Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 11:21   #826
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

So I clicked Book Now at exactly 11am and reached the Payment Gateway where after entering my Visa card details, the Proceed Now button stayed greyed out. Went back and tried Net Banking which was also down. Then the gateway stayed down for the next 12 minutes by when Mahindra declared that the first 25k bookings were done. Quite a scam I must say!

At 11:15, payment gateway finally went online again and as expected Visa payment gateway was down. Amex not supported but luckily Net Banking ICICI went through. Booked the vehicle at non-introductory prices.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-capture.png
rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:21   #827
BHPian

I was able to get through the booking just 2-3 mins back…

Hi RAHUL KORDE, Congratulations on booking your Big Daddy of SUVs, All-New Scorpio-N. Please find below details of your SUV: SCORPIO N, Z8L D AT 4WD, in DAZZLING SILVER . Looking forward to having you in the Mahindra family.

The details of the booking shows the price at the time of delivery as Rs. 23,90000/-

Last edited by rahulya007 : 30th July 2022 at 11:22. Reason: Adding text
Old 30th July 2022, 11:23   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
I was able to get through the booking just 2-3 mins back…

Hi RAHUL KORDE, Congratulations on booking your Big Daddy of SUVs, All-New Scorpio-N. Please find below details of your SUV: SCORPIO N, Z8L D AT 4WD, in DAZZLING SILVER . Looking forward to having you in the Mahindra family.

The details of the booking shows the price at the time of delivery as Rs. 23,90000/-
Did you get a message or pop up that its outside 25k bookings, I did not get that and i am at payment page.

Saw post booking its giving the message in the above posts.

Last edited by Dushie : 30th July 2022 at 11:26.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:24   #829
BHPian

Dashed in exactly at 11:00 am, entered the payment gateway filled in card details but checkout button stuck since then.

This is poor work from Mahindra, deliberate I feel.
How can the dealers get bookings done in bulk whereas common folks can't?

EDIT : Happened to go through the booking process, and booked Z8 Petrol.
It says price at time of delivery would be applicable.

I saw the same message at 11:00:05, literally seconds after the booking opened, how is even possible that all 25k units were booked within 5seconds
you simply can't go through the process/payment gateway so soon.

something wrong here.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2022 at 19:44. Reason: SMS lingo
Gaur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:25   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
It is going through now, though there is the caveat "prices at the time of delivery will be applicable"

Booked Napoli black Z8 4WD AT.
Hmm, all the queuing from dealer's end would have gone through first. We were given a clue by BHPian who visited the Mysuru showroom. If we extrapolate that number - M&M is done for this year and the next year.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:27   #831
BHPian

I have done the booking through the dealer. I got the confirmation sms at 11:06. It is mentioned that price at delivery will be applicable in both sms and email. I am not sure if my booking is within the first 25K.

How do we figure it out? Has anyone received any message mentioning the same?

I have opted for Z8 D MT 4WD, Napoli Black. The dealer got the colour right but for a different variant. This is not worrying since we have 15 days to correct it.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:28   #832
BHPian

Mine booking also says price applicable at time of delivery. So I guess I am not in top 25K.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:31   #833
BHPian

MOD NOTE : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I was logged in from 11:57am & clicked on "Book Now" the moment it showed the red banner (While booking, in the beginning of the first 1 minute, the website had a Red Banner that said "Introductory Pricing for the first 25000 bookings"). Google-Cloud took 10-12 seconds to respond and threw up a "502 Bad Gateway" error.

Logged in again within the same minute and it still showed the same red banner, but again the same "502 Bad Gateway" error after clicking Book Now.

The third attempt within 11:01am , said "Price as per delivery will be applicable to you", still clicked Book Now, and IIRC I got an "504 Error - Timed Out".
Exactly my experience. I think a random draw would have been much better. This experience leaves a bad taste.

Is there anyone who has successfully booked with introductory prices online ?

Last edited by Sheel : 30th July 2022 at 11:35. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:32   #834
BHPian

Yo Yo Yo !!! Scorpio is booked ! 2024 delivery ?

This was an emotional coaster-ride. Logged in at 10:55 am. I was not as tensed even when i appeared for my class 10 boards. Got the 'Book Now' option exactly at 11:00 a.m. and i was almost near the moon. Clicked..took me to payment gateway page. It will not show anything....refreshed...then the options came up. Chose netbanking and the wonderful message came : Bad payment gateway This is at 11:01 am.

Went to cart again and clicked on 'Book Now' and then the next sweet message came up something like : Introductory price over or something and the prices at time of booking will be applicable. I was like Thanks. You've made my day. This is just before 11:02 am.

After initial jolt,regained my senses and tried booking again. Again bad gateway multiple times till 11:13. Then changed variant to Petrol and the booking went through.Just might be a coincidence.Would'nt read much into the petrol-diesel selection.

Now will wait till end 2023 maybe. Proud of you Mahindra. The land which gave 'zero' has now also changed definitions. Now 1 min = 1 month.15 mins = 15 months.

I now comfort myself with the khatta angur syndrome :" Good that i was not in the first 25000..now i will get it probably at end of next year when all issues will be sorted.Im soooo happy !! "

As for the dealers getting preference,i might be in the minority when i say that probably that's fine. End of the day its their bread and butter. We had the choice.

Last edited by Ram78 : 30th July 2022 at 11:57.
Ram78 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:32   #835
BHPian

Even booking the car at 11:08 Prices at time of delivery is showed in the confirmation. What about cancellations and multiple bookings done by dealers and customers online. even if we consider 10% cancelations and 10% duplicate bookings will the next 5000 customers have the price security.

A very confusing process for a company which wants to be the best in the industry.

But still the stress and flipkart like mobile sale aside. cant wait for the beast.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-20220730-11.23.32-am.png
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:36   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post

I saw the same message at 11:00:05, literally seconds after the booking opened, how is even possible that all 25k units were booked within 5seconds
you simply cant go thru the process/payment gateway so soon.

something wrong here.
I'm sure all booking of first 25k have gone through dealership only. It is possible for them. They don't need to make payment and have separate platform. Bulk entry punch also may be possible for them though I'm not sure about bulk entry.

My SA told me each dealership had Some quota in first 25k and he was quite confident all along about my punching within first 25000.
Arinmech is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:37   #837
BHPian

I am 100% certain the issue consumers are facing is because of bulk bookings being done by dealers. The dealers have a separate portal + they don't need to wait for payment confirmations.

Once again Mahindra has failed to keep a level playing field. It is grossly unfair to customers who diligently followed the entire process, clicked through at exactly 11am and yet failed to get their slot. Such a shame, I hope people take this up with Mahindra seriously.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2022 at 19:45. Reason: Typo
Tanmay007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 11:40   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinmech View Post
I'm sure all booking of first 25k have gone through dealership only. It is possible for them. They don't need to make payment and have separate platform. Bulk entry punch also may be possible for them though I'm not sure about bulk entry.

My SA told me each dealership had Some quota in first 25k and he was quite confident all along about my punching within first 25000.
Well, here in Gurgaon dealerships were not even accepting bookings prior to today and recommending that we book ourselves. Perhaps just took bookings from friends and family to push into the first 25k!
Old 30th July 2022, 11:47   #839
BHPian

Well i have successfully wasted my hangover and weekend morning.

Jokes aside.

Despite trying from 11:00 am didn't make the cut.

I am 100% sure now that i will get my XUV700 before i get the ScorpioN.

On the other hand mahindra now gets to gloat on how they got 25,000 bookings under a minute or so.

I know it's a wishful thought but I hope people who made it in 25,000 start cancelling their xuv700, specially in Pune so that i can get mine earlier

Last edited by BleueNinja : 30th July 2022 at 11:59.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:47   #840
BHPian

My booking also shows the edit window till 15th August, should it not be only for the first 25k bookings ?

I am confused now, am i in or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpbooking.png  

Last edited by Gaur : 30th July 2022 at 12:02.

Most Viewed