy mode, Regen-1, 330 Kms was covered with around 95% usage.

My love towards this vehicle has progressed day by day... Next trip full in City Mode on same route. Will update this forum.
Prasidhi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 07:05   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Went for a Ghat section drive from Wayanad to Calicut. Drove in Economy mode, Regen -2 (Regen-3 was too much and hence found Regen-2 useful). Started Ghat section descent at 64% and ended up with 71%. Drive was smooth, and end of the downhill my stats were showing at 81 kw/hr.

To say something positive, had a smooth experience with TATA dealer Rotana Motors in Calicut, wherein they fixed the scuff plates, mud flaps, door visors (I was not given any accessories from by my dealer as they were "out of stock"). Happened to see some deliveries happening there with big fanfare and with good smiling faces. Good to see some TATA dealer who is actually customer oriented.

In Calicut, at my parent's place I was not able to charge, as once I started charging, the mcb's at home was tripping and cutting of the power. It was too late for the electrician to fix it. Called up Rotana Motors and they told to bring the car next day there where they can do a faster charging. Took the vehicle to Rotana next day morning and immediately charging was started. Saw in Rotana some arrangements being made for some meet, checked with them and found that they are having in the afternoon, a customer meet with people who bought cars from them in the previous three months for a feedback and their MD was meeting them. TATA dealers do this? Happy to see the improvements...

My charging was absolutely free of cost from their side.

Started my journey back to Wayanad, on climbing back, it took 15% of charge. i.e, from Adivaram (base) to Lakkidi (Top). Again, Economy Mode and Regen Level 1. Vehicle cruised and was able to overtake many vehicles with absolute ease.

Reached Mananthavady and charged overnight. Started from Mananthavady next day to Bangalore, used Manathavady - Sulthan Bathery - Gundulpet-Mysore - Mandya - Bangalore Route. Recharged at Mall of Mysore.

Zeon Charging station in Mall of Mysore is becoming popular now a days, a Tigor just finished when I reached, there were two cars, one Nexon and one Kona waiting for me to finish. Luckily I did not have wait time and finished charging in roughly 35 minutes (45% to 95%), had some snacks from MoM.

Entire highway drive in Economy mode, Regen-1, 330 Kms was covered with around 95% usage.

My love towards this vehicle has progressed day by day... Next trip full in City Mode on same route. Will update this forum.
Thank you for the review. What speed did you drive at in the highways? Also did you use cruise control?
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 08:55   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Thank you for the review. What speed did you drive at in the highways? Also did you use cruise control?
Highways in Karnataka most of the time in cruise only. Bangalore - Mysore, and return Gundulpet - Bangalore 78-82 kms cruise.

Mysore Gonikoppa Kutta around 60km cruise wherever possible.

In Kerala, on the Wayanad Calicut road, it was impossible to use cruise.
Prasidhi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed