Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 06:23   #1591

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

I went for test drive again few days back and I switched to Zoom mode from Zap (by default) mode. What I noticed was after few kms it went back to Zap mode, on asking the SA his response was that this happened as we're driving economically. Vehicle senses no need of Zoom mode that's the reason for automatically switching to Zap mode. I couldn't believe him. Is it true? Any expert views on this?
Old 26th September 2022, 08:06   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Don't you guys think rear wiper wash cover very less glass surface as seen in this section of video. Is this specific to Scorpio-n only or it is also the case in XUV700 and other Mahindra cars?
https://Youtu.be/aX_tRUrXi0E?t=1482
I noticed similar coverage in Fortuner as well. So this may not be an issue.
Old 26th September 2022, 08:09   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisparas View Post
Can someone confirm if front-camera and front sensors will be compatible and installed on ScorpioN lower variants? My SA told that front-camera and front sensors cannot be installed as an accessory, when I told him about sensors being available on M2All as an accessory he turned onto that then sensors can be installed.
Those front sensors available on m2all are with dedicated display in cabin and cannot be integrated with OEM infotainment of Scorpio N
Old 26th September 2022, 10:17   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
No discussion here.

RC details are given by the manufacturer at time of type approval of car before being launched into the market.

it cannot be changed by dealer by adding/deleting anything before registration.

It is illegal to have a roof rack.
It is illegal to upsize tyres.
It is illegal to change your headlight bulbs.

Any modification to your car , no matter how small, is illegal under a blanket rule in this regard.

Whether you get fined/challaned depends on the cop.
If he knows his laws, you are a criminal.

If he doesn't, you are free for another day.
What you're saying is true. The general specification of the manufacturer is submitted by the dealers to the RTO and only then the RTO grants permission for registration of a new variant in any state. This is the general rule.

But specific customers can get their cars modified by adding features to it and and get the same endorsed by the RTO in the RC e.g. subsequent fitting of a CNG / LPG kit in a petrol car. Application has to be submitted by the owner through the dealer (since he asked about making changes in a new car) or through any agent / third party. In case of LPG/CNG kit conversion the charges of RTO is also included in the price and kit supplier or agent takes responsibility of endorsement by the RTO.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:55   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisparas View Post
Can someone confirm if front-camera and front sensors will be compatible and installed on ScorpioN lower variants? My SA told that front-camera and front sensors cannot be installed as an accessory, when I told him about sensors being available on M2All as an accessory he turned onto that then sensors can be installed.
If you are going to buy from M2mall and not from the market, you might as well get it fitted by your dealer itself. The price difference between M2mall and the dealer can't be too high. It comes as an accessory that you can ask for.

Here is the full list

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-111.jpg
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 12:08   #1596

Any leaks or updates on lower variant interiors and Z4 4wd system?
itisparas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:34   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio-N deliveries commence in India

Mahindra has finally commenced deliveries of the Scorpio-N, 3 months after its launch in the Indian market. The carmaker plans to deliver over 7,000 units in the next 10 days.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-allnew-mahindra-scorpion.jpg

The Scorpio-N is available in five variants, but the top-spec 'Z8 L' variant will be delivered on priority. Mahindra currently has over 1 lakh orders and it aims to dispatch 25,000 units by the end of November 2022.

According to some reports, the waiting period for select variants has already crossed 2 years. Even the Z8 L trim is said to command a waiting period of under 20 months.

The Scorpio-N comes with two engine options: 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine with 198 BHP / 380 Nm and a 2.2-litre diesel producing 173 BHP / 400 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:31   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
If you are going to buy from M2mall and not from the market, you might as well get it fitted by your dealer itself. The price difference between M2mall and the dealer can't be too high. It comes as an accessory that you can ask for.
The fog lamps with DRL module and the Electrically foldable ORVM are available with the Karol Bag dealer and not available in m2all or the dealerships.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:12   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
The fog lamps with DRL module and the Electrically foldable ORVM are available with the Karol Bag dealer and not available in m2all or the dealerships.
But are these genuine parts? If not, wont it void manufacturer warranty?
I would be interested in the fogs and DRLs for my Z6, but dont they are offered as genuine accessories. Please correct if I am wrong.
Old 26th September 2022, 16:27   #1600
BHPian

Deliveries commenced nation-wide and already saw 3 units today itself in city roads.

All other manufacturers should take a leaf from this. This is a tier-3 city and with ample demands I believe. I have seen no other manufacturer apart from Hyundai-Kia, and Mahindra, and to some extent Maruti (close after these three) with a premium offering and deliveries beginning in even smaller towns just with launch.

Case in point: I saw 3 ScorpioN today itself. I saw more alcazars and karens on road in week-1 of delivery commencement than I saw even Altroz and Punch in week-1. Heck, its been so many days and I have seen hardly 3 Virtus on road, including one test drive vehicle.

In the initial months of your product launch, the product itself is a walking advertisement for itself as its clean and immaculate, looks different as its a new product, owners keep it polished and at showroom condition, etc. Don't focus always on bigger towns, but in smaller towns where you have a dealerships too, this will save you your marketing budget. You can have 10x hoardings pasted in metros but budgets might restrict in smaller towns.

Yet to see as many Kigers and Magnites in the city than I have seen Slavias on road. It probably and perhaps definitely has to do with distribution/allotment in initial weeks after launch which adds fuel to the hype.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 16:33   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasunBannerjee View Post

Case in point: I saw 3 ScorpioN today itself. I saw more alcazars and karens on road in week-1 of delivery commencement than I saw even Altroz and Punch in week-1. Heck, its been so many days and I have seen hardly 3 Virtus on road, including one test drive vehicle.
I noticed this with Thar as well, the number of brand new ones I saw in a relatively small town like Nagercoil was unbelievable, that too when the vehicle deliveries had just started.

With this much real estate rolling on wheels towering above traffic, it will sell itself.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 19:11   #1602
BHPian

My SA called me now and said he has a Red colour top trim 4x4 diesel automatic coming. He can deliver it in a week. What happened to the 2 year waiting period etc? I didnt book online and i am not in the first 25k booking slot. I took a test drive few weeks ago and expressed my interest on the top trim. May be he will ask me to buy PPF for 1.5 lakhs etc? Is that the catch ? I didn't proceed further as i am in Nagercoil on a personal trip and would be back to chennai only after a week. I told him to call other people in his list. Any chennai folks who are serious about N and want a 4x4 in red can PM me. Will share the SA number.

ps- two back to back posts mentioning nagercoil in the same thread? nice !!

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 22:42   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
My SA called me now and said he has a Red colour top trim 4x4 diesel automatic coming. He can deliver it in a week. What happened to the 2 year waiting period etc? I didnt book online and i am not in the first 25k booking slot. I took a test drive few weeks ago and expressed my interest on the top trim. May be he will ask me to buy PPF for 1.5 lakhs etc? Is that the catch ? I didn't proceed further as i am in Nagercoil on a personal trip and would be back to chennai only after a week. I told him to call other people in his list. Any chennai folks who are serious about N and want a 4x4 in red can PM me. Will share the SA number.

ps- two back to back posts mentioning nagercoil in the same thread? nice !!

Regards
Dev
Must be booked by somebody else who has now cancelled. Although that doesn't explain why he didn't call other people who are higher in the booking list. Or maybe he's calling multiple people & selling to whoever pays the full amount first.
Old 26th September 2022, 23:11   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
What happened to the 2 year waiting period etc? I didnt book online and i am not in the first 25k booking slot.

Regards
Dev
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Although that doesn't explain why he didn't call other people who are higher in the booking list.
It seems there are very less bookings for Red 4x4 Z8L AT in Chennai. Those having price protected bookings and changing /upgrading the variant are loosing the price protection I guess, I read in this thread
earlier (price hike is not yet announced though). So the SA wants to sell anyhow.
Old 27th September 2022, 00:33   #1605
BHPian

Well this morning was like a dream coming true. My 4Xplor scorpio N delivered on day 1.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-f39c426977504a4f91c4e904605e30f2.jpeg

But now it’s time to start the niggle thread of the vehicle. A few points I noted on driving the vehicle for 100 km on day 1 one of which is pretty serious and needs immediate rectification.

1. The alignment of the vehicle is slightly out. The car is moving left, now before everyone starts the welcome to mahindra joke I am coming from a 7.5 yr old 1.26 lakh km self driven xuv 500 so i know this issue is not impossible to solve.

2. The steering feels light and great but the road can be sensed from the steering wheel. Every bump every uneven surface every texture comes through the steering wheel, though it’s not a deal breaker but a bit weird for me. Would like if experts can share their opinion on this.

3. The major issue i faced during my drive back home from dinner. The headlights are completely out of focus. The low beam is fine but the highbeam is, as of now, completely useless. It is focused on the road at the level of fog lamps. The low beams projectors are focusing higher than the high beam. Being an led unit i don’t know how will the company adjust it but i need it rectified.

The below picture may not give you a clear idea but the high beam is focused just in the bottom of the marked area. It isn’t spread wide enough and not focused on the road.

It can’t be used for dipper or for high beam usage on empty roads.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-4129892e570f410d979e014d59f21905.jpeg
kushgandhi is offline   (25) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks