Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2022, 12:12   #301
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why we're booking the Brezza: Loved the styling, comfortable ride quality (awesome suspension tune), smooth torque-converter AT, 4-star safety & features, can't go wrong with a Maruti for long-term ownership & reliability, there is an exceptional dealer (Vitesse) and workshop in our neighbourhood
Congratulations and happy driving to your family. The new Brezza does look uber stylish and very different from the outgoing car (in a nice way). You've weighed in the pros and cons very objectively to match your use case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
Verdict: Overall it's a good car, with lot of useful features some of it I believe will become a norm in the future like the 360 degree camera, 6 airbags. It's a bit expensive and misses out on certain features and has a less engaging mileage oriented engine. But I feel this car will make up for it with reliability and inexpensive ownership experience.
Congratulations and wishing you many years of reliable rides. Very well summed up initial impressions. While I'm still sitting on my booking for the Grand Vitara strong hybrid, I'm eagerly waiting to test drive the Brezza. I have no qualms about the top speeds the 1.5 NA can do, just wanting to be sure overtakes and quick acceleration can be easily managed with the shifters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
What is the waiting time scenario for other dealers in Bangalore? How do I escalate to get my car alloted quicker?
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Looks like there is a shortfall in delivery of the Brezza AT version in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeBdrivE View Post
I am from Haryana. It’s the same story here as well. Manual ( all variants) available within 15-20 days . But for AT , there is 2-3 months waiting.
It's the same with RNS and Varun in Bangalore, where I happen to know senior folks at the dealership. There indeed seems to be a delay in delivery of AT cars.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 17:18   #302
VIZ
BHPian

Thank you everyone for their feedback. I was told that my car (ZXI+ AT) is allotted from factory and it will reach Bangalore in 2 weeks.
I'm planning to get TPMS, Dashcam, Door sil, Front parking sensor, mud flaps and rain Visor as accessories. Am I missing any other essentials?
Old 3rd October 2022, 16:30   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you everyone for their feedback. I was told that my car (ZXI+ AT) is allotted from factory and it will reach Bangalore in 2 weeks.
I'm planning to get TPMS, Dash cam, Door sil, Front parking sensor, mud flaps and rain Visor as accessories. Am I missing any other essentials?
Congratulations and since I have ZXI+ AT my humble opinion

* TPMS - Not much of a help but would recommend a tyre inflator (many options online and also there is a post in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...foot-pump.html (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump))

*Dash cam - See that it does not void your warranty or if opted for extended warranty. Even if your dealer fits it as hard wiring is needed for the parking option.

* Front Parking Sensor - Already there as you are opting for the topmost model. [ https://www.marutisuzuki.com/brezza - specifications - 360 View Camera ]

* Door Sil - Mud flaps - Rain Visor - you will find all in https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...za-accessories
select vehicle - Brezza - 2022 till present
select variant - Z+
Old 4th October 2022, 23:00   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
Yes , I agree with you they have to be prioritizing vitara as they can make more profit out of it. I have a booking of both Vitara & Brezza , Nexa dealer is ready to allot my car and has been requesting me to come see the car but I will be canceling the booking as it's out of my budget.There was a good 30 days between my bookings and both are automatic. Adding timelines to support our theory

* Booked my Brezza in 2nd week of June
* Booked Vitara in last week of July
Hi Snowflakes,

Did you get your brezza from Mandovi yelahanka ? I have also booked brezza ZX MT on 3rd Sept. Still eagerly waiting for allotment and delivery. Any idea how long it may take ?
Old 5th October 2022, 12:51   #305
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Brezza has reached 8 lakh sale milestone.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-555ac5169ae14705aa922f3d403004c2.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-bab3bdaebd8b4dd8a8ddf128c969e034.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 13:15   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgouda View Post
Hi Snowflakes,

Did you get your brezza from Mandovi yelahanka ?
Yes I have booked from there. Manuals I believe don't have very long wait times. When I visited the showroom they were ready to offer me a zxi manual in red but my preference is automatic only.

Who is your SA there , Try reaching out to Mr. Ravi Kumar/Pavan they have been very transparent so far.
Old 5th October 2022, 14:06   #307
BHPian

I did a TD of Brezza manual today. It is a really good "5 seater" car for everything be it on city or highway drive minus 2010 like interior, competition is way ahead in terms of interior quality and feel. Engine is smooth and silent till 90km/h but above that it feels strained and noise creeps into cabin. It was doing 3000ish rpm at 100km/h. Maruti should have given 6-speed manual. Other than this car is spacious, good looking, practical and being a maruti realiable. One thing I noticed, rear left headlamp unit was misaligned and easily visible from far out. TD car was July manufactured. This was the case with 3 other cars as well. Did Maruti fixed it in later manufactured cars? If someone got August or Sept. manufactured car, is it the same?
Old 5th October 2022, 14:14   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Brezza has reached 8 lakh sale milestone.
Assuming that MS BREZZA going to sell another 40-45k more units in the remaining 3 months of this year, this brings us near to the best ever yearly sell of this car including Vitara Brezza avatar. Most importantly Brezza do not have Diesel option whereas it's nearest two rival Nexon and Creta are dependent on Diesel numbers. So, if basics are set right, even petrol engines can sell in volumes.
Another good news is for Hybrid sectors, for they can challenge the Diesel Engines to a great extent with good combination of Petrol and Electric motor until we can move to pure EV.
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 21:41   #309
BHPian

I was excited by the looks of Brezza but wasn't too happy with the automatic test drive. Given that it is only about a lakh cheaper than City CVT ZX, I am inclined to go for City. Even though I live in Bangalore and the roads are very bad.

Brezza was passing all the road potholes jerks directly inside , maybe due to high tyre pressure. The interiors are basic. The engine is too relaxed as described by many. It was a struggle to get car to run fast. Paddle shifters are better at this.

City is top class sedan and Brezza is a basic crossover. I can't fathom why crossovers command such a premium! They have similar chasis, just larger tyres and higher GC.

Do people have any thoughts?
Old 5th October 2022, 22:05   #310
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
* Front Parking Sensor - Already there as you are opting for the topmost model.
Yes it has 360 degree camera but front parking sensor comes only as accessories.
BTW, why do you think TPMS is not helpful?
Old 6th October 2022, 12:21   #311
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to get TPMS, Dashcam, Door sil, Front parking sensor, mud flaps and rain Visor as accessories. Am I missing any other essentials?
Would you tell us which showroom in Bangalore. Looks like this showroom is more prompt, so I can proceed with my booking too.
Old 6th October 2022, 14:42   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it has 360 degree camera but front parking sensor comes only as accessories.
BTW, why do you think TPMS is not helpful?
I am posting 360 cam view so you can get an idea about front parking sensor.
Regarding direct TPMS my opinion is since the company does not provide in the vehicle or as accessory have to be dependent on third party providers and have to get it installed and won't show in the car display. For Mercedes/BMW or Audi it comes as standard fitment which shows in their car display. Also sharing the details of direct TPMS pros and cons "https://www.bridgestone.co.in/en/tyre-clinic/drivers-essential/tyre-pressure-monitoring-system-how-tpms-works". So I would prefer to keep a tyre inflator in the boot.
Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20221006_1346331.jpg  

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20221006_1346051.jpg  

ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 19:13   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
City is top class sedan and Brezza is a basic crossover. I can't fathom why crossovers command such a premium! They have similar chasis, just larger tyres and higher GC.

Do people have any thoughts?
Here are a few reasons I can think of,
  • Higher, comfortable and a more commanding seating position for the driver - less strain on long drives

• Higher GC leading to a more confident drive on bad roads and speed breakers

• Easier ingress and egress for passengers

• Most cSUVs in India have crossovers like characteristics, so you get the best of both worlds

• And for a few, a sort of pseudo status symbol of owning an SUV

BTW, the humble Brezza has come a long way from where it started. At a little over half a million bucks, you get all the bells and whistles that you could only see in competition till recently
Old 6th October 2022, 20:14   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Here are a few reasons I can think of,
  • Higher, comfortable and a more commanding seating position for the driver - less strain on long drives
  • Most cSUVs in India have crossovers like characteristics, so you get the best of both worlds

BTW, the humble Brezza has come a long way from where it started. At a little over half a million bucks, you get all the bells and whistles that you could only see in competition till recently
Thanks. A few points:
Brezza isn't very comfortable. Seats aren't good, driver seat has poor lumbar support (wise than 2010 Swift), rear seats are like a basic bench.

Aren't all these cSUVs, actually crossovers?

Brezza is almost same cost as City. So, I think it is pretty expensive compared to City.
Old 8th October 2022, 07:50   #315
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latebloomer View Post
Would you tell us which showroom in Bangalore. Looks like this showroom is more prompt, so I can proceed with my booking too.
Pls see my earlier post here. It was not anyway nearer to prompt . Showroom is Bimal Autos, Whitefield.
VIZ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed