Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2022, 10:17   #226
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Just bought the Brezza 2022 ZXi.Except for the low VFM quotient, I do feel it is a non enthusiast rounded package that will serve us for a long time. Detailed review coming up.
Attachment 2357170
Congrats on the new car, eagerly waiting for your review, I would like to know your thought process on how you finalized your decision and what other cars you considered as well.
Old 12th September 2022, 21:08   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebabBoi View Post
Has anyone noticed a weird kind of vibration occurring in the clutch pedal when picking the car up in 1st gear? Every person I have mentioned it to has completely denied it to the point I am genuinely questioning myself . Just got the first checkup done today at 1 month (760kms) and two of my trusted senior Service Advisors test drove the car and denied it as well.

It feels like a jerky spring or some friction generated in the pedal mechanism and feels really bad when operating the clutch.
I found the same on a Nexon manual 2021 second top (petrol) model (Exact model I am not aware of as myself not interested in Tata cars for the ordeal some unlucky customers have to go through just after purchasing , widely circulated on internet) . It is not present on my 2022 Baleno Alpha model.
Old 12th September 2022, 22:35   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebabBoi View Post
Has anyone noticed a weird kind of vibration occurring in the clutch pedal when picking the car up in 1st gear?
Is it a vibration or a jerky forward motion experienced mostly right after a cold start? The jerky forward motion was there in my brother's petrol Swift, and once the car is heated up, it was not noticed. Usually this was happening during a cold start, when we try to move the car without applying accelerator. Its not happening if accelerator is applied.
Old 13th September 2022, 06:09   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
Congrats on the new car, eagerly waiting for your review, I would like to know your thought process on how you finalized your decision and what other cars you considered as well.
Infact there were very few options. We considered the VW Taigun 1L TSI AT and the Tata Punch / Nexon. Tata Punch had a solid build (as per GNCAP) but does not feel like a 10 L car. The Punch looked like a Mahindra KUV / Auto-Taxish look, had a poor engine and its AMT gearbox was a disaster to drive. You have to "stand on the accelerator pedal to make a brief progress / overtake". Tata Nexon was too quirky for our taste. Felt like an old Indica on stilts. The petrol 1.2 turbo on the Nexon was more powerful but the FE in the city was not as good as in the Brezza. I have a couple of colleagues who have Nexons with 7-8 kmpl mileage in Kerala city drives (Read highway).

Brezza gearbox was okayish in city roads. The car does mask speeds on the highway. The steering is ultra light and artificially weighs up beautifully at speed and my non-enthusiast wifey liked the ride and 'handling'. Try to ram the throttle and Brezza behaves like a "loud tortoise". It responds poorly to sharp throttle inputs, but works wonderfully if you caress the throttle and plan your overtakes.

She also liked the Taigun, but the ride was a bit stiff for broken roads. Moreover we would have to pay additional 3 L for the Taigun, which is a longer car and difficult to maneuver about in town.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 12:17   #230

Anyone facing issues with allotment of Brezza AT in bangalore area? The dealer keeps saying that ATs are not getting dispatched by Maruti.. Wanted to verify if this is the case.
Old 13th September 2022, 12:57   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhi84 View Post
Anyone facing issues with allotment of Brezza AT in bangalore area?
I guess he is saying the truth coz my dealer said the same thing till today. I follow up every 10 days once and today he gave some positive news saying he is expecting some cars to arrive this month end and one of the cars should be my zxi at. Keeping fingers🤞
Snowflakes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 14:08   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing issues with allotment of Brezza AT in bangalore area? The dealer keeps saying that ATs are not getting dispatched by Maruti..
Yes, it seems true looks like there is less supply of AT version from Maruti. I know a friend of mine who is waiting for more than 3 months now. He booked sometime in early June, still there is no positive news of allotment. BTW which dealer you are referring to ?
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 16:52   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Yes, it seems true looks like there is less supply of AT version from Maruti. I know a friend of mine who is waiting for more than 3 months now. He booked sometime in early June, still there is no positive news of allotment. BTW which dealer you are referring to ?
Looks like everyone in the same boat.. even i booked early June. Dealer is Kalyani motors
Sudhi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 19:54   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing issues with allotment of Brezza AT in bangalore area? The dealer keeps saying that ATs are not getting dispatched by Maruti.. Wanted to verify if this is the case.

We booked the previous version Breeza in March. They had supply issues for red black dual tone brezza. Once the new brezza was announced we shifted the booking for the new one. Hence we got allotment early. Else it is difficult now. Only Lxi / Vxi s are coming from Maruti due to chip shortage.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 19:58   #235

Quote:
Hence we got allotment early. Else it is difficult now
Very true. We had booked back in July and had to compromise on colour for an earlier delivery(due to a cancellation). Else, it looks like AT cars won’t be delivered before Oct.

Quote:
Just bought the Brezza 2022 ZXi.
======
Detailed review coming up.
Congratulations! Please post the review soon, I’m eagerly excited for the same. I’m hopefully getting delivery by Thursday.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th September 2022 at 06:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 13th September 2022, 22:01   #236
BHPian

Dear new Brezza AT owners, how much average fuel efficiency are you getting in both city and highway driving conditions, with a sedate driving style?

Last edited by RijuC : 13th September 2022 at 22:02.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 08:16   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Dear new Brezza AT owners, how much average fuel efficiency are you getting in both city and highway driving conditions, with a sedate driving style?
I have done around 1300kms so far on my zxi+ AT.

1. With sedate driving in very less traffic on a sunday the maximum FE I managed to get was around 17.2kmpl with intermittent use of AC. This was over a distance of 94kms.
2. With about 60% highway and 40% city driving I get around 14.5kmpl with AC on, this is our usual pattern of driving.
3. In bumper to bumper traffic in the city with AC on when the traffic is moving by inches the worst I got was 7.2kmpl.
Shonith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 00:05   #238

Finally, I was able to personally see my (to be) car (did not so detailed PDI but trie to follow Team BHP PDI maximim possible).

This is my first car and whatever I know about cars is due to this mighty forum.
Started car search in Nov-2021 with following test drives/showroom visits:
(1) Nov-2021: XUV300 AMT. What do i or my wife know of AMT jerks (as we had nothing in our mins to compare other than driving achool cars)? Nothing.
(2) Jan-2022: S-cross MT. I connected with the car. Good interiors, AC but being a new driver I was really worried about the size and not full visibility of bonnet. Suspension's positive view by rear passenger. Shortlisted.
(3) Jan-2022: Astor MT. Again connected with car, interiors felt like a dream to own. Overall a happy experience. Big size if the car was a concern still. Booked. Waiting of 1 year (later converted to 1.5 year)
(4) Jan-2022: Kiger CVT. With not soo good feeling about interiors (specially seat belt positioning), biased mindset with issues of no return of steering and mud issues I started the test drive and realized that engine + gearbox is a match made in heaven. I almost booked 2021 manufactured car before flipping out finally due to perceived Brand future concerns (Ford scenario was fresh in mind). Opted out. If given a chance to drive a car other than the one I am opting for finally, I would happily drive this car many more times. On road or on TV, I still look at this car with smile on my face!
(5) Jan-2022: Venue iMT with soonroof: I felt like roof was touching my hairs (I am 5'8"), it might be due to seat adjustments. Then came difficult part, I almost felt like stopping test drive within half KM of drive as my mind was confused with no clutch but gearbox present. I moved on for search of other cars.
(6) Jan-2022: Brezza MT: I felt at home with proper exterior design (I am old school and like boxy designs), commanding drive position, roomier interior (but no match to Astor/S-cross) and throttle response as S-cross which i liked already. Shortlisted.
(7) Jan-2022: Sonet iMT. I did not test drive, but for me this was not just a car but like an interior designed marvel, only just bit cramped one like its sister I saw earlier.
(8) Feb-2022: Urban Cruiser AT: Most welcoming staff. Driving experience was just a half notch below to Kiger CVT.
(9) Feb-2022: Magnite CVT. Test drive car had a punctured wheel. Car was making noise more than of my liking and interiors were not so great. If I had to choose of Kiger/Magnite knowing they are similar type of cars, I would have chosen Kiger but the road presence and exterior astherics go with Magnite in my opinion.

I realized ultimately the best place for me to be with is a Brezza/Urban Cruiser AT.
Next few months went in negotiations with Toyota dealers (No discounts from Maruti whatsoever other thab meager 5k moved me towards Toyota) and engaging my employer as this was a corporate booking.

With new Brezza coming in July-22, all discounts and negotiations were then off the plate and eyes closed went ahed with Brezza ZXI. New version is lot more costly and I had to settle with manual version with registrtion costs of Karnataka in mind.

If I go back to November-2021, it feels like i somehow wasted time, confused myself by testing many a machines at the same time, and then finally coming back to my original preferrences which I had from the start (4 cylinder bigger engine fitted on a car with less NVH, linear throttle response, boxy design and AT/CVT gearbox). Ultimately I compromised on 1 aspect (AT gearbox) due to price and I am now waiting for delivery of Breza ZXI MT in next 2 weeks.

On other hand, the only car which matched very few criterias I had but still I shortlisted and still like is a Kiger CVT. Apologies, I am not a good writter, but hope I properly penned down what I intended to.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220913133831.jpg  

dharm27 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 09:24   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
In city driving with mostly bumper to bumper traffic with AC on getting FE of 14.9.
Highway driving got FE of 20.9.
Have driven about 1500 kms so far and now will get good FE as getting used to the hybrid system.
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 11:01   #240
BHPian

Brezza MT owners! what is the instantaneous mileage shown on MID while cruising ~100 Kmph? Really difficult to do these speeds in Delhi during TD!

I am stuck between MT and AT.My use case is 90% weekend drives(~200Km) and 10% city drives.

ZXi MT is available. Dealers aren't saying anything concrete about AT version.

Help will be appreciated!
buntee90 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks