Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2024, 13:36   #3511
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Did you guys know that Mahindra doesn't provide even a basic floor mat with the Scorpio, XUV and Thar ? I was at the dealership a while back to get the delivery of the car and I was surprised to see no mats. I never expected the mats to be not there. So I did not opt for 3D or 7D mats as I don't like them anyway. Now the dealership says the mats have to come from somewhere. So I just had to walk out after asking them to call me when the mats are available. Is this how all cars are sold these days ? I am surprised !!

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 19th April 2024 at 13:45.
Old 19th April 2024, 16:04   #3512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Did you guys know that Mahindra doesn't provide even a basic floor mat with the Scorpio, XUV and Thar ? I was at the dealership a while back to get the delivery of the car and I was surprised to see no mats. I never expected the mats to be not there. So I did not opt for 3D or 7D mats as I don't like them anyway. Now the dealership says the mats have to come from somewhere. So I just had to walk out after asking them to call me when the mats are available. Is this how all cars are sold these days ? I am surprised !!
No mats as in? There is only a basic floor carpet over the floor metal. That is how most cars come from factory. Earlier dealers used to prove the rubber mats as complimentary stuff along with mud flaps/ steering covers, seat covers etc. However, now most of these stuff come as a part of some 'basic accessory kit' and is priced quite expensive compared to the market, so forget dealer giving it away for free now! Mahindra must also be having some basic kit as such for floor mats. If not, get one from outside which suits your taste and budget rather than going with the OE 'nothing to choose' set up.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 17:59   #3513
BHPian

You are right. Looks like none of these are given now. But I expected a basic mat. I should have been more updated about today's car market. This is my 8th car (over a period of time) and it is the first time I was presented a car for delivery without floor mats. That is why I felt a little weird. Anyway, they gave me one and did not charge extra. Just took the delivery and came back to office. Cheers to all.
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 23:11   #3514
Senior - BHPian

I didn't know where to drop this information. Thought the official review page would be apt. Mods feel free to move as appropriate.

Article mentions a new Scorpio N which had about 270 kms odd on the odometer had a failed steering case on a highway. Luckily the entire family managed to escape from this precarious situation, thanks to almighty and the driver's sensible way of handling the situation without causing much panic. Report states he's opted for a full refund. However, this indeed causes concerns. Don't think any level of PDI will include going into these depths to find out if the concerned part that might come loose or be missing altogether.

Video is also in the link posted below.

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-scor...near-miss/amp/

Quote:
The owner of the Scorpio N was traveling with his family on a highway, heading to visit a temple. As they were driving, the SUV was maintaining a speed of over 80 kmph when suddenly the steering failed.

The driver of the SUV remained calm and managed to bring the vehicle to a stop before it could crash into any other vehicles. The SUV did veer onto the median before coming to a stop. The SUV owner was fortunate that the vehicle did not cross the median and end up on the other side of the road, where the chances of another vehicle crashing into the Scorpio N would have been high.

The driver was able to put the car in reverse and bring it back onto the road. However, the steering wheel of the SUV was unresponsive. In the video shared by the owner, we can see him turning the steering wheel left and right, but the wheels were not turning. This situation was extremely dangerous, and the owner was lucky to escape unhurt.

Last edited by gururajrv : 20th April 2024 at 23:12.
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 00:10   #3515
BHPian

My Oct 2022 Scorpio N Diesel AT Z8L was due for 20k service. The service was done last Saturday. In addition to regular service, some points to note:

A) When the brake pads were opened for cleaning, the rear brake pads had worn out. This is my 3rd Mahindra vehicle and I've never had to change a rear brake pad before 50k kms but it had to be done now.

B) The air filter was so dirty, it had to be changed when the recommended change is at 40k kms I think.

C) There was a recall for alternator pulley, which was replaced.

D) My steering would make a grating noise, which was fixed by replacing the rack.

E) Software update done

The vehicle was driving good as new, but the thrill lasted only a few hours, before a stone hit the front windshield and cracked it. The small crack is slowly expanding, not.sure it can be stopped in any way. Any ideas?
Old 21st April 2024, 11:09   #3516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post

The vehicle was driving good as new, but the thrill lasted only a few hours, before a stone hit the front windshield and cracked it. The small crack is slowly expanding, not.sure it can be stopped in any way. Any ideas?
Usually the way to arrest a crack propagation is to drill a hole at the end point of it. But not so sure about drilling a glass. Best option would be to change it under insurance.
Old 21st April 2024, 13:10   #3517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
My Oct 2022 Scorpio N Diesel AT Z8L was due for 20k service. The service was done last Saturday. In addition to regular service, some points to note:

A) When the brake pads were opened for cleaning, the rear brake pads had worn out. This is my 3rd Mahindra vehicle and I've never had to change a rear brake pad before 50k kms but it had to be done now.

B) The air filter was so dirty, it had to be changed when the recommended change is at 40k kms I think.

C) There was a recall for alternator pulley, which was replaced.

D) My steering would make a grating noise, which was fixed by replacing the rack.

E) Software update done

A) Scorpio N is a large and heavy vehicle with very strong brakes. Probably the strongest brakes on a Mahindra, which might explain the early brake wear. You may need to alter your driving style accordingly.
B) This can be highly variable. It depends on various factors such as the environment where you are driving the vehicle. For example, in hilly regions, air filters last much longer.
D) This seems to be a common issue. Glad to see you have got it replaced.
I'd suggest you to replace the windshield and be done with it.
Old 21st April 2024, 13:24   #3518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
A)
I'd suggest you to replace the windshield and be done with it.
I wish it could.be done with so easily.

Replacing the windshield should.be easy, but how does one get back the sticker that came along with the number plate? Is that even compulsory?

And then one has to replace the Fastag, various RFID acces tags etc, a lot of work. And the worst fear - the condition of the gurgaon roads is so bad, it won't be long before another stone...
Old 23rd April 2024, 10:47   #3519

For both the number plate sticker & the Fastag you can get replacement sticker / RFID. Yes, there is a charge, but you can get them done. Enquire with your ASC to get the details.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd April 2024 at 10:52.
Old 24th April 2024, 14:14   #3520

Hi All, I would like to know if OBD2 scanner need to be attached to the vehicle as & when needed or i can keep it attached always? I just bought one and was training myself to use it when stuck in a deserted place. Right now i don't even know if that works. By the way, have posted a few pics and a small video for your viewing pleasure from a recent trip.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC61...2DFVQT_K0xxLCg
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20240424-1.29.51-pm-1.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20240424-1.29.50-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20240424-1.29.51-pm.jpeg  

Templeoflou is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 11:35   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templeoflou View Post
Hi All, I would like to know if OBD2 scanner need to be attached to the vehicle as & when needed or i can keep it attached always? I just bought one and was training myself to use it when stuck in a deserted place. Right now i don't even know if that works. By the way, have posted a few pics and a small video for your viewing pleasure from a recent trip.

https://www.Youtube.com/channel/UC61...2DFVQT_K0xxLCg
Either way it should be fine, it's basically a reader. But keeping it connected continuously may have adverse effect on the car and phone battery also. Use any free software and you should be able to get that connected to the scanner via mobile and once it connects, you will see the readings and error logs which you can clear via the software interface.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 14:10   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Either way it should be fine, it's basically a reader. But keeping it connected continuously may have adverse effect on the car and phone battery also. Use any free software and you should be able to get that connected to the scanner via mobile and once it connects, you will see the readings and error logs which you can clear via the software interface.
Hi. Was looking for a similar solution. Basically, my requirement was to permanently set up an android screen to monitor engine parameters through the OBD interface over Bluetooth. The OBD would remain permanently connected as well as the secondary screen. Any suggestions for the hardware as well as the setup?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks