Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 13:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Citroen C3 Review

Looks like there’s a new kid in the block offering a very powerful motor in a budget car. Such cars are already very rare in our Indian car market.

I wonder how would this (turbo variant) compare with Polo 1.0 TSI MT in terms of acceleration figures and straight line performance.
Old 15th June 2022, 13:13   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn't look at the pics since am at work.

Went straight to the engine and suspension sections. Specifically the ride comfort section! From the review it looks good, though one can't expect a magic carpet ride like the more expensive Citroens since this one is built to a cost (every car is).

Can't wait for the pricing and hope to be surprised in a good way. Excited for a TD, but the nearest showroom is 250kms away (in Kerala terms that is 5-6 hours), which brings us to the chicken and egg situation of Citroen. Showroom/ service network. Also hope they don't limit the turbo petrol to the top variant only.

Last edited by DicKy : 15th June 2022 at 13:16.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
• Striking design! Very funky, yet likeable at the same time
Fantastic review.

How is the build quality ? Do the doors open like tin cans or feel strong ?

Citroen should have included a Rear Camera and auto dimming IVRM as standard. This would make it a very good choice.

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2022 at 09:30. Reason: Poor language & grammar
VALLURIS is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th June 2022, 13:41   #19
BHPian

I'm scratching my head on who's the expected buyers here?
  • Not enough features for C segment.
  • Most probably not cheap enough for B segments.
  • Not a perfect city car, no AT.
  • Not sure about services and maintenance.
All I can think of,
  • it can be a second or third car, driven by chauffeur. (won't buy an unknown brand)
  • People looking alternatives for Tiago, Celerio, and i10. (probably out of their budgets)
It must be priced below or around Swift/Celerio to see some buyers, at least the NA version.

Last edited by prajwalmr62 : 15th June 2022 at 13:42.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

As a non Citroen enthusiast, I am compelled to make a few personal observations:

1. They have stood by what Fiat did in India for a decade and fail. Make an amazing cake but let people reject it because there is no cherry or good looking cream layer at the top.

2. My fellow Fiat fans be like: engine, gearbox, suspension and steering feedback is good. We do not need anything else.

3. C3 vs Punch: If priced at comparable levels, people can either choose features (Punch) or a good engine (C3).

4. Lack of some basic features are not pardonable. A top variant with alloys, climate control, electric ORVMs, rear washer and wiper is a must. But then I see a Harrier XE from a segment where providing manually adjustable ORVMs even in a base model is a crime.

I hope that after live and feel, Citroen do come up with an “enjoy” or “savour” variant having all the missing features.

Good Luck to C3 and Citroen!

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th June 2022 at 14:28. Reason: Minor typo
PaddleShifter is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:55   #21
BHPian

With that funky design, they are mainly selling to urban car buyers but not having Automatic variants and with all that budget grade interiors , it already sounds like dead-on-arrival unless they price it really aggressively compared to the competition.
Gurudatt28227 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:00   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Features are the easiest to fix. What I'm happy with is that the car has gotten the fundamentals right. Just got off the phone with Viddy and he's impressed with the turbo-petrol & overall driving experience. Vid6639 says the dal is good, but they forgot the "tadka". I told him, yeah they got the steak, but not the sizzle. Am sure the missing features will be added, based on market feedback.

Citroen better price it well. That's the only way the market is going to seriously consider it / a fresh new brand. If required, sell it for a loss initially, gain traction, then slowly increase the price. We saw this tempting price + gradual increases first with the EcoSport, and very lately with the Thar / XUV700.
GTO is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Car looks mechanically very well sorted. Punchy turbo engine, good amount of space, sorted ride and handling and period correct(yes there are few dated bits) looks. If Citroen can undercut Swift/Nios/Punch NA engine with their their turbo, will attract some buyers. As an enthusiasts this is all I need, but as a family car or even as a 2nd car, leaves a lot to be desired. Lack of AT, poor dealership reach, unknown ownership costs, lack of safety equipment etc. will hit Citroen hard. Also majority of people buy features these days than the car, and Citroen falls short where it matters to the buyer. I have a strong feeling that Citroen have not done enough homework.
Old 15th June 2022, 14:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Features are the easiest to fix. What I'm happy with is that the car has gotten the fundamentals right. Just got off the phone with Viddy and he's impressed with the turbo-petrol & overall driving experience. Vid6639 says the dal is good, but they forgot the "tadka". I told him, yeah they got the steak, but not the sizzle. Am sure the missing features will be added, based on market feedback.

Citroen better price it well. That's the only way the market is going to seriously consider it / a fresh new brand. If required, sell it for a loss initially, gain traction, then slowly increase the price. We saw this tempting price + gradual increases first with the EcoSport, and very lately with the Thar / XUV700.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
• Just 2 variants at launch (no true top variant)
My feeling as well is the same, considering that they are launching only 2 variants, there is a large scope to add up variants as needed based on feedback.

Strategy may be to price the vehicle competitively and also keep things simple hoping to get good traction and gradually add features with corresponding price increase.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

While it seems Citroen got most of the fundamentals right. Online reviews point at a puny 30L fuel tank. Citroen should consider upgrading to at least a 35L tank. Most of us hate multiple trips to Fuel stations.
Old 15th June 2022, 14:47   #26

I am in the process of replacing my 14 yr old i10 and was keenly following this launch.
I would have seriously considered this car if only it had not missed following three features:
1. Electronic adjustable ORVM, daynight IRVM (even my 1st gen i10 base variant have a manual one), folding ORVM ( I guess it's too much to ask for)
2. Adjustable headrest, not even for driver.
3. Rear defogger, (wiper and washer I may still live without).

I am sure many prospective buyers will look elsewhere due to such glaring omissions.
debban is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 15:06   #27
BHPian

In the words of the immortal Sardar Khan

Citroen C3 Review-sardarkhanyehkyabawasirbanadiyeho.jpg

I don't know who this is targeted at. Why would anyone even consider this over well-proven models from Suzuki, Hyundai and Tata.

Renault had come up with a rubbish car sometime in the late 2000s. This reminds me of that.
invidious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 15:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Just saw couple of video reviews - honestly even in the videos the interiors look very basic. That digital display is like Casio digital watch from yester years and cannot believe a car (that too manual) coming without a tachometer. That door handles and key slot looks very cheap. No matter how much ever the performance its good, very hard to like this car with such basic interiors. Actually the Kiger interiors look much better than this. Hope they indeed price it very competitively. Its like they have done the 80% of the job very well, but forgot about the 20% which is more visible.

Last edited by sunikkat : 15th June 2022 at 15:56.
sunikkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 15:55   #29

Can the suspension be compared to Mercedes suspension as said by the media during the media drive event at Goa?
Old 15th June 2022, 15:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

So basically Citroën is aiming for the LXI/ VXI/ Magna/ Sportz/ XE/ XM customers. Not a bad idea as long as they don't ask someone to pay more than 8 lac for the turbo petrol model.The way I see it, it also approaches the Brezza LXI territory with a more powerful engine.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks