Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 16:21   #241
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
Is curtain airbag another Easter Egg that will be laid by the BigDaddyOfSUVs from M&M, just like the cornering lamp? Someone in documentation and/or marketing at Mahindra is too lazy or has not been paying attention and has missed out important details in the materials produced.
To be honest this is a real deal breaker not to have a curtain airbag for a third row passenger especially for 7 seater SUV developed from scratch. I have low expectations, would be delighted if it was the case you just pointed out.
pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 16:33   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
In my opinion, we should wait till say 26th / 27th to add what we want in cart. Especially if you are opting for Automatic and 4x4. Having it in cart today, doesn't give us any kind of preference during the booking process on 30th.

What it might actually do is, let Mahindra folks know about the demand for automatic 4x4 version and that would help them to price it on the higher side.
Exactly my thought as well. There is no other reason for Mahindra to hold price announcement of Auto versions other than testing the depth of water (read demand) and price it accordingly. Hence, better to stay away from adding to cart before price declaration.
Arinmech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 17:18   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
Exactly my thought as well. There is no other reason for Mahindra to hold price announcement of Auto versions other than testing the depth of water (read demand) and price it accordingly. Hence, better to stay away from adding to cart before price declaration.
I don't think Mahindra will only be relying on online add to cart. They will be getting feedback from dealership and will rely more on them considering lot of sales will be expected outside of tier 1 cities. Also, there is no guarantee that all of this add to cart will convert into actual sales. Quite a few may change their mind after proper test rides as well as actual pricing at the time of delivery.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 5th July 2022 at 17:19.
Old 5th July 2022, 18:14   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
Adding to cart as early as possible may have some value. If the booking system crashes before you can get your booking in, those who added to cart early may be provided some preference in terms of getting the inaugural prices.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 5th July 2022 at 18:15.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 18:25   #245
Senior - BHPian

I have tentatively booked the top end 7 seater AWD Z8 version in forest green shade. I am in no urgency to get a car and would be ok to get my hands on it next year as well. But the final call will be only after the test drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-annotation-20220705-182340.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 18:56   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Adding to cart as early as possible may have some value. If the booking system crashes before you can get your booking in, those who added to cart early may be provided some preference in terms of getting the inaugural prices.
Has anything like this happened before ? Means giving priority to chronology of "Adding to Cart" in case of a crash. My understanding is if adding to cart had any importance in actual booking, Mahindra would have explicitly mentioned it so that prospective buyers take this even more seriously.

They have however, mentioned that this data would be used for their production planning, but is this the real intention? I've my doubts.
Arinmech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 19:40   #247
BHPian

Again for the Hyderabad folks: Scorpio N Z8 AT Black color is available for viewing at VVC motors ,Kushaiguda.Will be there for a day or two more post which it will move out to their other showrooms.

As stated earlier,you can also view it in Forest green color at Automotive Motors RP Road.Am told it is available at Automotive Motors Panjagutta but not at Trimulgherry branch.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20220704_195028.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20220704_195039.jpg  

Ram78 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 20:03   #248
Senior - BHPian

I remember that when I'd bought my 7 seater Scorpio SLE in 2010, there was a 8 seater version as well, with a front facing bench seat for the 3rd row, which was easily removable if you wanted lots of boot space. Moreover, the 2nd row could slide a couple of inches forward / backward too, to liberate a little bit of leg space for the 3rd row passengers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ed-advise.html (Mahindra Scorpio - 7 or 8 Seater - Really Confused!! Advise)

So, it's not as if M&M doesn't know how to engineer these features. That's why it's all the more surprising why they haven't done the same in the ScorpioN.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 5th July 2022 at 20:07.
comfortablynumb is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 20:43   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Again for the Hyderabad folks: Scorpio N Z8 AT Black color is available for viewing at VVC motors ,Kushaiguda.Will be there for a day or two more post which it will move out to their other showrooms.

As stated earlier,you can also view it in Forest green color at Automotive Motors RP Road.Am told it is available at Automotive Motors Panjagutta but not at Trimulgherry branch.
Is that loan offered by Mahindra Finance? That seems a pretty good ROI compared to current after the recent hikes.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 20:56   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Is that loan offered by Mahindra Finance? That seems a pretty good ROI compared to current after the recent hikes.
Yes. Mahindra Finance is running a scheme of 6.99% RoI for selected group of ScorpioN customers who meet the criteria of 780+ Credit Score among other conditions. Moreover you can lock in this interest rate by paying file charges of I think Rs 4000.
sachit0901 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 22:37   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Woah !! Inspite of the TDs supposedly starting today, none got a chance to drive it ?! Look forward to few drive experiences.
Old 5th July 2022, 22:42   #252
BHPian

Test drove the car today (for a very very brief period: 5-10 minutes), It was a Z8L Petrol AT. Although I want a completely different powertrain, my chief intention was to test out the ride quality over good, bad and ugly sections of tarmac, check the body-roll and the overall maneuverability of the car (coming from a compact SUV). Here is my feedback:
  • Ride quality is better than most BOF SUVs I've driven/ridden in. M&M were not kidding when they claimed to have benchmarked it against the Endeavour.
  • Steering is uber light on the petrol car - lighter than my Yeti, Polo, previous Laura (you get the gist). But it's precise. Car reacts to steering inputs predictably.
  • Not a perfect way to test body roll, however tried slalom maneuvers at slow speeds. There's roll, but controlled - doesn't disturb the composure of your co-passengers.
  • Ride quality is top notch. It just obliterates bad and broken patches while keeping it's occupants unfazed - it's eerily good.
  • Although there isn't a lot of engine noise inside the cabin, the A/C blower sound is relatively audible. The rear blower is loud by modern standards. Throw of air is better than I'd expected.

I'd reserve my feedback on other aspects of drivability for until such time when I can drive the car properly without an SA breathing down my neck to conclude the drive.

A couple additional points to my initial impressions about the car:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5347483 (Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N)
  • In the XUV700, a gripe I had was about the position of steering column stalks (indicator/wiper) - they were too distant from the steering. One has to extend the fingers to operate them, not very convenient when you have to indicate every single lane change or face the ADAS system's wrath. Thankfully, they've fixed that with the Scorpio. The stalks fall to hand optimally.
  • Another XUV700 gremlin fixed - The drive mode change UX was stupidly executed in the 700. Press the toggle switch in the console and tap the mode on a fairly large upright screen - quite irritating to do it while driving. Scorpio's switch acts as a proper toggle between modes. Thank heavens!
  • The area underneath the glovebox is an eyesore!! Also notice the gaps in center console and dashboard panels

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20220705_141012.jpg

Anyway, I did that "Add to Cart" thingy for a Z8 4x4 A/T in Deep Forest. Final decision would be based on the prices TBA on 21st, I think.
I was told by an M&M representative that they'll accept only one booking per customer (tracked by email/Phone number I suppose) to avoid overbooking which apparently caused a lot of inconvenience during the 700 roll-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachit0901 View Post
Yes. Mahindra Finance is running a scheme of 6.99% RoI for selected group of ScorpioN customers who meet the criteria of 780+ Credit Score among other conditions. Moreover you can lock in this interest rate by paying file charges of I think Rs 4000.
This is interesting, about 0.4% below standard rates. Will enquire about it.

Last edited by nerd1200 : 5th July 2022 at 22:48. Reason: Quote
nerd1200 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 22:59   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
2. Third row is usable for kids as well as 5'5" adults - three of them. Taller ones can sit for small distances.
3. You can keep some luggage as well as two small humans in the third row as well.
6. Old scorpio's fixed second row is more accomodating and can fit a fourth person , the new one is spacious for three and I got three of them to sit there, you don't need to be friends.
With all due respect Sir, i did not find any logic with the above 3 points you have mentioned.

2. 5'5'' Cannot accommodate in the 3rd row comfortably. That too 3 of them would be nightmare.
3. 3rd row once tumbled forward occupies 40% of boot space and with the ever uneven boot makes the luggage space practically useless. Also please do define small humans? Human with luggage in 3rd row is first and foremost dangerous and secondly wouldn't fit in more luggage than a Thar 2020.
6. We need to move evolve. Sliding 2nd row would have been better than fixed one. Also seating in the new scorpio though being wider than old one i did not understand how 4 would fit in old one and best for 3 in the new. Also ain't travelling 4 on a 3 seater dangerous and such a comment from a senior BHPian can invite dangerous sitting behaviours? I honestly didn't expect this.

Anyways for rest all the details i sincerely thank you for the sharp observation and sharing.
SportsMedicine is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 23:00   #254
cka
BHPian

Went for a TD at 6 pm and showroom guy said "Saaarrrr showroom closing time is 6:30 naa.. Please come tomorrow morning at 9:30 am"

Felt like am visiting SBI instead of a car showroom. This is also another proof that it's a complete sellers market now.
cka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 23:00   #255
Senior - BHPian

Guys, reconsider the scenario from a manufacturers position.

Considering the relatively easier availability of Petrol versions of XUV7OOs', it seems Mahindra has a larger production capacity for producing petrol variants. Hence during the variant choosing period, they probably expect customers to prioritise if they're OK to go for Petrol variant & have early deliveries, or wait a long time for the Diesel variants.

IMO This much is fair on their part. But one major thing I don't see transparent is how would a customer actually know (in real time) if they're amongst the first 25k who successfully booked on 30th July ?

Last year this was relatively transparent as it was "booking-date" based price protection, Almost nobody would've anticipated they'd stop the bookings after an hour on Day 1. Now that people know the system, this time there must be plenty individuals who'd like to "Game" the system because they know the cars would likely sell at a premium even in the 2nd hand market - all at a time when we know that car prices are not going to go down.

When these things happen, IMO, it is next to impossible for Mahindra to offer a transparent/rational booking process in the regular way.

IMO, one of the solutions is to utilise closed communities. Like Mahindra did in a small way for the XUV7OO, they can now do it in an elaborate way to verify & prioritise delivering the car within say their corporate network/group companies/VC Networks, also shortlist people from social circles - i.e. celebrities, sports-people, politicians even!

As a company if they're pure-bred hardcore car enthusiasts, they'd choose prioritising/filtering/verifying bookings thru credible online automotive forums.
GrammarNazi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks