Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 17:24   #901
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13tzsche View Post
I never booked anything but got a message that the dealer had booked in my name with introductory pricing applicable. This means that dealers always had upper hand on this and such kind of “flash sale” was never going for customers. Ideally if you really want this for customers it should have been divided between online vs dealer login.

I have already sent mail to mahindra customer care that they have to cancel my booking because i never intended to book. I had explicitly told dealer not to book yesterday also.

Attachment 2339917
What a world we are living in!

Those who wanted in introductory pricing are not able to get it. And the one rare person who got lucky enough to get it in introductory pricing had no clue that a car was being booked in his name!

On a serious note, signs are very clear that dealers are playing shady games. There is no way they will accidentally book a car for a person who specifically told to not book.

Let us see how Mahindra/Dealer will handle this cancellation. I guess they will ask him to ignore the booking mail since he has not been asked to pay anything. Once the dust settles, they will conveniently use this booking to sell it to someone else.
RaghuVis is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 17:43   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
Did Anyone got in first 25K, I think it was just a marketing gimmik, or insider booking filled all slots.

I booked 1 from Bangalore and 1 from my Hometown, in both it says delivery tine rate applicable. one got booked by 11:03 and other by 11:06. I was on the payment page 11:01 but it hanged.

Very hard to believe that a 25L car got 25K bookings in less than a min, booking process was not fair, some thing is fishy
If everyone is following the same practice that you are, by holding 2-3 booking slots each, then there's absolutely no surprise that 25K bookings is a miniscule number. Those slots will get sold out in seconds, if each person books through multiple dealers.

It's counter intuitive to do so and then complain that 25K slots got sold out in minutes IMO.
vishy76 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:02   #903
BHPian

I have booked the Z8L D AT 4x4 and in the booking confirmation window it is showing Price at the time of delivery as 23.9L which is the price mentioned by M&M. So i assume if Mahindra is prioritising the Z8L then the price at the time of booking which is shown same as the introductory price stands true.

Just waiting to see the confirmation mail now.

EDIT: Just checked mail which went to spam folder and it shows price at the time of delivery will be applicable.

Last edited by rahulya007 : 30th July 2022 at 18:08. Reason: Add text
Old 30th July 2022, 18:19   #904
BHPian

After reading through..

Mahindra claiming 100000 bookings
People talking about making multiple bookings and also receiving confirmation
Dealers making bookings for people who did not want to go for it
Dealers just making bookings using enquiries

So, what is the real demand ? What an impact it is going to have on not-so knowledgeable customers dragged into this race

M&M knows all this, but still they claim those numbers and also without shame USD in billions - just using it for their advantage and the poor genuine buyers talking about this car for months are just still talking about. What a sad story.
Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 30th July 2022 at 18:21.
swami69 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:30   #905
BHPian

Here's my two cents... I'm throwing my two cents at M&M shares instead, which are at an all time high. Their aug 15th EV reveal should give a tesla-esque bump as well. So keep booking.
barefeetdriver is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:41   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never booked anything but got a message that the dealer had booked in my name with introductory pricing applicable. This means that dealers always had upper hand on this and such kind of “flash sale” was never going for customers. Ideally if you really want this for customers it should have been divided between online vs dealer login.

I have already sent mail to mahindra customer care that they have to cancel my booking because i never intended to book. I had explicitly told dealer not to book yesterday also.

Attachment 2339917
I'm guessing the dealership in question is trying to pull a fast one by booking in the names of people who don't actually want the car, receiving the car into their stockyard by paying the protected price to Mahindra, and then either reselling the car to people who are willing to pay a premium for earlier delivery OR just sell it only after the official price increases from Mahindra and then pocket the difference.
Cresterk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:52   #907
BHPian

Wow, I thought I was the only one who got the car booked in my name without me wanting it. Looks like I am in good company.

I have a XUV700 booking. I had expressed interest with my SA before the unveil. On seeing the reports of the third row being bad, I told I am no longer interested. But today I get a message congratulating me for the booking.

Why did they stop at creating a 100,000 record. They could as well have hit a million so no one else breaks the record in future.

I have not paid the booking amount for the Scorpio N. So hope they will not automatically transfer my booking amount from the XUV 700!

Last edited by Bh.P : 30th July 2022 at 18:53.
Bh.P is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:00   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
With the ongoing comparisons and confusion between the Scorpio N and XUV700, especially with the price overlap on higher variants, I went ahead and made a quick feature comparison chart to give an overview of what you are gaining or losing vis-a-vis Scorpio N Z8 vs XUV700 AX5, Scorpio N Z8 L vs XUV700 AX7and AX7 L variants.

Doesn't XUV700 AX5 diesel MT have hill assist and descent since it has ESP ?
Old 30th July 2022, 19:04   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I strongly suspect the booking website algorithm is tuned to not give price protection to lower variant bookings
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I would really be surprised if I came across someone who booked the VFM/lower variants online in the first 25k allotments.
I highly doubt it specially since Mahindra did no such thing during it's XUV700 sale. Initial 25k was applicable regardless of the variant booked. Plenty of MX variants got price protection.

The only thing Mahindra does is prioritise higher trims for delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
They have a multi billion tech company in their portfolio and want us to believe that payment gateway glitch was minor!
In their defence, it's the 3rd party payment provider that failed. Mahindra added sufficient capacity to their own servers which is evident from the actual booking portal working throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Wow, I thought I was the only one who got the car booked in my name without me wanting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I'm guessing the dealership in question is trying to pull a fast one by booking in the names of people who don't actually want the car.
Quote:
I never booked anything but got a message that the dealer had booked in my name
Unfortunately this has happened again. The only way to fix this would be to call each customer and verify their booking. I think Mahindra did perform verification calls last time as well. Hope this time they proactively cancel shadow bookings.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:41   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
In their defence, it's the 3rd party payment provider that failed. Mahindra added sufficient capacity to their own servers which is evident from the actual booking portal working throughout.
Will we use the same defence if automatic gear box fails in newly minted scorpio N from Mahindra? For that matter, there are so many components which are sourced by third party in this vehicle. Thankfully engine is theirs so the same defence may not apply !!
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:48   #911
BHPian

May be my grand kids will be the ones to get the delivery.
tiagoatrix is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:51   #912
BHPian

Booking numbers are quite skewed. The dealer has done two bookings in my name with different email ids. I know a friend of mine who'd cancelled his cart with the dealer but they still booked one with his details anyway. From this thread I realize that such instances aren't one off rather more common than it should've been.

Looks like the dealers too tried their best to do as many bookings as possible (irrespective of price protection or not) just to show-off their potential. This dealer + individual formula created a lot of confusion with multiple bookings per individual. I'd be very curious to know how many of those 100k bookings are genuine/convert to sale. Needless to say, if I'm asked to pay more than a lakh over the introductory price at the time of delivery, I'll cancel my booking happily. This is just too much drama for a car, however good it may be.

Last edited by nerd1200 : 30th July 2022 at 20:11.
nerd1200 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:55   #913
BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20220730_195014.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot_20220730_1944412.jpg there's a lot of confusion. While they have clarified on twitter that price mentioned in the receipt will be applicable, the next line in the receipt says the opposite.
slylenser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:58   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
I highly doubt it specially since Mahindra did no such thing during it's XUV700 sale. Initial 25k was applicable regardless of the variant booked. Plenty of MX variants got price protection.

The only thing Mahindra does is prioritise higher trims for delivery.
It was true for XUV7OO, yes. But I am guessing in their bulk upload, the dealers would've prioritized the top end variants. Remember, it also means better margins for dealers. I don't think people who pre booked with dealers got any sort of serial number so this is going to be opaque.

Further, if bulk of the first 25K bookings were cornered by dealers, then Mahindra benefits too. I think it would be naive to suggest that Mahindra didn't expect this scenario.
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 20:04   #915
BHPian

All this hullabaloo is because of the game of introductory pricing that OEMs have mastered in the recent past and unethically so. If M&M were to be so benevolent towards their prospective customers, they should have gathered whatever 1-2 lac bookings and then held a lucky draw to decide 25k lucky customers, something similar to what they did with XUV5OO bookings back in 2012. Looks like a complete sham!
mahesh_sn is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks