Re: Citroen C3 Review

Compared along with its peers:

Citroen C3 Review-fyftkspaqaeoy9g.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:31   #168
BHPian

Best wishes for Citroen for making an impact in India. Pricing seems to be reasonable.
I hope there will be some "gizmo-fatigue" for Indian consumers at some time and we will start appreciating such cars.
enj0y_ride is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:32   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

I find the turbo petrol's pricing very reasonable.

At 9.xx lakhs you don't get many good turbo petrol options. IIRC it was the Polo 1.0 tsi that retailed at 9.5 lakh otr a few months ago.

Main challenge for Citroën will be their presence. Their dealers are very limited. If they can widen their presence to tier 2 cities, C3 has the potential to be a success.

If I was in the market for a compact car, C3 turbo will be my pick over the boring & overpriced Tata Punch.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th July 2022 at 11:34.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:55   #170
BHPian

Very sensible pricing from C3, I was expecting some horrible pricing similar to C5, but looks like they have done their research. Sales expectations should be less as it is not feature packed and MT only.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:19   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I find the turbo petrol's pricing very reasonable.

At 9.xx lakhs you don't get many good turbo petrol options. IIRC it was the Polo 1.0 tsi that retailed at 9.5 lakh otr a few months ago.

Main challenge for Citroën will be their presence. Their dealers are very limited. If they can widen their presence to tier 2 cities, C3 has the potential to be a success.

If I was in the market for a compact car, C3 turbo will be my pick over the boring & overpriced Tata Punch.
if i ask you to compare it with nissan magnite or kia sonet what will be your opinion ? lets ignore features deletion theory of citroen for the sake of this discusson for the time being.
Old 20th July 2022, 12:32   #172
BHPian

The pricing looks okayish to me but I was expecting the top-end turbo not to cross the 8.5 mark otr. This is because the 1.2 turbo Feel variant is not a true top-end of C3. Compared with the competition, around one dozen features are missing from this variant, some of which are deal breakers in 2022. In order to accommodate these features + an auto gb the true top end will touch the ~11 mark otr if and when it is launched.
Now, what does a customer get for 11 lakhs? a 104/ tonne power to weight ratio, a 185 nm/ tonne torque to weight ratio, stellar ride quality, precise gear slot, compactness, and good maneuverability. The only big question that remains is the safety quotient.
Lastly but most importantly, Citroen's penetration in the market. Even when the top end is launched, I don't see C3 selling even in moderate numbers as it has an extremely small footprint across the country right now. So success for Citroen will mean how quickly it can reach out across the length and breadth of the country. Till that time, C3 turbo will be a rare sight on our roads making it even more appealing to the existing owners.
Should I buy a C3 now? If I were in the market for a car, C3 ticks most of the boxes. I would wait for the true top-end. The nearest dealership is approximately 25 kms from my location and I must say I am happy about that.
Regards
Kuldeep31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:40   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
Very sensible pricing from C3, I was expecting some horrible pricing similar to C5, but looks like they have done their research. Sales expectations should be less as it is not feature packed and MT only.
It is a good strategy though, they can always add features later.
Old 20th July 2022, 12:42   #174
BHPian

IMO looks better than TATA Punch, bigger than IGNIS. I wish it came with an automatic transmission. When a new brand comes to town most dealerships are opened in top tier cities and Urban customers love nay need automatic transmission. I do not understand how Citroen missed this.
Kanna_8118 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:47   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnftech View Post
if i ask you to compare it with nissan magnite or kia sonet what will be your opinion ? lets ignore features deletion theory of citroen for the sake of this discusson for the time being.
I won't even compare sonet turbo petrol due to the vast difference in pricing.

When it comes to magnite, I have not driven it yet. But I have driven the Kiger Turbo MT, which is essentially the same car underneath the logos and exterior and interior design elements.

I loved the turbo petrol engine in sports mode, as well as the steering which weighed up sufficiently with speed. But the achilles heel of the Kiger MT was the super- notchy gearbox which spoilt the otherwise superb driving experience.

In comparison, c3 still wins as it is even more powerful, has a nicer 6 speed MT and it is also considerably cheaper.

Ofcourse, we are not at all considering features and gizmos here. Just talking about pure driving experience, ride & handling, the c3 at 9.xx lakhs OTR is a very good proposition.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th July 2022 at 12:51.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 13:42   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow59 View Post
It is a good strategy though, they can always add features later.
Well I'm not so sure, because in some market research I've read, people are more willing to buy newer brands above 10L price point. And below that price, people are looking at established brands. This is also exactly what Kia and MG did, go with all gun blazing above 10L price point. There is a sweet spot between 8 to 12L where the good chunk of market is right now, which Citroen is completely missing.

Once you have established a price point for a brand and model, it is harder to navigate out of it. So if they provide features after a year, it would be difficult to attract buyers for their feature-packed top-end models as it is just not in the price buyer is expecting.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 13:57   #177

At this price band the car looks very promising with the kind of engine & gearbox on offer backed by the French brand. Just hope the build quality and service is as promising . Only time will tell .
Old 20th July 2022, 14:41   #178
BHPian

The Car Configurator page is well designed and provides the OTR price with detailed split-up of all the charges! Love it!
venus1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 14:57   #179
Senior - BHPian

Ranging from Rs 5.71 lakh - 8.06 lakh, the Citroen C3’s prices are wedged right in between hatchbacks and compact SUVs.

Here’s how it stacks up against the Maruti Ignis, Tata Punch, Nissan Magnite and Renault Kiger on the price graph:

Citroen C3 Review-20220720_145628.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 15:55   #180
BHPian

I’d say it’s a good price, not exactly VFM and not too pricey. The reason I say it’s not exactly VFM is that, it misses out on some features and even if you’re going for the 1.2 Turbo petrol (which would be my choice) you still have to get the alloys as an accessory.

However, the turbo petrol is the one that should attract most enthusiasts, in terms of 0-100 numbers I suspect the only car close to this would be the Nios T-GDI and that is a feature rich car at almost the same price minus the high GC.

Regardless, this is a product that has the potential to lure some customers to the deserted Citroen showrooms and that’s a good start.

Please note, that most of what I say is in regard with the 1.2 turbo petrol’s price as that’s the one I have my eyes on!

Last edited by Mat095 : 20th July 2022 at 16:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks