Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 16:40   #646
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Zeon Charging station in Mall of Mysore is becoming popular now a days, a Tigor just finished when I reached, there were two cars, one Nexon and one Kona waiting for me to finish. Luckily I did not have wait time and finished charging in roughly 35 minutes (45% to 95%), had some snacks from MoM.
I dont understand why people end up waiting when there are options available. There is a jioBP in a mall next to this, a Tata showroom nearby and an MG showroom on the other side of the city. Still, I see people waiting at popular Zeon chargers all the time. Especially sad to see Nexons waiting at these 50kW chargers as they can only charge at 22kW and still wait here rather than go elsewhere.
lina is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 08:17   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Went for a Ghat section drive from Wayanad to Calicut. Drove in Economy mode, Regen -2 (Regen-3 was too much and hence found Regen-2 useful). Started Ghat section descent at 64% and ended up with 71%. Drive was smooth, and end of the downhill my stats were showing at 81 kw/hr.
Hey Prasidhi,

Thank you for sharing this. I would suggest to keep the Regen at 0 in uphill sections to let the vehicle coast in corners and it let's you accelerate uphill without losing energy from the regen braking.

Try this and see if it makes a difference.
shamanths3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 20:15   #648

Hi all,
A quick question. Is it OK to sit in the car while it is charging?
Old 27th November 2022, 10:49   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashusrt View Post
Hi all,
A quick question. Is it OK to sit in the car while it is charging?
As per one answer in Plugin India Nexon Ownership review, we can sit in the car + use AC while charging the car.

https://www.****************/blogs/t...ownership-blog
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-8a98d613a66a41aabc0b933288acbe24.jpeg  

Jake_K is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 07:38   #650
BHPian

Hi Bhpians, finally today I am going for the PDI of my Max Jet. Yesterday noticed the stark difference between a Maruti / Toyota / Hyundai & Tata, not about the product but the service, lot of catching up yet to be done. The SA had called me yesterday to inform that the vehicle is ready for PDI, I left office wrapping up early to reach and found out, they had not even bothered to match the VIN with mine, they had called me to do PDI of another customer's car, so strange!

Anyways, finally going today again after their confirmation of my car also available for PDI. One quick question to BHPians, the accessories guy handed over a brochure of Nexon (not EV specific) accessories, there I found out they have got front bumper parking sensors on offer, is this available to fit on the EV? Will it not void warranty? Has anyone here fitted one from TBHP? The accessories guy is yet to answer my query, I guess he is clueless like most of other things I asked yesterday. I have attached the brochure here for others to see and comment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nexon Accessories Brochure.pdf (1.47 MB, 626 views)
Old 29th November 2022, 09:51   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
One quick question to BHPians, the accessories guy handed over a brochure of Nexon (not EV specific) accessories, there I found out they have got front bumper parking sensors on offer, is this available to fit on the EV?
Dealers in Surat are not fitting the front sensors but Wasan Motors in Borivali, Mumbai is. Apparently, there is no clear indication from TaMo and it is done by dealers at their own risk (as told by service center head in Surat).

So, I've been refused front sensors but I know someone who has it fitted from Mumbai.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th November 2022 at 09:53. Reason: spacing for improved readability
ashusrt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 15:33   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_K View Post
As per one answer in Plugin India Nexon Ownership review, we can sit in the car + use AC while charging the car.
While this is technically true, there have been issues with MG ZS EV, Tata Nexon and Tata Tigor. No one has got to the bottom of the issue but it is a mix of non-ABB chargers, car being on while charging and voltage fluctuations.

Some kind of software bug kicks in sometimes and the car is essentially bricked till service guys come in and reset something. Sadly, a full pattern has not been established and I have stopped switching on the car while charging.
lina is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 20:59   #653
BHPian

Hi All EV Owners.

I am contemplating to buy an EV as my next car upgrade. I have just started my research. so far all things point my next car to be an EV only. However there is 1 major blocker.

I live on a rented apartment and will be shifting to my own apartment in next 8-12 months. I know in such situation the ideal step will be to wait and only buy the EV in own apartment as I don't want to shift the charging point and risk any damages and incur extra charges.

I am still upbeat about buying the EV sooner than later because of presence of 2 Fast charging stations within 6 km radius of my home and 2 more within 10 kms. So I am hopeful that I can solely rely on these public chargers until the apartment shifting happens. My monthly usage is roughly 700 km with a mix of city and highway drive & I am a sedate driver so hoping to extract good range out of each charge.

Question- will existing EV owners recommend this? whether having a home charger is MUST to start the ownership of EV?
Old 1st December 2022, 12:01   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Hi All EV Owners.

I am contemplating to buy an EV as my next car upgrade. I have just started my research. so far all things point my next car to be an EV only. However there is 1 major blocker.

I live on a rented apartment and will be shifting to my own apartment in next 8-12 months. I know in such situation the ideal step will be to wait and only buy the EV in own apartment as I don't want to shift the charging point and risk any damages and incur extra charges.

I am still upbeat about buying the EV sooner than later because of presence of 2 Fast charging stations within 6 km radius of my home and 2 more within 10 kms. So I am hopeful that I can solely rely on these public chargers until the apartment shifting happens. My monthly usage is roughly 700 km with a mix of city and highway drive & I am a sedate driver so hoping to extract good range out of each charge.

Question- will existing EV owners recommend this? whether having a home charger is MUST to start the ownership of EV?
With a Nexon EV, relying only on fast chargers is never a good idea. Also Tata recommends slow charging after every 4 or 5 fast charging sessions.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 20:54   #655

Can someone recommend me a source for the 7d floor mats that fit the EV Max. There is one listing on Amazon, but not sure how good it is. The Tata dealer isn't having any in stock and likely to only get the 3d mats sometime in the middle of December.
Old 1st December 2022, 23:57   #656
BHPian

It seems a dealer damaged a customer's Nexon EV by dropping it off lift. They have denied issuing a consumer report and are not releasing the CCTV footage also. They want the consumer to use their insurance and have threatened him if they he doesn't take his insurance and proceeds against them legally that they will keep him stuck in the legal process. Their MD even said that no use of complaining to Tata as they never respond. And true to that has been no response from Tata Motors for over 45 days and they just keep closing the complaint. The latest complaint is Complaint# 5-16407221672. The dealer is Orange Auto Pvt Ltd Service Center, Hyderabad.

Hyderabad Tata owners, beware.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12454255.html
anti21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 15:30   #657

It looks like many service centers aren't capable of handling EVs properly. I've been told Tata is opening exclusive EV service centers.
Old 3rd December 2022, 15:42   #658
BHPian

I have a few questions. Please help.

1. I have been going to Bescom office in Bangalore for last three four days. Every day the person in charge tells me to call one of the contractor who would come to my place and get the documentation for load increase. However, for past three four days he did not show up and not responding over phone. What is the process of load increase for 7.2 KW and can I get it done myself? they also mentioned they could give is EV charging connection at a cheaper rate with a new meter instead of increasing load.

2. How do I join the telegram group for Nexon ev max owners.

4. Delivery experience from Kropex electronics city was very nice. However, the Zconnect app was not activated and Fastag is also not received. Since it was late night, I also did not check it. Can I activate Zconnect app myself? For Fastag I think I can go to some highway place (although there is no RC yet).

When the vehicle was delivered with 99% charge it was showing a range of about 260 kms. Current Wh/km is about 196.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 19:03   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I have a few questions. Please help.

2. How do I join the telegram group for Nexon ev max owners.
Two of them-

https://t.me/Nexon_EV

https://t.me/TataNexonIndia
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 08:29   #660
BHPian

Re: My First EV: Nexon EV 2.0 Aka Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
What the price of the EO mini charger you are referring to? it is cheaper than tata's 50k?

Yeah i know about KA. Its only a matter of time, eventually all discoms will definitely adopt these pricing strategies once EV adoption increases. Then EV will stop making sense again.

I know that some states don't allow EV charging on the residential meter already, i think MP. We'll see what the future has in store for us.
After spending one day with ev max, I can tell this is not true.

Firstly, for most of the use cases, a 15A plug is all we need. For example, I came home yesterday around 8.45 pm with about 45 percent charge. Today by morning 5.25 AM it was fully charged with a regular 15A plug that I installed in the parking lot. This is without compromising any of my schedule.

The 15A plug is connected to the regular load, and there is no difference with this plug compared to other plugs where Microwave, AC etc. are connected. No need to change any load also.

While I have applied for a three phase conversion, it would take time, and till then a 15A plus can be used. Manual also says it is best to use a normal 15A plug to optimise battery health. So even after the load increase, I may continue using 15A plug.

One full charge gives at least 300 kms, so daily charging is also not required unless you are going outstation.

Although BESCOm provides separate EV meter, difficult to get those for residential, and they don't have any issue with regular 15A charging (as it is like any other load).

Last edited by sumannandy : 4th December 2022 at 08:31.
sumannandy is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks