Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 00:28   #1621

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Did you discuss the second problem - steering wheel giving feedback from suspension as if there is something wrong - My Z8L 4WD AT also has it and I am wondering whether this is a feature or a bug?
I am having the same clunks from the front suspension on small bumps on my Z8L 4WD AT . Quite irritating and takes a bit away from the overall feeling of robustness which the rest of the car exudes. I thought the vibrations were specific to my car and something is loose underneath. Suprised to see so many of us complaining of the same. I hope Mahindra solves these teething issues soon. Otherwise the ride is smooth and the car feels well planted. Body roll has been very well contained.
Doc.coolbeans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 07:44   #1622
BANNED

M2ALL is having a huge backlog of orders and dealerships are also not getting enough stock. Its better to order it from M2ALL, specially the ones that require little to no fitting (like body covers, mats etc). M2 ALL is citing inventory and supply chain issues already.

I am desperately waiting for a video on how the roof carrier gets installed for the ScorpioN. Is there a separate ScorpioN accessories thread?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-accesories-copy.jpeg  

Old 28th September 2022, 08:12   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEJSINGH View Post
I took delivery yesterday at 0700 AM in Chandigarh, great experience with Mahindra overall sales team. Vehicle had less than 15 Km's at time of delivery.

Issues:

This left one also tends to bend to the left.

Being a Toyota Fortuner & Isuzu Vcross customer have never come across such nonsense. I think Mahindra have issues with quality control, good reliable tech/test/ sign off staff & attention to detail is missing, and even when something is noticed they let it pass.. They are not yet ready to sell 28 Lacs On-Road product.
On the bias of left headlight, it is my understanding that as we drive on the left side of the road, it is intentionally aligned this way so that the driver has enhanced visibility during emergencies. I have noticed this "adjustment" in the Maruti vehicles that I drove in the past. Not sure if this is valid any more.

I urge you to resist the temptation of comparing with Toyota/Isuzu as that might not help. That would increase your post purchase dissonance. I am sure your purchase was a considered decision.

Most of us who are going with M&M are bracing for few niggles.

I am sure for every niggle, there will be 10 smiles.

Enjoy your drive.
krinpit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:21   #1624
BHPian

I am curious if all the early deliveries of ScorpioN Z8L Non-Introductory offer paid the Introductory price during delivery as there was no price hike announced by Mahindra? Or was there a silent hike for Non-Introductory Scorpio N?
Old 28th September 2022, 12:29   #1625
BHPian

My initial experience with Z8L AT 4WD with about 150KM under the belt has been very positive. For context, I used to own an earlier generation Scorpio, drove over 100K km’s before I had to sell it due to the famous\infamous diesel engine rules in NCR. This vehicle is a huge improvement in all aspect’s vs previous Scorpio. Body roll is much much better, steering is light, brakes a huge improvement, fit and finish is miles ahead etc. etc.

Issues that I need to watch out for:

• ICE Blank Screen – This happened once, had to restart and it came back to life.
• ICE Volume – When I power on the car, the volume is at the same level as when I switched it off, but sometimes after starting on the engine, it’s turns 0, and I have to manually increase the volume.
• HHC Warning – for some unknown reason, the HHC warning light came up, I had to stop anyway after a couple of km’s, so did nothing. When I restarted the vehicle after the stop, the warning light was gone.
• 4th to 5th gear: This one I’m still figuring out. I feel that the AT box takes a bit too long to down shift to 5th gear, have to hit 65-70kmph for AT to downshift. Maybe expected or maybe I'm not pushing the pedal right, so still trying to understand this dynamic.

Happy miles to all the owners.
ukoul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 13:17   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoul View Post
My initial experience with Z8L AT 4WD with about 150KM under the belt has been very positive. For context, I used to own an earlier generation Scorpio, drove over 100K km’s before I had to sell it due to the famous\infamous diesel engine rules in NCR. Happy miles to all the owners.
Thanks! Your feedback is very reassuring to me as I have been driving a 2006 scorpio till date. Any advise from SAs on run in period?
Old 28th September 2022, 13:27   #1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
Congratulations to all new owners.

Anyone got the RC book or any other document that gives the kerb/ dry weight of the vehicle?
Unladen weight of 2140kg mentioned on the RC for z8L 4WD automatic
Doc.coolbeans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 13:30   #1628
BHPian

Has anyone seen the interiors of a Z6 variant? Any picture or videos available? Couldn't find any on YT. Thanks.
Old 28th September 2022, 16:03   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
2. The steering feels light and great but the road can be sensed from the steering wheel. Every bump every uneven surface every texture comes through the steering wheel, though it’s not a deal breaker but a bit weird for me. Would like if experts can share their opinion on this.
I Took Delivery of the 4WD AT variant on 26th and I am facing the same issue. from what i have gathered, this issue is with 4wd variants only.
Took it to MASS yesterday, after a short TD the technician told me to drive for 1000kms and he will sort if during the first service. On asking how, he told me that this same issue was there in the TD vehicle and went away after torque wrench check during 1st service.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Lego28 : 28th September 2022 at 16:12.
Lego28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 16:48   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Dear owners of Scorpio N, please throw some lights on the FE readings and how are your experience with the Automatic transmission. I guess some of you have already driven it for 100+ km by this time.

Kindly share your experiences in city traffics and if any highway stretches were covered.
12.9 kmpl average for first 550 KM - Mostly light on pedal NCR expressway driving (4WD AT) - 20% in bumper to bumper traffic
adzegeek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:32   #1631
BHPian

My bookings delivery date was 26 Sept to 13 Oct. It just changed online to 13 to 20 Oct. This is for a Silver Z8L AT, order status shows under planning.

Anyone else seeing a change like this? I think it's probably happening only for the Silver color bookings.
Old 28th September 2022, 18:44   #1632
BHPian

Something on Mahindra Scorpio and Gulpanag's association with it. Maybe she is onto something again with new Scorpio-N

ranjith_cbz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 18:48   #1633
BHPian

Got my Z8L D AT Black 4WD home today

With 97Kms on the Odo, it was a good delivery experience except a few minor hiccups

> Road tax is not paid yet and I am hoping for registration to be done by this Friday
> There is a paint quality issue identified in the front left panel (size of a grain). Highlighted the same to the dealer and also Mahindra customer care and should be resolved during 1st service

Initial driving impressions are good so far and the long wait for Apple CarPlay starts now. After registration, I will be planning a long drive for more observations.

The doors definitely need a lot of effort to close. I remember there were discussions during test drives here on the forum that it’s got to do with the air inside the vehicle. But definitely my kids were not able to close them in one attempt.

The SA is well trained. He missed a few steps on the sales process but he was very well informed on the vehicle features - shows the way Mahindra has trained them.

I was planning to go for Graphene coating (32K pricing) but I now have to wait for the resolution on the paint quality issue.

Do you guys also see odd panel gaps at the place where the leather padding joins the mid gear section on the sides?

For people taking deliveries, please insist on PDIs. The company owned dealership in Mumbai (no guesses for names) was hesitant on PDIs but finally admitted that they accept such requests and one needs to be flexible with location - showroom vs stockyard.

Thanks to Mahindra, I am also on Twitter now and also experienced the swiftness of their customer service through social media.

Last edited by atluri_rkc : 28th September 2022 at 19:07.
atluri_rkc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 21:21   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Got my Z8L D AT Black 4WD home today

For people taking deliveries, please insist on PDIs. The company owned dealership in Mumbai (no guesses for names) was hesitant on PDIs but finally admitted that they accept such requests and one needs to be flexible with location - showroom vs stockyard.

Thanks to Mahindra, I am also on Twitter now and also experienced the swiftness of their customer service through social media.
Congratulations on bringing home the Scorpio. Do post pictures of your car.
Yes, Mahindra dealers are not very keen on PDIs but a little persistence is all it takes. I was given enough time today to review every detail of my car before I made payment. My SA has been helpful in getting everything done and drove me to their stockyard for PDI. He said he had to convince his seniors that the customer is hell-bent on PDI and hence I was given that 'privilege'. Nevertheless, my experience so far has been a mixed-bag but has started turning positive over the last few visits to the dealership.
Old 28th September 2022, 23:14   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
I Took Delivery of the 4WD AT variant on 26th and I am facing the same issue. from what i have gathered, this issue is with 4wd variants only.
Took it to MASS yesterday, after a short TD the technician told me to drive for 1000kms and he will sort if during the first service. On asking how, he told me that this same issue was there in the TD vehicle and went away after torque wrench check during 1st service.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Yes, this was prevalent in mine too - same variant and delivered today. Already started making a list of things to sort out in the 1st service

Did anyone notice the fogging on the rear 2 quarter glasses (3rd row) - it was heavy? There was also some on the top left corner of the glasses in the 2nd row.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks