Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2022, 11:17   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Fantastic! Strong positive words by GTO ought to put lot of folks at ease and go ahead with the purchase.
If I was in the market for a car in India, Scorpio N would be at #1 spot on the list after reading the review.
amol4184 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:18   #1082
BANNED

I think Mahindra went too far with the pricing. Especially the 4WD and AT's are very expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Beautiful MH, Beautiful India. I personally enjoy holidays & road-tripping in India (GA, RJ, KL, etc.) more than most destinations abroad:
Attachment 2342537
So true. India and USA are perhaps the only 2 countries in the world with all kinds of terrain and climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Buvachi Misal in Lonavla - you absolutely cannot miss having breakfast or lunch here. One of the few places which serves top quality delicious food at unbelievably reasonable prices:
Attachment 2342543

And super clean too! Never had a bad tummy after eating their yummy misal + vada pav + onion pakora + strong tea (my standard combo-meal there):
Attachment 2342544
That's the thing with open kitchens. They're often cleaner than most expensive restaurants. Even if it's not super clean, we know the level of cleanliness unlike a restaurant, where it's possible to have a big difference in the cleanliness of dining area and kitchen. My dad was a chef. So I have some idea of what's possible in a closed kitchen. That's one reason why I prefer street food and smaller restaurants over a fancy restaurant in a 5-star hotel. Thankfully, we have a vibrant street food culture with equally colourful flavors.
MaheshY1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:27   #1083
BHPian

Thanks for a quick, but detailed review GTO.

The XUV500 I used to own many moons ago, had an adjustable Rain and light sensor. Maybe, Mahindra has incorporated it into the ScorpioN.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-8208548b2c62448a9ab2eaad51f9ec0b.jpeg  

ValuableRecluse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:44   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
I think Mahindra went too far with the pricing. Especially the 4WD and AT's are very expensive.
Are there any other 4WD AT options available in the market at a lower price?
Old 9th August 2022, 13:10   #1085
e46
BHPian

Very well written @GTO, with some personal touches and frank opinions.

I like this new Scorpio N quite a lot, except for the Xylo-ish back and underbody placement of the spare tyre. This is a much bigger car in proportion compared to the first gen Scorpio.

Drive safe.
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 13:55   #1086
BHPian

Thanks for the review. It appears to be a nice product overall. However for a buyer, the obvious comparison would be with the XUV 700 and the Harrier. How does the Scorpio stack up against these two in the upper end of the options
Old 9th August 2022, 14:06   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Fantastic! Strong positive words by GTO ought to put lot of folks at ease and go ahead with the purchase.
If I was in the market for a car in India, Scorpio N would be at #1 spot on the list after reading the review.
But the insane waiting periods will put off many of those looking for a new car.

The below article says 22 months, how many of us are ready to wait this long?

https://www.telegraphindia.com/busin...on/cid/1878849

Last edited by rakesh_r : 9th August 2022 at 14:08.
Old 9th August 2022, 14:57   #1088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Is this a new addition? The top variant I checked out at launch had just the rudimentary 6 way power adjust for the driver's seat along with a manual knob for lumbar adjust.
You are right. Lumbar adjustment is via a manual knob. Changed it in the review.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2022 at 14:59.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 15:51   #1089
Senior - BHPian

That's a great 3-in-1 review post to read GTO. Happy to read your thoughts about the urban MH monsoonscape, a slurpy delicatessen and of course, the big Dada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValuableRecluse View Post
The XUV500 I used to own many moons ago, had an adjustable Rain and light sensor. Maybe, Mahindra has incorporated it into the ScorpioN.
My 1st gen XUV500 does have this; the wipers misbehave exactly as mentioned by GTO nevertheless. He described it so well, I (being a 500 owner since 2013) actually read it with a grin.

In addition, the wipers always make a sweep when I start my car, even in a hot afternoon and without a single drop of water on windshield. Hence I select auto mode only when it's raining. It is nowhere as efficient or effective as my EcoSport. The Ford has a rain sensor that's truly fire-and-forget. I guess it is a couple of generations better than that of Mahindra's.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 9th August 2022 at 15:53.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 17:52   #1090

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I thank TBHP for approving my membership.

I have a quick question regarding my ScorpioN booking, as I also got the intimation from Mahindra of being in the first 25k booking.

I reached out to my preferred dealership for KYC and was told to share the booking details, and upon sharing the same, the SA told me that the dealership would get intimation only after 15th August and KYC would be done post the intimation.

As I am following this thread closely and have seen that some of the members were able to get confirmation and KYC done, is what I am seeing from my SA should raise any eyebrows? I would not want to lose my under 25k booking due to any oversight on my end. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th August 2022 at 05:39. Reason: Typos; SMS lingo
Mophius is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2022, 18:54   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mophius View Post
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I thank TBHP for approving my membership.

I have quick question wrt to ScorpioN booking, as I also got the intimation from Mahindra of being in first 25k booking.

I reached out to the my preferred dealership for KYC and was told to share the booking details, and upon sharing the same, the SA told that the dealership would get intimation only after 15th August and KYC would be done post the intimation.

As I am following this thread closely and have seen that some of the members were able to get confirmation and KYC done, is what I am seeing fron my SA should raise any eyebrows? I would not want to loose my under 25k booking due to any oversight on my end. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum!

You have nothing to worry. Dealers don't have a list yet of customers who booked their cars under 25000 at their showrooms. I asked my SA and he said that the KYC process will be completed as soon as they receive some sort of communication from Mahindra. I called Mahindra customer care and asked them about this, specifically about the information 'Submit KYC documents within three days of confirmation email.' They asked me to wait till Mahindra confirms the delivery dates and that the dealers will call the buyers. So, the next step for all who booked under 25000 is to wait for Mahindra's communication about delivery dates.

P.S., I too provided my KYC and booking ID to my SA, but he has it with him. It hasn't been registered anywhere in Mahindra's record keeping system.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 19:16   #1092
srh
BHPian

For people who have physically seen the Scorpio N in detail, I have a question. Looking at the outer dimensions Vs interior space, does anyone think it is because they want to keep possibilities of 'born electric'/ hybridization?
Old 9th August 2022, 19:55   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
As I am following this thread closely and have seen that some of the members were able to get confirmation and KYC done, is what I am seeing fron my SA should raise any eyebrows? I would not want to loose my under 25k booking due to any oversight on my end. Thanks.
Welcome buddy.

To be on a safer side, inform/enquire about this to Mahindra customer care through email, so that you'll have a written confirmation on this. Incase you call customer care, record the call & keep it as backup.

In my opinion written confirmation through official email is always better than recorded call.
vnm008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 20:41   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
For people who have physically seen the Scorpio N in detail, I have a question. Looking at the outer dimensions Vs interior space, does anyone think it is because they want to keep possibilities of 'born electric'/ hybridization?
Scorpio being a Body On Frame architecture a Battery electric variant of it is a absolute no-go.
Don't see any chance of it. Not even a hybrid, a small battery on such a huge vehicle is just peanuts.

Last edited by Gaur : 9th August 2022 at 20:44.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 21:06   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Welcome. Looking forward to some awesome content from your side

At the moment, if you ask me, it's all up in the air. I read here that a Dealer told someone that he has been allocated 22 vehicles till the end of the year. I don't know 'how', 'what' and 'why' if this is true

Right now, there are two channels to book, one online and the other through the Dealer, I think the one's who have booked through the Dealer are the ones getting all kinds of confusing information trickling down since the online booking is crystal clear, if you have booked anything below Z8, then 2023 its going to be

I'm sure Mahindra would not move you out of the 25,000 list without intimating you. I am also in the list and I have not yet contacted the Dealer. Still busy and confused finalising which variant to go for and what colour

Right now I have the Z2 diesel manual black booked against my name, don't know if that will change by Independence Day
- I had the silver colour booked first, then thought golden would be nice and rare and wanted to go for it, however the Z2 is available only in white, black and silver. I don't know if black will have a bad resale value but have heard many commenting that the ScorpioN looks best in black [I must be the only one the country who has booked the vehicle, is in the 25,000 but has not yet seen one in the flesh, let alone test driven one]
- The Z2 comes with the de-tuned engine. Don't know if that would be a bad thing in the future. The de-tuned engine would give great mileage and be more reliable but would it again be desirable from a resale point of view. Case in point is the Duster, the 110 has more ready buyers than the 85 in the used car market. Maybe one can easily modify the ECU to the higher Bhp at a later date, but still in the RC its going to show it as the de-tuned model
- If money was not an issue, I would have gone for the Z6 auto diesel 4x4 with sunroof, still don't know if I should be plonking the extra 5-7 lakhs or more
- Hoping that somebody would come up with a slider mechanism for the middle row, that is the absolute need of the hour and if the ScorpioN did not have so much going for it, then the non sliding middle row would have been a deal breaker. Its imperative to get a sliding middle row to make the rear bench useable
- I'm also confused if the ScorpioN will go the Bolero Neo way, meaning be a sales dud since almost everyone buys the Bolero and very few go for the Neo. One might argue that the Neo was not a Bolero in the first place but a TUV masquerading as a Bolero while the ScorpioN is definitely the new Scorpio and I am already reading rumours that the Scorpio Classic will be discontinued in 1-2 years
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed