Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2023, 13:30   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is surprising since a malfunction of the sensor should make your check engine light come on. I find it very odd that there was an error when you scanned but CEL light.

Now a days you can can get a good blue tooth ODB scanner and install Torque Pro on your phone. You can scan and reset error codes you self.
Kindly suggest a good OBD scanner. Also this Torque Pro is compatible with all the scanners?

Can see a lot of options in both OBD scanners as well as apps. Kindly suggest the proper functioning one.

Thanks.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 9th May 2023 at 13:31.
Old 9th May 2023, 23:34   #2537

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
Hi, did you get any solution from Mahindra team? I am expecting my vehicle shortly and looking for roof carrier. My Sales advisor also mentioned about rattling sound coming from carrier and showed me one removed from one vehicle.
Thanks
No, I didn't get any response yet from the dealer. I have removed the roof carrier and kept it at home. Perhaps, i need to pay a visit to the dealer.
Kathiravansub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 23:52   #2538

Finally, after the long wait, I got my Z8 delivered on 22nd Apr, over 2 weeks ago. I have clocked nearly 950 km in the car. In fact, we had hit the 800 mark on the 10th day. I had the first free service (glorified word for inspection) done yesterday, also got under-body rust protective coating done (more about this later).

This all started around 12th Apr when the SA called and told me that the vehicle is allocated and I would get it in 7-10 days. The same evening I was calling many tire shops to change my old car's tires, thank god he called on time. Then the vehicle arrived in the yard after 5 days and I did a PDI. SA denied me from taking videos while doing PDI but I insisted on taking videos, so he brought the car to showroom and allowed me to take videos (said its not allowed to make videos in yard, no one knew the reason). I was happy with the PDI and went ahead with the registration.

There are couple of updates to this bunch of vehicles compared to the Z8Ls that were delivered in the beginning
1. Engine is BS6 stage2 compliant
2. There is a flat bed in the boot with an organizer to bring a flat profile the the boot, this has improved the boot's ability to organize luggage well and the organized storage beneth the flatbed is useful to store small stuff like documents, cleaning equipment and more.
3. Sunroof gaps have been filled with some hard material, hopefully it's waterproofed now.
4. There seem to be a software update to the reverse camera which has increased the framerate significantly, but the pixel clarity remains the same pathetic one.

After 3 days we took delivery on 22nd. All went smooth. We didn't drive the car much for a week as it was a busy week at work. Over the next weekend we travelled to Mysore. Drive was completely effortless, I could just keep driving on the expressway without any fatigue. Got an FE of around 11kmpl.

Then we had to cut short our 4 day Mysore trip to 2 days and leave for Salem due to an unfortunate news. Drive to Salem was through MM hills and 50% of the route was 2 lane state highway, 30% was forest and mountain path, 20% was 4 lane highway. I completed this 230km journey in 5 hours with 1 bio brake and no sighs of fatigue. I was damn impressed with the comfort, driving posture and sheer power on offer. Not a single time I had a need to switch to manual mode, not even while taking hairpin bends. Vehicle performed very well.

We returned from Salem to Bangalore after 2 days, this time it was a complete 4 lane road and no question of discomfort at all.

Overall I saw an FE of around 8 in 2 lane SH + forest + mountain roads, 12+ on NH. Overall we clocked 800 Kms on the odo within the first 10days of the car and now the car started reminding me of a service.

I booked a service through Mahindra app on the only slot available very next day, it chose the service centre on its own, I thought it was mandatory for me to stick to the schedule and when to the service station, Sireesh service station near Marathalli. But the advisor said they were working full capacity and to get the car next day early at 9. I also requested to update the software as Android auto wasn't available. Then I realised that there is no meaning to the service scheduling functionality on their app.

Yesterday I took my car to Sireesh servicestation on Singsandra road as its closer to me. I requested for under body rust proof coating also and paid for that. Requested them to update software as well. My gut asked me to stay back due to lack of trust in their process as I had a small list of requests that the advisor was not very keen on listening to. I stayed back, there was a decent waiting room with charging points for me to charge my laptop and work.

I thought the work would be done in couple of hours but to my surprise they completed inspection and wash after 4 hours and they broke for lunch. I had back to back calls till 5PM and I got busy. When I went to the car at 5PM they had not done the software update, under body coating was told to be done but it was not done. If I had not checked both before leaving, I would have repented. Service advisor was pathetic in following up his tasks, I litrelly did his job form 5pm till 7PM. But the software update was a fail. I left my car there and came home as they requested for another day to fix the software.

Next day after several followups, service advisor said they will change the infotainment system and they need to keep the car for couple more days. I refused and asked to connect the call to software folks, they said a different story. They said there is no need for software replacement but they need to wait for another update as Mahindra has stopped roll out of Android auto due to the screen freezing issues. I brought the car back as service advisor failed to arrange for a driver to send the car home.

That's all update for now. Hope some of these points would be helpful for prospective buyers, happy to take questions.
mantaray is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 00:01   #2539

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
So I did some trial of checking the mileage as per speed and tested for 50kms with cruise control for each speed.
Below are the figures I got

106 kmph for 50km=12kmpl

96kmph For 50km=14.3kmpl

86kmph for 50km=16Kmpl
Yes, you are correct. I recently completed a road trip of around 1500kms. Before the trip, odometer showed 11.5kmpln due to city drive in Chennai traffic. By the time i completed 600kms on one way, it went up to 14.5kmpl. Then some local short distance drive took it down to 13.2kmpl. When I came back to Chennai, once again I drove 550kms and the last 2 hours of my drive was under heavy rains. Had to drive in traffic for major part between ulundurpet to Chennai and yet managed to reach 16.5kmph. of course I had to drive light footed to get this number. However when someone annoys you, all you need is a small push on the accelerator to do a quick overtake by compromising on the mileage for few seconds and then you can go back to your relaxed driving mode with a light foot. It's an amazing BEAST!

Last edited by Sheel : 10th May 2023 at 06:38. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 10th May 2023, 07:39   #2540

I have got a z8 D AT. While I am still learning how to drive an automatic car, as this is my first automatic; I took it for a 40 km mileage test drive on highway. I got a maximum numbers of 23.2 kmpl, which is easily achievable in my opinion with intelligent use of cruise control.
My other car, Honda amaze diesel once gave 34.5 kmpl between Delhi and Chandigarh with A/C on all the time. Still giving upwords of 25 on highway.

Looking forward to extract some good numbers from the New Beast.

Disclaimer- Here with Z8D , I was driving alone with A/C off. Also, all these numbers are MID numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-20230506_061415.jpg  

Old 10th May 2023, 14:01   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Kindly suggest a good OBD scanner. Also this Torque Pro is compatible with all the scanners?

Can see a lot of options in both OBD scanners as well as apps. Kindly suggest the proper functioning one.

Thanks.
I'm using the generic ELM327 clones off Amazon.
They all work the same.

The Wifi ones are quicker. However, that also means they take your phone offline. The plus is that you can use your laptop to connect to the tool quickly.

Since I use it for SOS code lookup/cleaning CEL warnings, the standard cheaper Bluetooth one suffices for me.

Here's a link to what I bought recently: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
wooka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:06   #2542
BHPian

Tire upgrade dilemma

Have been left confused about a tire upgrade for my 4x4 Scorpio N.

The car is equipped with 255/60R18 MRF Wanderer A/S tires on a 7.5J 18" alloy. The first issue is there seem to be no worthy options available in stock size, and with the feedback about the already limited fender gaps, I was less inclined towards wider tires. Still, figured a 10mm increase would be tolerable and has been undertaken by many owners. Went through the options and concluded that the Yokohama Geolandar G015 would be my best bet as my primary usage will be on-road with the occasional adventure trip thrown in.

The Yokos seem to be highway biased with good reviews for wet road performance and are also known to do reasonable in snow/icy conditions (something that would be very helpful if I ever found myself in the lap of a snowy mountain pass). Other alternatives like the Conti AX6, Michelin LTX Trail seem to be more Asia-Pacific weather focussed summer tires with no real data or reviews available for their winter performance. And ofcourse there are the Indian Apterra AT2 and CrossDrive from Ceat which are seemingly well rated but there's zero empirical data or testing of Indian tires. So Yokos it would be, or so I thought.

It has been impossible to source them in the 265/60R18 size in Kolkata, with the explanation being that new batches are on hold, and due to being newly manufactured in India the company has sent them for testing/certification to Japan before they start sending them to dealers. Also, meanwhile I got a good look at the G015 in a smaller size which was also made in India and could not find the three peak mountain snowflake logo anywhere on it! So the question arises, are the made in India G015 using different compounds, and does that take away one of the big draws of the tire?

During my search for the Yokos a couple dealers outright suggested that I continue with the stock MRFs as they are good sturdy tires and should handle everything thrown at it. So, anyone who has been running the stock MRFs, could you please throw some light on their performance on wet highways pertaining to handling and aquaplaining? I'm tempted to give them an honest go for a few years, but would hate to find out they perform poorly in the wet and be stuck with semi worthless tires after putting a few hundred km on them.

Help a confused soul out.

Last edited by ask99 : 11th May 2023 at 10:08.
Old 11th May 2023, 11:45   #2543
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tire upgrade dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
So, anyone who has been running the stock MRFs, could you please throw some light on their performance on wet highways pertaining to handling and aquaplaining? I'm tempted to give them an honest go for a few years, but would hate to find out they perform poorly in the wet and be stuck with semi worthless tires after putting a few hundred km on them.

Help a confused soul out.
Aquaplaning -

These tires work very well in heavy rains with pools of water on the highway \ expressway etc , you will do well into the wrong side of the speed limit, in the pouring rain and in the dead of the night. It will easily dismiss large pools of water, no problem. Will it be the same once the tires run around 40K Kms? I do not know yet, but it is unlikely to retain the same performance post 40K kms. So 3 years \ 40K kms is a good time for a change perhaps.

Handing -

What you miss in comparison to a Bridgestone Dueler D684 II is that sharpness in the steering, the initial turn in is a bit softer in MRF but otherwise its fine. Use it for 3 years and then change it to another set of MRF, it is anyways fitted to the batch that has gone to Australia as well - so there is that.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 12:46   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask99 View Post
Received this letter after pushing my SA on more details regarding the availability of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on my Z8.

Happy to have some sort of formal commitment, even though no timeline has been provided for the update.
I purchased mine in October 2022.
My AdrenoX subscription is valid for one year.
Is Mahindra updating subscriptions for all ScorpioN customers or select few?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_7801.png  

Old 11th May 2023, 14:14   #2545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I too have the same. I am yet to check with customer care but my guess is they are offering an extra year who are yet to get even Android Auto. For some of us who already have AA, I believe we only get 1 complementary year. But, we should push for extended year as we are yet to hear anything on CarPlay.
Old 11th May 2023, 15:26   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Aquaplaning - These tires work very well in heavy rains with pools of water on the highway \ expressway etc , you will do well into the wrong side of the speed limit, in the pouring rain and in the dead of the night. It will easily dismiss large pools of water, no problem.
Use it for 3 years and then change it to another set of MRF, it is anyways fitted to the batch that has gone to Australia as well - so there is that.
Thank you. Nothing beats first hand experience. Such an emphatic approval of their wet highway performance definitely helps get rid of any doubt about these tires and I'll give them an honest go for a few years and see how it performs as it wears down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I purchased mine in October 2022.
My AdrenoX subscription is valid for one year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
I am yet to check with customer care but my guess is they are offering an extra year who are yet to get even Android Auto. For some of us who already have AA, I believe we only get 1 complementary year.
They have provided the extra year subscription for Z6 & Z8 owners since they failed to provide both Android Auto and CarPlay. Not sure why they couldn't do the same for Z8L as they're missing CarPlay too.
Old 11th May 2023, 16:00   #2547
BHPian

Australian press reports 227 mm of ground clearance for the Scorpio N. Does this settle the debate on whether the Indian figure of 187 mm is genuine or Mahindra’s old habit of under reporting?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-794b7a3293c54297ab57943a174bdd48.jpeg  

Old 11th May 2023, 16:49   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
Updates on my Scorpio N Z8 D MT:

1. The vibration on the dashboard has increased slightly.

2. One very weird thing is out of the 4 doors, only 3 doors have the soft touch leather and front passenger side door has the hard plastic finish which comes in Z4/Z6. I have written to customer care and the sales manager have assured me that it will be fixed. But I am disappointed and to be honest scared a little bit looking at the quality inspections at Mahindra. If they have missed such a visible aspect of the car, what would have happened to some critical parts which are not so visible!
@Mods, Please delete this post as I am not able to edit it. The door panel seems to have been replaced at the PPF workshop. I went through their CCTV footage today and it looks like they have misplaced it. Working with them to resolve this issue. So to be fair, please update or delete this post. My apologies for the confusion.

Thanks,
Dheeraj
DheerajNK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 00:35   #2549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventus View Post
I have got a z8 D AT. While I am still learning how to drive an automatic car, as this is my first automatic; I took it for a 40 km mileage test drive on highway. I got a maximum numbers of 23.2 kmpl, which is easily achievable in my opinion with intelligent use of cruise control.
My other car, Honda amaze diesel once gave 34.5 kmpl between Delhi and Chandigarh with A/C on all the time. Still giving upwords of 25 on highway.

Looking forward to extract some good numbers from the New Beast.

Disclaimer- Here with Z8D , I was driving alone with A/C off. Also, all these numbers are MID numbers.
What speeds were you travelling at?
Old 12th May 2023, 16:44   #2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
What speeds were you travelling at?
Mostly between 60 to 70.. I am yet to take my car above 80.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks