Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2022, 21:51   #121

Re: Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
Highly doubt you will find CCS-1 anywhere in India. Can you please post photos of said charger. When it comes to EVs, dont believe in anything that the showroom and SC guys say.
I have attached the pictures. Sorry, I got delayed taking these pictures, due to the non-stop rain in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-img_7716.jpeg  

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-img_7715.jpeg  

Old 14th November 2022, 22:23   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenik View Post
I have attached the pictures. Sorry, I got delayed taking these pictures, due to the non-stop rain in Bangalore.
This is a single phase 7kW type 2 CCS2 AC charger. Will work with all EVs sold in India except Tata Xpress-T and Mahindra eVerito
Old 14th November 2022, 23:06   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
This is a single phase 7kW type 2 CCS2 AC charger. Will work with all EVs sold in India except Tata Xpress-T and Mahindra eVerito
An EV noob here, can't speak for charger types, but for folks in Bangalore, Shell has a 120KW enabled charging station in Yeshwantpur. People around this area can benefit from faster charging times, I suppose. As for the port types, I have no clue, but this website seems quite informative - https://www.plugshare.com/
Old 15th November 2022, 08:22   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
An EV noob here, can't speak for charger types, but for folks in Bangalore, Shell has a 120KW enabled charging station in Yeshwantpur. People around this area can benefit from faster charging times, I suppose. As for the port types, I have no clue, but this website seems quite informative - https://www.plugshare.com/
Shell has CC2 DC fast charger along with type 2 slow charger. Most EVs sold in India are compatible with this charging standard.
Old 17th November 2022, 18:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Kia delivers 200 EV6s in India till date; more units planned for 2022

Quote:
Company plans to increase further allocation of EV6 amid high demand. To focus on completing most pending deliveries within 2022

Built on Kia’s dedicated EV platform, the Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), the EV6 offers a range of up to 708 km on a full charge.
Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-fb_img_1668691464968.jpg

Press Release

Quote:
Kia India, one of the fastest growing carmakers in the country, has delivered 200 units of the Kia EV6 to customers till date. This number is already twice the initially planned 100 units for the entire year. Now, the company is planning to further increase the total allocation of EV6 in 2022 and complete most of the pending deliveries within this year.

The EV6 is the first Electric Vehicle by Kia in the country and was launched in June’22, however, the deliveries to customers began last month. The Kia EV6 received an overwhelming response from Indian customers with 355 bookings received even before its launch and these booking numbers have grown since then. Staying true to its commitment of customer centricity, Kia India will be delivering additional units to customers in the upcoming days.

Myung-sik Sohn, Chief Sales Officer, Kia India said “The EV6 is considered to be amongst the most sophisticated products by Kia ever and is a demonstration of our technological prowess and capabilities. At the launch of EV6, amid the very positive response received, we had promised our customers to bring in more units of the EV6, over and above the initially allotted 100 units for 2022. Going forward, our focus will be on completing the deliveries of all the existing and new bookings at the earliest. The EV6 made electric mobility a fun and joyful experience for our customers, and I am confident that the EV6 will be a common sight on Indian roads in the upcoming days.”

The Kia EV6 is built on Kia’s dedicated EV platform, the Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP) and marks the beginning of Kia’s journey into the EV space in the country. Kia EV6 offers a range of up to 708 km on a full charge (ARAI certified), thereby keeping range anxiety at bay. Kia India is committed to offering sustainable mobility solutions and is working towards developing charging infrastructure in the country to provide a hassle-free ownership experience for its customers. As part of its EV roadmap, Kia will launch its India-centric EV by 2025 in the country.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 17th November 2022 at 18:57.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 10:53   #126
BHPian

My brother took delivery of Kia EV6 AWD day in last week of October. Kia had arranged delivery at Ramada Plaza Wyndham, Pune accompanied by brunch.

I took a short drive of 30 odd km on the day of delivery, and I was impressed. Being the first car I have driven with ADAS, found it to be a bit intrusive within city. The cherry on top is the Sport mode which literally pushes everyone in the back of their seats with a simple press of the pedal, whole 605nm at your disposal.

The build quality is quite good and at par with European cars. There don't seem to be any corners that have been cut, which is to be expected from a CBU.

Sharing some pics from the delivery:

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image001.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image002.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image003.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image004.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image005.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image006.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image007.jpg

We also got full PPF installation done at CarzSpa Pune. Pics shared below:

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image009.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image008.jpg

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-image010.jpg
deltasierra is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 13:23   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
My brother took delivery of Kia EV6 AWD day in last week of October. Kia had arranged delivery at Ramada Plaza Wyndham, Pune accompanied by brunch.
Congrats to your brother and your family for the purchase! A very unique car considering that there are going to only 200 on the road in the country for a year. Looking forward to your review of the car. All the best! Happy Motoring!
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 01:07   #128
BHPian

Quote:

I took a short drive of 30 odd km on the day of delivery, and I was impressed. Being the first car I have driven with ADAS, found it to be a bit intrusive within city. The cherry on top is the Sport mode which literally pushes everyone in the back of their seats with a simple press of the pedal, whole 605nm at your disposal.

The build quality is quite good and at par with European cars. There don't seem to be any corners that have been cut, which is to be expected from a CBU.

Sharing some pics from the delivery:

]
Meanwhile, that’s my delivery going on in the back there. The blue one was mine

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th November 2022 at 12:14. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
venom_op is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 12:07   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Meanwhile that’s my delivery going on in the back there.
Oh great, congratulations to you too!

I believe we met for a brief time as well as you were leaving.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th November 2022 at 12:14.
deltasierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 12:39   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Oh great, congratulations to you too!

I believe we met for a brief time as well as you were leaving.
Yes. I got to talk to your brother for a bit before I left.
venom_op is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 08:24   #131
BHPian

Congratulations. Can you tell me the on-road price please?

I stay in Pune too. Perhaps someday, I may see you zoom across the highway & make me feel jealous.

Quote:

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th November 2022 at 08:45. Reason: Post edited.
NannuBhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 05:32   #132

One month in and 3000 KM of pure neck snapping acceleration and head turning road presence!

I took delivery about a month ago and have been on 2 long trips, the first one to Konkan and the second one to Mumbai and back. I call the second one long as it was a day trip and also a no charge trip to get me out of my range anxiety made it back home with 5% to spare.

Week one was normal driving between home and work within the town. Week two was a few drives to Lonavala and Pune and a extended weekend trip to Konkan (Pune - Karad - Ganpatipule - Wai- Mahabaleshwar). Week three was a Mumbai return and a Pune return. Week four was local driving and having a puncture /cut on the front right tire side; I had to used the tire mobility kit that came with the car (need to find a replacement tyre). She handles great in the ghats!

The ADAS is a very intrusive in the city but on the highway it shines. Keeps the vehicle in the center of the lane warns about cars coming into the blind spots. But it also nudges you back into the lane if you try to switch a lane without indicating (my driver hates this and all the other warnings). The adaptive cruise control works better than most European vehicles I have driven here in India. Have become a big fan of the tyre mobility kit and how it works. Not a fan of not being able to find a OEM supplied tyre not being available in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-784ab4ab0ba1419593838c005a265d2e.jpeg  

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-0396a9ca0bc14d9fad164ee93c856896.jpeg  

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-0541a51f1ce54811be9e6e2e46aacf64.jpeg  

Kia EV6 Preview | Driven @ Buddh-1e9146223fdd46dcb84f1000043dd64e.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st December 2022 at 10:56. Reason: Paragraphs, capitalising, pronunciations.
1strover is offline   (87) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 09:00   #133
BHPian

Hello - The car looks stunning, what is the real world range that you all getting?
shahbaz63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 14:46   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
Hello - The car looks stunning, what is the real world range that you all getting?
Between 400- 500 depending on how throttle happy I am.
1strover is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 13:10   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1strover View Post
One month in and 3000 KM of pure neck snapping acceleration and head turning road presence.
I think we both crossed each other last Saturday (26-Nov). I was driving from Pune to Mahabaleshwar in my ZS EV. Yours is the first EV6 I saw in flesh and it surely is a head turner. Wish you many miles of happiness.
JitendraW is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed