Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2022, 14:07   #286
BANNED

Re: Citroen C3 Review

Regarding the IRVM of c3, I saw in a video that Manually Adjustable Day-night IRVM of scorpio, is a direct fit.

There is a "base/mount" which remains stuck on the windshield and the rest of the body of Irvm detaches and is replaced by Scorpios'.
sinhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 14:53   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Could you please share some pics of your car suspension and underbody, almost all the reviews have praised the suspension, curious to know what's under there, that's different from other cars?
C3 suspension configuration is bog standard. Struts up front and a torsion beam at the rear. The trick is in the calibration & tuning. Citroen has done an excellent job with the valving and the motion ratio. This results in excellent damping and shock dissipation characteristics.
arjab is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 15:10   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1662 View Post
I am confused between Nexon XM variant and C3 Turbo. Both cost roughly around 10 Lakh OTR Bangalore .. My priorities are Safety, space and performance. Driving pattern 70% highway 30% city. Which would you suggest?
Appreciate your time!
The crash safety rating of the C3 is unknown as of now. However the dynamic abilities of the C3 are quite high and it should perform very well on highways, particularly the Turbo variant.
Nexon has earned its safety ratings, is more spacious than the C3 and is very stable at triple digit speeds. (Commenting from personal experience as I own one).
The downside of Nexon is because of the additional weight,(it's around 200 kgs heavier than the C3), it doesn't feel as "flickable & agile" as the C3.
The Nexon's turbo petrol is also not free revving and power drops off suddenly at the top end.

Overall I would say, i would opt for the C3, (overlooking the unknown safety angle) just because it drives better, faster, feels more nimble and absorbs bumps better than the Nexon. Yes, i would be sacrificing interior space, taking a (potential) risk by buying a (flighty) European brand with negligible service network in our country and virtually no features to speak of.
But then, personally, i "live to drive" and that's the area in which the Citroen is really good at!
arjab is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 18:40   #289
BHPian

Quote:
I am confused between Nexon XM variant and C3 Turbo. Both cost roughly around 10 Lakh OTR Bangalore .. My priorities are Safety, space and performance. Driving pattern 70% highway 30% city. Which would you suggest?
Appreciate your time!
Since your usage is 70% highways, I suggest you to go for Nexon. It feels extremely safe and sturdy and its highway manners are sublime. Another point to note is no matter how long you drive it, you won't feel tired. It's very fun car to drive and feels extremely peppy in sports mode. Also as speeds increase, its suspension is set in such a way that it flattens the road.

In the end, I would suggest you to take long test drive of both the cars and decide for yourself
FireBlade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 22:11   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post

Overall I would say, i would opt for the C3, (overlooking the unknown safety angle) just because it drives better, faster, feels more nimble and absorbs bumps better than the Nexon. Yes, i would be sacrificing interior space, taking a (potential) risk by buying a (flighty) European brand with negligible service network in our country and virtually no features to speak of.
But then, personally, i "live to drive" and that's the area in which the Citroen is really good at!
Thank you very much for the detailed response @arjab
It does give me some perspective as to what I am to gain/lose based on my choice. Slight loss of interior space and feature misses are fine by me. My main concern is regarding the unknown safety rating, although the car felt solid in person.
Maverick_1662 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 11:17   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Could you please share some pics of your car suspension and underbody, almost all the reviews have praised the suspension, curious to know what's under there, that's different from other cars?
Happy Motoring
I dont see anything special, it looks like normal setup only. I will try to share some pictures if possible..
skpprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 22:25   #292
Senior - BHPian

The international model C3 was given 4 stars in Euro NCAP way back in 2017 for the "two front plus curtain airbags" version, if that is any indication for what the Indian C3 will get in Global NCAP/Bharath NCAP. (88% for adults and 83% for children). Of course the Indian version will have only front two airbags.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 2nd November 2022 at 22:39.
jinojohnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 13:47   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
The international model C3 was given 4 stars in Euro NCAP way back in 2017
The platform of the Indian C3 is totally different from its international counterpart. Let us wait for the results. But, yes, a calculated guess would say, given Citroen's vehicle engineering skills, it should score decently in Global NCAP's test. Fingers crossed.
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 10:45   #294

Quote:

Overall I would say, i would opt for the C3, (overlooking the unknown safety angle) just because it drives better, faster, feels more nimble and absorbs bumps better than the Nexon.
Hi, the C3 offers dual airbags and ABS with EBD as safety features...
Whereas Nexon adds brake assist, hill hold control, brake pre-fill, roll over mitigation etc ..
Are these features important or can be overlooked ..
Maverick_1662 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 07:03   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, the C3 offers dual airbags and ABS with EBD as safety features...
Whereas Nexon adds brake assist, hill hold control, brake pre-fill, roll over mitigation etc ..
Are these features important or can be overlooked ..
No safety feature can be overlooked!
Till the time GNCAP, (or equivalent independent crash test evaluating agencies), results are published for C3, the Nexon holds onto it's star ratings. With respect to safety you may even want to look at the refreshed Mahindra XUV 300 Sport. It's a very nice car with top drawer safety ratings.
The VW twins, (Taigun & Kushaq), rules the safety angle at present, but then, they come in at higher price points.
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 13:18   #296

Quote:
No safety feature can be overlooked!
Till the time GNCAP, (or equivalent independent crash test evaluating agencies), results are published for C3, the Nexon holds onto it's star ratings. With respect to safety you may even want to look at the refreshed Mahindra XUV 300 Sport. It's a very nice car with top drawer safety ratings.
The VW twins, (Taigun & Kushaq), rules the safety angle at present, but then, they come in at higher price points.
Agreed, but these options are not in my budget right now.
From all aspects, Nexon seems like the safe choice (no pun intended) but somehow I am not able to make that choice over C3 Turbo. Have both bookings open
Maverick_1662 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 15:29   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, but these options are not in my budget right now.
From all aspects, Nexon seems like the safe choice (no pun intended) but somehow I am not able to make that choice over C3 Turbo. Have both bookings open
Simple.
Wholesome mechanicals + above average ride, handling and performance= C3

Else= Nexon

Finally: Do what the heart says.

P-s-s-s-t:
usually what Heart says is not agreed to by the Miss'us or the Wallet!
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 15:59   #298

HaHa!! Well put.
Thank you for your responses, I will update once I have a decision :P
Old 19th November 2022, 23:40   #299
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C3, looks proper. But wish there were more colours. White, Orange and two Greys.

Citroen C3 Review-1.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-2.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-3.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-4.jpg

Citroen C3 Review-5.jpg
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 21:34   #300
Senior - BHPian

Cochin citroen showroom was open today (sunday) so we went there and took another test drive of the c3 turbo. The sales executive we met yesterday was on leave but she arranged for her colleague to take our booking on her behalf. There seems to be new citroen dealership coming up at trivandrum in the next couple of months as told by the executive.

I was solely looking at AT options only but this little unplanned deviation towards c3 made me consider MT options and i'm off the AT train now, now anything goes AT/MT. This is has opened a lot op options for me new and used! If the wait is too long might think of other options.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks