Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 11:03   #661
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I have a few questions. Please help.

1. I have been going to Bescom office in Bangalore for last three four days. Every day the person in charge tells me to call one of the contractor who would come to my place and get the documentation for load increase. However, for past three four days he did not show up and not responding over phone. What is the process of load increase for 7.2 KW and can I get it done myself? they also mentioned they could give is EV charging connection at a cheaper rate with a new meter instead of increasing load.

2. How do I join the telegram group for Nexon ev max owners.

4. Delivery experience from Kropex electronics city was very nice. However, the Zconnect app was not activated and Fastag is also not received. Since it was late night, I also did not check it. Can I activate Zconnect app myself? For Fastag I think I can go to some highway place (although there is no RC yet).

When the vehicle was delivered with 99% charge it was showing a range of about 260 kms. Current Wh/km is about 196.
3.3KW is good enough to charge at home (this would need 12-13hrs of charge time). If you install 7kw charger, you would need to increase your load capacity this would mean that your monthly electricity bill will go up irrespective of the usage.
You can register Zconnect app by yourself. I had some difficulties on iphone but could easily register on Android phone
Old 6th December 2022, 11:09   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Question- will existing EV owners recommend this? whether having a home charger is MUST to start the ownership of EV?
It is definitely possible but a little difficult. You will have to look for a place to slow charge once after about five fast charges. There are a lot of options for this like a mall, some office, some fast chargers also have a slower charge point available or a neighbour, a friend or a family member. Depending on how much you drive, you would have to do this only once or twice a month. However, Tata EVs have a lot of issues with battery quality and BMS. They need users to slow charge from near 0 to 100% to calibrate the battery. So it would be best to avoid purchasing your EV for the next six months unless you have a friend or neighbour where you can leave your vehicle overnight to charge. Otherwise go with the MG ZS or Hyundai Kona which are far superior vehicles and don't have these battery calibration issues.

Last edited by Lobogris : 6th December 2022 at 11:11.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 13:58   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Hi All EV Owners.

I am contemplating to buy an EV as my next car upgrade. I have just started my research. so far all things point my next car to be an EV only. However there is 1 major blocker.

I live on a rented apartment and will be shifting to my own apartment in next 8-12 months. I know in such situation the ideal step will be to wait and only buy the EV in own apartment as I don't want to shift the charging point and risk any damages and incur extra charges.

I am still upbeat about buying the EV sooner than later because of presence of 2 Fast charging stations within 6 km radius of my home and 2 more within 10 kms. So I am hopeful that I can solely rely on these public chargers until the apartment shifting happens. My monthly usage is roughly 700 km with a mix of city and highway drive & I am a sedate driver so hoping to extract good range out of each charge.

Question- will existing EV owners recommend this? whether having a home charger is MUST to start the ownership of EV?
After every three fast charging, one slow charging is recommended by TATA itself. This is basically for maintaining the good health of the battery.

You may not be needing to charge the vehicle every day unless your vehicle usage is around 200 odd kms in a day. So, if you can get a slow charger nearby (or in your office or parking place outside) and use it, it is the best option. In Bangalore, Bescom provides public slow charger in certain areas, you can check whether such facility is available in Pune also. Also, slow charging is normally at least 50% cheaper than fast charging.
Prasidhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 14:07   #664
BHPian

Quote:
I have a few questions. Please help.

1. I have been going to Bescom office in Bangalore for last three four days. Every day the person in charge tells me to call one of the contractor who would come to my place and get the documentation for load increase. However, for past three four days he did not show up and not responding over phone. What is the process of load increase for 7.2 KW and can I get it done myself? they also mentioned they could give is EV charging connection at a cheaper rate with a new meter instead of increasing load.

2. How do I join the telegram group for Nexon ev max owners.

4. Delivery experience from Kropex electronics city was very nice. However, the Zconnect app was not activated and Fastag is also not received. Since it was late night, I also did not check it. Can I activate Zconnect app myself? For Fastag I think I can go to some highway place (although there is no RC yet).

When the vehicle was delivered with 99% charge it was showing a range of about 260 kms. Current Wh/km is about 196.

For Qn 4, Fastag and Zconnect are activated normally after the KYC is done. Install the ZConnect and see whether it is working fine with your registered mobile number, if not, please call the dealer and ask whether the KYC is done or not.

Normally, Fastag is provided by the dealer himself as he would have charged you for that also. If not, you can get it instantly from him and activation happens in a day.

If the vehicle is registered, you can get the virtual RC from mparivahan app, and this will serve all the purpose. RC card shipping normally takes time.

Your driving behavior decides the range displayed and it will vary later. In my first long trip, I got almost 330 kms in 92% and it was showing that high range when I just came back after that trip. However, it changed as the city driving increased now a days.
Prasidhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 13:49   #665
BHPian

A question to those who drive their Nexon Max in Mumbai, is the ride quality better than the prime variants(If you've driven one)? How does Nexon ev compete with the ZS EV on the ride front?

I'm looking for a comfortable EV and that's the main criteria for me at the moment. Feedback welcome.
Old 7th December 2022, 15:05   #666

Re: My First EV: Nexon EV 2.0 Aka Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Is the charger 3 Phase or single phase? Meaning is it using all 4 wires from meter as input. RYB and neutral or just 2 (1 Phase and 1 Neutral)?
Sorry for replying late, was preoccupied with lots of pressure at work. Its using all 4 wires if i remember correctly. I will see if i still have the picture while they were installing it. Or better, just scroll to previous pages, you will find my review. I think I have put a picture there.
Old 7th December 2022, 15:52   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapproach View Post
Sorry for replying late, was preoccupied with lots of pressure at work. Its using all 4 wires if i remember correctly. I will see if i still have the picture while they were installing it. Or better, just scroll to previous pages, you will find my review. I think I have put a picture there.
It's a single phase charger, you will have 3 wires L, N and Ground.
Old 8th December 2022, 22:48   #668
BHPian

I went for a 440 km trip today. I charged at Taj. Then we drove for approx. 180 kms in approx 70% of charge. Cruise control was set at 92 kmph with AC. However, the fast charger was not working and I had to put it for slow charge. While having lunch, it was getting charged.

Since I had a meeting, I approached the next door Tata Motors showroom and explained the issue (No fast charger). Requested them if they could arrange a car for taking us around for the meetings. They arranged one car with a driver who took us around for the meetings and dropped us back. By then the car was charged by 50%. Actually the limit was set to 500, so the charging was stopped.

While we came back we found that the charger was removed and another Nexon was charging. Since it was AC charger, as per manual, it had to be unlocked. One guy introduced himself as person fro Lion Charger, and explained that he unlocked with emergency unlock button and that there would not be any issues in the car.

While coming back, the fast charger was working. Charged for 35 minutes while having dinner. Came back home.
sumannandy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 15:51   #669
BHPian

Finally yesterday was the DDay when I took my Max Jet home after approximately 3 months since booking. I don't know if this is standard across all dealerships, but my dealership made a great gesture, they gifted us a small Plant, as a token of appreciation for buying an EV. Hats off to whoever took the initiative, SA or Dealership or TAMO
So far so good, as expected, phenomenal ride quality, breeze to drive on bumper to bumper traffic, super cool features coming from a humble hatchback. Looking forward to miles of Electrifying journey ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_9905.jpeg  

arpanjha is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 21:04   #670
BHPian

Congratulations.

I am having lot of issues with the fuel release flap. It is getting stuck and not opening. had to visit service centre thrice. Is anybody else facing the same issue?

Went for a short drive in Mysore Road. Maddur bypass is open. There are three chargers in Maddur, one in McDonalds BPCL, one opposite side (towards Bangalore) BPCL and one (or two) in Shivalli restaurant. Did a quick seven minutes top up in BPCL and then had lunch at Shivalli. Charger flap got stuck, so could not charge at Shivalli. On the way back visited service centre to fix the flap and did a quick top up of 9 kwh, came back home with 24% SoC.

In Anantpur trip I got effective range of 308 kms. 280-300 should be possible in highway trip.

City driving I got a range of 408 kms on my second day of driving. Range seemed to have dropped since then.

I also observed the following.

1. There is auto hold but no hill hold. Or am I missing something. Brochure talks about hill hold though.
2. Cruise control keeps the Wh/km to 120 to 130. It is possible to get lower by being really gentle on accelerator.
3. One litre water bottle can be comfortably kept in the door pocket if we tilt the bottle.
4. No cup holder.
5. AC works fine but need to use defogger.
6. headlights are good.
7. its very difficult to get the wireless charger working.
8. Tried Android auto, it works well. My cable does not support Apple CarPlay so could not test it.
9. I have been charging from 15A plug at home. TATA Power is yet to install and they are not talking.

Last edited by sumannandy : 10th December 2022 at 21:10.
sumannandy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 13:29   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I generally mantain an average speed of about 100 kmph, i do the blr to hyd stretch in about 7 hours depending on the conditions. My drives are generally about 700/1000 kms a day when I head out. I would cover the blr to bom stretch in about 12 hours.
I am in a similar situation as yours. I also do bangalore Hyd in about 6-7 hours and Bombay in about 12. Recently I have started my drives in EV. Bangalore to Anantpur I take around 1 hour 50 minutes in non ev. This time while going back from Anantpur in ev max it was evening, and I was maintaining around 80-90 kmph mostly in cruise. Normally I do not use cruise control in non ev and my top speed is much much higher. With 35 in stoppage at Hotel Gangothri where we had food and the car was also charged for 35 mins, I was in Bangalore outskirt in 2 hours 40 minutes including the stoppage. EV max is a good vehicle and can hold charges well. I have also observed if we drive at 71 kmph cruise with AC on, you may get close to 360-380 kms of range. Obviously that's not what we do, but there is always a backup. Steady cruise speed won't make a lot of difference in time.

Chargers are coming up everywhere. Private chargers, Govt is also putting up chargers in petrol pumps. Bangalore to Mysore expressway in Maddur there are three new chargers.

I am leaving for another trip tomorrow. Hopefully there will not be any issue.

Driving long distance in EV requires two things.
1. Slow charge the battery previous day and every day slow charge at night for cell balancing. Plan your stops accordingly.
2. Have lunch dinner and any other stop in the places where you have good restaurants. Except for petrol pumps where you have ev chargers, otherwise chargers are located in places with good restaurants. Also a homework and practice charge where you would be charging before leaving.

Its not seamless, but with some planning and awareness it is definitely manageable, and it is getting better everyday.

Last edited by sumannandy : 11th December 2022 at 13:31.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 09:05   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations.

I am having lot of issues with the fuel release flap. It is getting stuck and not opening. had to visit service centre thrice. Is anybody else facing the same issue?

Went for a short drive in Mysore Road. Maddur bypass is open. There are three chargers in Maddur, one in McDonalds BPCL, one opposite side (towards Bangalore) BPCL and one (or two) in Shivalli restaurant. Did a quick seven minutes top up in BPCL and then had lunch at Shivalli. Charger flap got stuck, so could not charge at Shivalli. On the way back visited service centre to fix the flap and did a quick top up of 9 kwh, came back home with 24% SoC.

In Anantpur trip I got effective range of 308 kms. 280-300 should be possible in highway trip.

City driving I got a range of 408 kms on my second day of driving. Range seemed to have dropped since then.

I also observed the following.

1. There is auto hold but no hill hold. Or am I missing something. Brochure talks about hill hold though.
2. Cruise control keeps the Wh/km to 120 to 130. It is possible to get lower by being really gentle on accelerator.
3. One litre water bottle can be comfortably kept in the door pocket if we tilt the bottle.
4. No cup holder.
5. AC works fine but need to use defogger.
6. headlights are good.
7. its very difficult to get the wireless charger working.
8. Tried Android auto, it works well. My cable does not support Apple CarPlay so could not test it.
9. I have been charging from 15A plug at home. TATA Power is yet to install and they are not talking.
For the charge flap issue, even I am going to SC this time. But what works for me is a long pull on the lever.

For the other points
1. Hill hold is only for 2 seconds I guess. It's just hill hold Assist and not a complete hill hold where you stop automatically. You can use Auto hold to stop completely after long pressing the brakes.
2. It very much depends on the elevation. If there are too many gradients on road, then the Cruise control takes higher average than normal driving. But still it's a very well designed system.
3. Front doors can handle bigger bottles like a flask as well. Back doors can handle upto 1 litre Tupperware only.
4. Yep a big miss for front seat.
5. Try using AC with Face and Feet mode only, I just found that Fogging is reduced a lot.
6. Headlights are really good, not sure what others are complaining about. Also the oncoming traffic don't get the urge to get down and kill us all the same since we don't blind them .
7. Seems to be working perfectly fine for my S20 FE. I think it depends on the size of the phone as well.
8. Wireless would have been better. Planning to buy a converter soon.
9. Please try to get this escalated by calling Tata Power helpline and see if not already done.

Happy Driving
Old 13th December 2022, 09:46   #673
BHPian

Drive to Hyderabad from Bangalore.

Lion charger in Anantpur is throttled at 15kw. App was not working, the support guy was on video call with me to manually charge, reset etc. wasted one hour for slow charge plus talking to customer care for troubleshooting. Left after a quick top up.

Exotica only Ac charger is working.

Drove till blue moon at 80 kmph cruise. Had a quick top up for 35 mins. 25kw charger. The charger was showing 407 or something error after charging was completed.

Next stop was Kurnool, Sasya charger was actually at opposite side renault showroom towards bangalore. Charging was ok but the app lost connection with the charger. It was manually switched off. Quick top up till 80 percent.

From there till mehboobnagar drove like an ice car as I had a meeting. Reached the meeting point 130 lms in 52 percent charge. So 260 is what you get as range when you drive hard. Best case 380.

From there drive till ChargeGrid real slow as we were not sure about status. ChargeGrid is fast charger and worked flawlessly. But charging rate slowed down after another normal Nexon joined in. Charged till 82 percent.

After reaching Hyderabad tried Ac fast charging at lion charge but it did not work. Customer care was as usual great but they were unable to resolve. Finally did a dc fast charge at night.

Overall interesting experience.
Old 18th December 2022, 11:38   #674

Just found out that the regen will be at Level 1 until the battery is discharged to 90% SOC on my EV MAX even though I set it to level 2 or 3, after it goes below 90% does the multiple regen levels work
Hareesh27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 12:51   #675
BHPian

This is the range it was showing today morning.

Name:  range 1 copy.png
Views: 898
Size:  354.2 KB

AC Off, Eco mode. Close to 484 kms range in full charge.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks