Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:10   #166
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Thanks for sharing the observations mate.

This above is suprising and quite the opposite of what the picture in this post by @nerd1200 suggests, where the complaint was of too much headroom and the seat not being high enough, leading to a poor view. Almsot sounds like Mahindra using differnet seat heights

On a realted note, as mentioned in the Choosing an SUV thread, I have had an issue in the XUV700 passenger seat as well. My head touches the ceiling speaker if I sit without a slouch and bend forward. Though only 6' I'm not one with long legs and do have a long torso. Ingress and Egress to the passenger side is an issue too due to a high seat, as the aperture between the seat and top of door opening is insufficent. Bending forward too is an issue due to the A pillar slanting quite a bit, presumably for aerodynamic purposes. I hope the ScorpioN is better.
By the looks of the head rests in the picture, it seems the seats are at the same height. Rather, it's the driver and passenger differ in height.

Meanwhile, I figured, the Z8 2WD and Z8 4WD are the most value for money variants to go for.

5-seater variant could have been at least 30k cheaper as well.
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
This is intentionally-designed by MM and not an oversight. The "purpose" of a lack of boot space is to discourage taxi registrations.
Thanks for the perspective, mate. Makes sense. Took me back to the days when Toyota Kirloskar stopped a hugely popular Qualis as it ended up getting a taxi image and Toyota didn't want it's brand associated such. Was a bit of a shocker to see a car as popular to be stopped in those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Thank you for this post, I finally got a logical response for the intentional lack of boot space, that seems to be perfectly fine for non-taxi buyers

After all it cannot be due to any technical limitation to provide the boot space for such capable OEMs.
I suspect it is for a combination of reasons. If other factors were not at play, Mahindra could well have made the car longer and given more legroom in the second/third rows. Design decisions are often a combination of multiple factors pulling in different directions, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Thanks for the inputs Buddy ...
Given my minimal running and to avoid the pitfalls of future Diesel engine bans in other metros, I have decided to go for the Petrol variant. And XUV700 AT fits the bill for being more fun, comfortable and easier to drive.
It is a very tough decision to not select the new Scorpio ...
Most welcome, mate
Yes, the petrol XUV700 does seem to be the most logical choice for you, but again I'd say, anyone considering both should at least wait for a TD to make a final call (unless they already have a non-negotiable deal breaker or are pushed to decide right away). The Innova and more so Hexa too are BoF and RWD; also that people experience cars differently.

One reason I haven't walked into a Mahindra Showroom is to minimize biases before driving the ScorpioN, to then be able to take a more fair call. Letting my first experience of the car be the TD one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
By the looks of the head rests in the picture, it seems the seats are at the same height. Rather, it's the driver and passenger differ in height.
The seat height remark was in humour, mate
I was just surprised at the contrasting experience of the passenger seat. Will report my experience once I TD it (on the Choosing and SUV thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Interview with Veejay Nakra, ... https://Youtu.be/oCM-mxy28Gk
Thanks for this. He mentions 6000 vehicles per month from day 1. The difference between XUV700 supply and ScropioN being that the former's launch was planned before the pandemic hit and they had to adapt along the way, and the ScorpioN has been launched knowing the situation as it exists. Hopefully, the waiting will be a lot lesser for this one, and hopefully due to a shift of bookings from the XUV700, the waiting of that too will come down.

Last edited by Poitive : 3rd July 2022 at 16:57. Reason: Added reply to Venkatesh.
Poitive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 17:21   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
The seat height remark was in humour, mate
I was just surprised at the contrasting experience of the passenger seat. Will report my experience once I TD it (on the Choosing and SUV thread)
Haha. I suspected the same.

By the way, I found a picture with the full boot of ScorpioN without 3rd row folded.

I wonder how these guys were able to fit a trolley bag behind the 3rd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Haha. I suspected the same.

By the way, I found a picture with the full boot of ScorpioN without 3rd row folded.

I wonder how these guys were able to fit a trolley bag behind the 3rd row.
A better video view of the 3rd row with a trolley bag.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxbgwYMah...kRZw8lcDp2zc6_
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_2022070314515997_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_2022070319391854_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 4th July 2022 at 10:53. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
fazalmirza is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 21:31   #169
Senior - BHPian

Given that the ScorpioN looks great and has great engines, transmissions and rides well also, one area it falls woefully short is in the seating and interior packaging: Almost zilch boot space for a car of this size, no sliding middle row and 3 rd row is cramped and knees up position. Given these compromises I think Mahindra should also offer a 5 seat option and a sliding middle row to do away with these idiosyncrasies. However good the petrol may be to drive, it's better to stay away given the fuel efficiency. Pick of the lot would be a diesel automatic. Lovely review, TFS!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:04   #170
BHPian

Choosing color to book.

Though white has been a dominant color with Scorpios we see on road (atleast in NCR) I found rare to no video, post or mention of white color with Scorpio N. I am torn between black, white and green. Saw black and Green in person over this weekend. But White is nowhere to be found.
It has been white for all the cars I have owned so far. Its very easy to maintain but a lot depends on paint quality. In my case Figo and Polo's paint has retained well even after 5 years but nothing much to say about Punto's paint. Is anybody aware how Mahindra's white ages? Also any thoughts on green color, how difficult or easier it will be to maintain over black in dusty conditions of NCR?
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:15   #171
BHPian

Hi all

Is anyone having any clue that what should the booking algorithm that we need to follow to fall in first 25k.

Will the addition to cart starting tomorrow 11:00 be the time in consideration by Mahindra to count the 25k
OR
It’ll be decided by who makes the payment first on 30th July.

What is the exact process to be followed in ADD TO CART 🛒 tomorrow.
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:17   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Choosing color to book.

Though white has been a dominant color with Scorpios we see on road (atleast in NCR) I found rare to no video, post or mention of white color with Scorpio N. I am torn between black, white and green. Saw black and Green in person over this weekend
Exactly the predicament i am having. Heart says Black while mind says white because of the ease of maintenance. I may settle for the green one, the green tinge is too subtle in my opinion, had it been more pronounced it would have looked much better. I am also holding grand canyon as a wild card, wishing it turns out to be more like mystic copper of Thar rather than orange of XUV500.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:18   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Hi all

Is anyone having any clue that what should the booking algorithm that we need to follow to fall in first 25k.

Will the addition to cart starting tomorrow 11:00 be the time in consideration by Mahindra to count the 25k
OR
It’ll be decided by who makes the payment first on 30th July.

What is the exact process to be followed in ADD TO CART 🛒 tomorrow.
Add to cart has nothing to do with deciding the queue. It will be governed by placing the order. The obvious question being, why such a long window for add to cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
Exactly the predicament i am having. Heart says Black while mind says white because of the ease of maintenance. I may settle for the green one, the green tinge is too subtle in my opinion, had it been more pronounced it would have looked much better. I am also holding grand canyon as a wild card, wishing it turns out to be more like mystic copper of Thar rather than orange of XUV500.
Somehow I never thought of black in past car purchases as practicality always kicked in. But it seems dark color is hard to resist with this one.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th July 2022 at 10:53. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:26   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Add to cart has nothing to do with deciding the queue. It will be governed by placing the order. The obvious question being, why such a long window for add to cart
Hopefully you must be right. But unfortunately the SA at Dwarka showroom said something else.
He said that first 25k add to cart would get this price.

I seriously fail to understand this difference between add to cart and payment of booking amount period of 25 days.
Old 3rd July 2022, 22:46   #175
BHPian

Quote:
The obvious question being, why such a long window for add to cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoDido View Post
Hopefully you must be right. But unfortunately the SA at Dwarka showroom said something else.
He said that first 25k add to cart would get this price.

I seriously fail to understand this difference between add to cart and payment of booking amount period of 25 days.
As I heard Mr. Veejay Nakra saying in one of the interviews, the Add to Cart will be used by Mahindra to gauge the demand for variants and colours so that they can plan the production cycle efficiently.

The SA told me that they are asking everyone to do 'add to cart' from 5th July and then will collect booking amount and KYC details from everyone so that they can punch in the bookings from their portal on 30th July.

Last edited by Knightrider : 3rd July 2022 at 23:16.
Knightrider is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 23:13   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
A... the Add to Cart will be used by Mahindra to judge the demand for variants and colours so that they can plan the production cycle efficiently.

The SA told me that they are asking everyone to do 'add to cart' from 5th July and then will collect booking amount...
Exactly this is what I learnt from the dealership too in addition to this:

Mahindra has learned some hard lessons from the booking process of the 700 and they do not want to repeat the mistakes by any chance. The Add to cart is unconditional. The sole purpose of it is analytics; the user-generated date is gauged for variant + color demand per dealership. Mahindra also wants and expects the cart user to amend the choice as he/she wish and ample time is provided for.

My guess: maybe they can use some Data Science to predict cancellations based on such amend patterns?

Mahindra will formalize business only after the cart window closes, by asking KYC docs and booking amount.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 3rd July 2022 at 23:21.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 23:23   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay3832 View Post
Hello Everyone! Had 2 questions:
1. Can anyone explain the watts linkage and its advantage (read somewhere that the Endeavour had this and could be one of the reasons for it's superior ride quality for a BoF SUV).
I was also trying to understand the watts linkage. Found a very good video explanation.

rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 00:14   #178
BHPian

SA of nearby dealership discouraged me to handover cheque for booking and infact was pushing me to go with online booking only, just asked me to share KYC docs and said will ask for RTGS if I want to go with dealer booking. So it seems maybe online booking is being given more preference after XUV700 episode. Anyone else had similar experience?
Old 4th July 2022, 00:29   #179
BHPian

With so much discussed over here regarding the 3rd row and how its rendered useless as no split seats and they tumble forward eating up 40% of boot space, did any one see the layout of curtain airbags in brochure?

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20220702-1.23.48-am.jpeg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-whatsapp-image-20220702-1.23.49-am.jpeg

So in XUV7OO the curtain airbags reach the 3rd row while in the ever caring Daddy the they end in 2nd row itself.

Also major concern is the absence of the most important airbag: Driver's Knee even in the top most variant. No AC vents for 3rd row too. Such a step motherly treatment with 3rd row..! Why mahindra why?

With all these I really hope Mahindra rethinks and gives us one additional variant with 5 seats and proper flat boot. Flat boot can be created by adding a partition over the dips in the boot.
SportsMedicine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 01:37   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
However good the petrol may be to drive, it's better to stay away given the fuel efficiency. Pick of the lot would be a diesel automatic. Lovely review, TFS!
Do we have an idea of what mileage to expect from the Diesel? Any reviews covering this please? I have seen one where they put to test the petrol variant on a long highway drive and it returned 10-11 Kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks