Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 22:26   #2191
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Hello! Does anyone know how long a cord is required to use a Tyre inflator with the Scorpio N?
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 10:24   #2192
BHPian

RWD G(Petrol) Z8L Auto done 2100 kms 50% highways and 50% city: 8.5 kmpl is mileage overall. Not sure if this will go up after second service. Any petrol automatic owners here? What is the mileage you are getting?

Last edited by vinbie2019 : 12th January 2023 at 10:31.
vinbie2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 11:35   #2193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Scorpio N owners, please share your review on high speed stability of the vehicle. Here is a YT review where owner is saying ScorpioN is unstable over 120 KMPH.
If you make a video that ScorpioN is rock solid at 180, no one will watch it. They have already seen it before.

You can see their boss himself driving it here.

From my own experience they are not kidding when they talk about speed, it will do everything they say it would including coming to a stop in a hurry - all this while having MRF Wanderers all season tyres.
Kosfactor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 14:23   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
RWD G(Petrol) Z8L Auto done 2100 kms 50% highways and 50% city: 8.5 kmpl is mileage overall. Not sure if this will go up after second service. Any petrol automatic owners here? What is the mileage you are getting?
10kmpl in mix of city (60%) and highway (40%).
rodeoz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 14:26   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Scorpio N owners, please share your review on high speed stability of the vehicle. Here is a YT review where owner is saying ScorpioN is unstable over 120 KMPH.

https://Youtu.be/lss9nTQ5aeE
I haven't driven over 120 because none of the expressways I drove on allowed for a speed limit of more than 100. At 100, however, the car was rock solid. I was as comfortable driving the N as I have been while driving my sedan on the same road. Only noticeable thing was some body-roll. Coming from a sedan to a BoF car, this was noticeable.
rodeoz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 14:43   #2196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Hello! Does anyone know how long a cord is required to use a Tyre inflator with the Scorpio N?
The problem in Scorpio N is that the 12V socket is provided at the back of the car. So rear tyres might not be an issue and also front tyre on the side of the socket but front diagonal one might be a challenge.

People who have the car and tried the same can share their experience.
Old 13th January 2023, 18:58   #2197
BHPian

I did a TD of the Scorpio N Z8L Automatic 4*4. The following are my observations. For reference, I am a ex-2019 XZ Harrier owner.

Positive observations
1. Feels like I am king of the world when I sit in the drivers seat. Commanding road presence.
2. Eats up anything and everything that comes its way.
3. Loaded will almost all the bells and whistles with few exceptions. I did not care much because I am not a gizmos person.
4. NVH is well controlled (outside as well as inside) for a 2.2L diesel automatic. NVH is miles ahead compared to the 2019 Harrier.
5. 4*4 option - You can take it anywhere, anytime and conquer the world. Harrier is a FWD.
6. Solid build and robust. It can be abused. The heft of bonnet is an assurance of a safe car. It reminded me of my Harrier.
7. Slow speed manoeuvrability is fantastic for a such a heavy, tall vehicle.Thanks to EPS. Harrier comes with HPS which is more driver oriented than this EPS. While Harrier steering gives much more feedback for an enthusiast, it is hard at slow speeds and light at high speeds which is supposed to be the opposite.
8. Head turner for me in terms of looks.

Negative observations
1. No telescopic adjustment for steering even in a top end variant for a more than average height person like me (6ft). Even though it was still possible to get to a right driving position after a multiple adjustments. Harrier gets both tilt and telescopic.
2. Hard suspension - which means the ride will be hard as well. We can feel the bad roads/no roads inside the cabin. Slow speed is a hard ride. Yes, I understand that this is a BOF suv which is meant for tackling these kind of roads. Harrier is very comfortable.
3. Thigh support could have been better. Harrier is better in this.
4. The boot space management of the last row, especially when folded could have been better.
5. The last row is strictly for kids. however, if the situation demands, adults can do a 1-2 hrs drive with a slight discomfort.
6. Not an enthusiast car in any sense. Even at speeds of 80-90, when I tried to manoeuvre, I can feel the fish tailing. Harrier is a drivers car for its size.
7. The audio system is too mediocre for 28-29L. I tried all the settings. Harrier's system was way better.

Neutral observations - Similar in terms of quality of materials, fit and finish, paint quality.
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 08:18   #2198
BHPian

Need Team-BHP / Members Expert Advise:
Booked Scorpio-N Z8L 4x4 Manual which is due in (March-April)2023
Concerned about the Sunroof related troubles and Water leakage from
the roof and footwell areas (down from the sunroof through the front A-Pillars)
Location of Speakers in the Roof is not exactly waterproof. Speakers are vulnerable.
Too much Electronics in the 4XPLOR 4WD Modes.

Should I just get the Z4 4x4 without the 4XPLOR Modes.
Downside will be lack of Side and Curtain Airbags on the Z4 variant but may bring long term peace of mind in not having to deal with niggles and electronics.
But the saving will be to the tune of 8 to 10 Lakhs.
Old 14th January 2023, 08:53   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio N price hike in January 2023 up To Rs 1 Lakh – All 30 Variants New Prices.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-e826750bb9524f67a1fec7297bac647c.jpeg

Source: Rushlane.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 11:30   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
The problem in Scorpio N is that the 12V socket is provided at the back of the car. So rear tyres might not be an issue and also front tyre on the side of the socket but front diagonal one might be a challenge.

People who have the car and tried the same can share their experience.
The tyre inflator I have works just fine for all 4 tyres. It is from Tusa with 10 ft long cord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
I haven't driven over 120 because none of the expressways I drove on allowed for a speed limit of more than 100. At 100, however, the car was rock solid. I was as comfortable driving the N as I have been while driving my sedan on the same road. Only noticeable thing was some body-roll. Coming from a sedan to a BoF car, this was noticeable.
Agree! Driving over speed limit is not a good idea. I never had any problems at 120+ speed when I was just trying out the new vehicle. However, I have mentioned in my earlier posts, this is a BOF vehicle and all said and done should be driven like one and not like monocoques on the road. If top speeds beyond legal limits in a comfortable manner is a key criteria, there is XUV from same stable. For that matter, I have pushed my Thar with modified AVO suspension beyond legal limits (just for try outs). However, not recommended at all on any roads.

My limits which I follow all over India; SH between 40 and 60, NH between 60 and 100 and Expressways between 80 and 120 assuming traffic and speed limit allows.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th January 2023 at 09:23. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 14:28   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Mahindra Scorpio N price hike in January 2023 up To Rs 1 Lakh – All 30 Variants New Prices.

Attachment 2406050

Source: Rushlane.
Just reinforces that they overpriced the Z8 L models at launch. Now with the hikes, it makes the jump from Z8 to Z8 L more palatable. Also, makes booking/buying a Z8 L AT a more attractive proposition for those who didn't book during launch as you only end up paying 15k more than the launch price.

On another note the reduced differential between Z8 4WD AT and MT makes the manual even less attractive as you also gain alloy wheels (around 60k value) in the upgrade to AT.

Last edited by ask99 : 14th January 2023 at 14:30.
ask99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 16:59   #2202

The price hike is maximum in the lower variants disclosing that Mahindra has confidence that the customers will pay, but for how long? Over a period of time if the quality issues are not addressed, the novelty value of the product will be dimiished leaving only the hardcore fans buying it.
Old 14th January 2023, 19:57   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/lss9nTQ5aeE
I have personally driven both the Thar and the Scorpio-N to very unmentionable speeds and they both felt very stable. Maybe it's because I have prior experience driving BOF vehicles or maybe it's because these videos are just clickbait.

Mahindra has perfected the drivetrain + handling characteristics of both despite being heavy BOF suvs. It's only comfort and space that is lacking. Wonder what mahindra could do with a low slung sedan
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 14:24   #2204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
..fitting the tyre to the front one to check if it was touching anywhere and yes it was touching the mud flap at 95% full steering cut at left. see in this image

... the solution was either to accept this inner wall touch problem
Is it so hard for the M&M design folks to realize that a 4x4 SUV ought to have decently large wheel arches to accomodate larger wheels, snow chains if needed and for better wheel articulation.
The puny wheel arch design of the ScorpioN is out of place, hope they can increase it in its next iteration.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 15th January 2023 at 14:25.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 12:30   #2205
BHPian

On Sunday booked Z8 AT Diesel - black, waiting period is 4 months
kumar7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed