Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:35   #1981
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post

2500 KM UPDATE

---------------------

I feel this is a good number for a car this size. The car shifts into 7th gear at 90 kmph, and that’s probably why you would get the best mileage just above 90 kmph. Another thing to note was that the car was at most ease after shifting into 7th, and was at about 1700 RPM at 95 kmph.
I do not understand the 7th gear. Isn't the automatic gear box having 6 speed transmission? Am I missing something?
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:49   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
I do not understand the 7th gear. Isn't the automatic gear box having 6 speed transmission? Am I missing something?
Yes I meant the 6th. Sorry, I did not notice the mistake when I typed. Thanks for pointing out.
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:40   #1983
BHPian

Re: Scorpio N petrol variant

[quote=MealReelWheels;5443318]Dear mpp1, I also have a Z8L Manual Petrol 7 str which I got delivered on 16th October (on my son's birthday - a tradition that my dad started when he bought his first car - Hyundai Santro on my birthday two decades ago).

Congrats!

How do you like the lack of real space in the 3rd row, and even the non-movable 2nd row? I have all ages of people in the car whenever I take out my mother for short trips around town, from 20's through mid 60's. The older people love getting in and out of my XL6 right now, I'm not sure if the N is going to be as easy to get in and out of. This is a genuine worry for me, would love your real world input. TIA
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:52   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp1 View Post

Congrats!

How do you like the lack of real space in the 3rd row, and even the non-movable 2nd row? I have all ages of people in the car whenever I take out my mother for short trips around town, from 20's through mid 60's. The older people love getting in and out of my XL6 right now, I'm not sure if the N is going to be as easy to get in and out of. This is a genuine worry for me, would love your real world input. TIA
I got my parents (aged 70 plus and 60 plus with no knee problems, touchwood) to check out ingress/egress from the N during our test drive and they were quite happy with it and praised the side step provided. It was no different for them from climbing a normal step at our homes. This was also one of my concerns before booking the vehicle and I was glad they were good with it.

Coming to the 3rd row space, I am 5.9 and found it difficult to sit in there - can do it if absolutely needed but knees were brushing against the mid row backsides. However, for someone who is less than 5.3, I feel the space is adequate for 2 people. My kids were fine there although given a choice they would never sit in the 3rd row of any vehicle. Hope it helps.

Last edited by akannath : 23rd November 2022 at 15:54.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 15:04   #1985

Quote:

Ease for older people: The foot rest and the grab handles are useful (read mandatory for this high a vehicle) but with its height, Scorpio N is not best suited for elderlies, especially with knee problems. They may face issues.

Third Row: For me, the third row is for my dog (a full size Golden Retriever) who has enough room to get up, turn and sleep during a trip. There is no AC vent but second row AC works pretty good and my dog hasn't complained yet! Only once, we went to a party with our friends and my car could easily take 6 adults and two kids (<10 yrs). The adult in the third row wasn't very happy so yeah, it is best suited for kids and short trips.

I think XUV 700 may be more practical for you. I suggest you to take your older family members and seek their feedback before buying anything. For me, it's just "hum do humare do"!

However, everybody just loves the ample window space (with a small sunroof) it gives though (huge windows.. even the quarter glass on the third row is big) ... very useful in long /scenic trips. No claustrophobia at all.

Hope this helps you to decide!
MealReelWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 15:16   #1986

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Need one help please, a few pictures of the installed mats , especially from the drivers 's seat will be very helpful.
Hi @Kosfactor Sorry for the delay. It's been a bit crazy at work with the year end drawing closer. Of course! Here you are. Please pardon the dirt. It was right after a long drive and I didnt get a chance to clean. Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-mat-1.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-mat-2.jpg
MealReelWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:05   #1987
BHPian

Mahindra silently issues an inspection/recall for Scorpio N & XUV700

Mahindra has issued an inspection and recall drive for the manual transmission variants of Scorpio N and XUV700 manufactured between 1st July-11th November 2022. It has been stated that there could be an issue with the bell housing’s rubber grommets which can potential cause premature clutch issues/failures.

Attaching the press release for the same below.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-a7c3749459a645b1a941ab7d78f6ea75.jpeg

Regards,
Shrey
Shrey1230 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:27   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MealReelWheels View Post
Ease for older people: The foot rest and the grab handles are useful (read mandatory for this high a vehicle) but with its height, Scorpio N is not best suited for elderlies, especially with knee problems. They may face issues.
Exactly, I don't think it's a good choice either because even at 50, I was having trouble crawling in to the 3rd row but then I can stand to lost 20-40 kilos

The Hyryder has made a very positive impression on me, I know not the same car but that will serve the MPV aspect of my purchase and I wouldn't have to worry that much for resale. I'd be compromising on the MT and the cost but let's see what tomorrow(literally) brings.
Old 24th November 2022, 20:08   #1989
BHPian

I really really want to like this vehicle, but that horrible rear end.
Every time I see it an oversized WagonR comes to mind.
What was Mahindra thinking?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-ff67971b17c6412fa626231692fb6e08.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-714feae495404a6aba40301a1cdf8065.jpeg  

Mustang Sammy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 22:45   #1990
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MealReelWheels View Post
Hi @Kosfactor Sorry for the delay. It's been a bit crazy at work with the year end drawing closer. Of course! Here you are. Please pardon the dirt. It was right after a long drive and I didnt get a chance to clean.
Same here , crazy work these days. Thanks for the pictures , it gives a fair idea about that to expect when it comes to the maintenance of these mats. With no stoppage in rains these days, I have temporarily given up on keeping the vehicles clean
Old 25th November 2022, 16:11   #1991
BHPian

Is the Scorpio N compliant with the BS6 stage 2 norms that come into effect in April 2023?

My expected delivery date is March-April 2023. Was curious what happens in this case.
Old 25th November 2022, 16:40   #1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Is the Scorpio N compliant with the BS6 stage 2 norms that come into effect in April 2023?

My expected delivery date is March-April 2023. Was curious what happens in this case.
Yes, all mahindra vehicles are ready for compliance with new BS6 - Stage 2 Norms.
Old 25th November 2022, 18:21   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
I missed your post. I have been waiting for my Z8 AT 4x4 and 100% concur with your observations.

Furthermore, I think all the non Z8L folks are paying through their anxiety and uncertainty. And this uncertainty seems to extend after purchase also.

So is it really 'VFM" ?

All my initial enthusiasm is gone, and I am pretty close to cancelling my booking. For some reason, even the existing owners who are reporting niggles look like benevolent souls who are okay with what is on offer by M&M.
Booked the new Innova today. So now sailing on two boats
Old 25th November 2022, 20:41   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Booked the new Innova today. So now sailing on two boats
I think the Hycross seems to be a really solid product and would be giving serious competition to proper and psuedo SUVs a run for their money. A lot will depend on how Toyota prices the car though.
Old 26th November 2022, 12:14   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
I think the Hycross seems to be a really solid product and would be giving serious competition to proper and psuedo SUVs a run for their money. A lot will depend on how Toyota prices the car though.
It seems to be great product. However, it will be a segment of it's own as I would like to believe that the top end of Hycross will be a good 10L more than the top end of XUVs and Scorpio Ns.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed