Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 07:33   #226
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Did you get any update if the RTO has started the registration
There has been radio silence from the SA front. No response to even what's app messages. Very unlike him. I will call him again today sometime to get some clarity on RTO and my delivery as well. If he doesn't respond I will approach his team leader.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:33   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmunjuluri View Post
There has been radio silence from the SA front. No response to even what's app messages. Very unlike him. I will call him again today sometime to get some clarity on RTO and my delivery as well. If he doesn't respond I will approach his team leader.
Update as of 11 AM, 15th June 2022
Spoke to the SA and the registrations have apparently started in bangalore for EV Max. His team leader is on Holiday and he being a new bee and mine being his first company lease car, he is struggling. Hopefully by end of this week, they will call me for proper PDI and then start the registration process. Keeping fingers crossed for delivery in next week.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:01   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Update as of 11 AM, 15th June 2022
Spoke to the SA and the registrations have apparently started in bangalore for EV Max. His team leader is on Holiday and he being a new bee and mine being his first company lease car, he is struggling. Hopefully by end of this week, they will call me for proper PDI and then start the registration process. Keeping fingers crossed for delivery in next week.
Thanks for the update!!!. I understand how you feel. I am waiting for the Nexon EV from November . I first had booked Dark edition, but changed to Max once it was released. Even though my name is on top of the list at the showroom, I am awaiting any confirmation on when they are going to deliver. The showroom has been very responsive in answering my queries, but they are also waiting for the Teal colour 7.2kw version to their showroom. It's just a waiting game now.
Old 15th June 2022, 14:12   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I’m not 100% sold on the Nexon EV Max yet but I made an online booking for Lux 3.3 kW variant on Friday night and paid Rs 21,000. Thought it’s good to be in the queue if at all I want to go for it considering the publicised waiting period is around 4 months.
Quote:
I had made a booking on June 3rd by paying Rs 11,000 at Gokulam (I’ve a booking in Bangalore too). Asked about delivery and the SA is like there are a lot of bookings and repeated the same 3-4 month timeline. Apparently the parent dealership have got only 3 allocations so far, one being the test drive car and two customer cars. He said this month they might get 25 cars allocated and if there are any cancellations he’d let me know. Most bookings are for the intensi teal colour apparently, same as my booking.

My booking is with Key Motors, Bangalore, and today checked with the SA and I was told my booking is number 28th based on the date of booking (May 20th) and the revised estimate for billing is 18-22 weeks from the date of booking. Looks like its gonna be a while.

The other booking with Sree Gokulam Motors, Kochi which was done on June 3rd, not sure of the position. Fingers crossed on which booking would be ready first

Last edited by varkey : 15th June 2022 at 14:18.
Old 15th June 2022, 16:51   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update!!!. I understand how you feel. I am waiting for the Nexon EV from November . I first had booked Dark edition, but changed to Max once it was released. Even though my name is on top of the list at the showroom, I am awaiting any confirmation on when they are going to deliver. The showroom has been very responsive in answering my queries, but they are also waiting for the Teal colour 7.2kw version to their showroom. It's just a waiting game now.
Oh that is so bad. Hopefully they allocate one to you quickly. Just FYI, working with BESCOM and upgrading your connection to 3 phase 7KW or 10 KW will take quite sometime is what I understood from the tatapower survey team who visited my apartment for inspection. So I would suggest you kick start the process in the interim, if you do not have a 3 Phase 7KW or 10 KW connection already.

It will be such a let down, if bescom thing eats up time once you are allocated EV Max.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 17:17   #231
BHPian

Quote:
It will be such a let down, if bescom thing eats up time once you are allocated EV Max.
My apartment has a 3 phase connection already. I have taken the Association's permission to install a private meter for reading as well. Yet to see how it goes with Tata Power team.

Last edited by shamanths3 : 15th June 2022 at 17:42. Reason: Grammar mistakes
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 10:29   #232
BHPian

I have booked the Nexon EV max with 7.5 Kw charger. I live in an independent house and sanctioned electricity capacity is 10.5 Kw. Is this enough or should I apply for another 4.5 Kw. Please advice
Old 16th June 2022, 12:23   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I have booked the Nexon EV max with 7.5 Kw charger. I live in an independent house and sanctioned electricity capacity is 10.5 Kw. Is this enough or should I apply for another 4.5 Kw. Please advice
Since the sanctioned load is 10.5 kW, my understanding is that's the maximum power that you are allowed to use across all your connected equipment at any given point of time. With a 7.2 kW EV charger, assuming it consumes around 7 kW atleast during the initial phases of charging, you have 3.5 kW left for your other equipment (refrigerator, AC, mixer, oven etc etc), if you think the total simultaneous load while using the charger might not go above 10.5 kW, then perhaps you might be able keep it at 10.5 kW itself.

Also, in KA, it might be cheaper to get a dedicated EV charging connection as its only Rs 5 per unit and the fixed charges are also lesser. Adding another 5 kW to your residential sanctioned load would mean an increase of around Rs 500 in monthly bill irrespective of whether you charge the EV or not due to the fixed charges.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220616-12.00.59-pm.png

EV Rates

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220616-12.01.46-pm.png

Residential Rate

In Kerala, the term they use is "connected load" as opposed to "sanctioned load", which would mean if a 7.2 kW EV charger is connected you'd need to bump the "connected load" by that much. However irrespective of the connected load, the monthly fixed charges remain the same, so there is not much of an issue other than the upfront cost in bumping the connected load which comes to around 17k if you go above 10 kW connected load. (Although if you are already above 10 kW and new load is below 25 kW, then there shouldn't be any cost as such, other than them citing lack of capacity in the nearest transformer and asking us to bear the cost )
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 12:24   #234
BHPian

Quote:
My apartment has a 3 phase connection already. I have taken the Association's permission to install a private meter for reading as well. Yet to see how it goes with Tata Power team.
Just out of my curiosity - why would you need associations permission to install a private meter? its pretty much same as connecting a TV, AC etc t your line and what you do after your 3 phase normal meter shouldn't be of any concern to them, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Completely depends on your existing home load and how they are used over 24hrs - try to see if you can pull out the max draw/demand (MD) from your previous bills, should be a good indicator as to your current max load and how much room you have left. I am assuming your current sanctioned load of 10.5Kw is on a single meter?

I would increase the sanctioned load only if its absolutely necessary - here in Bangalore we pay a pretty big amount on our monthly bill as "fixed charges" which is charged per sanctioned Kw, irrespective of how many units you consume.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 13:00   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Just out of my curiosity - why would you need associations permission to install a private meter? its pretty much same as connecting a TV, AC etc t your line and what you do after your 3 phase normal meter shouldn't be of any concern to them, no?
What I understood from the in house electrician is that the 3 phase load is only till the meters. After that to individual flats it's passed as single phase. I am not too sure about this either. However what I have seen in my electricity bill is a maximum load of 4kw for 3bhk and 3kw for 2bhk. Hence taking from the common area is a better option as the load will be more there. However I still need to see what Tata Power team survey determines.
shamanths3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 14:41   #236
BHPian

Quote:
What I understood from the in house electrician is that the 3 phase load is only till the meters. After that to individual flats it's passed as single phase. I am not too sure about this either. However what I have seen in my electricity bill is a maximum load of 4kw for 3bhk and 3kw for 2bhk. Hence taking from the common area is a better option as the load will be more there. However I still need to see what Tata Power team survey determines.
Yeah, the connection for a residential house even if its a 3 phase connection, all the loads are 230V, and connected to the three phases so that it's balanced out. Even the 7.2 kW charger is a single phase charger ie works at 230V AC. However you can still connect a 3 Phase 415V load if required, but as you said you need to get the sanctioned load increased and get separate wiring done from meter box to parking location, which would be expensive.

However in your case if the sanctioned load is only 4 kW, it might be a single phase connection.

Quote:
Hence taking from the common area is a better option as the load will be more there. However I still need to see what Tata Power team survey determines.
What would be the per unit cost for using from common area electric supply? Would there be any other charges, the wiring and meter cost etc would be borne by you I'd assume. Also, who would take care of taking the meter reading and billing you?
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 14:59   #237
BHPian

Quote:

What would be the per unit cost for using from common area electric supply? Would there be any other charges, the wiring and meter cost etc would be borne by you I'd assume. Also, who would take care of taking the meter reading and billing you?
We are yet to negotiate on the per unit cost. However we already have a common area meter and a bill is generated. So we are going to calculate the per unit cost according to that bill. Also ours is a smaller apartment and hence a smaller community. I was planning to take the images of readings monthly and post it to the association. But we have to see how it goes.

On the topic of wiring and meter, yes for wiring we need to pay 560 per meter above the 15 meter limit that Tata Power is providing.

I have searched for some good 3 phase meters and will be buying it online as this is for private use.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 15:21   #238
BHPian

There is tpms system in Nexon ev max but i am unable to figure out how to use it properly, it allows me to reset the tpms reading, but never shows the present pressure in the tyre at any given point.

Does this mean that when the tyre pressure drops only then will the tpms shoot a warning or is there any other way to know the pressure readings?
Old 16th June 2022, 16:21   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Does this mean that when the tyre pressure drops only then will the tpms shoot a warning or is there any other way to know the pressure readings?
Right, it's an indirect / low line TPMS, it will only display an alert if the pressure is lower than at the time the TPMS was reset.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220616-4.18.55-pm.png

The feature description from the brochure.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 19:38   #240
BHPian

Got the car delivered today. The surprise rain in Delhi didn't let us take proper pictures and even after trying to clean up the car thrice, it ended up reaching home all dirty. Will be sharing some pictures soon. Anyone else buying the Max please note that there is a square hump near the driver seat because of which the old Nexon 3D/7D mats are not compatible with the Max. If you put them they are quite raised and don't fit perfectly. Had already paid for them and SA confirmed in writing will take 7-10 days to get the new mats. Have installed a set of universal mats I had in spare for now.

The boot mat / mud flaps / door visor fit perfectly well. Got the sun shades too as they are quite useful in Delhi heat and were of decent quality. Decided to get the door guards installed as well but thanks to the rain it was not possible to paste them. Will get it done when I go to get the mats. Got both the keys but one remote which again will take 60-90 days to come due to chip shortage.
prateekchanana is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks