Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2022, 18:29   #31
BHPian

Re: 2022 Hyundai Venue Facelift Review

A lot people rightly highlight about the questionable safety rating of Hyundai- Kia cars.

Hopefully, the company is working on the safety and crash rating aspect. But in my opinion, a lot of platform level changes have to be made in the existing Hyundai platforms. Besides the material changes, it includes a lot of design changes like addition of cross member etc. The complexity in design is not known. If there is an extensive redesign, it only makes sense for the company business-wise to introduce the new platform in the new generation of cars.

In the past, if i'm not wrong Tata had reworked on Zest to achieve a higher rating. It was on the existing model back then.

I guess the design changes were a bit too much for Hyundai to implement in this facelift. This is just my assumption.

So until the launch of new gen. cars, or until the media or NCAP particulary publishes 4/5 star report, it is a given that Hyundai and Kia cars will have questionable safety rating. As a counter measure they'll continue to provide all the safety equipment including 6 airbags, ESP etc.
abhkop is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 19:51   #32
BHPian

Very nice review. It was nice to see most of the aspects covered.

Being a new member of Team-BHP , it feels happy to be part of the forum , so first of all welcome to all BHP members.

As for the new venue , I still wish Hyundai could have worked on increasing the rear seat space to a little extent. Of course it may have it share of compromises , but for a car which is a volume maker for the brand , it is quite a deal breaker.
Old 26th June 2022, 11:49   #33
BHPian

I went to check out the Venue in a showroom. They only have the top model available for display which has a sun-roof. I found the headroom to be really pathetic for me even when I kept the seat in the lowest position (I'm over 6 ft). I suspect the sun-roof is the reason. Can anyone confirm? Also the S+ doesn't have a rear wiper? Will I be able to install one aftermarket?
Old 27th June 2022, 13:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
I found the headroom to be really pathetic for me even when I kept the seat in the lowest position (I'm over 6 ft). I suspect the sun-roof is the reason.
Sunroof is partial reason, but headroom is less even without it as the total height is less. At the back a bit of headroom is available because of scooped out roof, but it kinda cancels out the sloping roof. So please check it out before buying.

I'm guessing Brezza would be better for you as it is more taller.
Old 27th June 2022, 13:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
Sunroof is partial reason, but headroom is less even without it as the total height is less. At the back a bit of headroom is available because of scooped out roof, but it kinda cancels out the sloping roof. So please check it out before buying.

I'm guessing Brezza would be better for you as it is more taller.
Thanks. I was afraid of that. Really like it overall but this will be a deal breaker.
Old 27th June 2022, 21:03   #36
BHPian

Came across this video online which shows poor interior quality of new Venue. Reminds me about Kushaq's roof!

manpreetsj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 08:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai India is gearing up to introduce the N-Line version of the Venue.

Name:  20220627062835_Untitled_3_001.jpg
Views: 2553
Size:  57.6 KB

Quote:
- The Venue N Line will be offered in two variants - N6 and N8.

- To come with a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine.

- Will only be offered with a sole 7-speed DCT automatic transmission.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th June 2022 at 08:55.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 16:13   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Came across this video online which shows poor interior quality of new Venue. Reminds me about Kushaq's roof!

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=POXd72hHqBI?feature=share
What is the correct expected behavior when we press the roof lining from inside? Were you able to find a video demoing a good-quality roof?
Old 4th July 2022, 12:43   #39

I recently took delivery of New Venue SX(O) DCT. One thing I noticed in the instruction manual is lack of fuel information.

In my friend's i20 N-Line, which incidentally has the same engine, they've mentioned - "Your new vehicle is designed to use only unleaded fuel having an Octane Rating of RON (Research Octane Number) 91 / AKI (Anti-Knock Index) 87 or higher. (Do not use methanol blended fuels)"

Was wondering if I can go by this. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2022 at 12:58. Reason: formatting post.
Old 4th July 2022, 13:16   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay4616 View Post
Your new vehicle is designed to use only unleaded fuel having an Octane Rating of RON (Research Octane Number) 91 / AKI (Anti-Knock Index) 87 or higher. (Do not use methanol blended fuels)
Minimum is 91, recommended is 95. I noticed that the XP95 (from IOCL) provides better mileage compared regular, while also reducing some noise.

Currently all petrol bunks have to supply minimum of 91, so do not worry about it much. Just stick with the nearest good quality bunk.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 20:39   #41
BHPian

Hi folks,

I am looking to upgrade my OEM tyres (MRF Wanderer) with something more grippy and less noisy. Any suggestions based on hot NCR climate?
Old 24th July 2022, 06:48   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay4616 View Post
I recently took delivery of New Venue SX(O) DCT. One thing I noticed in the instruction manual is lack of fuel information.

In my friend's i20 N-Line, which incidentally has the same engine, they've mentioned - "Your new vehicle is designed to use only unleaded fuel having an Octane Rating of RON (Research Octane Number) 91 / AKI (Anti-Knock Index) 87 or higher. (Do not use methanol blended fuels)"

Was wondering if I can go by this. Any thoughts? Thanks.
How is your experience with the DCT and the features on the New Venue, what do you feel are the major pros and cons for that matter? How is it to drive? What kind of mileage are you getting? I would love to hear from you and all new Venue owners out there as well

Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:49   #43

Thanks to Team for a very comprehensive Review of the updated New Venue.

I have recently booked the New Venue S+ Diesel CRDI in .

I find it to be a overall decent package and it ticks all the boxes regarding my needs like good driving dynamics, decent mileage and comfortable ride.

Delivery is expected around Sept. This is my first first hand car, so any tips specially for the Venue from experienced group members will be valuable.
Old 1st August 2022, 18:50   #44
BHPian

Hi All,
This is my first post. Looking forward to learning and contributing. I am too looking at buying a compact SUV. Venue seems to tick all boxes but I am really worried about its rear seats. Is it really just 4 seater? My Ecosport was said to best for 4 but 5 people are almost comfortable in it. So can anyone tell compared to Ecosport how tight is Venue's rear sitting?
Thank you

Last edited by aah78 : 17th August 2022 at 18:12. Reason: Typos.
Old 1st August 2022, 22:56   #45
BHPian

I have booked a petrol MT SX with the 1.2 engine which will be delivered sometime in Sept. Picked out the MT since I am dead scared of getting a DCT (given the various comments and doubts about its long term reliability).
What I find really weird is the inclusion of the rear wiper only on the Diesel and SXO version. Instead of giving a sun roof which is not really functional in our hot climate, Hyundai could have given the rear wiper which is way more useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks