Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 11:58   #1786
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Came across this dual tone Scorpio N wrap on YT. Looks slick.

rodeoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 12:34   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtulC View Post
Are you facing the issue of sound coming from the suspension OR brakes whenever you move the vehicle after you have kept it on hand brake for some time?
I hear few minor squeaks. Though they are not irritating at the moment, I am noting them to highlight during 1st service. Some of these are

1. Noise from driver side B-pillar. I believe its either the glass not closing fully or the rubber beading
2. Some metal squeaks from the back/front. Need to find the exact source and probably tightening/greasing could work
3. Some mild noise from centre console and am trying to rule out contents of glove box
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 13:48   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
I hear few minor squeaks. Though they are not irritating at the moment, I am noting them to highlight during 1st service. Some of these are

1. Noise from driver side B-pillar. I believe its either the glass not closing fully or the rubber beading
2. Some metal squeaks from the back/front. Need to find the exact source and probably tightening/greasing could work
3. Some mild noise from centre console and am trying to rule out contents of glove box
I am getting the number 2 noise. And it's not coming inside the cabin. It can only be heard from outside. For example, when the valet is bringing the car outside the ramp in my office parking, I can hear the squeaking. Its like the noise when a bus or truck comes to a stop or starts moving, you can hear something squeaking. I am also planning to bring this up during the 1st service.
Old 13th October 2022, 14:35   #1789
BHPian

First batch Scorpio N (4x4) driven by the user has reached Shinku La! It is not clear whether there was any demanding situation on road in present weather condition that he had to engage the 4H mode or only during the intentional fun activities in the snow. I'll never go off the (marked) road. Whether the normal RWD variant is good enough for this route?

The YouTube link is here:

Last edited by RijuC : 13th October 2022 at 14:38.
Old 13th October 2022, 16:17   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
My wish finally fulfilled of seeing the vehicle in Silver. Thanks bro for sharing the pics. For video, i guess you can directly paste the URL in the text box and it gets attached.

I think the curves and creases pop out in this color than any other one as light reflects on the silver in various angles thereby giving those contrast shades which probably white doesn’t do. No offences to anyone with any other color, i just felt so.
Agreed...the silver does look cool and as you say brings out all the cuts and creases nicely.

My booking is for Deep Forest Green Z6 (changed from Black) as it looked more unique and appealing than Black to me. Silver was no where in sight at that point.
Will consider applying chrome elements on the front grill - I think it works better on darker shades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Came across this dual tone Scorpio N wrap on YT. Looks slick.

https://Youtu.be/LvjH4FORzhE
Looks dope. I think the black dual tone will go very well with Silver too. I first noticed this on the newly launched XL6
Old 13th October 2022, 17:17   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
First batch Scorpio N (4x4) driven by the user has reached Shinku La! It is not clear whether there was any demanding situation on road in present weather condition that he had to engage the 4H mode or only during the intentional fun activities in the snow. I'll never go off the (marked) road. Whether the normal RWD variant is good enough for this route?
There was no demanding situation as the driver wanted to put the vehicle in snow and see if it gets stuck and then use 4H to pull it out of the snow. In and around Leh, if you go in the summer season (Mid-June to Sept), you would easily pull-off with a 2WD vehicle. I did Len in 2016 and 2018 on my mHawk Xylo and did Spiti in 2015 in summer time only. Never did i feel the need for a 4x4 vehicle as mHawk is a potent machine to pull you out of a situation in that period. if you want to do a winter Spiti drive or visit those places in winter, then 4x4 mode is necessary.

Whatever the vehicle, the driver should know his machine and its capabilities to come out of a situation. Just a small example. in my 2018 drive while climbing Rohtang from other side of Manali, there was an Innova, which is a widely used machine in mountains, whose driver was loosing grip as instead of driving over rocks, where the tires get grip, he was driving through mud and wasn't giving enough input to enable the vehicle move forward. If you see the local tourist vehicle drivers in Leh, you'll be astonished to see most of them often drive on bald tires. So, in most of the cases, it is the man (or woman) behind the wheel than the machine itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Agreed...the silver does look cool and as you say brings out all the cuts and creases nicely.

My booking is for Deep Forest Green Z6 (changed from Black) as it looked more unique and appealing than Black to me. Silver was no where in sight at that point.
Will consider applying chrome elements on the front grill - I think it works better on darker shades.

Looks dope. I think the black dual tone will go very well with Silver too. I first noticed this on the newly launched XL6
I booked Silver just on gut feeling as white and Silver are most purchased colors world over apart from black. Would have loved to go with Grand Canon too had it been visible before 15th Aug. I am thinking of going the dual tone way though not sure enough right now. but seeing it on white, feels it would look good on Silver too.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:52   #1792
BHPian

Hello to all fellow Team-BHP members!

After being a reader and follower of this great website, took the plunge and decided to try for membership and luckily got through in one attempt!
This is a brief review of my Black Scorpio-N 4WD Automatic. I am not much of a writer so kindly excuse my formal type of sentences which is a result of regularly writing formal notes and sentences!

One evening out of blue, I with my family simply stopped at the Mahindra Showroom to check, how the new Scorpio-N, announced just a few days back looked. At that time we were not planning to purchase a new vehicle since our old XUV500 was running fine. However, just a few minutes later my young daughter as well as me was so smitten by the Scorpio-N that it was decided that we will try to go for the introductory booking and if it goes through, we will purchase it immediately otherwise will wait for 2 years.
Tried booking on day One, but got stuck on the payment page and hopes dashed. However, got a call from Mahindra Customer Care that we have got lucky and have to pay Rs. 21000, if booking has to be retained. Another surprise was waiting; we got the date of delivery on 26th September, 2022!! But, due to shortage of trailers, the vehicle could not reach the dealer at Vadodara on time for first day delivery and so it was decided that we will take delivery on Dussehra.

PDI

Since, I was not in the city, my brother did the PDI. Vehicle was flawless and all electronics which could be checked were found working fine. My brother informed me that the vehicle has not run a single KM and when he asked the Service Advisor, he was informed that the vehicle has landed directly from factory to the Stockyard and hence the meter reading is ‘Zero’. I got worried whether it is normal, and sent a query to Team-BHP too in this regard.

Delivery

Took delivery on Dussehra, the overall experience with Caravel Motors, Vadodara was fabulous and they made us feel special. But, in midst of all the excitement they forgot to fill DEF, thankfully, my brother remembered at the last moment and arrangements were made to fill DEF causing a little delay in delivery. However, this caused a message “E22 DEF Dosing Malfunction” to appear on the display. Since, it was Dussehra and Service Centre was closed, the General Manager who was personally looking after the delivery told us not to worry and the error would be resolved next day at the Service Centre.
One and half Day at the Service Centre.
The vehicle was at the Service Centre for a day and half. I was informed that Mahindra has sent their engineers to dealerships to support the service staff and he was thoroughly checking the vehicle for any other issue and hence it took so much time. Further, he has flagged AC Compressor needs to be replaced since the amount of AC water draining is more. I am not a very knowledgeable automobile person, but I felt that it was unnecessary since the AC was working fine. May be Mahindra Engineers are being over-cautious!

My vehicle was delivered and I was told that since compressor is not available readily, it will be changed after few days. Same evening, the Service Manager along with Mahindra Engineer visited my home and updated the software. After the update, I feel the Bass of Speaker System has improved, also Alexa began to work. Further, I informed the Service Manager that I am going back to Dehradun and will not be able to send the vehicle for compressor change; he assured me that everything will be arranged in Dehradun. He asked me not to worry that he will co-ordinate everything.

1250 Kms Journey from Vadodara to Dehradun and Comparison with XUV500

Mahindra has made an amazing vehicle, although it is not perfect but nothing in this world can be called perfect! Scorpio-N is miles ahead in ride comfort and at par with XUV 500 in handling! Great Sounding Music System for me at least and has got all the required features which are needed in day to day usage. The AC worked fine during the whole trip and it’s a chiller, I am still wondering why Mahindra wants to change it! Although this 2 Ton SUV can achieve great speeds but it should be driven like a SUV only, keeping physics in mind. One more thing, my little daughter has the problem of motion sickness and we always have to give her syrup to prevent it, but she didn’t need it during this journey, though she needed the syrup even for small travels in the XUV500.
However, despite of the above points, I would still say XUV500 is much more practical car for highway trips in comparison, since the practicality and amount of space XUV500 offers is such that we had to struggle to find places to put our stuff in Scorpio-N, especially the little Glove Box makes it very difficult to put your little things.

Conclusion

My Scorpio-N is due for first service, since compressor is awaited. Though, I feel the Luxury Pack and Automatic could be cheaper by at least 1 Lakh, however, as far as the vehicle is concerned, in approx. 1700 Kms of running I am generally happy with the performance and comfort and also with the care being taken by Mahindra to resolve issues if any.
Rahkehs is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 18:41   #1793
BHPian

Autocar has done a comparison of 4x4s.
https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...of-muck-425866

What is disappointing, (though not fully unexpected) is how poorly some off-road creds of Scorpio-N are such as breakover, approach, and departure angles. I have been waiting for Scorpio-N and just sitting on the fences to proceed with the booking, but this makes me slightly worried.

TBHPian and popular youtuber Anshuman has also highlighted a few of these things on his Instagram handle. Having a good 4x4 hindered by poor angles is no better than pseudo SUVs with good ground clearance I feel.

As more people put the Scorpio-N to use, the picture will become clearer.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-screenshot-16.png  

ralto is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 19:35   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralto View Post
What is disappointing, (though not fully unexpected) is how poorly some off-road creds of Scorpio-N are such as breakover, approach, and departure angles.
Once I stated this doubt I had in my mind that Scorpio N might not be a perfect choice for a peaceful or uneventful winter Spiti kind of off-roading or extreme adventures. The experienced members here got little annoyed. It's all about physics and mathematics of the vehicle shape and dimensions. Just by seeing the bottom part of the vehicle one can understand why these doubts came in my mind. I took the pain to bend, to kneel down and get my head and hands below the vehicle. Anyway, since I don't have any off-roading hands on experience, remained silent.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 00:50   #1795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
5 adventurers, 31 days, 40+ passes, and one gigantic record.
Adhiraaj Singh and his tribe of thrill-seekers are en route to set an unprecedented record. Fuelled by sheer adrenaline and driven by the will to create history, they are already halfway through their mission at #TheHighPassChallenge with the All-new Scorpio N and the Mahindra Thar. .
Source- https://www.facebook.com/MahindraAdv...60321239509173

The above report is from 27th September. Now they have successfully completed the challenge. They covered a total to 50 high passes.

Pic courtesy - Adhiraaj Sing & team.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-305770771_10160321239809173_8527203081576500534_n.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-306838659_10160321239639173_7591679225134754213_n.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-308016736_10166729306330451_8769639611540372146_n.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-308417543_10166722970775451_8071806192614429600_n.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-308649778_10160321239624173_7471578760922277305_n.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-309207701_10160321239649173_7570996098647892304_n.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 14th October 2022 at 00:59.
Samba is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 08:40   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
They covered a total to 50 high passes.
Hey Samba,
Any idea if these were on petrol or diesels?
Cheers
starter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 09:00   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralto View Post
Autocar has done a comparison of 4x4s.

What is disappointing, (though not fully unexpected) is how poorly some off-road creds of Scorpio-N are such as breakover, approach, and departure angles.

TBHPian and popular Youtuber Anshuman has also highlighted a few of these things on his Instagram handle. Having a good 4x4 hindered by poor angles is no better than pseudo SUVs with good ground clearance I feel.

I agree with you that the specs don't boast a lot for the ScorpioN. However, I like what I see in the Autocar video:

With the ease with which the Scorpio overcomes some of these obstacles is inspiring. Yes, the car has low ground clearance, but it did fairly well on the obstacles - deep ruts, slushy terrain - with stock HT tyres.

With the Scorpio, you get a mix of both - a good comfortable luxurious (kind of) BoF vehicle, and also a capable offroader. Is it the best offroader - it is not. Most of the folks who are interested in the car, are looking at a spacious SUV, that can be used for the occasional fun and probably get them out of tricky situations. And at a price that is far lesser than the Toyota. Just my thoughts
acquillew is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 09:05   #1798
BHPian

I just completed 700Kms and a strange issue since yesterday.

The distance to empty is now showing 999Kms and the fuel gauge is showing more quantity.

Though these are anyone's wishes, I know that both these metrics were low on the night before.

I am making a note of this for my 1st service (targeting next week) but any insights on what could be the reason? Or is it just a faulty sensor or a wrong position of the sensor?

Mine is Z8L D AT 4WD.
Old 14th October 2022, 09:30   #1799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Samba,
Any idea if these were on petrol or diesels?
Cheers
Unsure about the Thar, but Scorpio-N should be a diesel, as the new Scorpio-N 4WD only comes with a diesel engine.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:11   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
I just completed 700Kms and a strange issue since yesterday.

The distance to empty is now showing 999Kms and the fuel gauge is showing more quantity.

I am making a note of this for my 1st service (targeting next week) but any insights on what could be the reason? Or is it just a faulty sensor or a wrong position of the sensor?
Could be sensor issue. You can try doing the reset and see if it works. Ultimately, it is another software. You can try doing factory reset as well by taking out the negative terminal of the battery for couple of minutes. This was told to me by the SA during the PDI. However, best would be to take care of this during service. For all you know, software upgrade may fix this.

Last edited by alokk0912 : 14th October 2022 at 10:14.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks