Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2022, 11:22   #1741
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Regarding the headlights upgrade - wouldn’t that void the electronics warranty ? I’m in same boat with the disappointing illumination from the headlamps and have to go for an upgrade. Planning to visit a lighting expert recommended by a fellow bhpian. But I’m really curious - this headlamp issue has been highlighted by almost all owners , can this not be turned into a petition(in a way of speaking) to MnM and ask them to do something about it ? This is clearly a problem and bad rep for a vehicle like Scorpio.. thoughts ?
Does your car suffer from the infamous headlight alignment issue?
Mine does , I plan to get it rectified at the first service.

On a separate note, the car’ s MID shows avg of 13.7 kmpl.
I haven’t driven the car much but the figures look promising.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-8ae530a61ea24c12bdab29f512971e2c.jpeg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 11:40   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Does your car suffer from the infamous headlight alignment issue?
Mine does , I plan to get it rectified at the first service.

On a separate note, the car’ s MID shows avg of 13.7 kmpl.
I haven’t driven the car much but the figures look promising.
Yes it does , and the dealership has no clue on how to fix it. They just have a dialogue thag they keep repeating which is “all Scorpio N’s are made like this and that’s how it is”… very very frustrating, feeling at a loss going to this dealership (detailed sales and delivery experience in works-will share soon). I’m drafting my complaint to Mahindra leadership about the list of faults and horrible laid back attitude of the dealership. Also MID shows 9kmpl for me after 360kms , Z8L Auto Diesel.
NerDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 13:47   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerDriver View Post
Regarding the headlights upgrade - wouldn’t that void the electronics warranty ? I’m in same boat with the disappointing illumination from the headlamps and have to go for an upgrade. Planning to visit a lighting expert recommended by a fellow bhpian. But I’m really curious - this headlamp issue has been highlighted by almost all owners , can this not be turned into a petition(in a way of speaking) to MnM and ask them to do something about it ? This is clearly a problem and bad rep for a vehicle like Scorpio.. thoughts ?
I don't think that I have the headlight alignment issue in my car. On perfectly dark roads, I can see that the road illuminates well and also the high beam spot falls where it should. The problem is with white light. In general, they dont go well with wet roads, rains and fog. When on this drive, I had the company of a Thar with upgraded iPHCar projectors with Azaoom LEDs, and an Endeavour 2021. The other drivers also had the same experience with white light. I have not driven an XUV700 in such conditions but have heard that it has very good lights. One thing which I am complaining about in the car is the white fog lights in the ScorpioN. Lights at 6500K will not work with rains and wet roads. I also currently use a Virtus and it has white main light but the fogs are yellow halogens. It has better visibility in such conditions because the yellow halogen light illuminates the road right in the front of the car. I will talk to the SA when I go for my 1000 km service and see if they have a solution or if my headlight is misaligned.

Yes, it is possible that you will void your warranty if you go for any change to the electrical circuitry of the car. Since the car is a brand new model, I will refrain from doing any wire cutting, bulb replacements unless in an authorized service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
First post in the forum so forgive me if any mistakes. This video captures it better. Start from 28th minute. The reviewer clearly mentions that there is a difference of approx. 500 RPM between manual and automatic and that is huge when it comes to mileage.
Thanks for sharing. I had not seen this video. In such case, the automatic will produce a better mileage and driving experience (at higher speeds) than the manual car.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 13:54   #1744
BHPian

Any feedback on the fuel efficiency, available range of the Petrol variants and overall ownership experience, first service visit so far?

How is the service feedback of the Koncept M&M service centre of Gurgaon which is located at Pace city Sector 37 Gurgaon. This service centre seems to be closest to my location.
Old 9th October 2022, 16:17   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Any feedback on the fuel efficiency, available range of the Petrol variants and overall ownership experience, first service visit so far?
I have been driving around the Gasoline variant for about more than a week now, and the engine paired with the manual gearbox churns out about

~9-10 Km/L

. Although I have been religiously following the break in period of 1000 Kms and not pushing the engine beyond 80 KMPH/3500 RPM in any scenario, the current efficiency seems fine by me, as it’ll most probably increase by 10-15% after the first couple of services.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-c07c7c27fb9b4b88b9eee55ad3d772d2.jpeg  

Shrey1230 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 18:12   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

How is the service feedback of the Koncept M&M service centre of Gurgaon which is located at Pace city Sector 37 Gurgaon. This service centre seems to be closest to my location.
Just did 400 KM round trip today on Z8L Petrol AT. FE was 10.5 with tank full method. Overall driving experience is a pleasure as I have mentioned earlier. It is smooth and easy, cruises at 1700 rpm/100 KMPH and power is available on demand. Considering run in period, my RPM was mostly within 2000 but when needed I could get the additional power with a slight push on the pedal. Behaved very well on corners and curves (for a BOF vehicle) and my family in second row were happy.

My intent was to use mostly for highway runs and it is a great mile muncher. Buttery smooth at all speeds and comfy ride for the driver. I am still fresh for another 400 Km run :-)

Last edited by alokk0912 : 9th October 2022 at 18:15.
alokk0912 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 01:35   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
This is not about PDI. This is just idiotic fault finding just for sake of making videos and increasing views.

Most idiotic video that I have seen. Just a couple of days before, this guy was praising the vehicle and in just 2 days he finds a plethora of so called "issues" and makes a video. Was he not aware of most of the features before he booked it ?.
None of the issues mentioned here is a deal breaker and honestly someone buying a scorpioN is aware of swing tail gate or lack of boot space.But the sun roof cloth lining is really looking very bad and should have been done properly.If somehow this video reaches Mahindra,which it surely will,they should be able to rectify these cosmetic and aesthetic issues from next lot of deliveries.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 09:18   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I don't think that I have the headlight alignment issue in my car. On perfectly dark roads, I can see that the road illuminates well and also the high beam spot falls where it should. The problem is with white light. In general, they dont go well with wet roads, rains and fog.
Have not experienced this first hand yet, considering all drive was in dry conditions so far. However, you are right that white light does have an issue in fog and wet conditions.

As you have mentioned, best is to sit tight and not fiddle with anything for a while now. In few months, we will have more knowledge. Same thing happened with THAR earlier. Now if you see, there are multiple options of light upgrade at all price ranges recommended by fellow members in THAR thread.

The front sensor ding ding noise can be irritating at times. Can this be turned off temporarily based on the need?
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 10:29   #1749

Yesterday I drove for around 250 KM. I noticed the following issue:

The Tiretronics telltale lamp started blinking when I reach around 80 kmph and stays on.
It goes off once the speed reduces to below 10kmph or I stop.
I had filled 33 psi in all 4 tires and the console also showed 33 psi.

Thanks
Aerosmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 14:22   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
The front sensor ding ding noise can be irritating at times. Can this be turned off temporarily based on the need?
There is a switch on the RHS panel. That will deactivate the front sensors.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 14:31   #1751
BHPian

Just came across this video on YouTube from one of the owner…

He has bashed Arun Panwar on his video mentioning those 14-15 points which was posted on this thread few days back and many have commented on it. This customer has nicely explained each and every point mentioned by Arun Panwar.
rahulya007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:05   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Unfortunately, I did not find the lights upto the mark. The low beam is pretty useless inside the city when the roads are wet and there is oncoming light. The high beam hits a good spot but at the cost of blinding oncoming traffic. Out on the highway, it is the same story with the white lights. With properly divided roads and no oncoming lights, the low beam is functional and provides illumination to some extent, but as soon as you have lights from oncoming vehicles, you can't see much. At one point, it became difficult for me to tell if the light is on or off. .....
Quote:
....Lights at 6500K will not work with rains and wet roads. I also currently use a Virtus and it has white main light but the fogs are yellow halogens. It has better visibility in such conditions because the yellow halogen light illuminates the road right in the front of the car..
There are two issues having whitish or bluish headlights.
1) These have shorter wavelength and when they pass through rain and fog, they get scattered and thus become ineffective. Halogen lamps with yellowish white light with longer wavelenght are better able to pass through fog and rain with relatively less scatter and offer better visibility in these conditions.

2) Our eyes/brain have evolved to perceive better in longer wavelenght lights ( upto about 4300K).

The whitish/bluish LED headlights at 6500K with shorter wavelength may offer high blinding intensity and may look intimidating and impressive with high lumen output compelling people to buy them. Practically they are less effective and may dazzle oncoming traffic and thus a hazard.

Our eyes though are more comfortable and effective with lower K value lights

Dimmer looking halogens or lower K value slightly yellowish white LEDs if available are preferable anyday.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th October 2022 at 15:15.
for_cars1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 18:14   #1753
BHPian

I am having an issue for the last couple of days in my car. The internal SIM card isn’t working. This has caused the in built apps such as navigation and alexa useless as they need an active internet connection. A small yellow dot near the alexa icon is the indicator of a faulty connection. The sim card has signal but internet isn’t working. All the car connectivity features too are not working and adrenox app is useless.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-323b8647e1f04750a014a5d989d7b1ad.jpeg

On A funnier note I was using my adrenox app to track my cars location near India Gate, To find where I parked the car. The cars location was shown to be gurgaon (where I visited when the connection was active). For a minute i got super scared but then saw the car in the parking.
kushgandhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 20:24   #1754

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
I am having an issue for the last couple of days in my car. The internal SIM card isn’t working. This has caused the in built apps such as navigation and alexa useless as they need an active internet connection.
I have noticed this too but somewhat intermittently. Haven't used navigation that much, but most of the time the response I am getting from Alexa is "Sorry, something went wrong !" Also I feel a lag in response.
Aerosmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 20:51   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
There are two issues having whitish or bluish headlights.
1) These have shorter wavelength and when they pass through rain and fog, they get scattered and thus become ineffective.

2) Our eyes/brain have evolved to perceive better in longer wavelenght lights ( upto about 4300K).

The whitish/bluish LED headlights at 6500K with shorter wavelength may offer high blinding intensity and may look intimidating and impressive with high lumen output compelling people to buy them. Practically they are less effective and may dazzle oncoming traffic and thus a hazard.
Can a yellow film be applied on the headlight glass just like bike fog lamps come with a yellow removable cap to make them behave like fog lamps in the 3000k range ? I know this is practically difficult and aesthetically challenging for the owners to get it done every rainy season.
Attached Images

rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks