Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:03   #2491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I see members mentioning insurance quotes ranging from 62k to 78k. I am a bit confused.

What is the difference between all these?

My dealer is quoting 85k and mentioned I will get a reduction of 4k on that which makes it 81k.

No accessories are being pushed on me.

Want to understand why so much variations among members and if I am getting an ok deal on insurance or not. Thank you.
Get an outside quote with all necessary addons and see the difference.

If you get a lesser quote from outside tell the dealer to match the same or otherwise get the insurance from outside.

Dealer insurance charges are normally higher than outside charges with same IDV and similar addons.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:53   #2492
BHPian

I got my Z8 D MT black delivered on Sunday April 23rd in Bangalore. I got the 17 inch rims & tyres changed to 18 inch alloys & tyres immediately after the delivery, got the 7D mats & mudflaps & got the PPF done. I have driven around 800 Kms till now which is a mix of city, highway and ghats and following are some of my observations.

1. There is a vibration noise coming from the dashboard just above my knees. I had sent the vehicle to service centre to get this fixed on the next of day of delivery. They said it is fixed but the noise still exists. It comes only when I accelerate the vehicle. This just kills the pleasure of how one can enjoy the silence inside the cabin of a vehicle of this size. Need to get it rectified when I go for 1k service

2. The Scorpio N has enough power & it drives fast too but I have upgraded from a Vento TDI to this car, so I miss the crazy torque of Vento every now and then. Luckily I have not sold the Vento for now, so I take it out for a spin just to cut the corners & satisfy my soul

3. The 7D mat spills over a bit from the dead pedal due to which it is obstructing my foot when I press the clutch. I have paid too much for the 7D mats, so I am planning to change my habit of using the clutch with cross foot. This is a cheaper option.

4. The 7D mats are designed for the older set up in the boot. For the flat boot space in the recent versions, it won't fit perfectly when the seats are rolled down. I may have to cut it near the seat locks on the floor to have them fit well. Please check this when you are getting the mats for your car

5. I am getting a mileage of 12 to 13 kmpl which I think could be better considering I have driven the car very sedately so far

6. Coming from a sedan, the super power you get to glide over the potholes, rough patches & speed breakers is just mind blowing! I get down from the road and give way to oncoming sedans & small cars most of the time. Why? Because I can

7. On highways its very very comfortable, it is as if you are sitting on your sofa and watching the road move. On ghats (drove through Shiradi), my family members were pretty comfortable in the middle row & didn't feel major difference from Vento's drive quality (Of course, I was driving this car much slower than the Vento on curves but still the body roll is greatly controlled for a vehicle of this height & size)

8. The Adrenox is behaving very weirdly, most of the features are not working but I don't need them anyway. However, I will get it checked in the first service

9. Headlights are below my expectations. This might be due to the incorrect alignment, I will try to get this also rectified in the first service

10. The clutch is extremely light. 80% lighter than my 1.1 lac run Vento diesel & 30% lighter than my dad's 35k run 2018 Baleno petrol.

If anyone needs any help with the buying process or initial set ups, please feel free to DM me, I will be happy to help.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

Last edited by DheerajNK : 2nd May 2023 at 11:56.
DheerajNK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:58   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
I got my Z8 D MT black delivered on Sunday April 23rd in Bangalore. I got the 17 inch rims & tyres changed to 18 inch alloys & tyres immediately after the delivery, got the 7D mats & mudflaps & got the PPF done.
Can you share from where you got PPF done and what was the price, brand etc. and any other details? Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2023, 20:52   #2494
BHPian

A Quick Question for Z8 owners, just got the Z8 AT 4WD ; it does not have the Android Auto tile.

So for everyone who took delivery was the Tile present or it came after connecting the Android auto over Wire once. The tile should be present I believe, upon asking the Technical over view provider he asked to connect it over the wire once, else will check the software.
Old 2nd May 2023, 22:40   #2495
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
A Quick Question for Z8 owners, just got the Z8 AT 4WD ; it does not have the Android Auto tile.

So for everyone who took delivery was the Tile present or it came after connecting the Android auto over Wire once. The tile should be present I believe, upon asking the Technical over view provider he asked to connect it over the wire once, else will check the software.
Its missing in my Z6 March 2023 build.
Old 3rd May 2023, 08:34   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
I see members mentioning insurance quotes ranging from 62k to 78k. I am a bit confused.

What is the difference between all these?

My dealer is quoting 85k and mentioned I will get a reduction of 4k on that which makes it 81k.

No accessories are being pushed on me.

Want to understand why so much variations among members and if I am getting an ok deal on insurance or not. Thank you.
Check policybazaar, I got mine with everything included for 58k, for a Z8LAT
slylenser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 08:57   #2497
BHPian

Quote:

Location - Kolkata
Dealer - Royal Motors
Initial quotation approximate - 75k
Final quotation (B2B without any add-on or products pushed on me) - 65k
Insurance company - ICICI Lombard
Claim experience - Had an accident with a Zomato bike requiring denting and painting of left fender and co-passenger door and replacement of left fender cladding. Total downtime including repairs and claim settlement was 4 days.

Attached damage for reference. It might not look like much in the picture but the door had bent in the lower portion and was not flush with the bodyline. Just 3 days out of the showroom

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20230213_170553.jpg

I had initially pondered whether GoMechanic would be a better place for denting and painting services. However, the workshops they had assigned me were really pathetic with roadside painting. I didn't want to go that way with a 3 day old car. So had bit the bullet and forgoe of my NCB for next year. However, the painting services were something short of professional. Not expected from an authorised workshop. The paint matching was 100% to the naked eye under sunlight. But when I had taken my car for PPF post this, I could make out the difference. Also while painting the left fender there was very fine paint splatter on the left portion of the bonnet (which again was caught by the detailer). Thankfully he cut em down to a smooth finish. Mahindra needs to up their workshop service game I feel
sand-dune96 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:02   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Can you share from where you got PPF done and what was the price, brand etc. and any other details? Thanks.
I got it done from Xpert Car Care which has 3 showrooms in North Bangalore. I visited their Ganganagar branch. They have good feedback in my friends circle & on google reviews as well. They use 200 microns self healing PPF TPU which they claim to import from Dupont & offer 8 years warranty. You can reach out to their owner Hameed who will share all additional details. I got some discount through a friend who has been their customer for many of his cars. He quotes around 95k for Scorpio N, you can speak to him directly & work out a price. You can use my reference if you want to.

P.S: I am not associated with this business in any way. Since I have got my car done here, I am sharing the details I have.

Thanks,
Dheeraj
DheerajNK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:51   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Its missing in my Z6 March 2023 build.
So it is suppose to be there and will be provided in an Update to all Z6 and Z8 ; however do ask you service/dealer to get the case raised and send the email to Mahindra then it should be in your service queue in a day or two.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 20:38   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
So it is suppose to be there and will be provided in an Update to all Z6 and Z8 ; however do ask you service/dealer to get the case raised and send the email to Mahindra then it should be in your service queue in a day or two.
3 service centers have turned up jack.
1. Harbir chandigarh.
2. DDPM dehradun.
3. Koncept Noida.

What was the precise format you followed?
What is your software version?
Old 3rd May 2023, 20:56   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
3 service centers have turned up jack.
1. Harbir chandigarh.
2. DDPM dehradun.
3. Koncept Noida.

What was the precise format you followed?
What is your software version?
My previous escalations helped, got the executive with the Laptop and all to connect. Showed him brochure as on Date and ours is Mar'23 manufacturing hence it is suppose to be there.

Therefore he asked up the ladder and eventually was able to get the response. He however initiated the communication to get the SR addressed in couple of Days.

This is Raj Mahindra , Mohali ; Dharmendra is the Adrenox delivery time chap who has been made aware and so is the service person also who looks after the same.

Ironically Mahindra should have made the people getting delivery aware that we would be providing this shortly.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 21:26   #2502
BHPian

Okay. Please keep me posted. The day the version is made generally available, I'll get it done. The Nippon HQ is 3 minutes from my house. I'll take the stick to get it done
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 11:35   #2503

Any thoughts on good 7d mats for Scorpio-N after market?
I hear M&M ones are pretty bad.
Old 4th May 2023, 20:53   #2504

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearmusiclover View Post
I have OEM 7 d mats. Within 6 months the locking clips for the "grassy" mat have started to pop out. There is also no covering for driver side dead pedal so that part is always muddy.

Search around i saw one on an Instagram ad and it seemed nice. Will change by year end.
Old 4th May 2023, 22:32   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearmusiclover View Post
They definitely do not feel premium. And the coverage is also not 100% eg - the dead pedal, under seat space, edge gaps where dust accumulates very easily and becomes frustrating to remove. Quality wise - driver side clutch pedal heel area tore with regular clutch usage in traffic, and the grass mat keeps interfering during foot withdrawal from the clutch

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20230504_125840.jpg
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed