Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2022, 09:04   #1396

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

More and more reviews coming out on the exposed speaker issue....I hope Mahindra will address the same.
This one is by a concerned future owner himself.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChuKq...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old 28th August 2022, 09:56   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jublientonroad View Post
I booked a Scorpio N - Z8 Petrol with the introductory price.

I also have bookings for XUV 700 AX5 petrol and Grand Vitara AWD( wife's preference).

On my part I am a bit confused between XUV700 AX5 and Scorpio N Z8.. Maybe early delivery will be the deciding factor.
If early delivery is the deciding factor, please ask around. Two dealers have offered me AX5 petrol delivery within a month. There seems to be some free stock of lower XUV variants readily available, depending on the dealer.

Seems like a lot of lower variant XUV bookings have moved to Scorpio since anything below AX7 misses out on a lot of features.

Last edited by naru80 : 28th August 2022 at 10:01.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:31   #1398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav6464 View Post
More and more reviews coming out on the exposed speaker issue....I hope Mahindra will address the same.
Does ScorpioN provide some kind of setting (Adrenox) which can disable the operation of the sun roof? This could be very handy when we give car for a wash (prevent the sun roof from being open when washing).
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 10:52   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone, I booked a Scorpio N - Z8 Petrol with the introductory price. Got a call from SA from Koncept Safdarjung couple of days back for the KYC documents..Seems things are moving!!
Congratulations

Also, what colour? is it Automatic?

I went for diesel because there is too much interference with Petrol, E10, then E20 coming up, different Octane ratings etc. There is less interference in diesel, the fuel is uniform all across the country save for additives in certain brands. Also I thought with the price difference of Rs.10 per litre with Petrol, will be able to recover the extra investment easily with 5,000 litres of fuel. Since you are from NCR, guess that leaves you with not too much of choice

Also booked Z2 since I am in the 25,000. Want to make the most of the introductory pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
What is the likely hood that the below mods will be available for the ScorpioN in due course (either from Mahindra or after market):

2nd Row:
1) Sliding attachment for 2nd row rear seats (maybe with loss of bit headroom)
2) Fitting captain seats in 2nd row for the 4x4 models (don't know why this fantastic option is not available for 4x4 models)

3rd Row:
1) Split 3rd row seats
2) Side facing 3rd row seats
From what I have been reading, Mahindra has picked up on the lack of boot-space issue that has been highlighted in 100% of the reviews. They are quickly engineering a split third row, front facing though while ensuring they do not miss the NCAP Stars and also are able to silence the critics with flexibility in boot space. Should be low hanging fruit for them considering they were able to plonk a 2000CC diesel engine on the double in the XUV500 for NCR when the rules changed there albeit for a brief time

Non-sliding second row is almost a deal breaker for me. They have done nothing about it in the XUV so I am safely assuming that noting will be done in the N too.

Wondering why nobody has posted pictures of the middle seat folded down and 2 healthy adults occupying the third row, stretching their legs out on the folded centre seat back.

Accessories shops have been able to fit in the last row in 5 seater XUVs, hence a captain seat layout instead of the bench can be expected for sure. Also, there is already 1 captain seat that tumbles in the second row, only 1 more is needed

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th August 2022 at 14:37. Reason: back to back posts merged
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:06   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
Seems like a lot of lower variant XUV bookings have moved to Scorpio since anything below AX7 misses out on a lot of features.
AX5 still has the additional air bags, LED lamps, alloys etc. More comparable with Z8?

I wish Mahindra had made that last row optional and instead spent the 50-60 k on cameras, LED and DRL as standard.
IB290 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 12:06   #1401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
An interesting article on Overdrive online today, where Mr Bob Rupani has talked about the pre-booking hype created before launch and the liberal test drives offered by Mahindra, analysing facts during the Scorpio N mega launch, that has generated bookings worth Rs 180,000 crores.
Good article, where a large auto journalism house such as Overdrive is starting to be at least mildly critical of the actions of a major auto maker like Mahindra. The bits about how numerous Scorpio Ns were handed over to wannabe YouTube auto journalists hints at the frustration the big media firms feel about the dilution of their readership and viewership, as the audience turns towards almost unlimited supply of free online channels, many directly supported by the manufacturer, where in-depth product information and half-baked opinions are blasted out to an excited but non-critical audience.

However, simply creating a lot of buzz and generating tens of thousands of bookings will not determine the long term success of the car, the real order book or long term profitability of the newly launched model. For example, it is strange how Mahindra has not yet disclosed the exact number of valid bookings for the ScorpioN after the window of bookings closed and dummy bookings made by dealers were weeded out. It is also not clear, how many of these bookings translate to actual purchases, especially given the booking amount is a meager 1% of the value of the car and that too, 90% refundable, if one decided not to take delivery. So for a cost of Rs. 2100, which is 0.1% of the price of the car, you can buy yourself an option to get price protection and early delivery compared to those who do not book on Day 1. Even the stock market will not offer options anywhere close to this crazily low pricing, for what is essentially a Call Option to buy the car at the current price after 6-9 months. A Call Option for the company's own shares trades at around Rs.60 per share, which is about 5% of the cost of the underlying asset.

So, for anyone with a remotely faint idea of possibly purchasing the car, if he/she still feels like it at the time of allocation, subject to finances and family agreement, provided there are no other better cars launched in between, and finally just in case his/her XUV booking is not yet delivered, there no harm in putting in a tiny refundable deposit. So the booking numbers should be treated as a signal of faint interest, rather than real purchasing intent.

Only way M&M can be more credible about the order book would be to disclose the booking conversation rate of the XUV700 - how many of the bookings resulted in a sale to the original person who booked. Otherwise the 18,000 crore order book for the ScorpioN and similar big order books for the XUV700 and the Thar, is just a fake paper exercise that could boost the share price, which BTW, is now at an all time high. I wonder if SEBI etc. should take an interest in what is happening here - is it possible that the whole exercise could have resulted in manipulation of the share price, through false order book and revenue projections??

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 28th August 2022 at 12:34.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 13:45   #1402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Good article, where a large auto journalism house such as Overdrive is starting to be at least mildly critical of the actions of a major auto maker like Mahindra.
Orthogonal question => Has Mahindra really sponsored any of the videos or youtube channels to review the ScorpioN? I know they called a ton of Auto enthusiasts to their off-roading adventure, but anything beyond that?

I am repeating myself, but it takes tremendous confidence in your product and real guts to openly invite reviewers from all over India to come and bash their brand new product. Even today, Mahindra dealers are not stopping anyone from doing a video of the TD. They cannot do this without an ace up their sleeve, no chance.

We all know what happens on the first day of every movie release! That is why most movies have limited pre-release shows and only those who will praise it are invited.
MetalClank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 15:06   #1403
BHPian

I am shocked and surprised at the bashing Mahindra automotive is subject too!!

1. Mahindra has been more than transparent from first day. They had detailed the whole process at unveil. I have never seen any other manufacturer doing that even closely.

2. They have a winner product. People would queue up, even without any YouTube reviews. Infact they have risked their product in doing so.

3. If youtube and for that matter even tbhp review had much impact, Marazzo and Hexa should have been selling 10000 units/month. Everyone today does their own analysis, according to needs. There was not a single credible youtube review for the old Scorpio, still see the numbers!!

4. Every car manufacturers discloses number of bookings, noone discloses subsequent cancellations. So, why only Mahindra has to do so?

5. There are manufacturers who advertise 'sold out for 2022'. They never disclose openly during such ads, that it is due to their production capacity. Most of those products are actually failed products, which sell meager number of units per month. Mahindra had disclosed their production capacity from day one, so no harm in disclosing the order sum. Everyone knew bookings will run in lakhs, who didn't?

6. If Mahindra has priced their product at a good price, should we still be finding faults in the bookings outnumbering their production capacity? The only thing happening here is that now people who plan to buy a vehicle 6-12 months later, are booking right now due to the good pricing.

All Mahindra needs is a pat on back. They have disrupted the auto sector like never before.
I was not even remotely a Mahindra fan 2 years ago. But the way things have been in last year or so, I don't even remotely consider any other brand now.

Just my 2 cents, no offence to any other brand or individual. I am not a Mahindra fan. I am fan of good products. If Mahindra change course southwards, I will be first one to jump overboard. But right now, feel safe and excited to be in their boat.

Last edited by Indepth : 28th August 2022 at 15:08. Reason: Spacing
Indepth is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 16:17   #1404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post

2. They have a winner product. People would queue up, even without any YouTube reviews. Infact they have risked their product in doing so.
Brilliant points, i am in total agreement. Your last statement sums it all : " I am fan of good products." and a fan of "Customer first" mindset. Mahindra is doing everything right and seems to be garnering a huge fan following specially with the next gen consumers.
MetalClank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 16:42   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post

Just my 2 cents, no offence to any other brand or individual. I am not a Mahindra fan. I am fan of good products. If Mahindra change course southwards, I will be first one to jump overboard. But right now, feel safe and excited to be in their boat.
Very well written! These were exact thoughts in my mind which you have articulated so well!
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 18:29   #1406

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
If early delivery is the deciding factor, please ask around. Two dealers have offered me AX5 petrol delivery within a month. There seems to be some free stock of lower XUV variants readily available, depending on the dealer.

Thanks for the update! In fact I got a call from my SA today that AX5 in my preferred Color is available due to cancellation. But I would be taking the delivery only in November due to some financial reasons. For me the biggest issue with AX5 is the lack of Good back camera options and cruise control. I am hoping by November we have more updates on these features can be installed in AX5.Any idea on waiting period for AX7 Petrol manual in Delhi?Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congratulations

Also, what colour? is it Automatic?

I went for diesel because there is too much interference with Petrol, E10, then E20 coming up, different Octane ratings etc. There is less interference in diesel, the fuel is uniform all across the country save for additives in certain brands. Also I thought with the price difference of Rs.10 per litre with Petrol, will be able to recover the extra investment easily with 5,000 litres of fuel. Since you are from NCR, guess that leaves you with not too much of choice

Also booked Z2 since I am in the 25,000. Want to make the most of the introductory pricing.

From what I have been reading, Mahindra has picked up on the lack of boot-space issue that has been highlighted in 100% of the reviews. They are quickly engineering a split third row, front facing though while ensuring they do not miss the NCAP Stars and also are able to silence the critics with flexibility in boot space. Should be low hanging fruit for them considering they were able to plonk a 2000CC diesel engine on the double in the XUV500 for NCR when the rules changed there albeit for a brief time

Non-sliding second row is almost a deal breaker for me. They have done nothing about it in the XUV so I am safely assuming that noting will be done in the N too.

Wondering why nobody has posted pictures of the middle seat folded down and 2 healthy adults occupying the third row, stretching their legs out on the folded centre seat back.

Accessories shops have been able to fit in the last row in 5 seater XUVs, hence a captain seat layout instead of the bench can be expected for sure. Also, there is already 1 captain seat that tumbles in the second row, only 1 more is needed
I booked manual Z8 in Napoli black. My running is around 600km per month with once in a quarter long trips. So petrol somehow make more sense to me specially in Delhi.

Congrats on your Z2 booking. Thanks!
Old 28th August 2022, 22:10   #1407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav6464 View Post
I am hoping this is just a simple case of a rubber bidding gone missing

Is there any official number for Scorpio N turning radius? Tried searching, but could not find any official data on this

Last edited by MetalClank : 28th August 2022 at 22:29.
Old 29th August 2022, 00:35   #1408
BHPian

Since Mahindra has not given any further updates on when Z4 deliveries might start, and even the website only previews the Z8L model in 3D configurator, I have made an edit of how the Z4 might look in black, with a downsize to 16 inch 245/75 R16 tyres for a better ride and more classic SUVish look.. Just for fun.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-z4.jpg

The 245/75R16 is the same dia as the 255/60R18 on the top models, and the width is the same as the 17 inchers that come on other variants. What do you think?

Last edited by vivekgk : 29th August 2022 at 00:51.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 01:00   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update! In fact I got a call from my SA today that AX5 in my preferred Color is available due to cancellation. But I would be taking the delivery only in November due to some.. reasons. For me the biggest issue with AX5 is the lack of Good back camera options and cruise control. I am hoping by November we have more updates on these features can be installed in AX5.
We are in a similar conundrum!
No cruise = no buy. IDK what I was thinking when I booked the AX5. I think I overlooked the very basic cruise function which to be honest I'd just expected, given my habit of skimming reading material and letting my brain fill in fact (in this case, fiction.)

I spoke to a few retrofitters. AX5, even with the right harness and buttons, is software locked.

Don't believe YT channels. Call the numbers they advertise. Ask them if it's available and working *today*. You'll get your answer. If I am mistaken, I'll probably keep the AX5 D MT.
wooka is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 09:20   #1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
We are in a similar conundrum!

Don't believe YT channels. Call the numbers they advertise. Ask them if it's available and working *today*. You'll get your answer. If I am mistaken, I'll probably keep the AX5 D MT.
Agree. No one has shown retrofitted cruise to be working in AX5 or below. Mahindra would never allow that Software unlock. I’ll still wait for November and keeps my options open. AX7 is well over my budget so I might go for Scorpio Z8
jublientonroad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks