Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2022, 09:29   #1906

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Enthusiast View Post
I took delivery of my Scorpio-N Z8L Automatic deep forest on 7th October. Having driven it for about 700kms now, mostly within city my experience has been excellent.
Congratulations on your new ride. My Z8L AT 4WD Diesel vehicle arrived at dealer Zuleka Motors on Oct 8th but to date, delivery has not been made. First, it was RTO that did not get the update, and later it was Mahindra not able to raise the invoice (Due to some technical server glitch). It is highly frustrating that the vehicle was available and due to an inefficient process, the delivery cannot happen to date. I hope they deliver this week

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th November 2022 at 12:02. Reason: Please avoid quoting whole long post. And please proof-read your post before submitting. Thank you!
Diesel4959 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 11:12   #1907
BHPian

Recently, I took my Scorpio-N Diesel AT to Harsil (Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand) and it performed brilliantly in the mountains. Overtaking is so easy, with just a light tap on accelerator, it picks up speed immediately even on the inclines and the vehicle always selected the right gear. With light steering, more than adequate power availability and great suspension on the broken roads, driving in the mountains was fun. Overall, I am very happy with the performance of this vehicle.
Rahkehs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 11:27   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey1230 View Post
Thank you & congratulations on your new ScorpioN buddy!
seeing the sudden grappling of BS4 diesels and the various issues regarding DEF and whatnot, I’m glad about my choice and I love the smooth and much more powerful engine which is offering me some solid fuel economy figures for such a heavy SUV.

Regards,
Shrey
How widespread is this DE/DPPF issue? The dedicated thread on this does not sound much alarm.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ed-issues.html

Request experts to share insights on how to factor this aspect in the purchase decision.

Thanks in advance
krinpit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 15:06   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
How widespread is this DE/DPPF issue? The dedicated thread on this does not sound much alarm.

Request experts to share insights on how to factor this aspect in the purchase decision.

Thanks in advance
DEF issue has been blown out of proportion mainly due to the lack of awareness. Most of the 700 owners have never faced any issue. The soot may not burn and therefore accumulate inside the filter due to prolonged use of the vehicle in the following conditions :-
a. Heavy/ bumper-to-bumper traffic and therefore low speed of the car for a long duration,
b. Short trips only for several days.

When the accumulated soot exceeds 20 grams then the telltale signal comes on. But this does not mean that your car will stop running. The remedy is to take the car on a open streach of road and drive it for 20-30 minutes at a speed exceeding 60 KMPH. This results in the soot being burnt and the telltale sign will go off. There is also a procedure to do this by keeping the car stationary (details given in the manual) and it can be done without having to visit the MASS.

If your usage includes even occasional drive on the highways, you won't face any issue with the DEF. Personally I do not feel that this (DEF issue) should prevent anyone from moving away from proven mHawk engine.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th November 2022 at 06:39. Reason: KMPL = KMPH, in this context. Thhanks.
Sommos is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 17:08   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtulC View Post
Are you facing the issue of sound coming from the suspension OR brakes whenever you move the vehicle after you have kept it on hand brake for some time?
No I have not. Have consciously checked without any music or other distractions. There is no sound from anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvrog View Post
After reading a lot of reviews and watching a lot of vlogs, it seemed more reasonable to go for the Z8 AT 4WD Diesel. Hence, I booked it.

However, I am worried about few things:
1. Departure angle
2. Placement of the DEF tank
3. Unable to use snow-chains in stock form
4. Weird tire specs for an All-Terrain upgrade and a possibility of tire inner wall rubbing the wheel well.

The above points are making me think over and over.

Observations by @Samba and @arjab are pretty spot on. Thanks a lot for your insights.

Don't worry too much about the angles and the tires unless you plan to go serious offroading.

Have a look at this video. The tires are Stock.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 7th November 2022 at 18:17. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
chipsnchops is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 18:09   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtulC View Post
Are you facing the issue of sound coming from the suspension OR brakes whenever you move the vehicle after you have kept it on hand brake for some time?
This often happens when the brake pads are wet (e.g. after washing and cleaning of the car; or after water wading; or even in the rainy season). Though you disengage the hand brake, the pads are actually stuck with the rotor. When the accelerator is pressed, the pads disengage with a sound; but this should not happen every time.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 22:05   #1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
This often happens when the brake pads are wet (e.g. after washing and cleaning of the car; or after water wading; or even in the rainy season). Though you disengage the hand brake, the pads are actually stuck with the rotor. When the accelerator is pressed, the pads disengage with a sound; but this should not happen every time.
I seem to get the same kind of noise. Mine is a 2wd AT. (this is my first experience with automatics)
I have a question though. Should I be also using the handbrake when I park the car or is it sufficient if I leave it in P ?

Thanks
Aerosmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 23:16   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The soot may not burn and therefore accumulate inside the filter due to prolonged use of the vehicle in the following conditions :-
a. Heavy/ bumper-to-bumper traffic and therefore low speed of the car for a long duration,
b. Short trips only for several days.
Personally I do not feel that this (DEF issue) should prevent anyone from moving away from proven mHawk engine.
I feel like my post was not framed in a better way, in no way I wanted it to mean that mHawk is not good, all I wanted to say was that it was not the best option for me, as the DEF/DPF would’ve caused me issues as I have a very limited run, which can be be seen by the fact that I own an almost 8 year old Ciaz which has very recently crossed the 50,000 KMs mark. I barely have a 10 KM/Day run, which includes short trip distances and very very occasional highway runs.
There is absolutely no denying the reliability of the famed mHawk engine, I just personally feel it was not the best option for me when compared to mStallion.

Regards,
Shrey
Shrey1230 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 10:16   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
Should I be also using the handbrake when I park the car or is it sufficient if I leave it in P ?

Thanks
You should ideally put the handbrake first, then move/shift the gear to P. This is what I have been taught when handling the Automatics. Reason though differs from car to car and electronics involved. Mr Google says it helps to reduce the workload on associated electronics that are sensitive to any movement and may get damaged if the car moves (due to any reason).
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 10:23   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerosmith View Post
I seem to get the same kind of noise. Mine is a 2wd AT. (this is my first experience with automatics)
I have a question though. Should I be also using the handbrake when I park the car or is it sufficient if I leave it in P ?

Thanks
Mostly, all of us (barring only a few handful people) use the hand brake while the car is parked in the garage/driveway. There is nothing wrong with this practice.

During my childhood, I had seen my father use wooden chocks/wheel blocks on the rear tyre because our Ambassador used to be parked in the open. But I have never followed that practice and my XUV 700 has an EPB which engages automatically when the gear is shifted to P.

Quote:
I feel like my post was not framed in a better way, in no way I wanted it to mean that mHawk is not good, all I wanted to say was that it was not the best option for me, as the DEF/DPF would’ve caused me issues as I have a very limited run, which can be seen by the fact that I own an almost 8-year-old Ciaz which has very recently crossed the 50,000 KMs mark.
I have discussed the DEF issues - the two have no connection with each other! If you go through this thread and also the XUV 700 thread, then you will notice that there are many members who avoid diesel only because of the perceived DEF complicacies and have tried to address the fear in the minds of the members regarding the DEF issues as well as the specific query raised by member @Krinpit.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th November 2022 at 13:02. Reason: Let's stay on the subject.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 17:23   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra Scorpio N 6 Seater Review (Petrol)

2. Major flaw in the engineering and R&D of the vehicle is the hood support rod; which is too sharp and is creating a pinch/bulge on the skin of the hood due to the weight of the hood. I mentioned this earlier on this thread and shared with the GM Service who was proactive and made sure to make videos and reported it back to Chakan.

Regards,
Shrey
The issue you mentioned here, is it because of the missing rubber cap on top of the rod?

Can you please share a few pictures of the rod and how it's damaging the bonnet sheet metal?

A picture from one of the Scorpio N owners to highlight the rubber part.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img20221109wa005401.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2022 at 06:29. Reason: Typos
soumobakshi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:54   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
The issue you mentioned here, is it because of the missing rubber cap on top of the rod?
A picture from one of the Scorpio N owner to highlight the rubber part.
The rubber part is present on mine as well it is the pointy top of the said rod which is too sharp and when the massively heavy bonnet rests on it, it causes the outer skin of the bonnet to protrude. I am attaching my 600KM update post which includes the photo of the indentation. For now the makeshift way I have found is to stick a layer of 2mm insulation foam around the hole to act as a barrier so that the pointy end of the rod doesn’t touch the skin of the bonnet from the inside.
Quote:

600 KMs Update

ISSUE 2
Since the hood is so heavy and the plastic used on top of the stick is also pointy…
Regards,
Shrey
Shrey1230 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 21:48   #1918
BHPian

I went to a showroom to get mudflaps installed and saw this Golden Scorpio N on display, color isn't bad though I haven't seen any on the roads. Some pics for anyone considering a new booking.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221108_164317.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221108_164306.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221108_164259.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20221108_164241.jpg
slylenser is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 22:11   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
Exactly the same thing I have been observing since the delivery of my SUV [Z8L AT 4x4]. in addition to this, my vehicle makes a metal sound like someone pulls a metal spring hard and releases it.
So the update is Engineers from Mahindra tested my vehicle and they found that the sound is coming from the front damper. When I cross at a speed of 45-55 kmph through the speed breaker it makes tan na na na na sound. They tried to fix it but could not correct it. The service centre said to me its product nature and can't be fixed. On this, I asked for some other Scorpio N to test for the same sound. I tested and found there is very minimum sound and out of 10 times it's coming 2 times. In my case out of 10 times, it was all the times and loud sound. The service Engineer said once this vehicle will run kilometres like you, it will also have a similar sound. I came back home dissatisfied.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th November 2022 at 22:18. Reason: Please proofread before posting.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 23:10   #1920

[quote=slylenser;5436350]I went to a showroom to get mudflaps installed and saw this Golden Scorpio N on display, color isn't bad though I haven't seen any on the roads. Some pics for anyone considering a new booking.

Could you please give me accessories list and price?

My dealer not sharing me accessories price list, but wanted me to pay 20K upfront for accessories.

I'm thinking of

PVC floor mat
cup shaped mat
fender mirror
mud flaps
rain visor
TN59_1000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks