Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 15:41   #886
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Very few individuals were able to book it at the introductory price and mostly it is the top variant. I booked a Z4 D AT via Dealership here. Booking was done at 11.01 am but still didn't get introductory price. As per Dealership, it is beyond their control and most of their booking didn't get the price protection. Now I will wait for the delivery timeline.

I strongly suspect the booking website algorithm is tuned to not give price protection to lower variant bookings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
I have loan from them for my Thar. No issues as such. As good or bad as any other bank. Only thing is that they have penalty clause for pre-payment...
I was wondering about the Mahindra Finance scheme as well. Most car loan providers have foreclosure charges now a days but even 5-7% of foreclosure charges are still profitable when compared to the actual interest we end up paying to the bank if car loan is continued till the end of tenure. Meanwhile HDFC bank has backstabbed me regarding my Thar's car loan foreclosure. I was told I can avail zero foreclosure charges offer if I opt for a life insurance, which I did and now when I asked for the foreclosure statement, they are charging 7.8% charge. Unfair

Mahindra Finance at 6.99% seems quite interesting to me. But I think funding will be only on ex-showroom price and not On-road price with accessories like SBI car loan? Any clarity on this?

Last edited by dr_TJ : 30th July 2022 at 16:00.
dr_TJ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 15:41   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
As easy as it is to be cynical, I think it's clear that Mahindra is reaping the benefits of their transparent booking process. They are a rare manufacturer who have announced prices, provided test drives and clearly outlined their price protection strategy, all before taking a single booking.

To those who couldn't get in on the first 25,000 bookings this process might seem unfair/unscrupulous, but I would much rather be in this position of going into a booking process with all the information available to me. Compare this with other market leaders who start taking bookings, many times even before variant details are out.

Sarcasm and cynicism about their booking numbers may abound, but Mahindra are bringing to market obviously desirable products at relatively sane prices, being upfront with all details before taking the customers money.
Hi ask99, did you try booking today?

I don't know about others but my cynicism stems from personal experience.

While (some) other manufacturers are openly exploiting the demand, here one got the distinct feeling that the transparency is just a facade, a show for observers, aimed to lull a potential buyer into thinking that Mahindra is more honest than it really is.

And, as for being upfront, Mahindra too has not released basic info about its products before taking bookings. No ARAI figures, not even images of anything below the top trim, etc.

Its products are fantastic, and we are all proud that an Indian company is whupping everyone else. But let's be realistic: it's strategy, like everyone else's, is only aimed at maximizing profits. Its marketing department is deploying all kinds of smoke and mirrors.

Last edited by naru80 : 30th July 2022 at 15:58.
naru80 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 15:55   #888
BHPian

Today's Scorpio N Press Release about Booking Numbers and Booking value is an assimilation of half truths. If we focus on what is open to interpretation, then some interesting aspects emerge.

Real Beneficiaries:- By Mahindra's own calculation/ estimation methodology; out of 25000, not more than 300 Online customers would have booked in the first minute at introductory prices. Rest Intro price offers would have been booked by dealers; mostly for black marketing at a later date, with Dummy booking details.

Glitch:- Absolving the Booking website of any blame and attributing the cause of payment glitch during the most critical minutes to the Payment Gateway provider is outright unaccountability and obfuscation of responsibility. Since Mahindra already had the Add to Cart numbers with them, this likely scenario should have been simulated multiple times with the Payment Gateway before the Booking Day, to avoid any glitch. Anyone can see through this sham of a glitch excuse. The question that therefore arises is; whether the glitch was an intentional intervention that enabled Bulk booking by Dealers at the cost of genuine online customers.

For a company that prides itself about ethical pricing & transparent customer relations, Mr Anand Mahindra will have to relook and review what happened today.

Releasing the actual list of 25000 Intro price beneficiaries, with Dealer/ Online customer & Model break up (or)
Extending the Intro price to all those Dealers + Online customers, who booked in the first 30 minutes can be a transparent solution that Mr Anand Mahindra could consider; especially since 18000 Crores value in 30 minutes, as per Press Release,would have been calculated on Intro prices.
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:03   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Mahindra Finance at 6.99% seems quite interesting to me. But I think funding will be only on ex-showroom price and not On-road price with accessories like SBI car loan? Any clarity on this?
Yes. Only ex-showroom. At least that was the case when I took the loan. Don't know if any special offer they have for scorpio N considering that ticket size is higher than Thar.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:03   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
It is a 100% loan covering on road price and accessories.
Old 30th July 2022, 16:07   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra receives over 1,00,000 bookings for the Scorpio-N in 30 minutes.
20k deliveries expected by December and Z8L variants will be prioritised.

Mahindra will inform the customers about their delivery date by the end of August 2022.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20220730_160557.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th July 2022 at 16:13.
Venkatesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:13   #892
BHPian

If we look at the press release, there is a mention about the payment gateway glitch, and that the booking timestamp prior to payment has been recorded and will be considered for introductory pricing. That's a ray of hope for some folks who clicked at 11 am sharp.

Let's see how this pans out.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-bcbeb8e2affd4f4fbfab2fb1c0445bdf2.jpeg  

Last edited by ajayc123 : 30th July 2022 at 16:19.
ajayc123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:21   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
If we look at the press release, there is a mention about the payment gateway glitch, and that the booking timestamp has been recorded and will be considered. That's a ray of hope for some folks who clicked at 11 am sharp.

Let's see how this pans out.
Just a PR exercise. Fact is that they goofed up big time intentionally or otherwise. They have a multi billion tech company in their portfolio and want us to believe that payment gateway glitch was minor!! In today's world of cloud where lakhs of people were migrated to work from home in matter of days for an event which was not expected, they cannot plan for loads which was known to them in advance??. Better to stand up and accept the shortcomings and move on. Sad to see Mahindra behaving like Olas of the world.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 30th July 2022 at 16:25.
alokk0912 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:26   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I had the Z4 Diesel - AT in cart since 11th July...

Tried again a few minutes later and still got the "502 Bad Gateway" error! This is really funny, don't they want to sell to customers willing to pay price as per delivery date ?

Edit : 11:25am "504 Gateway Time-out".
I eventually decided not to book since I couldn't budget for unforeseen price jumps. (Even though I can wait for upto 15 months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster.ram View Post
What does anand mahindra want to tell here?
It really would be appreciable if he rises to resolve the issue, especially since they can easily slip away with their discretion & just choose to cater to higher variant bookings.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 30th July 2022 at 16:51.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:27   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Official Press Release by Mahindra ...
Over 1,00,000 bookings registered in under 30 minutes, translating into an ex-showroom
value of $18,000 crores or USD 2.3 billion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
20k deliveries expected by December and Z8L variants will be prioritised.
Link
Financial figures like USD 2.3 billion in such statements hints at Mahindra addressing international markets. Could be for:
  • Selling their products in international markets
  • A business alliance - proving their financial strength and potential helps. (partnership, investment, importers, etc.)
~~~~~
Edit: The bookings going ahead as fast would also, of course, be due to the vehicles already being in the cart and huge numbers trying for it, especially after the XUV700 price increases and delivery timeline experiences, besides FOMO.
(Am not suggesting that the process was flawless; it is hardly even expected to be so in such situations - a bit like an Indian wedding celebrations.)

Last edited by Poitive : 30th July 2022 at 16:40. Reason: Added Edit.
Poitive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:29   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Hi ask99, did you try booking today?

I don't know about others but my cynicism stems from personal experience.
I did in fact try to make a booking, and gave up when the payU gateway failed to progress after multiple attempts. I could justify the purchase if I had been part of the first 25,000 with locked pricing and early delivery. Any delay + increase in prices + reduction in value of my trade in just makes the purchase argument weaker.

But that's where the saga ends for me, I don't think there's some great conspiracy. Mahindra has received over 100,000 bookings. That is overwhelming demand, and I don't think they would have meticulously planned to have their systems fail in very particular ways to deny very specific customers their bookings. I'm sure many dealers would have punched in dummy bookings, and that is something no car manufacturer can control.

With their media release saying that customers bookings would be timed by when they proceeded to payment gateway, I am of the opinion that there will have been many failed bookings that have been counted towards the first 25,000 in 1 minute bookings. And once the dust settles, we can hope that those who did persist with the same payment window and completed bookings later may be listed in the price protected batch.

Beyond that, as I wasn't even sure if I would purchase one after booking it, and intended to use the time up to delivery to make all my detailed analysis with further longer test drives and research, I am nothing more than a little disappointed. Onwards to the next potential vehicle.
ask99 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:39   #897
BHPian

My Booking experience of Z8 D At 4WD

Was able to book myself at 11:14 AM. I also had another 2 bookings with the same dealer . Dealer booked at 11:16 AM . Total of 3 bookings but anyways i had to keep only one as cancellation charges would always be less than price hike.

All the excitement sunk , was visiting dealer every week post launch. Couldn’t sleep yesterday night woke up early at 5am today reading all the post and videos here and there .

Congratulations to all who booked under 1 min . Delivery time matters as lot can change when deliveries are pushed late .
Old 30th July 2022, 16:46   #898
BHPian

Quote:
I did in fact try to make a booking, and gave up when the payU gateway failed to progress after multiple attempts. I could justify the purchase if I had been part of the first 25,000 with locked pricing and early delivery.
Thanks for trying the booking. Appreciated.

Equally appreciated is your sharp analysis.
Quote:
After repeated mental analysis post the price announcements for the AT+4WD variants, I have reluctantly deleted the Scorpio N from the Cart.
As much as it would be nice to drive home a shiny new car, I don't feel it would be a logical/practical decision to upgrade to a Scorpio N without AT + 4x4.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 30th July 2022 at 17:04.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 16:53   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Are the dealers not required to pay the booking amount for them to be able to book in your name? Looks quite fishy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
So both of you did NOT pay 21K to the dealer as booking advance?
I neither paid the booking amount nor received the OTP.
As someone noted above, I plan to inform the customer care team to cancel my booking and that the dealer did not book it with my permission.
Old 30th July 2022, 17:01   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
So both of you did NOT pay 21K to the dealer as booking advance?

By when would delivery dates be shared? I am assuming we don't have to pay a dime more than 21K till the delivery dates are shared from official M&M?
Nopes. I haven’t paid a dime. Moreover i had escalated this as soon as i received the mail and i got call from the dealer saying congratulations i got introductory price and i thanked him and literally bashed him for booking without my intimation and taking someone else’s slot.
He said i will get you long test drive and you can book it in next 5-6 days but i said no because i do not like this kind of unethical practice at all. Moreover i asked him to cancel booking and send confirmation email ASAP.
n13tzsche is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks