Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 10:39   #2581
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevvMusic View Post
The mahindra original screen protector seems to have made the screen so hazy. The crispness of the display is completely gone. Is it the same with you? I would appreciate your inputs.
Yes, this is true. Haziness reduces a bit after 7-10 days of use.

The protector screen is made of some plastic sheet, matt type finish, certainly nowhere closer to the smoothness of the OEM ICE display or "tempered glass" protectors that are often used on smartphones. Dealer claimed that the matt finish is to minimize reflections/distraction during driving, but I disagree. The system behaves more erratic with the protector applied.

Screen with the protector applied, looks greyish, contents appear faded / washed out especially during daylight. The edges of the protector are also very rough in my case. Not worth that money at all. I am planning to remove it after the initial service / workshop visits are over, as the original display is more prone to scratches at workshops.
Old 18th May 2023, 14:08   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
4x4 owners: are you facing issues engaging/ disengaging 4H/4L or moving 4H to 4L or vice versa?
4L is engaged only when in parking mode not tried in neutral .

4H is shift on the fly . I don’t know and tried till what speed it is allowed in N .

Yes it takes some time to engage and disengage .

Anyone having more knowledge can add or correct me
Old 18th May 2023, 14:36   #2583
Team-BHP Support

4H can be engaged on the move, at slow speeds, though manual might be saying till speeds of 80 kmph. I personally shift it at stand-still.

4L - Neutral. Brakes pressed, shift to 4L from 4H and wait for the 4L light to be static. Same procedure when shifting to 4H (& subsequently to 2H) from 4L.

The 4X4 mechanism has not failed in my Scorpio S10 4WD for past 1L kms, so, might fare well in the Scorpio-N.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 17:51   #2584

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been following this thread for quite some time.

We booked Scorpio N Z8L AT Diesel 4XPLOR and the dealership has a Deep Forest color readily available. On getting the VIN we realized, it's Feb 2023 manufactured BS6.2 car.
We are in two minds about whether to accept or reject the available car. Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Old 18th May 2023, 23:16   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
4x4 owners: are you facing issues engaging/ disengaging 4H/4L or moving 4H to 4L or vice versa?
One of the sales advisor mentioned that to me and suggested I go for RWD AT if I don’t intend to use 4x4 very often.
Today I went for PDI of my 4x4 and faced this challenge. Then SA suggested to turn off and on the car and try again. It worked but then it brings the question- will it work when we need it?
As a general practice, never engage lower ratio when the vehicle is in motion. Same goes true even for higher ratio if you want to increase the reliability of 4x4 system. There are mechanical parts involved and one should be cautious while playing with the ratios while the vehicle is in motion. And remember, in situation where you may need to engage 4L, you would have either been stuck or would know what's in front of you so better stop, engage 4L and crawl away. Dont shift between 2WD, 4H and 4L abruptly. Imagine a scenario of shifting directly from 6th gear to 1st while doing 80 kmph. You will get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitsme View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I have been following this thread for quite some time.

We booked Scorpio N Z8L AT Diesel 4XPLOR and the dealership has a Deep Forest color readily available. On getting the VIN we realized, it's Feb 2023 manufactured BS6.2 car.
We are in two minds about whether to accept or reject the available car. Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards,
So what's the concern mate? You will have BS 6.2 vehicle which is the latest regulation that diesel vehicles have to comply with post 31st March 2023.
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 23:49   #2586

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
So what's the concern mate? You will have BS 6.2 vehicle which is the latest regulation that diesel vehicles have to comply with post 31st March 2023.
Little surprised to see a Scorpio N Z8L AT manufactured in Feb 2023 still at the dealership after 3months. Creating some doubts in mind.

Last edited by graaja : 19th May 2023 at 05:14. Reason: Quote only relevant part of the post
somitsme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 00:15   #2587
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitsme View Post
Hi everyone,

Regards,
There are few updates into the newer batches. See if the car has flat boot, if yes you can go ahead. Still in two minds, try with other dealers, Z8L AT Diesel 4XPLOR is readily available with most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
As a general practice, never engage lower ratio when the vehicle is in motion. Same goes true even for higher ratio if you want to increase the reliability of 4x4 system. There are mechanical parts involved and one should be cautious while playing with the ratios while the vehicle is in motion. And remember, in situation where you may need to engage 4L, you would have either been stuck or would know what's in front of you so better stop, engage 4L and crawl away. Dont shift between 2WD, 4H and 4L abruptly. Imagine a scenario of shifting directly from 6th gear to 1st while doing 80 kmph. You will get the point.
Thanks for explaining but I have Thar 4x4 and have fair bit of idea on engaging 4WD modes.
My question remains: is anyone facing challenge in engaging 4H/4L or other rough road mode since its electronically operated in Scorpio N

Last edited by Sheel : 19th May 2023 at 09:33. Reason: Mod note attached.
yadavsid21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 21:24   #2588
BHPian

Today I completed the PDI of my Scorpio N Z8 diesel Auto 4x4. I took the team-bhp PDI checklist pdf and verified as much as possible, thinking that I might miss something in the excitement I also employed my wife, both sons and even in-laws. The car is April manufactured and tires are from the month of March. After 40 mins of joint effort received thumps-up from all.
The ODO had a reading of 43 Kms, I checked few other cars in the same showroom, and all were in the same range.

I have a couple of doubts and require your help:
• My car came equipped with Apollo Apterra HT2 tires. How good are these tires, and should I consider switching to AT tires? My usage primarily involves 95% city and highway driving, with occasional off-pavement activities (got a 4x4 to venture into the genre).
• I'm curious about the fit and quality of the official Mahindra accessory 7D mats. Are they worth considering, or do you have any other suggestions?
• Anyone opted for the front parking sensor. How beneficial is this? Since the car will also be used by my wife she insisted we get it.

Last edited by .sourov : 20th May 2023 at 21:31. Reason: missed to add a point
Old 21st May 2023, 01:23   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Hi,

Any recommendations for good floor mats? I heard the ones available with company are not good.

Also, I read sometime back about a cord extension for 12V charging point. Please share the link if someone has it. Thanks.
A better solution (what I had done) - 4mm sq copper wire to the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230511_114629.jpg  

wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 02:29   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
I have a couple of doubts and require your help:
• My car came equipped with Apollo Apterra HT2 tires. How good are these tires, and should I consider switching to AT tires? My usage primarily involves 95% city and highway driving, with occasional off-pavement activities (got a 4x4 to venture into the genre).
• I'm curious about the fit and quality of the official Mahindra accessory 7D mats. Are they worth considering, or do you have any other suggestions?
• Anyone opted for the front parking sensor. How beneficial is this? Since the car will also be used by my wife she insisted we get it.
1. I've personally driven with stock tyres on mountain roads which were "yet to be constructed" and few areas with no roads in North Bengal tour. Never did I feel that I need better tyres. It was not hard core off roading but good muck and slush. I do not feel you require a tyre upgrade right now. Enjoy the stock, maybe some modification maybe required for a snow drive (cannot comment on the same due to lack of experience).

2. I would not recommend you to go for the 7D mats from Mahindra. Although the feel and fit is adequate and borderline good, much better 3rd party mats available. I've bought em from Mahindra during delivery out of excitement but 3000km use so far and the clutch heel area has already given way (medium clutch use during extensive hill driving). Also there are glaring edge gaps. Narrow enough to accumulate dust in the carpet. Also the dead pedal zone is not wrapped properly. I'd recommend go for 3rd party 9D mats. Although some tend to have that rubbery/plastic odour

3. Mine being a Z8L, I've hardly used the front sensor and camera willingly. I'm 5ft 5 and with the seat at the highest position I can fairly judge the edges of the front bumper. It does come in handy in extreme narrow and tricky passes but then again during such situations you wouldn't solely rely on the sensors, would you? Regarding your better half, if it gives a boost of confidence you should go ahead with it. However, a thing to remember is the location of the sensor. The distance shown on the screen is > than how much clearance your bumper edge has from the obstacle. There's a YouTube video regarding the same also.

Congratulations on adding a new member to your family. May she bless your drives and fill your hearts with enthusiasm
Old 21st May 2023, 12:03   #2591
BHPian

9D Mats for Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
2. I would not recommend you to go for the 7D mats from Mahindra. Although the feel and fit is adequate and borderline good, much better 3rd party mats available. I've bought em from Mahindra during delivery out of excitement but 3000km use so far and the clutch heel area has already given way (medium clutch use during extensive hill driving). Also there are glaring edge gaps. Narrow enough to accumulate dust in the carpet. Also the dead pedal zone is not wrapped properly. I'd recommend go for 3rd party 9D mats. Although some tend to have that rubbery/plastic odour
I first purchased a set of 7D mats from Amazon and didn't like the general fit/conformity of the mats so returned them and ordered a set of "9D" Mats. Regardless of the absurdity of the unending dimensions being added to mats, this set looks a lot more polished and has a bit of stiffness/rigidity to the mats which along with the generous placement of velcro strips gives the mats a good fit and provides decent coverage.

The 3rd row mats extend to the portion under the flip-forward middle row seat too, so you get good coverage for people climbing into the last row. Adding a few pictures for reference.

These are sold under the Autoistix brand and available in a multitude of colors. I was quite tempted to pick up a set in Coffee color but wasn't sure if the colour would match with interior shade. Paid around 7k after discounts. Feels a little expensive but they seem to be good quality, will only find out how they wear with time.
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102258.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102305.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102314.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102823.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102344.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102538.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102517.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102638.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230521_102713.jpg

Last edited by ask99 : 21st May 2023 at 12:13.
ask99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 14:05   #2592
BHPian

Re: 9D Mats for Scorpio-N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Regardless of the absurdity of the unending dimensions being added to mats, this set looks a lot more polished and has a bit of stiffness/rigidity to the mats which along with the generous placement of velcro strips gives the mats a good fit and provides decent coverage.

The 3rd row mats extend to the portion under the flip-forward middle row seat too, so you get good coverage for people climbing into the last row.
Exactly what I wanted to convey regarding the contouring and coverage of the OEM mats. IMO the OEM mats do look better with the hexagonal pattern and the contrast coffee brown stitching, but that's a personal preference. Apart from that 9D mats provide proper contouring and wrap around the edges, eg - the foldable seat base, dead pedal, seat posts.

I was in the market recently for mats which would provide 100% coverage yet shouldn't look like a add-on inside the car, it should blend in seamlessly around the edges with the carpet (tucked in). However, only possible solution was laminating which I didn't go for. Any such custom mat producers who could deliver to Kolkata?
Old 21st May 2023, 19:19   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
A better solution (what I had done) - 4mm sq copper wire to the battery.
Somehow I am not comfortable doing this by myself. I have placed an order for an extension cable from the Maruti accessories site.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999l1-550

Will provide feedback once I receive it.
Nightmare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 19:31   #2594
BHPian

Hi,

So I took delivery of my Scorpio N Z8 D AT 2WD last week. It's in Deep Forest color. In the poll done some time back, a good number of people had voted for this color but all I am seeing in delivery pics is BLACK

Anyways, I digress.

I have driven the car for around 400 kms till now and 250 kms of that came today on Bangalore-Mysore expressway. For the past 2 days, I was getting the warning signal of less air pressure in one of the tires (front left). I got air-filled in all of them today to 34 (recommended) before starting the journey. After 15-20 mins the warning went away and I continued with the drive.

While returning I noticed the warning again and saw that all tires were on 31. The warning was only for from left tire as earlier though.

My question is, how come all tires lost air in 250 km run and should I be worried about something? If all of them have 31 pressure then why the warning is shown only for 1?

Hope I am making sense. Anyone else has observed anything like this?

I maintained a speed between 80-100 most of the time while going to max of 110 on a few occasions. Did not go beyond 2000 RPM as the manual says don't exert the engine for the first 1000 kms.
Old 21st May 2023, 19:56   #2595
BHPian

Congratulations. Did you book it in August?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd October 2023 at 11:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks