Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:37   #1306
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Just saw a mail from M&M sent about an hour before about the booking details which says you'll be contacted by the Dealer shortly. Let's see when that "Shortly" call comes. I have booked Dazzling Silver Z8L D AT 4x4 and going by what i have heard that Mahindra has separate assembly lines as per Color and assuming that Silver buyers may not be as high as Black and White, I can expect a call around Nov-Dec time. Let's just hope they do not increase the cost of this variant (I am not in that 25K) by a huge margin which is anyways on a higher side even with the introductory price considered. Fingers crossed. Would want to have it post Dec by all likelihood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
Going by the current status and the way Mahindra has supposedly planned the deliveries, it seems even non price protected bookings will also be delivered in quick succession. Number of bookings may not be as high as Mahindra claims and with cancelled bookings and converted to XUV700 it will be lower further.
Also, some people had booked from multiple sources and multiple numbers, and would eventually buy just 1 out of it. Such numbers could also be considerably higher. Even if these numbers are 30-40%, that becomes a sizable number and probably that is why M&M has still kept the booking open even after reaching so called 1 Lac bookings, removed the option for a day and post consolidation, re-enabled the "Book Now" button again. Hope Bappa brings good news along ..

Last edited by rahulya007 : 22nd August 2022 at 21:43. Reason: added Quote.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 22:38   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Just saw a mail from M&M sent about an hour before about the booking details which says you'll be contacted by the Dealer shortly. Let's see when that "Shortly" call comes. ..
Have been following up with the dealership regularly.
The dealership seems to be apparently clueless as far as Scorpio N booking is concerned.
They have a typical response that they have not received any information from M & M.
Even after I told them about the recent email / text which I received they had no idea.
Old 22nd August 2022, 23:21   #1308

Quote:
Just saw a mail from M&M sent about an hour before about the booking details which says you'll be contacted by the Dealer shortly. Let's see when that "Shortly" call comes.
I too got the email, still believe it would take a few weeks for SA to become aware ( depending upon how enthusiastic they are to chase the booking).

My SA at 'Narain Automobiles at Lucknow' called me to check if I would be willing to book the car and if he can help me with test-drive the vehicle.

When I told him that he already has my booking details, which I had sent to him on WhatsApp, he was clueless and finally was able to mumble that I should wait a few weeks for Mahindra to share details with the dealer.
Old 22nd August 2022, 23:30   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
The dealership seems to be apparently clueless as far as Scorpio N booking is concerned.
They have a typical response that they have not received any information from M & M.
Even after I told them about the recent email / text which I received they had no idea.
Now to add to this, I had visited the Showroom last week and had a bit of chat with the SA. He said, M&M communicates everything to the customer directly instead of the dealer. Dealership is only there to give delivery of the vehicle. Any communication is done directly to the customer, we only do invoice when the vehicle is billed to us.
This possibly signifies that importance of dealerships has reduced to an extent, may be because of wrong practices that they may have followed in the past. One of my friend has booked a Thar and the same dealer gave him free hand to select whatever he wishes to purchase from the menu card. We were talking about Insurance here. He did his own from his friend in 60K instead of the dealer quote of 1.02L. Such is the state of the dealership nowadays and this may not be essentially true with all manufacturers.
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:41   #1310
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Most likely to provide adequate crumple zone in case of rear collision. Might have some sound deadening materials too to reduce noise/vibration.
After your comment, I did feel a bit uneasy thinking of kids sitting in the 3rd row and the impact of a rear collision. The ScorpioN has no boot space to absorb a few inches of impact, though the body sits higher (but again no match for a truck coming from behind). The only savior would be extra underbody grill for the rear and front which would protrude a few inches out.

One question, does the ScorpioN also have a Fiber glass back boot like the XUV? No channel has covered this as far as I remember.
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:05   #1311
SDK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
One question, does the ScorpioN also have a Fiber glass back boot like the XUV? No channel has covered this as far as I remember.
Unlike XUV700, the Scorpio-N rear door is made of steel and not fiber. I checked this during the test drive and also confirmed by the SA.
SDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:08   #1312
BHPian

Quote:

About insurance, you can buy your own and dealer can’t force you to take it from him. You’ll surely save good money. Opt for zero dep, engine cover, driver and passenger cover, return to invoice, tyre cover and if needed key cover.

Zero dep cover can be availed for 5 years i guess. Acko seems to have the lowest premium.
Is there a way to get a model-wise quote from any insurance company that all team-bhp members could avail of? Its a haggle to negotiate with agents, dealers etc - if we all had the best option from 1 company, we could just buy it online?
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:16   #1313
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-ackoscropion.png

I just saw this online, is Acko a valid insurance?

The showroom I have selected has quoted 1.3 lakhs for a a zero-dep policy.
slylenser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 09:22   #1314
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Unlike XUV700, the Scorpio-N rear door is made of steel and not fiber. I checked this during the test drive and also confirmed by the SA.
Amazing, thanks for confirming this!!! Feeling quite relieved (though I also have read the Fiber door of XUV700 is also pretty strong)
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:03   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Now to add to this, I had visited the Showroom last week and had a bit of chat with the SA. He said, M&M communicates everything to the customer directly instead of the dealer. Dealership is only there to give delivery of the vehicle. Any communication is done directly to the customer, we only do invoice when the vehicle is billed to us.
This possibly signifies that importance of dealerships has reduced to an extent, may be because of wrong practices that they may have followed in the past. One of my friend has booked a Thar and the same dealer gave him free hand to select whatever he wishes to purchase from the menu card. We were talking about Insurance here. He did his own from his friend in 60K instead of the dealer quote of 1.02L. Such is the state of the dealership nowadays and this may not be essentially true with all manufacturers.
If that is actually the case, I would like to appreciate Mahindra for this. Else dealers can play whatever games they feel like once the cars arrive their yard in the name of fake bookings done by them. I am ready to wait even longer if delivery is purely determined by Mahindra using whatever algorithm they have. Giving the power to dealers for using the fake bookings to acquire maximum cars is a spoiler in this whole process.
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:13   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Attachment 2349652

I just saw this online, is Acko a valid insurance?

The showroom I have selected has quoted 1.3 lakhs for a a zero-dep policy.
I would avoid acko. Suggest to go with the traditional ones at least for new car. They are also competitive..
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:32   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
Is there a way to get a model-wise quote from any insurance company that all team-bhp members could avail of? Its a haggle to negotiate with agents, dealers etc - if we all had the best option from 1 company, we could just buy it online?
Yes, visit Acko, HDFC-Ergo, Coverfox, even ICICI Lombard for getting quotes based on your selected model. Initially when i was checking, most of the sites were not having their listings updated for N. Acko was not having a Zero-Dep policy few days back, now they have updated it. Acko is a valid option and they possibly have the lowest premium among others, though I am not promoting them in any way. They say they do not have the middle-men to pay commission and hence they provide the lowest premium. Ads also play on TV and you can verify with IRDAI for their genuineness.

Likewise, Chola mandalam, Reliance General Insurance are also there from whom you can take quotes and decide who gives best coverage. Infact, New India has the lowest premium but unfortunately, they do not provide cashless facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
After your comment, I did feel a bit uneasy thinking of kids sitting in the 3rd row and the impact of a rear collision. The ScorpioN has no boot space to absorb a few inches of impact, though the body sits higher (but again no match for a truck coming from behind). The only savior would be extra underbody grill for the rear and front which would protrude a few inches out.

No offences here, but bro.. i think you are thinking too much. Even in worst case scenario, if there is a rear impact, the whole body structure absorbs the shock. Also, as confirmed, the boot door is indeed metal and not fiber like XUV700. Rest assured, Mahindra has got one of the toughest build quality and I am experiencing it for the last 9-10 years. 6 years back, I had a pile up (which typically happens during 1st lane braking), i banged a first gen Santro, who was just recovering from a frontal impact with a VW Polo or a Punto and i literally banged at about 40-50 Kmph speed. Fortunately, no one tailed me..

First thing i saw after getting down was to check for any liquid leak from radiator etc., but there was none. Next day when i went to the body-shop, it was only the front bumper, left headlight, a dent on the bonnet and a dented bulk-head which had to be replaced. Absolutely no damage to radiator, condenser and other parts. That day, i decided I would only buy an Indian product for its build quality. Rest assured, you and your family will still be safe in a Mahindra or Tata than any other brand. The Santro owner was shaken to the bone but..his car was absolutely immobile post the impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
If that is actually the case, I would like to appreciate Mahindra for this. Else dealers can play whatever games they feel like once the cars arrive their yard in the name of fake bookings done by them. I am ready to wait even longer if delivery is purely determined by Mahindra using whatever algorithm they have. Giving the power to dealers for using the fake bookings to acquire maximum cars is a spoiler in this whole process.
There might have been some bad taste in Mahindra's mouth to have started this practice which also ensures good business practices and trust of the customer. Dealers become helpless and only earn the margin money. It may still be possible that lower models are still sold via dealership and not online as we have seen just N and XUV being sold via online bookings. May be M&M is trying to manage premium customers this way.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:39   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Good to know. I checked with my service advisor and he says that they still don't have a clue about any bookings made for their showroom. He asked me to wait for a few days.
?
Quote:
This possibly signifies that importance of dealerships has reduced to an extent, may be because of wrong practices that they may have followed in the past.
Please do not take the words of the SA on face value. M&M communicates everything with the dealers - only thing is that the information is guarded by the top management and the SA is only provided information on need to know basis. So if the SA is clueless, then personally go and meet the GM-Sales of the dealership - he must be having all the information/ communication. Better still get the number of the M&M area sales manager (ASM) from the dealer and talk to him.

Similar issues have been faced by many of us during the delivery of the XUV 700. By 20th - 25th of every month the dealers receive a list of all the deliveries that are scheduled for the next month and this is a regular procedure for M&M.

You would wonder how I know all this ? When the delivery date of my XUV 700 passed and the SA was clueless I had lodged a mail to M&M - CRM. From the very next day each and every bit of information was shared with me both by the GM-Sales (dealer) and the ASM (M&M) till receipt of the car at the dealership.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:02   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
I would avoid acko.
Any specific reason? I have have been using them and did not have any issues. Though yet to make any claim until now.
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:30   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Any specific reason? I have have been using them and did not have any issues. Though yet to make any claim until now.
The problem I faced was when the actual cost went over the initial estimate. Getting that sorted was a big hassle. If there are no claims then all are good!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks