Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 22:59   #1486
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Its not vacuum as mentioned in the channel
Its not a huge issue as per me.

Last month during Leh trip, was having a chat with M&M Leh centers tech head. He was saying the majority of BS6 related issues that you see online are due to two factors - bad quality diesel and people not knowing how to do manual regeneration.
Many thanks for the explanation regarding the struck nuts. I was wondering how the vaccum can form inside that space.

Do you have any direct phone number of this gentleman who is the tech head there?
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 00:36   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Many thanks for the explanation regarding the struck nuts. I was wondering how the vaccum can form inside that space.

Do you have any direct phone number of this gentleman who is the tech head there?
He won't take calls over the phone - but if you are going there, let me know - I will PM the guy's number. The dealer principal, the CoTek and the number 2 in the making (a top-mech.)

Regarding stuck nuts,
This wouldn't be the first instance of such scenarios.
1. Hand-torque! Or ask them to stop the air-gun the moment it tightens and do the rest by hand!
2. Just use anti-seize (if hand torquing, not if using an impact wrench since it can overtighten!)
3. Continuation of #2, I have copper grease! Helps with spark plugs the same as any other place (like alloy nuts!)

Last edited by wooka : 8th September 2022 at 00:38. Reason: addressing the metal seizing issue.
wooka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 07:19   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There is a video captured by friend while seated in the car, but that doesnt give an idea of the same. Even my understanding is that ScorpioN comes with MLD, however this scenario is slightly different.

The wheels are not in air/ turning uncontrollably, since it was anyway in straight road + with minimal throttle input. The issue was, due to lack of grip, vehicle was having a mind of its own. Personally, I felt it was only due to tyres not up to the task.
To give a comparison, it was going in its own direction like how a bike will suddenly behave if you hit a patch of sand when riding on a highway.
You may be right, when I was test driving Thar with the Ceat Czars over a bad section and testing how it goes over that section, the performance was good or it was effortless. Then they also had Automatic with HT Tires and they were 20 inch, now on good road, they were silent and felt like magnets but then the bad section came. Now this was a pothole with small gravel and the dust that gets accumulated over time and not as fine as sand would be.
I could notice that I would have to press the pedal more, I would assume 10 to 15 percent more. Because MLD and Power of the Engine can get amplified by the Tires and the grip that they offer. I am certain that with AT Tires, ScorpioN will perform better on bad roads or surfaces that do not offer much grip.
swunkjyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 10:45   #1489

Hi all,

This is my first post on this platform

I booked the Z8L 6- Seater Petrol Automatic on the 9th of August. Today when I checked my tracker I see a delivery timeline between 20th July and 19th August 2023!

Has anyone received similar timeline for this variant? I was under the impression that Z8L variants are going to be prioritised, or is that just for the first 25k bookings?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20220908-10.35.08.png  

Last edited by saketsomani : 8th September 2022 at 10:48.
saketsomani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 13:37   #1490

Can we use the Innova Crysta middle (bench) seat rails for the Scorpio-N middle seat to make it slidable?
Or can we just use the Innova Crysta middle bench seats in the Scorpio-N with some slight modifications to fit in the Scorpio-N?
prithvibollu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:32   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketsomani View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post on this platform

I booked the Z8L 6- Seater Petrol Automatic on the 9th of August. Today when I checked my tracker I see a delivery timeline between 20th July and 19th August 2023!

Has anyone received similar timeline for this variant? I was under the impression that Z8L variants are going to be prioritised, or is that just for the first 25k bookings?

Thanks!
Hey Saket,
welcome to the forum. you can check the other thread where many of us are discussing delivery timelines. You can deduce yourself from the data shared by many users. Timeline given to you is not too late being Z8L as compared to some who are given dates in 2024 also.

Mahindra Scorpio N Booking status Duscussion (What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?)
rooster.ram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 11:35   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvibollu View Post
Or can we just use the Innova Crysta middle bench seats in the Scorpio-N with some slight modifications to fit in the Scorpio-N?
I must say it could be an ambitious and interesting project one can take over. I highly doubt the direct integration is possible without a substantial changes to the rail and some change to seat itself. I am just guessing that knowing the feedback from customer, Mahindra might introduce a sliding seat version in future. Seats are safety related components so I would keep myself away from such Jugad and will reply on OEM fittings.

Please let us know if you find something interesting during your exploration.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 21:52   #1493

Has anyone here have checked the estimated service cost of Scorpio-n. It seems like its way higher then other vehicles. Like for eg 100000Km service cost for Scorpio-N is estimated to be 15966.0 Rs, when compared to xuv700 which is estimated to be 4640.0Rs only.
For every additional 10000 km Scorpio-n owners have to shell out more on maintenance.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20220909_214001.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20220909_214128.jpg  

gaurav6464 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 23:23   #1494
BHPian

We cannot predict the service cost, the case maybe that XUV being in operation for almost a year now, so that cost is refined. But still the cost given for xuv700 is not in line with what manual says. It is recommended by MnM to replace drive belts at 100000 km for XUV 700, however Rs. 1421 doesn't cover the cost of belts IMHO.

These calculators may misguide us and I believe technical person is not reviewing the documents being uploaded online seriously though the website is official. XUV and Scorpio N are similar on engine part, however drive train is different being RWD, so that part of maintenance cost shall be different.

So instead, trust the engineering that has gone into making this wonderful vehicle and don't be disheartened by the online content, most of which is posted without giving serious thought process.

Last edited by rooster.ram : 9th September 2022 at 23:27. Reason: Added justification.
rooster.ram is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 08:34   #1495
BHPian

There are no reviews showing the variants below Z8.

If someone gets to see how these lower variants look, please do post pics, or betterstill record a video, of the various differentiating factors between them.

P.S. : An acquaintance who booked on the evening of 30th July has gotten a delivery estimate of Nov - December 2023. Despite being affluent, the way the family has well planned this purchase considering the possible wait. So, though I know there are multiple bookings, I'm guessing there may not be as many cancellations as I earlier believed.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 10th September 2022 at 08:35.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 09:21   #1496
BHPian

Has anyone got quotes for extended warranty? Are there multiple year options to extend warranty to?

If I remember correctly, my XUV500 had a total of 5 years warranty at an additional cost of Rs. 21000. Will be interesting to see what it costs now
Old 10th September 2022, 09:37   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post

If someone gets to see how these lower variants look, please do post pics, or betterstill record a video, of the various differentiating factors between them.

P.S. : An acquaintance who booked on the evening of 30th July has gotten a delivery estimate of Nov - December 2023. Despite being affluent, the way the family has well planned this purchase considering the possible wait. So, though I know there are multiple bookings, I'm guessing there may not be as many cancellations as I earlier believed.
I'm also waiting to see lower variants, specially the Z4 since I've booked one. I think only Z8L's are produced till now. We do not see any other variants because there are none produced. This is also the reason why Z8L's deliveries are the first. Mahindra said Z8L will be prioritized, I think that's the only priority for them for some more weeks. My Z4DAT is slated for delivery in end of Dec. We may start seeing the remaining variants towards the end of Oct or Nov. Only sight of a lower model(partial dashboard) I could see is from from the accessories pictures on the brochure(can't say production version will be same).
SteeringWheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:35   #1498
BHPian

Are there any Z8L owners scheduled for delivery on Day 1. I have my car in transit and am promised delivery on Day 1, subject to completion of payments and registration. One thing the dealer communicated with me was that even in the Scorpio N we will receive only one key at the time of delivery. Thankfully no other features will be omitted.

Has anyone else heard the same from their dealers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Has anyone got quotes for extended warranty? Are there multiple year options to extend warranty to?
Extended warranty feels like a must in a new product like the N. I am about to make the first payment in a couple of days, yet the dealers have not given me the exact figure for the extended warranty as of now. Expecting prices to be in the range of the XUV 700.
Old 10th September 2022, 15:04   #1499
BHPian

BTW - the introductory prices are the current prices - no changes so far. And a contact at the dealership says they are facing cancellations of both XUV700 and Scorpio N's - many moving to the Hyryder.
Old 10th September 2022, 16:12   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post

Just saw a video of Z2 variant shared on youtube. This could be useful

dhruv45in is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks