Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 01:27   #796
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
does Z8L come with an inbuilt Amplifier which will be missing in Z8 ? Will all features of the Adrenox work in Z8 like it will in Z8L ? Can we install the missing speakers without installing any additional amplifier etc. ? I would seriously not want to do any fiddling with a brand new vehicle especially wiring etc.
Assuming the audio setup is similar to XUV700, the luxury variant comes with a 13-channel amplifier which will most likely be absent in the lower trim. What you can do if you don’t want to mess with wiring is upgrade the co-axials to better quality ones such as the JL audio C1 and get proper damping in all doors. That will improve the audio quality significantly.

As for Adrenox, Mahindra doesn’t seem to be putting in artificial limits to the adrenox features, all limitations between variants are strictly hardware related, such as AT or EPB being required for remote start.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 01:44   #797
BHPian

I feel you bro but 3 point seat belts can be retrofitted. Even the XUV 300 which used to come with 3 point seat belts now a days comes with a lap belt and these can be professionally installed. Check out youtube.

Most disappointing deal breaker for me is the absence of the curtain airbag coverage for the third row.

This half curtain airbag in the top end Z8 is what people get for a Rs 2.4lakh premium over the Z6. Velu sir are you reading this?

And this is the place where kids sit and there is no airbag coverage or a 3 point seat belt for the 2nd row middle seat.

It is going to probably going to cost a 10K extra for the manufacturer but then why short change the kids.

For me a sure dealbreaker. Initial response might be huge bookings on day1 but demand is no where going to be what we saw for the 7OO. The pricing is ridiculous for the automatics/4x4/z8.

Z6 petrol 2wd would have been the best vfm but then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Does the middle row in Z4 diesel come with a lap seat belt for middle-seat passenger? I am considering the Z4 D MT 4WD but it's a dealbreaker if the middle-seat lap belt is absent. The M&M showroom salesperson was interested to push the top models and did not have enough info on Z4. Also, on an unrelated note, nowadays all car showrooms seem to share 'digital' e-brochures. I quite like the old-fashioned colorful brochure booklets. It was fun to go through them at leisure and fantasize about the cars being driven in different scenarios. Am I the only one who misses those booklets?

If you are quoting the youtube ETU guy, trust me ignore the banter from these guys. These youtube vlogger guys get free stuff from karol bagh guys to bad mouth and push inferior chinese accessories. Please google paper cone speakers and they are more premium and have better acoustics. I feel you get the message, they price in calling themselves influencers for a reason :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Friends, help me understand a bit here..

I have added Z8L D AT 4x4 in my cart but had a query in mind about the 12 speaker system. I have seen videos where the Sony speakers are of inferior quality and many XUV7OO owners have upgraded their speakers for better output.

Last edited by pandabear : 30th July 2022 at 01:56.
pandabear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 02:27   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post

Most disappointing deal breaker for me is the absence of the curtain airbag coverage for the third row.

This half curtain airbag in the top end Z8 is what people get for a Rs 2.4lakh premium over the Z6. Velu sir are you reading this?

And this is the place where kids sit and there is no airbag coverage or a 3 point seat belt for the 2nd row middle seat.

It is going to probably going to cost a 10K extra for the manufacturer but then why short change the kids.

For me a sure dealbreaker. Initial response might be huge
Considering the design of Scorpio N with side opening door, initially Mahindra's thought process might be to add side facing seat, which can happen in future based on market research. But providing curtain airbags till 3rd row would mean, when the airbags deploy and explode to inflate, it might end up causing sever injury to 3rd row side facing passenger. Now designing 2 different curtain airbag system would mean lot of moving parts and control variable, which might necessitate additional crash testing for homologation for them to receive type approval. This exercise is a lot expensive. This probably might be the reason why they skipped the 3rd curtain airbag.

Thanks,
Sid
Wakeupsid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 07:44   #799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Considering the design of Scorpio N with side opening door, initially Mahindra's thought process might be to add side facing seat, which can happen in future based on market research.
Sid
Side facing rear seats cannot happen, as they are not compatible with the GNCAP crash test protocol. Even with the Thar, Mahindra had discontinued the model with the side facing seats right before the 4 star rating was publicly announced.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 08:19   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Does the middle row in Z4 diesel come with a lap seat belt for middle-seat passenger? I am considering the Z4 D MT 4WD but it's a dealbreaker if the middle-seat lap belt is absent. The M&M showroom salesperson was interested to push the top models and did not have enough info on Z4. Also, on an unrelated note, nowadays all car showrooms seem to share 'digital' e-brochures. I quite like the old-fashioned colorful brochure booklets. It was fun to go through them at leisure and fantasize about the cars being driven in different scenarios. Am I the only one who misses those booklets?
Regarding the seat belts, AFAIK you can't sell a car in India without seat belts for front facing passengers. I'm sure that the ScorpioN also has one. But I agree about the e-brochures. And the worst thing is that since the brochures are size optimised for sending through whatsapp, the image quality is terrible. So when you zoom in to see the pics, you see this:

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20220730-082719.png

Come on guys, at least have a high res version available for download..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid
Considering the design of Scorpio N with side opening door, initially Mahindra's thought process might be to add side facing seat, which can happen in future based on market research.
Looking at the dimensions and how little boot space is left after the third row in the ScorpioN, I think that it was initially designed with the side facing seats in mind as a 5+2, likely because they wanted shorter overhangs for better off-road performance, and didn't want to go overboard on the wheelbase for the same reason. Remember that the new Thar and the ScorpioN were designed side by side with same drivetrains and share the same chassis as well, only longer or shorter.

The Thar was also initially offered with the side facing seats but when they were warned that it would severely drop the GNCAP ratings, they simply stopped the base models that had them. There are also several test ScorpioNs still running around with side facing seats, probably early prototypes, which were caught on spy shots.

The width of the ScorpioN means that the side facing seats would have had more space than in in the older Scorpio or TUV, and the area in between would have been sufficient to offer good luggage space as well, especially at first glance. This would also explain the lack of amenities for the third row, like dedicated AC vents.

Another thing that severely limited Mahindra is their pricing. They had to undercut the XUV700 as it was a more premium product, but they also had to do it while retaining the 7 seats value proposition. IMO this has forced them to hold off on some features till the next revision, like better comfort for 3rd row passengers, or a more flexible seating arrangement, like split seats in 3rd row, or additional AC vents, and yes, full airbags. I'm thinking that they're already evaluating the user feedback on this and are on the drawing board for the next revision, so don't be shy with your feedback, guys..

Last edited by vivekgk : 30th July 2022 at 08:28.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 09:56   #801
BHPian

Teaser from Mahindra with regards to the Opening of Scorpio N bookings.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-da5693769bb34967a14f8aaa72281b6e.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 10:19   #802
BHPian

How does one know what their position of booking is or if they are in the 25000 - are the booking numbers going to be in serial order?
Old 30th July 2022, 10:33   #803
BHPian

Hi friends

Any idea where would we get Payment Link or Tab in the Add to cart for booking.

Thanks in advance
Old 30th July 2022, 10:36   #804
BHPian

Wow. The fastest finger game is starting soon. All the best to the folks in the game.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 30th July 2022 at 10:47.
ajayc123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 10:44   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slylenser View Post
How does one know what their position of booking is or if they are in the 25000 - are the booking numbers going to be in serial order?
From what I can recall after reading the experiences from XUV7OO bookings, both BUY button and price could be deactivated after 25K bookings are done.

I am not 100% sure but anyone here with XUV7OO booking experience can confirm
Old 30th July 2022, 10:53   #806
BHPian

I have successfully removed myself from this fastest finger fast race. All the best guys. Just now got this message:
Hi ANDY, You have successfully removed the All-New Scorpio-N from your cart. If you wish to add it again, please reach out to your Dealer Sales Consultant. TnC Apply. Team Mahindra
Old 30th July 2022, 10:57   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Wow. The fastest finger game is starting soon. All the best to the folks in the game.
Kind of funny for a 20+ lacs game that I have to clear my saturday first half just for this..
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:04   #808
BHPian

Within 30 sec of 11am, got the message all spots are booked, your booking will now be in general category (or something), and then bad gateway so payment wouldn't go through.

MOD NOTE : Please go through Posting Etiquettes before making any further post on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th July 2022 at 11:27. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:05   #809
BHPian

They can’t be serious. Clicked exactly when the booking opened. It said bad gateway and then just woosh.

I am certain it’s the 700 booking process all over again.

You can clearly see the time of orders being full.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-c7016443d7474a7fb176405dfe704e05.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:05   #810
HTC
BANNED

As exptectd, the payment page become unresponsive in less than a minute.
Tried again to book online, got 502 Bad gateway error.
Soo thats all folks. 25k booking are over. Hope dealer booking go through.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks