Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 19:51   #616
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Overdrive compared Nexon EV Max with MG ZS and surprise surprise Nexon EV Max came on top. Check the video here:

FireBlade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 08:25   #617
BHPian

Did a Bangalore Wayanad travel yesterday. First long-distance travel for the vehicle.

Bangalore --> Mall of Mysore via Nice Road (165 Kms in 45%)

Did a Recharge up to 95% in Mall of Mysore during a breakfast break.
18 odd kw consumed, ₹400, Zeon Charger.

Took Mall of Mysore --> Hunsur --> Gonikoppa-->Sri Mangala --> Kutta -->Mananthavady Route. (159 Kms in 48%)

Travelled only in Eco Mode with Regen Level 1 (Full A/c On).
In Bangalore - Mysore route till Maddur, was able to cruise most of the time. (Cruise speed between 78-80)

Steep climbs in Wayanad were easily negotiated by the new boy in Eco Mode itself, except one place where, as a precaution I put it in city mode, but that was not actually necessary.

Overall, pretty excited with the vehicle, need to use other modes during my trips within Kerala or during the return trip.
Prasidhi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 08:36   #618
BHPian

I have been getting this in my MAX since yesterday morning ,out of the blue.
At first I thought it was a Z connect app issue but the vehicle is displaying the same as well.
Took it to TAMO service centre locally and the response is to keep driving and forget about the range and that it’ll sort it out itself.
Have driven 30kms so far and the range doesn’t seem to change much but the SOC is dropping as it normally should be.
Anyone facing similar issues with the MAX recently?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-4f4f23b5b378472790ed2abb9e445c6a.png  

Last edited by pradheepsr : 9th November 2022 at 08:38.
pradheepsr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 10:26   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Whenever I read such such stories about the error codes that can be diagnosed by somebody connecting the laptop and clearing the code in 5 minutes, I feel so

What I fail to understand that we are in the age of connected car. What is the limitation that an engineer cannot connect the laptop/software to the car remotely, carry out the diagnostics and clear the codes. If there is a physical failure, then I can understand that a part needs to be changed, but doing so much "tamasha" to clear a code is beyond my comprehension.
May be the technician needs to make sure that physically there are no contraindications to reset and let go. Like before resetting the MCB you need to ensure that the problem that caused the trip is no longer there.
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 11:15   #620
BHPian

With regards to error codes and remotely connecting to diagnose the issue here is what Mr Anand Kulkarni has to say in the video (time 14:25 )

Link :

XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:30   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Yep, I got an eo mini 7.2 kW charger recently and installed it last week. It’s a basic unit, but works well. I got it installed by a local electrician and I had procured most supplementary materials prior to it.
I also got a 16A regular socket and a 32A industrial socket installed. The industrial socket because I had also procured a 7 kW portable charger which comes with the industrial plug. The Ziptron box that I got with the car, I relocated to my Bangalore home.
Did you buy the Max with the 3.2 or 7.2 charger?

I think it was asked if Max was bought with the 3.2 charger, will it charge at 7.2 with any other 7.2 charger, both yes and no answers were given. I am not sure what is the final conclusion on this. It would be great if any Max 3.2 charger owner can answer this definitely.
Old 9th November 2022, 12:37   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
I have been getting this in my MAX since yesterday morning ,out of the blue.
At first I thought it was a Z connect app issue but the vehicle is displaying the same as well.
Took it to TAMO service centre locally and the response is to keep driving and forget about the range and that it’ll sort it out itself.
Have driven 30kms so far and the range doesn’t seem to change much but the SOC is dropping as it normally should be.
Anyone facing similar issues with the MAX recently?
In the QnA above, TATA recommends to discharge to below 10% and charge to 100% once in 3 or 4 charge cycles. They say doing only what they call as opportunistic charging, i.e. topping up from 60/70/80% to 100%, can confuse the charge/range estimator.

Are you getting this even after following their recommendation?
wocanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 13:39   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post

I think it was asked if Max was bought with the 3.2 charger, will it charge at 7.2 with any other 7.2 charger, both yes and no answers were given. I am not sure what is the final conclusion on this. It would be great if any Max 3.2 charger owner can answer this definitely.

I got the 3.3 kW variant and it does charge at 7 kW, I think it was discussed a couple of times. But yes, I can confirm that the car charges at 7 kW when using a 7 kW AC charger. I had tried at couple of locations, once at a public AC charger at a KSEB location in Kerala, then at Ikea Bangalore (free charging), and now at my home with the eo mini.
varkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 15:41   #624

Quote:

I think I had already confirmed on this forum that you can charge the Max with fast charger too at faster rate. I talked directly with someone from EV dept in TM. SA too was on the call.
ashusrt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 16:16   #625
BHPian

Quote:
In the QnA above, TATA recommends to discharge to below 10% and charge to 100% once in 3 or 4 charge cycles. They say doing only what they call as opportunistic charging, i.e. topping up from 60/70/80% to 100%, can confuse the charge/range estimator.

Are you getting this even after following their recommendation?
I always recharge when the SOC drops to 20 or less and then top it up all the way to 100% always. I never charge in between.
This suddenly happened one fine day
pradheepsr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 16:40   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Yep, I got an eo mini 7.2 kW charger recently and installed it last week. It’s a basic unit, but works well. I got it installed by a local electrician and I had procured most supplementary materials prior to it.
Thanks. How much did it cost you? There is one dealer for eo mini in Thrissur who is quoting 55k including installation. Also there is a Coimbatore manufacturer who is quoting 26k for their own brand 7.4 kw charger.
Old 9th November 2022, 18:10   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
Thanks. How much did it cost you? There is one dealer for eo mini in Thrissur who is quoting 55k including installation. Also there is a Coimbatore manufacturer who is quoting 26k for their own brand 7.4 kw charger.
Did you enquire with your TAMO dealer about buying the 7 Kw charger as an accessory?
You might actually end up getting it at a slightly higher cost when compared with 3rd party chargers but will have peace of mind nevertheless.
pradheepsr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 18:16   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
I got it done for around 35k incl installation (except for smart relay/contactor). Yeah I wanted to get a unit from an established company, didn't want to go for a local relatively new manufacturer.

I have an extra unit for sale which I just posted on Team-BHP classifieds, if you are interested.
Old 10th November 2022, 07:29   #629
BHPian

Hi friends, I expect my Max to be delivered around end of this month, so I decided to follow up with the Electricity supply authorities WBSEDCL as on what is the status of my load enhancement application. I have a 4.7 KW load and I had applied to enhance it by another 3.3 KW. The process was simple and easy by an android app, their website is horrible, and they do not have an iOS app. On android quickly a quotation was generated and I paid the amount shown (₹17,690/-) all this was way back in the 2nd week of September. Till yesterday there was nothing from WBSEDCL side, so I decided to pay them a visit. And behold, the babudom clearly hit me on my face as soon as I met the first officer. He simply said how come you people apply online and forget about it, you should have deposited the hard copies at the office. Now upon depositing all documents and payment receipt, the officer says you have applied for a 3 phase load which cannot be given in an apartment complex. I was surprised and taken back, I told them there was no mention or choice of phase on your application form on the android app, to that, they simply said you should have applied physically and not online. A good 30 minutes ruckus later I visited the station manager and explained the whole issue. He seemed to be interested to at least listen (some relief). And then the station manager started an interesting discussion with me regarding benefits of EV and how good it is for our country
A good 10 minutes discussion lead to my application getting passed, phew! But, he said they are about to introduce EV charging specific meter which will have flat billing rate etc very soon, and I need to upgrade to that one once it comes.
Now back to the junior officers to process the application, but again was instructed to take a physical application form, fill it up with a photograph, KYC etc etc and deposit “kal aana”
Anyways, I’m going to deposit again today, hoping this is the last phase of this ordeal.
I am posting this just for awareness of any and all who might face this, I guess almost all state run electricity boards work in a similar fashion. Early days into EV adoption, maybe this post is useful.

MODS, please delete if necessary or shift it to another more suitable thread if you feel so.
arpanjha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 12:28   #630

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Sharing my experience with 1st free service of my EV max at Chima TATA , Madurai.

TAMO still needs to train dealers and pull up their socks in the after sales - service aspect.
Denying Charging or top up to their own customers is simply unacceptable. Think many are having similar complaints across the country. If it was not for Zeon , I would be stranded at Madurai as there aren't any chargers in this route till Kanyakumari.

The work done was acceptable with my EV max. The car was handed over clean with shiny interiors with all minor niggles and complaints sorted out.
Hope you have taken 7.2KW FC model for your home. Just curious... Do share long drive experience if any with EV MAX.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks