Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2022, 16:03   #181
KPR
BHPian

Default Re: Citroen C3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnftech View Post
if i ask you to compare it with nissan magnite or kia sonet what will be your opinion ? lets ignore features deletion theory of citroen for the sake of this discusson for the time being.
I can't say about Magnite. Sonet is a feature rich car. A Sonet or Venue buyer will never even bother about this C3 with ORVM stock and Alto's IRVM . This car is barebones with some fun in turbo petrol engine, gearbox, suspension and steering combination. Sonet is about ventilated seats, sun roof, auto gearboxes, internal ORVM, Auto dimming IRVM and so on.

BTW how good NA engine variant of C3 in comparison to Tata's? Is it is punchier than Punch?

Last edited by KPR : 20th July 2022 at 16:07.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 17:10   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Good opportunity for the brand to get some volumes ....
Do you know about the installed manufacturing capacity of Citroen in India? What are their target volumes for India and percentage export share in the short to mid term?
Old 20th July 2022, 17:37   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat095 View Post
...you still have to get the alloys as an accessory.
Alloy wheels seem to be a free accessory. Perhaps an introductory offer?

Citroen C3 Review-citroen_c3_configurator.png
advitiyan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 17:53   #184
Senior - BHPian

Pricing seems decent enough. I would be very interested in the turbo variant in this shade. Polar White(Platinum Grey). Not a fan of orange.

Citroen C3 Review-citreon.jpg

Would like to have it with an AT(TC/CVT preferably) and some basic features like adjustable headrests, rear wash-wipe & electrically adjustable ORVMs. Rest features I dont need/care. All this at 9.5-9.9L ex-showroom would be awesome.

Last edited by SoumenD : 20th July 2022 at 18:15.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 18:40   #185

The sales rep in Bangalore called me up and said there is a waiting period of 6 to 7 months for turbo & 3 to 4 months for the NA version. Not sure of the authenticity though.

I asked him since these are introductory prices whether there will be price protection post booking (because of the waiting period) but he was not able to confirm as such.
Old 20th July 2022, 19:08   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

CitroŽn C3 TVC:

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:49   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advitiyan View Post
Alloy wheels seem to be a free accessory. Perhaps an introductory offer?
Definitely an introductory offer, otherwise why give it as an accessory?

However, it is possible that these are given from factory along with some other features later on but as of yet, it is what it is.
Mat095 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 21:40   #188
BHPian

Registered an interest for a test drive on the Citroen website. Received a confirmation message on Whatsapp. Let's see when the local dealer in Delhi (I believe there is only one!) gets in touch.
Old 20th July 2022, 22:09   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I find the turbo petrol's pricing very reasonable.

At 9.xx lakhs you don't get many good turbo petrol options. IIRC it was the Polo 1.0 tsi that retailed at 9.5 lakh otr a few months ago.
Absolutely. If one is looking for a Manual Turbo Petrol for less than 10L OTR, C3 should be an easy pick.
Old 20th July 2022, 22:25   #190
BHPian

As it’s good to have multiple options, so I would say this is a good news for the buyers in it’s class. But this is not the only one with such engine specs. If anyone wants to have a barebones model with a powerful turbo petrol engine, the base model of Nexon is lower priced than the turbo C3 and that is having higher power figures as well. And surely the number of service centres and 5* safety rating of Nexon would add some extra points to that!
But again I would say - the more the merrier!
H0RSEPOWER is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 09:42   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
1.2L NA is a bit on pricier side for a new company that is yet to establish as a brand, forget the model. Not to forget the pricing is introductory. At 90K premium Kiger turbo probably makes better case than C3 Turbo.
"New company" and "yet to establish as a brand"? My dear chap, Citroen may be new to India, but it has been manufacturing & selling cars since 1919 - long before India was on the automotive map of the world. And it has given some excellent products in the WRC field currently. Pricing their products is a manufacturer's prerogative and I wont get into that. Peugeot, Citroen and Renault are the major French domestics. Unfortunately, Peugeot had a short innings in India and I hope that Citroen has better luck.
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 09:56   #192
BHPian

One can tell from the pictures that the car is a beauty.
Look at how elegantly the CitroŽn logo is integrated into the front fascia - very classy!
Juxtaposed against the same of MS Grand Vitara .
My advice to Maruti is to poach the architects in design & aesthetics team from CitroŽn at any cost.
Old 21st July 2022, 09:59   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
"New company" and "yet to establish as a brand"? My dear chap, Citroen may be new to India, but it has been manufacturing & selling cars since 1919 - long before India was on the automotive map of the world. And it has given some excellent products in the WRC field currently. Pricing their products is a manufacturer's prerogative and I wont get into that. Peugeot, Citroen and Renault are the major French domestics. Unfortunately, Peugeot had a short innings in India and I hope that Citroen has better luck.
I am not dwelling into history of Citroen, For India its a new Brand and yet to be established, whether they started operations 1919 or even earlier is irrelevant to the Indian market unless they show the interest and investment in India. Many of the brands with lot of legacy have come to India and had to bite dust.
PrideRed is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 11:56   #194
Senior - BHPian

Not putting a tacho in a fun to drive turbo hatch is a cardinal sin, no matter what else you sugarcoat it with. Even the boxy Wagon R has one in the top trim, and it doesn't have any pretence of a hot hatch. That said, the car definitely looks worth a test drive.
Old 21st July 2022, 12:13   #195
BHPian

To me this product is confusing. I understand the argument behind focusing on the basics and getting stuff like the suspension, engine, steering response just right.

But if your product is targeted at people who aren't really looking for the convenience of automatics and are behind driving pleasure then it's safe to assume that the same audience knows the value of adjustable headrest, rear wash and wipe, motorized ORVM etc.

I mean even plain old me wants the car to be setup to myself before I set off and I don't want to spend a few minutes doing that with those stubby stalks. Also, I might get behind the no rear wash and wipe funda but what the hell man! Couldn't they include a damn defogger on that rear windshield.

Another thing, if the car has so many customization options, I would guess this is targeted at the younger crowd. Even leaving aside the lack of the automatic transmission I am not really sure if they should have left out the auto AC.

For me personally (I know there might be members here who can compromise on all the features just for the driving pleasure...but it sounds like a lot of these guys have other vehicles in their garage) if this has to be my only car and daily driver then it needs to get at least the motorized ORVM, adjustable headrest and Auto AC.

I can understand if they want to target just the driving enthusiast crowd with their manual tranny but some of these feature deletions are stupid in my opinion.
JithinR is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed