Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2023, 12:44   #2656
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Facing a lot of issues with Android Auto (both wired and wireless). It is like out of 10 attempts, it will connect randomly once or twice.

Will factory resetting the infotainment system help?
Take another phone that you know of wherein none of it's connection settings have been altered, turn off wifi and pair with the head unit. It will turn on Wifi on its own.

Once Bluetooth detects the head unit AA should start on the phone automatically next time, this will be displayed on the head unit afterwards. This is my understanding of the sequence. Settings in the AA should be left default (set by car).
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 13:27   #2657
BHPian

Hi all, I am expecting my Scorpio-N Z6 D AT to be delivered shortly and thus searching for insurance plans. The dealer has quoted ~56k for a B2B plan after negotiation. I was also trying my luck on policybaazar and stumbled upon a quote from New India assurance for ~36k for a normal comprehensive plan without any add-ons which I am okay with. Any suggestions on which plan to opt would be great. I've never dealt with policybaazar but have had new India assurance plans in the past for other cars and they were fine. Note- both plans are 1+3 type.
Old 1st June 2023, 13:57   #2658

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
I've been facing the following issue with my vehicle.
Model : Z8L MT 4X4

During standstill or at low manouevring speeds whenever I'm turning the steering, I can hear a click click noise coming from the front wheels and sometimes from the rear wheels as well (also when going over speed breakers).
Going through the same thing with my 3 month old xuv300! Please someone enlighten us about what this voice is.
Old 1st June 2023, 14:24   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Facing a lot of issues with Android Auto (both wired and wireless). It is like out of 10 attempts, it will connect randomly once or twice.

Will factory resetting the infotainment system help?
What's your mobile brand? Heard on the forum here that Pixel's are having issues - its strange as they are supposed to be the purest form of Android. Before resetting, try with another brand
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 14:28   #2660
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Take another phone that you know of wherein none of it's connection settings have been altered, turn off wifi and pair with the head unit. It will turn on Wifi on its own.
Thank you for the advice! Have two spare Androids, will try the above with these tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
What's your mobile brand? Heard on the forum here that Pixel's are having issues - its strange as they are supposed to be the purest form of Android. Before resetting, try with another brand
It's a Oneplus 9T. Never gave an issue with any other AA infotainment system. Connected in seconds even in the test drive vehicle and the first day when I checked at the yard.

As bhpian Kosfactor says, I'll try with my LG V30 and Galaxy S7 once.
Old 1st June 2023, 15:53   #2661

Congratulations sir. I too am a proud owner of the N. The options to only unlock driver side door is available on your infotainment system. Scroll through the settings on the centre console and you ll find it there . Also DRLs can be switched off from these settings. As for the camera lag, a software update really helped. Both my cameras are real time now. I had it done from Mahindra service centre.

As for the auto start stop it is a pain in the neck, like you rightly said it works at the worst times only. So like an airplane, before taking off one has to complete checklists including switch of the auto start stop
Old 1st June 2023, 17:37   #2662
BHPian

101km - 24 hour Micro Review

I will try my best to keep this "Micro" as I will make a proper review once I've hit 500 or 1000km.

Booking paid to SA on 23rd Feb 2023, booking done on 7th March. Booking cancelled and made again on 24th March.
Production completed and loaded on the transport 25th May, Mean Green Machine picked up yesterday from showroom (31st May)

In the last 101km and 24 hours, I've never had so much fun driving a vehicle in my life, ever. I don't want to stop driving, I don't want to get down. Except the mats from the showroom, that are a letdown.

The Good:
  • 2.2 mHawk has always been a gem and this one proves it. Smooth and packs a wallop. Easy to get pinned to the seat and passengers getting caught by surprise. Sounds great too. Not audible at idle and below 1500 rpm
  • Good that they left the 4WD with the top tune and no cringy drive modes
  • Handling is very good. Less precise than Vento or Superb but I am having more fun. Is it because of the RWD?
  • 80 kph feels like 40 kph. Speed masking is outstanding
  • Haven't tried off-roading yet but BLD, MLD and 4WL do provide peace of mind
  • Interior is put together very well and the combination of chocolate on black is soothing to the eyes. Blindfold a person and they will think it is an Euro car
  • The AC is a bone-chiller stone-cold killer
  • I am small. To me, the sunroof is very big. The base of the windshield starts at my chin
  • Comfort and ergonomics are well-sorted and seats are very comfortable
  • The part of the center console that is in contact with my left leg feels soft and comfortable. This is a long distance cruiser alright
  • Other vehicles prefer to keep some distance between you and them. Traffic sometimes waits for you at intersections (except those rider loverboy kids on bike with colored broccoli shaped hair and bright red shoes or over-entitled didis barreling down the wrong way at 80 kph.)
    Cars, bikes and peds look surprised when I stop and let them cross the road
  • The design is a proper looker and I turn back every time I park it. Everyone else stares at it too. This is the second Scorpio N in the colony and the first ever body-on-frame in our family
  • Tires will squeal if you put your foot down during a turn
  • I will give the music system an A+ rating. Bass is heavy but mids and treble cut through very clear. The track Heritage by Obscura was made for this system.
    I've never seen anyone every play good music on this system on youtube. I'll try to break that barrier
  • Managed to find a seat position where I have full view of the bonnet and the steering does not touch my stomach or legs. Was there something wrong with the test drive vehicles?

The Bad:
  • Android Auto. It does not work 17 times out of 20. Will try the workarounds shared by bhpian Kosfactor
  • The size makes me worry in narrow and crowded areas but then again, this isn't my first big car
  • Mileage is acceptable for now (7-11 kmpl) but hope it goes up after first oil change
  • Mom hasn't got the chance to sit since the ground clearance is too high for her. Workaround in progress

ENOUGH TEXT. HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS!

Cloak and Dagger:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5946.jpeg

First half-tank about to happen:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5947.jpeg

My ugly mug:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5948.jpeg

The oncoming offender offenders with sequential indicators:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5897.jpeg

Finally at home (notice that monster's poop-colored Safari in the background):
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5953.jpeg

Another side profile:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5964.jpeg

At an angle:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5958.jpeg

The quality of paint is first class and the flakes look lovely under direct sunlight:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5962.jpeg

Beautiful both inside and out:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5963.jpeg

Clean instrument cluster with a very classy design:
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5971.jpeg

Here's some unlikely music from that fantastic sound system:

I guess I'll go cover some kms now so that I could do a much more detailed and larger review. Cheers!

P.S. Forgot to add that I've only owned used cars before. This is my first 'new' car ever so it is a big life milestone for me

Last edited by vredesbyrd : 1st June 2023 at 17:43. Reason: Smol edit :3
vredesbyrd is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 19:41   #2663

Taken delivery of my Z6 D MT, Introductory price on Monday with Insurance from New India Assurance for 1+2 type for 42K from Mahindra Dealer itself. You may plan accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanyu17 View Post
Hi all, I am expecting my Scorpio-N Z6 D AT to be delivered shortly and thus searching for insurance plans. The dealer has quoted ~56k for a B2B plan after negotiation. I was also trying my luck on policybaazar and stumbled upon a quote from New India assurance for ~36k for a normal comprehensive plan without any add-ons which I am okay with. Any suggestions on which plan to opt would be great. I've never dealt with policybaazar but have had new India assurance plans in the past for other cars and they were fine. Note- both plans are 1+3 type.
dhingrasud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 21:01   #2664
BHPian

Quote:

It's a Oneplus 9T. Never gave an issue with any other AA infotainment system. Connected in seconds even in the test drive vehicle and the first day when I checked at the yard.

As bhpian Kosfactor says, I'll try with my LG V30 and Galaxy S7 once.
Having a similar issue connecting wirelessly over 1+ 8 pro. Sometimes the phone connects seamlessly but wil disconnect randomly. My solution was to open Android auto on my phone. Change any particular setting, i used to change the driver position from left to right and vice versa and restart AA. Connected again only to disconnect randomly after few hours or minutes. The wired one was less finiky with less disconnections. Had a go with Nokia on an i10 with AA. Worked seamlessly.
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 22:38   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmonkey View Post
Friends, I had a very serious/small/technical/unwanted/unlucky whatever we may call incident with my Scorpio-N Z8L 4X4 MT during my recent drive to SPITI in February 2023.
Sorry to hear about the trouble,yes OBD is a life saver and I always keep as one of essential in my car , but if it's a temporary error code due to sensors behaving nasty then it can be cleared with OBD (I use torque pro application) and move away ,but for a more serious problem it will not help and error code can reappear back.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd June 2023 at 01:33. Reason: shortening quotes for better readability
nitin_knw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 01:26   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
I'm using the generic ELM327 clones off Amazon.
They all work the same.

Since I use it for SOS code lookup/cleaning CEL warnings, the standard cheaper Bluetooth one suffices for me.

Here's a link to what I bought recently: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
What app are you using?

I have a similar ELM327 clone but the Scorpio getting stranded due to puel pump error code made me realise I should have it in the car all the time.
Old 2nd June 2023, 06:23   #2667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmonkey View Post
Sorry My Bad, Forgot to mention, the Check Engine Light was on the whole time, during the expedition. The Check engine light was on in the morning when the car is started daily, I was told to ignore the same as it maybe due to cold weather or bad diesel(which was not the case). The light sometimes switched off after warming up the engine.
CEL doesn’t turn off or on just because it feels in the mood to turn on, and if the cause were bad fuel you’d feel the car jerk and lose performance right from the start, not up in the hills.

Also when a car is flatbedded resetting the error and sending you off is a bad mistake. My guess is the oil pump did not perform well on steep roads in high altitude causing this error. Once you got back to the plains the pump would operate as normal and the error fixed itself.

If you drive off to Spiti or even the next city to your city with an unresolved check engine light on your car you’re considerably braver than drivers with lakhs of km experience.
hserus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 09:48   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_knw View Post
Sorry to hear about the trouble,yes OBD is a life saver and I always keep as one of essential in my car , but if it's a temporary error code due to sensors behaving nasty then it can be cleared with OBD (I use torque pro application) and move away ,but for a more serious problem it will not help and error code can reappear back.
Can you please share the link to the OBD scanner tool and the torque pro app. I feel it is an essential item for a Scorpio-N owner to have all the time in the car.
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:09   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can you please share the link to the OBD scanner tool and the torque pro app. I feel it is an essential item for a Scorpio-N owner to have all the time in the car.
This app is far better than Torque or Dash Command, and I have the paid version after trying both. It flawlessly detected mahindra for my old scorpio, which Torque and Dash Command didn't, three years back when I checked.

https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/soft...ile-elm327.php

For the obd adapter get a wired one rather than a wireless one, as they are more robust and reliable - but expensive. If you buy cheap ones, plenty of no name chinese brands available, pick whichever suits you.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:17   #2670
BHPian

Small update:

The issue with Android Auto got resolved. It was the cable!

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5991.jpeg

On headlights:

Got an opportunity to drive last night by bunking a call:

Seriously, how are people even complaining about the headlights? These are the best pair of eyes I've ever had on a car!

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5980.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5983.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_5985.jpeg

Signing off, for the moment
vredesbyrd is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks