Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 12:44   #856
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

The process is not transparent. Its all shady. Who knows if you are in first 25k or not, if Mahindra decides to milk consumers then they have all the means to do that.
They could have built a system for booking only upto 25k. Now that they have all the options they may sell only 10k at introductory prices. Not at all confidence inspiring.
I manged to get booking at 1125 hrs for my Z8AT4WD FOREST GREEN.

As it always goes in India, we are at sellers mercy and consumer is taken for a ride always.
Old 30th July 2022, 12:44   #857
BHPian

My dealer added to the cart without my knowledge in early July and today, they booked my vehicle without my knowledge again. The variant, powertrain, colour - all as per their choice without even checking with me.
Price : "Applicable at the time of Delivery".

I don't care because I didn't intend to book it today. I decided to wait and watch to get the initial niggles sorted out.
KNL_Bandi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:04   #858
BANNED

I thought even the booking from the dealers require OTP sent to the mobile number of the purchaser?
Old 30th July 2022, 13:07   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Honestly, all this gives an impression that dealers got all 25k bookings allocated in the system much before 11 am.

I remember during XUV7OO bookings many people had got messages of booking confirmation while they had only added to cart, and not paid.
Yes, I think so too. Dealers are booking in the name of all those who enquired using their mobile numbers.

I had not added in my cart, nor did I ask the dealer to book. Still I got this message from Mahindra at 11:12 am:

Congratulations on booking your Big Daddy of SUVs, All-New Scorpio-N. Please find below details of your SUV: SCORPIO N, Z8L D MT 4WD, in EVEREST WHITE. Looking forward to having you in the Mahindra family. Here is your Online Booking Ref No. xxxxxx . Do check your email for details. TnC Apply. <Dealer Name>
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:11   #860
BHPian

Are the dealers not required to pay the booking amount for them to be able to book in your name? Looks quite fishy.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:13   #861
BHPian

Bookings opening at 11 am and First 25K Introductory price booking slots over even before 11.01 am. This is so unfair.
Atleast introductory price should prevail for few more bookings.
Orelse number of cancellation will also increase considering the super long waiting periods.
Old 30th July 2022, 13:14   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Did you book through the dealer?
Did online booking. Had alarms set for 10:30 and 11:00am. Still got busy in work and missed it by 10 minutes.
Old 30th July 2022, 13:15   #863
BHPian

I paid Rs.21,000 to two of the dealers in my city, both of my carts show "*Price prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable for you".

But both of them claim I will be within the first 25K bookings. Does anyone have a cart which shows "Introductory pricing applicable" ?
Old 30th July 2022, 13:16   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Yes, I think so too. Dealers are booking in the name of all those who enquired using their mobile numbers.

I had not added in my cart, nor did I ask the dealer to book. Still I got this message from Mahindra at 11:12 am:
This may be done by the dealers to maximize allocation during initial days. When the car is allocated they tell mahindra the booking is cancelled even then the car is available with dealer to sell at an extra money. It is shamefully sad that Mahindra could not control their own dealer network or in worse case mahindra is hand in glove with dealers to milk consumers selling "MANDATORY ACCESSORIES" and milking unsuspecting consumers. The case must be represented in consumer court to stop high handedness of dealer / company monopoly.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:17   #865
BHPian

Very strange that the Orange color is never been shown till now. Anyone has seen in person? I was inclined to book that color but then reverted back to Honda CRVìsh Green.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:19   #866
BHPian

Got a call from Mahindra Finance offering a 6.99% interest rate on car loan. Is there a catch? Anyone has prior experience with Mahindra Finance? Banks seem to offering a higher interest rate.
Old 30th July 2022, 13:19   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
I paid Rs.21,000 to two of the dealers in my city, both of my carts show "*Price prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable for you".

But both of them claim I will be within the first 25K bookings. Does anyone have a cart which shows "Introductory pricing applicable" ?
This one is the one I noticed having been booked at introductory price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwapnilNalavade View Post
Make: Mahindra
Model: Scorpio-N
Variant : Z6
Fuel: Diesel
Colour: Deep Forest
Price: Rs. 14,99,000/- (Ex Showroom Nashik - Introductory Pricing)
Booking Amount: Rs. 21,000/-
Discounts: None
Booking Date: 30/07/2022
Dealer & City: Jitendra Motors - Nashik
Accessories: Bug Deflector, Fender Mirror, Rain Visor, Bumper Corner Protector, Aluminium Scuff Plate, 3D Floor Mat & Anti Skid Dash Mat Set
Freebies: None
Old 30th July 2022, 13:26   #868
BHPian

I never booked anything but got a message that the dealer had booked in my name with introductory pricing applicable. This means that dealers always had upper hand on this and such kind of “flash sale” was never going for customers. Ideally if you really want this for customers it should have been divided between online vs dealer login.

I have already sent mail to mahindra customer care that they have to cancel my booking because i never intended to book. I had explicitly told dealer not to book yesterday also.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-11b9b05c06c74a2ea520b1cd18c157a7.jpeg
n13tzsche is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 13:30   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post

What does email confirmation show about booking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Are the dealers not required to pay the booking amount for them to be able to book in your name? Looks quite fishy.
They will be transferring the amount at a later stage I guess or it may be an attempt to maximize allocation when there is still hype about the product. When the booking is allocated they always can say that customer had cancelled. They can sell that allocated vehicle to anyone with additional premium.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th July 2022 at 19:47. Reason: SMS lingo
rooster.ram is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th July 2022, 13:34   #870
BHPian

Did Anyone got in first 25K, I think it was just a marketing gimmik, or insider booking filled all slots.

I booked 1 from Bangalore and 1 from my Hometown, in both it says delivery tine rate applicable. one got booked by 11:03 and other by 11:06. I was on the payment page 11:01 but it hanged.

Very hard to believe that a 25L car got 25K bookings in less than a min, booking process was not fair, some thing is fishy

Last edited by Asoon : 30th July 2022 at 13:41.
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed