Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 09:06   #1651
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
I test drove the Petrol AT Z8L (2WD) during the test drive and did not notice this issue. But I see several people who have got their cars delivered both here and on Facebook talking about this. Could this be a 4x4 or MT specific issue?
Read somewhere that similar issue was there in TD vehicles also and it was nothing major. Some torqing was done at the SC and it was sorted. I think some owner was told this by the SC guy. It could have been in this thread itself.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 09:22   #1652

My 4wd AT has it too so it is not variant specific.
What is the right channel to escalate this issue so as to get it sorted out?. Mahindra is a customer centric company so hopefully they will find a fix for it once they know the sheer number of people who are facing this. Lets give them some time and get it across so that this information reaches the right people and they take it seriously .
Initially I though the sports pedals i got fixed were transmitting these vibrations.
I am flummoxed , as mentioned above by Timeline 1967, how come no one noticed this on the media drives when so many of us have discovered this within 5 minutes of driving the vehicle.
Doc.coolbeans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 10:41   #1653
BHPian

So far it looks like only the 4WD (both AT and MT) versions have this suspension issue. Mahindra might have figured out a way to fix this and have done the same to the TD vehicles. They have not announced this info in the media for fear of negative publicity. Very soon the dealerships might request owners to bring the vehicles to ASS for a so-called 'software update' and post this 'software update', the suspension issue will magically disappear. Hoping for the best

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 30th September 2022 at 10:42.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 10:56   #1654

I have 2wd AT and haven't noticed this issue. Or I might have have missed noticing it as my previous ride was a 2011 scorpio and current one this feels better?
Any specifics I need to notice apart from the the usual BOF ride experience ?

Thanks!
Old 30th September 2022, 11:03   #1655
BHPian

I took delivery of my Black Z8L D AT 4EXPLOR early morning today.

Very smooth experience with the dealership - Punjab Automobiles. All my requests were accomodated and the staff was polite and helpful. Even my request for a 7:30 AM delivery was answered with a resounding 'yes'. Right from my SA, to the GM, everybody was communicative and I had updates whenever I requested. There was a slight delay from my original delivery date of 26th but I understand that was a delay in receiving the vehicle from Mahindra itself. Overall, very pleased with my experience at the dealership.

Have completed about a 120 km since delivery. Initial observations:
a) It is a joy to ride - towering presence
b) No, my car does not have the suspension clank issue
c) Wheel alignment is off
acquillew is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 17:10   #1656
BHPian

Based on various posts by members, this suspension issue seems to be restricted to the 4WD variants alone. Has anyone taken delivery of a 2WD version and seen this issue?

On a separate note, can any Mahindra owners given me an idea of the service intervals and service costs for the Scoropio N please? Thanks.
Old 30th September 2022, 18:46   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Based on various posts by members, this suspension issue seems to be restricted to the 4WD variants alone. Has anyone taken delivery of a 2WD version and seen this issue?

On a separate note, can any Mahindra owners given me an idea of the service intervals and service costs for the Scoropio N please? Thanks.
Bro, deliveries have started 3-4 days back..how can someone give you a quote for servicing so early ? But going by experience, it should be in the range of 3-4k which includes 6 ltr engine oil, oil filter, diesel filter, and DEF topup.
Old 30th September 2022, 18:53   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Bro, deliveries have started 3-4 days back..how can someone give you a quote for servicing so early ? But going by experience, it should be in the range of 3-4k which includes 6 ltr engine oil, oil filter, diesel filter, and DEF topup.
I was only looking for an estimate or standard service costs (excluding specific repairs, parts replacements and issue fixes) to get an idea of general maintenance costs. This could be based on XUV700 or previous Scorpio experience.

Your figure of 3-4K is what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2022, 18:58   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
I had TD’ed a 2WD variant after the launch and have noticed this issue.
The dealership is clueless and they say no one has complained yet.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 19:03   #1660

Quote:
Service cost can be checked at 'with you hamesha' app. For Scorpio-N cost of service is around 10k~12k post 3th year.

Last edited by gaurav6464 : 30th September 2022 at 19:06.
gaurav6464 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 21:55   #1661
BHPian

Couple of questions for the owners?

1. Is buying accessories mandatory?

2. How much does the 5 year extended warranty cost?
Old 1st October 2022, 00:12   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Couple of questions for the owners?

1. Is buying accessories mandatory?

2. How much does the 5 year extended warranty cost?
Answering this, though i am not an owner yet.

1. It is not mandatory but you’ll have to eventually fit at least mudguards. Rest all is your choice.

2. Ext warranty known as “Shield” in Mahindra Ecosystem is dependent on the variant you have. Refer attached file for all details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Extended Warranty.pdf (206.8 KB, 471 views)
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 07:29   #1663

Update about the suspension/ sterring khatak khatak issue.

Firstly, it's a random issue and prevelant in all versions irrespective of 4WD.

Secondly, if you think something is going to be done and this be resolved, sad answer is, NO.

I raised serious concerns with Mahindra and sent a strong worded email to Mahindra, they reaponded by sending an Engineer from Pune. Sorry to say the quality of this Engineer and his mindset towards the vehicle was a terrible.

He agreed there is a khatak khatak noise emanating from my Vehicle and one of the test ride vehicles has the issue whilst the other vehicle does not have this issue. He said he would come back in the evening.

Phone rings in the evening of 29th, and I am informed that this is nature of the vehicle and that's that.

So misconception that Torquing at Service was resolve the issue, ABSOLUTELY not. They have no idea why this is happening and nothing more will happen because they believe it's the nature of the Vehicle???

So if you have the issue raise your voice in the strongest words and make it public. Mahindra aren't doing anything about this. They have a huge stockpile and need to offload it. It's multiple reasons behind them disowning this matter/ issue.

Please take it seriously.

TEJSINGH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 11:06   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I took delivery of my Black Z8L D AT 4EXPLOR early morning today.

b) No, my car does not have the suspension clank issue
c) Wheel alignment is off
Went in to the service center to get the wheel alignment issue fixed. The staff, service advisors were courteous and acknowledged the issue. The SA took a test drive and immediately said that the alignment is off and the steering is cross/not straight. He entered a job card and when he entered the details with the chassis number, he saw that there were a few software updates available for the vehicle. Attaching a screenshot of what I see in the WithYouHamesha app:

The entire process will take about 2-3 hours - I was told. I had some work, so came back home and will take the vehicle in the afternoon. Will keep the thread updated with the changes to the software. I am particularly interested in the Infotainment system update. I hope its for Apple CarPlay.
Attached Images

acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 14:39   #1665
BHPian

I have compiled the niggles reported so far and hope that this will be a living document. The idea is to have an ongoing summary of all reported/resolved issues.

So far, the steering sensitivity / katak-katak issue has been reported widely.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-scorpion_niggles.png

Last edited by krinpit : 1st October 2022 at 14:40. Reason: Alignment
krinpit is offline   (31) Thanks

Most Viewed