Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 22:32   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
...My question is, can I switch from ‘D’ to ‘M’ and vice versa at any speed, or there is any restriction? In ‘D’ mode, I pressed paddle shifter and felt that car downshifted, the inst cluster also displayed it, but SA said paddle shifter works only in ‘M’ mode. Can anybody please confirm?
Yes you can shift while the car is in motion from D to M.
Paddle shifters work in both the modes but in D mode if you press the paddle shifter (up or down) then the engine will shift to that gear and after sometime again the automatic takes over.
Yes I have shifted to M mode and drove for sometime in heavy traffic but then realized or to put it humorously that I have purchased an AT after driving MT for 30+ yrs so shifted back to D

For your second query about how to overcome the short length am posting a link which might help
https://www.amazon.in/Oshotto-Non-Sl..._dp&th=1&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
Thought of sharing how I got my car zxi+ AT in just one and half months. I had booked brezza at 2 different showrooms in mangalore, bharath and mandovi. I was in touch with both of them from the time of launch asking them "whoever gives me the car first I am buying it from them".
From July to mid August I got call for 3 AT models.
1. Was from bharath it was a red zxi AT. I didn't want a zxi so I rejected. This was in the 2nd week of July.
2. Was also from bharath this was a red zxi+ AT dual tone. My wife and I both didn't like the color so it was rejected.
3. Was from mandovi, I had called them up and to my surprise the sale's lady told me that there is a white zxi+ AT in Bangalore at mandovi stockyard. I told her I would buy the car. I had to make full payment before they actually brought the car to mangalore. I was ok with it as I trusted them since mandovi is where we are servicing our previous cars for almost 23 years now.

I kind of feel when you pitch them against each other that's when things start happening your way.
I initially booked my Brezza in March 2022 much before the new model was launched. But since last 18+ yrs have cultivated relationship with the dealer and the workshop guys ( previous cars Maruti 800 - SX4 and still have Wagon R) since I regularly get my cars serviced and repaired here. All credit goes to them for upgrading my booking to the current model and the Chief workshop manager constantly took up the delivery issue with the company so was able to get delivery of my desired colour and the variant. Also got a good bargain in the sale of my SX4 and the loan procedure.

Many of my queries have been answered on the mobile and tips provided by them.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th October 2022 at 15:58. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 01:25   #347

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
I have opted for corporate lease program
Mine was through a corporate lease as well. It is ZXI MT and I was alloted car twice. Once mid-July, and then August end. I had to leave allotment of mid-july as my organization was dilly dallying.

August end allotment was the best one, as both the dealer and my organization woke from the slumber almost at the same time. In fact my organization was ready with purchase order few days earlier and at that time dealer said wait till Mid-September. But within 3 days they came back with stock availability of my choice. I was not pushed for any accessories, nor i bought insurance from them (they knew it as it was a corporate purchase).
Old 16th October 2022, 21:25   #348

Hi

is it possible to exchange the alloys of Brezza with the XL6? Are they a match? I liked the XL6 top end star shaped alloys and want to fit them to a brezza.
Old 16th October 2022, 21:33   #349

Went and sat in three top of the line automatic Brezzas at a dealership with the engine running. Can clearly hear the engine noise inside the cabin at idling in all the three cars.
Old 17th October 2022, 15:51   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
Got the Brezza zxi+ mt delivered
Finished a trip yesterday which was named "Southern Lasso" - a result of how the route looked on gmap.
Kolkata-Hyderabad-Hampi-Coorg-Cunoor-Pondy-Vizag-Kolkata, and a few local runabouts, clocking a trip total of just over 5k kms.

Had a few additional insights, adding them below.

1. For overtakes, come down from 5th to 3rd. The grunt is there, just a gear below.
On spirited highway runs I kept switching between 5th-3rd-5th and no overtake was scary or late.

2. The climb up to Ooty was fun. Took it mostly in 2nd, had to shift to first when encountering diesels climbing. They exploit the low end torque to the max on the hairpins (no complaints, one will drive their vehichle to its positives).

3. Car is very well insulated, to my ears at least. Music at moderate levels keep the minor road noise at bay.

4. This suspension eats up bad roads. Not sure if I am abusing it but as of now I am getting faster with each broken stretch.

I understand I am still in the honeymoon phase, but am enjoying every KM till now.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-a629c430339f40da80b38392ed078faf.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-0e0d8a3d3731411d8b36dbe0451b9628.jpeg  

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-af09f6e175ea4c03a0d3a5e2beeb94d6.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 21st October 2022 at 17:30. Reason: Pic dipicting high speed driving deleted
cr4nkshaft is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 17:08   #351
BHPian

Mod note: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Do a Preview before posting also. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
I understand that the brezza with its pricing may have been a bummer for many.
=====
Keep it for a few years and sell it.
Very well explained. This is exactly what people need to understand

I'm going to choose between Brezza ZXI AT or GV Zeta AT (Difference of 3.5L OTR)

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th October 2022 at 18:00. Reason: Trimming quoted posts. Thanks
Eco_boost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 09:51   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtjm View Post
is it possible to exchange the alloys of Brezza with the XL6? Are they a match? I liked the XL6 top end star shaped alloys and want to fit them to a brezza.
No, it won't match as the tyre size are different. XL6 has tyre with smaller width compared to the brezza. The only alloy which was same as the brezza was of the s-cross. Grand vitara now comes with 17 inch rims.
Even I felt brezza's alloy don't look so good. But sadly there isn't any OEM option available to change it with.
Shonith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 20:25   #353
BANNED

As the CNG prices are rising consistently which is hampering the fuel demand as well as adoption. And the recent healthy discounts offered by maruti of 20-25k on CNG models over and above the convention discount on petrol model. Brezza CNG seems highly skeptical.
Chevyspark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 04:33   #354
BHPian

Waiting for the Brezza CNG since so long. I'll be booking it the day it launches. Please launch it soon Suzuki
Kartikaygaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 15:57   #355
BHPian

So, after checking out the Grand Vitara on 23 October (my views on that mentioned in the Vitara thread), I went straight to the Arena showroom (Vishnu Cars) in Ekkadunthangal, Chennai.

For a big showroom + service centre, there was nobody inside - might have been because of the festive season.

I checked out the ZXI+ AT model kept for test drive (there was no Brezza model on display). The Sales Advisor was gracious enough to quickly join me and my pa for an impromptu, unbooked test drive (again because there was only one security guard on the campus and nobody else, and the test drive car was just parked there).

What I loved: the stance, the headroom, the macho pseudo-SUV look from the sides and especially the rear (take that, ye hatchback named Venue), the refined drive at city speeds <40 kmph, the strong AC in the Chennai heat at 2 PM, and I'm pretty sure this car is going to be fuss-free for the next decade or so.

What my pa loved: the space, the way he could just walk into the car without either climbing up (Grand Vitara) or crouching down (City) (he has chronic knee issues at 70), the armrest which is just perfect for his arm to place on (the City's armrest stooped too low), and the way he has a commanding view from the rear of the car.

What I disliked: Limited ability to overtake without planning in advance, the hefty on-road price of 17,11,508 (not including any accessory packages like Terra/MetroScape) and that one open stretch where I wanted to overtake an Etios Diesel at around 50 kmph and the speed came in around 3 seconds after the noise, and the waiting period of 2.5 months quoted for ZXI+ AT (Red+Black Roof DT - second most popular booking option in that showroom after White monotone)

What my pa disliked: It's a Maruti, you know. Lesser snob value as compared to Honda. 'Desi' vs 'Phoren' brand reputation. I could only shrug at this and move on.

Now interestingly, I took him to check out the City ZX MT (almost exactly the same on-road price) at Sundaram Honda, like an hour prior to this. Outright, the Honda folks are not quite that helpful as the Maruti folks, but still ok, our focus was on the car only. And it's not like they are the only Honda dealers in town.

The Honda City in comparison has acres of space and legroom and my pa thinks this is a real classy premium car to step out of, while arriving at functions and stuff (that image matters to some older folks).
But then three major issues:
- The front overhang nicely scraped the ramp in front of the showroom itself, leaving the SA red-faced just when he finished saying the ground clearance is more than sufficient.
- The rear camera is pathetic and my pa called out later that the Brezza has costlier cameras.
- My senior citizen pa struggled badly to get in and out of the car (probably the most important point). He was rubbing his knees and limping for a few metres, after getting in and out just once.

With the intended usage and the intended passengers, my brain clearly tells me that the Brezza is a much better option, while my heart tells me iVTEC Bro! But in life, you need to be practical at times. The City is not a great car for most senior citizens.

I only have that specific budget to throw around and cannot buy both cars (though I dearly want to). So it seems like the Brezza is winning over the City.

Another point to note is: The Maruti SA informed me that all cars delivered till 31 March 2023 will be of 2022 manufacturing year because of the 'massive booking volumes'. I'm quite cool with this as I don't care two hoots about resale, but not sure how other customers might take this.
Small Bot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 16:18   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
The Maruti SA informed me that all cars delivered till 31 March 2023 will be of 2022 manufacturing year because of the 'massive booking volumes'. I'm quite cool with this as I don't care two hoots about resale, but not sure how other customers might take this.
I think this is simply untrue. If they would be selling 2022 make cars for next 3 months, it would imply their supply route is really inefficient, as the piled up demand on one side can't be met with cars that are ready to dispatch. I am sure Jan mid onwards, people will be getting 2023 make vehicles, and this statement is mainly to fool customers to buy end of calendar year cars without any discount.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 23:31   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post

What I disliked: Limited ability to overtake without planning in advance,
Did you try the paddle shifter to down-shift while overtaking, or still with paddle shifter it is slow to overtake?
I test drove it, but missed to checkout the overtake.
I booked it in mid August, now latest update from the dealer few days back is "We want to Keep you updated that due to High demand waiting period of your booked vehicle has been changed from 12-16 weeks to 20 – 24 Weeks.".
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 00:01   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Did you try the paddle shifter to down-shift while overtaking, or still with paddle shifter it is slow to overtake?

"We want to Keep you updated that due to High demand waiting period of your booked vehicle has been changed from 12-16 weeks to 20 – 24 Weeks.".
I did not use the paddle shifters. The SA said that the gearbox would automatically kick down to a lower gear to complete the overtake quickly and then shift up after the speed has reached a certain point. It did what he said, but took a couple of seconds more than anticipated. Also, it upshifted a bit faster than i expected, almost as if the gearbox was unhappy with the high RPMs. Which meant that I had to now factor in a slightly longer stretch of empty road to plan the overtake. Of course, paddle shifters would definitely reduce that time required by a little.
That is what I meant by needing to plan the overtake a little in advance, given the limitations of the engine + gearbox. It's not a car meant to be driven hard, though it is quite capable of overtakes.

And yes, I was quoted a waiting period of 2.5 months upfront for the ZXI+ AT, which could still extend till Jan end, as per the SA for the colour I wanted. The MT has a slightly lesser waiting period, I think - because the SA kept trying to steer me towards an MT.
Old 26th October 2022, 11:15   #359
BHPian

quote:
[What I disliked: Limited ability to overtake without planning in advance, the hefty on-road price of 17,11,508 (not including any accessory packages like Terra/MetroScape) and that one open stretch where I wanted to overtake an Etios Diesel at around 50 kmph and the speed came in around 3 seconds after the noise, and the waiting period of 2.5 months quoted for ZXI+ AT (Red+Black Roof DT - second most popular booking option in that showroom after White monotone)]

My post of 14/10/2022
Also had ease in overtaking as just pressing the accelerator the car shoots after about three seconds and as in previous trip did not plan my overtakes. The credit to this goes to the works manager who explained to me that when you press on the accelerator the hybrid recognizes that the car needs more power and so apart from the usual engine power the battery also powers the engine generating extra torque which accelerates the car.
Old 26th October 2022, 11:31   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
quote:
The credit to this goes to the works manager who explained to me that when you press on the accelerator the hybrid recognizes that the car needs more power and so apart from the usual engine power the battery also powers the engine generating extra torque which accelerates the car.
Reminds me of the XUV700's "kickdown mode". If you need a quick overtake, literally floor the throttle so the car will kick down a gear to enable faster acceleration to complete an overtake. Is is a similar trigger on the Brezza?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks