Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2022, 15:40   #1171
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Found this video which calls out an important issue with the Scorpio N. Even at speeds like 110 KMPH, it has a lot of wind noise which can spoil the cabin peace. This felt a bit unsettling. I guess this may be due to the boxy shape of the vehicle. I guess some of this sound could be negated by playing some music in the car.

Old 13th August 2022, 16:21   #1172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Well, I knew Sirish would do this eventually . Scorpio-N vs Fortuner vs Endeavour.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=GFm50JI_3vY
The "jiggly", "bouncy" ride of the Fortuner is seen in epic proportions in this video. I have not been able to get my head around this at all. Some owners say its the tire pressure, others say the latest Fortuner model has better suspension. The Fortuner Sirish is driving in this video is not that old, but what horrible ride quality it is in the Fortuner in this video as he goes over the bad patch.
MetalClank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 17:33   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Well, I knew Sirish would do this eventually . Scorpio-N vs Fortuner vs Endeavour.
This feels like a very biased review to me. Scorpio does have the ability to challenge Fortuner, but many things said in this review are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
Aren't these reviewers getting too obvious about creating a video to promote a certain car. It's like they didn't even bother getting the facts right about Endeavour and Fortuner because "we are going to recommend Scorpio anyways".
Some reviewers don't even try hard to hide the fact on who's sponsoring them.
Adding one more to the list. He conveniently omits the second-row sliding feature in Fortuner. Its third row can accommodate adults in comfort because the second row can be slid forward. One can achieve a good balance of leg room for everyone in the Fortuner by sliding the first row and second row. Scorpio's third row is actually no match for Fortuner's third row.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 13th August 2022 at 17:36.
padmrajravi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 17:46   #1174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
Some reviewers don't even try hard to hide the fact on who's sponsoring them.
My Wife's opinion is more or less similar to what he had to say, these two cars are now very close and practically speaking other than the premium interior of Legender(Which is already a more premium and refined fortuner) she found nothing else to speak of.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 17:55   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
My Wife's opinion is more or less similar to what he had to say, these two cars are now very close and practically speaking other than the premium interior of Legender(Which is already a more premium and refined fortuner) she found nothing else to speak of.
I am not saying the review is sponsored because he found Scorpio better than the other 2, every reviewer has been recommending other cars over Fortuner for the past decade and many of those cars are extinct now. It's ok to find other cars better but at least get the facts right if you want to do comparison, in that video even the engine size and number of gears is wrong!

Shows the seriousness of the comparison and authenticity of a genuine review.
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 18:57   #1176
BHPian

Without getting in a debate of Fortuner vs Scorpio N, I completely agree that most of the you tubers cannot be trusted. Only place to get unbiased view is this fabulous forum.

Having said that, I would have spent extra moolah if Endi was still around. No matter what these you tubers have to say.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 19:49   #1177
BHPian

Just 2 Days more to go for Scorpio N final order modification. I am very much confused about Z8 AMT 4X4 and Z8L AMT 4x4. Below are the extra features in Z8L compare to Z8 and I am trying to convince me to go for Z8 instead of Z8L.

Driver Drowsiness Detection
I usually Take break after 3hrs so don’t think I really need this. If I am not able to take break due to not so good stops on the way, then I keep on chewing happy dent/orbit to send signal to mind that I am eating so I need to be awake and mind follows that to keep me awake.

Front Camera
I know this will show distance also but don't feel much use as I can see front view by eyes and bonnet is visible so it’s more easier to take judgement. will install fender mirror instead.

Front Sensor
Will Setup a Mahindra universal sensor which will help in tight spot.

Wireless Charging
its more kind of show off than usage as it charges very slow.

Sony 12 Speakers
Audio music is best when its 2 channel instead of 3D surround system, movies are best to watch in 3D surround system. Need music in first row only so 6 speakers more than enough.

Electric Seat Adjustment
I will be the driver so don’t require frequent adjustment of seats. manual adjustment is not a very big deal.

So I think saving 2 lacs will go in fender mirror, front sensor, dual/three channel dash cam and TPU PPF and few more accessories.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 20:25   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
Just 2 Days more to go for Scorpio N final order modification. I am very much confused about Z8 AMT 4X4 and Z8L AMT 4x4. Below are the extra features in Z8L compare to Z8 and I am trying to convince me to go for Z8 instead of Z8L.

So I think saving 2 lacs will go in fender mirror, front sensor, dual/three channel dash cam and TPU PPF and few more accessories.
Quite a few in the same dilemma. If you are willing to spend time and energy to get these mods done and more importantly have access to right set of workshops, you can go that route. I would suggest that you spend next couple of days finding the right workshop with references before making that call. My earnest request would be to be with your vehicle all the time when you are getting these mods.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 20:47   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
Just 2 Days more to go for Scorpio N final order modification. I am very much confused about Z8 AMT 4X4 and Z8L AMT 4x4
My humble advise - if even some of these features are desirable for you, go for the L. All said and done, factory fit is factory fit. When talking about a 30 lac vehicle, 2 lac is not such a huge amount in the bigger scheme of things.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 20:54   #1180
BHPian

Hi all, need quick advice on my scorpio n booking under introductory :

1. I am worried about the milage of Z4 Diesel Manual that I have booked? If it's under 10, I believe I am buying a white elephant who I can't afford.
2. 10 years Delhi NCR limit. I usually keep all my cars till their end of life and i am worried that 10 years would just fly by in no time. With impending electric cars transition, do you believe there will be any resale value what so ever ? I can switch to petrol but that will defeat the whole purpose and will hit point 1.

Thank you in advance for your great support
Old 13th August 2022, 21:50   #1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post

1. I am worried about the milage of Z4 Diesel Manual that I have booked? If it's under 10, I believe I am buying a white elephant who I can't afford.
I too have booked Z4 MT Diesel, the sales guy said its Fuel efficiency will be around 15~16Kmpl. With the detuned engine, you may expect that to be true. Z4 MT seems more value for money to me.
Old 13th August 2022, 22:38   #1182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post

2. 10 years Delhi NCR limit. I usually keep all my cars till their end of life and i am worried that 10 years would just fly by in no time. With impending electric cars transition, do you believe there will be any resale value what so ever ? I can switch to petrol but that will defeat the whole purpose and will hit point 1.

Thank you in advance for your great support
Sell it after a year if you don’t like it? Introductory price + long waiting periods may work in your favour here, and you may not lose much.
Old 13th August 2022, 22:50   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
My humble advise - if even some of these features are desirable for you, go for the L. All said and done, factory fit is factory fit. When talking about a 30 lac vehicle, 2 lac is not such a huge amount in the bigger scheme of things.
I agree. And for the same reason i opted for the Z8L over the Z8. Though 2 lacs when looked at look big but when you extend it from 26L to 28L, it doesn’t hurt much. My sincere suggestion would be to go for Z8L as expert mechs and all the technology tit bits will not be available immediately unless production exceeds demands. Then too ripping a brand new vehicle at the hands of after market guys is not my cup of tea. I am even wondering, how would i be able to do the carpet lamination i plan to do on the vehicle…
rahulya007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 23:05   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Found this video which calls out an important issue with the Scorpio N. Even at speeds like 110 KMPH, it has a lot of wind noise which can spoil the cabin peace. This felt a bit unsettling. I guess this may be due to the boxy shape of the vehicle. I guess some of this sound could be negated by playing some music in the car.

https://Youtu.be/Ra3GXpy7lY0
Though I don't like the content of this YouTuber (mostly Karol Bagh stuff), but here he is right. I have reported in one of my TD feedback that with petrol AT that one group member taking the test drive pushed it to 100-120 kmph and there was considerable wind noise creeping inside the cabin. And they were playing very loud (blaring for my standard) local language thumka type music. However, the music couldn't mask the wind noise.

OT part- For Animesh: Today I could see a Skoda Kushaq driven by a local woman with payload of some women and kids (the car was actually overloaded if we count the heads) plying through the Shoghi bypass in late evening. Yes, I could see a throbbing Skoda Dealership/ Service center at Solan few hours before that. But are we just getting too much fussy about Skoda/ VW? Anyway, I'll discuss this further in Skoda/VW threads.

Last edited by RijuC : 13th August 2022 at 23:10.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 07:51   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Scorpio N 4x4 suspension stiffness comment from YouTuber.

Note: this video has no mention of 4x4 suspension stiffness!
On the topic of suspension stiffness
2WD v 4WD
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_20220814_074844.jpg  

fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed