Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 11:37   #271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Ride quality with respect to Duster is a must comparison for some spoilt duster owners. Driving duster for 8+ years and shifting to new vehicle with lesser compliant ride quality is difficult IMHO.
Absolutely.. Have been driving duster for last 9+ years and most cars don't come close in terms of suspension. It kind of trumps and punches it weight above its segment..
Old 6th July 2022, 11:55   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I got a SMS today from Mahindra, thanking me for adding ScorpioN to cart which I did not.
=====
If this is true across all the dealers, then Mahindra will not get a true picture of demand for variants and colors as they intended for.
I did provide the KYC documents to my dealer a few weeks back, and yesterday, they added the vehicle/ variant/colour of their choice to the cart without my confirmation.
Old 6th July 2022, 12:08   #273
BHPian

Are there any spy shots of lower variant speedo console? Like Z2 and Z4. Will they have a Thar like information display panel between the dials?

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 6th July 2022 at 12:24.
Old 6th July 2022, 12:28   #274
BHPian

Yesterday I have registered myself on their website for the test drive. I have chosen the petrol auto variant. Even though I have no immediate plans of purchasing one, the petrolhead inside me just couldn't resist . Coming to the customer service experience, I was impressed. It was merely a few seconds after submitting my details, that I get a call back from Mahindra to verify the same. It was merely a few minutes after the call was over that I got the below message from Mahindra. Let's see when the executive connects with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20220706_122559.jpg  

Old 6th July 2022, 12:58   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Test drove the car today ....
[*]The area underneath the glovebox is an eyesore!! Also notice the gaps in center console and dashboard panels ...
Thank you nerd1200, Much appreciated!!. I have not expected it to have no cover for the components underneath dashboard from a vehicle which costs 15 to 20 L. From the picture, I see that there may be a chance for some wiring could be unplugged unknowingly by the occupant (especially kids) while moving legs. Is it not dangerous to leave it like this?
K7@TN14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 13:16   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
I did provide the KYC documents to my dealer a few weeks back, and yesterday, they added the vehicle/ variant/colour of their choice to the cart without my confirmation.
I'll one up you.

I've never registered or reached out to Mahindra for anything yet.
But today, i found out that someone has added a ScorpioN to their cart already with my email ID and some other mobile number.
The number itself is unreachable so I can't make out if it is a genuine mistake with the email or some shenanigans by the dealer - Zulaikha Motors, Chennai.
stewie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 13:21   #277
BHPian

I would like to know the boot space capacity when third row seat is folded completely and also with split folded. Is anyone have idea on this? This detail may be deal breaker for people who need significantly large boot space. Thanks!
Old 6th July 2022, 13:25   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
IMO This much is fair on their part. But one major thing I don't see transparent is how would a customer actually know (in real time) if they're amongst the first 25k who successfully booked on 30th July ?
Last year this was relatively transparent as it was "booking-date" based price protection, Almost nobody would've anticipated they'd stop the bookings after an hour on Day 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
After extensively seeing and driving the car, Don't think scorpio n will get full bookings on day 1. Xuv700 was a stellar product and deserved that response
As my conversation with an M&M representative went, it'll be the same this time around as well. They'll stop bookings as soon as they receive 25k. Restart bookings the next day after announcing the new (and improved ) pricing.

They're expecting more bookings for the ScorpioN than the XUV700. The third party who's been given the contract to maintain the portal has been asked to ensure a throughput of 1000 transactions/second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I've never registered or reached out to Mahindra for anything yet.
But today, i found out that someone has added a ScorpioN to their cart already with my email ID and some other mobile number.
I faced a similar predicament. Someone used my primary number to register. I had to provide my alternate number & email id for my booking.
Not sure if it's a glitch or someone with fat fingers is keying these in. *Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7@TN14 View Post
I would like to know the boot space capacity when third row seat is folded completely and also with split folded. Is anyone have idea on this? This detail may be deal breaker for people who need significantly large boot space. Thanks!
Sorry buddy, No split folding. The entire bench tumbles forward. Don't know the volume, but you essentially have a very tall, somewhat wide area, but not much depth. Also, the floorboard isn't flat and it'll be fairly difficult to stack trolleys horizontally. It'll definitely be a deal breaker for some, t'was almost for me.

Finally some underbody shots!!

I'm thankful to Bangalore based, Shutterdrives to have created and posted this video for us enthusiasts.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfooS...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Last edited by nerd1200 : 6th July 2022 at 13:32.
nerd1200 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 13:33   #279
BHPian

Just registered and booked with my mobile number and the same email ID.
Was expecting i will run into some issue with duplicate email ID but nothing of that sort!

Booked a Z4 AT in Silver.

20:80 chances of me actually buying it. I just like the way it looks
Old 6th July 2022, 13:35   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesh.92 View Post
It was merely a few minutes after the call was over that I got the below message from Mahindra.
Quote:
I got a SMS today from Mahindra, thanking me for adding ScorpioN to cart which I did not.
If this is true across all the dealers, then Mahindra will not get a true picture of demand for variants and colors as they intended for.
This seems more like booking done by dealer to get more cars allocated to them using numbers from all customers who show interest. I was in touch with one of the SA here for Thar and Scorpio and yesterday received similar message for my dealer. If I try to login and add the vehicle to cart, it shows I already have one added to cart for me by my dealer but does not show on the portal. They assume in case I do not buy, they will be able to allocate to new customer.

Should we try to get it fixed?

Last edited by vidyanand : 6th July 2022 at 13:44.
vidyanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 13:58   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7@TN14 View Post
- 125L of boot space with all three rows up
- 476L with 3rd row folded and tumbled
- 786L with 2nd and 3rd row folded

5:50 - 6:15 in this video review:

However, the real issue isn't the exact volume numbers. While they lower as per segment standards, they aren't too bad either.

The real issue is the layout of that space. No flat bed, no split fold for 3rd row, big gap (till the floor) between 2nd and 3rd row when 3rd row is folded, etc.
tarunjain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 14:00   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
If I try to login and add the vehicle to cart, it shows I already have one added to cart for me by my dealer but does not show on the portal. They assume in case I do not buy, they will be able to allocate to new customer.

Should we try to get it fixed?
Even I don't see anything in my cart. So not aware which variant the dealer has selected. Anyways I am not going ahead with ScorpioN. So don't mind this. The 3rd row space and boot-space along with the need to climb up for my parents are the deal breakers for me.

But if you are going for it, you can talk to the dealer or SA and get this corrected.

Last edited by Knightrider : 6th July 2022 at 14:02.
Old 6th July 2022, 15:16   #283
BHPian

A comparo video of the XUV 7OO and the ScorpioN :
rambomumbai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:38   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
- 125L of boot space with all three rows up
- 476L with 3rd row folded and tumbled
- 786L with 2nd and 3rd row folded ....

The real issue is the layout of that space. No flat bed, no split fold for 3rd row, big gap (till the floor) between 2nd and 3rd row when 3rd row is folded, etc.
Thank you tarunjain. . As you rightly said it, the numbers would not just help. The boot space should be in a way that it is effectively utilized to its maximum capacity. Wish we could have a 5 seater in ScropioN!. Am sure my wish is genuine and there may be some folks out there who have similar thought.
K7@TN14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:57   #285
BHPian

Quote:
That is a hack by dealers to get more cars allocated to them, they have been doing the same for XUV,
Ready stock helps them to overcome price fluctuations plus the intent to sale ratio improves with shorter delivery period
Asoon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed