Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2022, 20:03   #391
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgouda View Post
Hi snowflakes,

Did you get your AT brezza from mandovi ?.
No. I still haven't got my car. Diwali promise was not kept. New date is around 3rd week of Nov. My suggestion is go ahead with a new booking but don't cancel the current booking as getting brezza with any dealer is tough. If you cancel the booking they charge you 500 Rs.
Old 30th October 2022, 11:41   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Did anyone from Bangalore region got any delivery update?
I got an email from Kalyani yesterday that there is a further delay. This was the 1st official communication I ever got from Kalyani after my booking.
Email says current wait times are 14-16 weeks for a new booking. They are not saying how long it is for the existing booking as I have already crossed 14 weeks of waiting.

I was told they have sent this email to all of their customers who are waiting.

Is Maruti prioritizing production of Grand Vitara (or other models) over Brezza? or are they short supplying to South region?

If we look at it another way in terms of numbers -

Maruti showed some 45000 bookings at the time of launch on Jun 30th if I remember correctly.
40K New Model Brezza's have been dispatched so far as per the September (Jul+Aug+Sep)car sales report posted on this Forum.
Did not consider June (4.4K) numbers as it could be a mix of old and New Model.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-analysis.html (September 2022 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)

That means, can we assume that they have just cleared the deliveries for most of pre-launch bookings by September?

If they added at least 25K bookings by mid-July (that is when I booked) and assuming they have dispatched minimum 15K Brezza's in October.
At least 10K vehicles will move to November delivery list.

So, I believe there are high chances (considering cancellation from the total bookings, AT models having longer wait? etc.) of getting the vehicle in November for the bookings made in July.
On the worst case, if there are more bookings in July, then definitely we will have to wait until December for Sure.
Dealers definitely overcommitted by at least 50% when they assured 4–8 weeks delivery for the earlier bookings including mine.
Hi HummerH,

As per media reports, i see by end of Aug , they had 1Lakh bookings for brezza.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...tails/2647767/

Their monthly sales report says :

July - 9,700
Aug - 15,193
Sept - 15,445
Oct - 15,000 (estimate)
Nov - 15,000 (estimate)
Dec - 15,000 (estimate)

So i see, to clear the bookings made till end of Aug , it may go beyond Dec. Even if there are cancellations and high production , at max delivery may happen by Dec end.

Even i am waiting since 2 months now (booked MT ZXI on 3rd Sept).

Its quite possible that with production/delivery starting for Grand vitara , brezza delivery may slow down.
Old 30th October 2022, 12:00   #393
BHPian

Hi All,

I am upto to my wits end now regarding Maruti's car allocation. Its now touching 3 months since I've booked a ZXI+ AT Brezza and all the suggested deadlines have passed.

Now, my dealer's representatives refuses to even give me a "sane" estimate and are just throwing around numbers like "8 months to 1 year waiting period". They are polite but seem to be absolutely clueless.

Calling Maruti is of NO HELP AT ALL. All they do it to refer me back to the dealer. All I was hoping to do was talk to someone from Maruti to give me a fair estimate. Which is seeming to be impossible, as I do not have any leads.

Is there anyone here who would happen to know the contact details of a Maruti employee looking after sales/customer service in Himachal Pradesh? With every passing day, this experience with Maruti is getting bitter.

Thank you for reading.
Old 30th October 2022, 14:38   #394
BHPian

Finally took a longer test drive (~20 kms) up and down the GST Road near the Chennai Airport. This was from ABT Maruti, Alandur.
In addition to what everyone else has said, here are a few more points I'd like to add - Imposing front grille, roomy cabin, the red+black looks way better in person, the paddle shifters make a clear difference in overtaking and huge+heavy people can fit in quite nicely (I'm a large, rotund person and I did not hit my head anywhere).
If i book today, I'll get the ZXI+ AT in March 2023, is what I'm told. 4.5 months waiting for the AT. I hope this improves next year once the Vitara eats more into the sales.
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20221030_132337477_hdr.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20221030_132346759_hdr.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20221030_132401012_hdr.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20221030_132423491_hdr.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20221030_132158020_hdr.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20221030_132152442_hdr.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img_20221030_132214816_hdr.jpg
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 11:37   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_9 View Post
Requesting a response from any of the new Brezza owners. Can you please look into the user manual and confirm what Fuel is recommended for the new C series engines? Is it still E10 or does it support E20?

If it is just E10, did you check with your service centres on how they would support you with required modifications in the future.

If anybody could share the pdf of the user manual, that should be helpful too. Thanks
I did check this with Maruti sales rep in Hyderabad from two showrooms.
They confirmed Current Brezza is not supporting E20 petrol (20% ethanol blend). One show room also mentioned that even the situation is same with Grand Vitara also.

1. One dealership in HYD even denied test drive of Brezza. They told me that car delivery will take six months. So there is no point in doing test drive and booking

2. Another dealership in HYD, was ready to book, and deliver vehicle in approx. 3 months. They also confirmed that E20 petrol is not supported. The sales rep mentioned - "We are not getting BS6 diesel at all pumps yet. So you need not worry about this sir !!!". That's right, but when I am buying a new car, I would like to future-proof it.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st October 2022 at 15:11. Reason: typo edited
ravikumar.neti is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 31st October 2022, 13:27   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikumar.neti View Post
I did check this with Maurthi sales rep in Hyderabad from two showrooms.
They confirmed Current Brezza is not supporting E20 petrol (20% ethanol blend). One show room also mentioned that even the situation is same with Grand Vitara also.

1. One dealership in HYD even denied test drive of Brezza. They told me that car delivery will take six months. So there is no point in doing test drive and booking

2. Another dealership in HYD, was ready to book, and deliver vehicle in approx. 3 months. They also confirmed that E20 petrol is not supported. The sales rep mentioned - "We are not getting BS6 diesel at all pumps yet. So you need not worry about this sir !!!". That's right, but when I am buying a new car, I would like to future-proof it.
Thanks for your response. Recently read that by March 2023 entire Maruti car line up would be E20 compliant. Also, all new cars in a phased manner would be E20 compliant from now on. So we can expect that to start with GV and slowly Brezza. So basically if you book now during the delivery the car should have E20 compliant engines, especially considering the long waiting periods.

I am pleasantly surprised that the sales rep are aware of this in hyderabad. Here in bangalore they do not have a clue what E20 is, i visited several showrooms not just maruti and nobody had an answer, just blank faces. Starting April 2023 all manufactures have to make sure their engines are e20 compliant and yet the dealerships have no clue as of now. (Obvious that they do not want customers to delay their purchase)
Old 2nd November 2022, 22:23   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_9 View Post
Thanks for your response. Recently read that by March 2023 entire Maruti car line up would be E20 compliant. Also, all new cars in a phased manner would be E20 compliant from now on. So we can expect that to start with GV and slowly Brezza. So basically if you book now during the delivery the car should have E20 compliant engines, especially considering the long waiting periods.

I am pleasantly surprised that the sales rep are aware of this in hyderabad. Here in bangalore they do not have a clue what E20 is, i visited several showrooms not just maruti and nobody had an answer, just blank faces. Starting April 2023 all manufactures have to make sure their engines are e20 compliant and yet the dealerships have no clue as of now. (Obvious that they do not want customers to delay their purchase)

Hi,

Are you saying that brezza which will get delivered by Nov , Dec 2022 will most probably have E20 compliant engine ? Do you think buying brezza post Apr 2023 is the right thing to do ?
Old 2nd November 2022, 23:21   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Are you saying that brezza which will get delivered by Nov , Dec 2022 will most probably have E20 compliant engine ? Do you think buying brezza post Apr 2023 is the right thing to do ?
No, he means that if you book a car now you might get it only by march or april 2023 due to waiting period and by then E20 engine might start shipping in cars. It is better to have a E20 compliant car in a few months which will be future proof than buy a E10 compliant car now. I am pretty sure once E20 fuel supply starts completely in 2025, E10 won't be available anywhere. And if someone got a E10 compliant car, he is compelled to go for XP95 or unleaded fuel for better longevity.

Also, can someone confirm is Brezza "BS6 Phase-2" compliant(RDE norms)?
Old 3rd November 2022, 06:54   #399
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
And if someone got a E10 compliant car, he is compelled to go for XP95 or unleaded fuel for better longevity.

Also, can someone confirm is Brezza "BS6 Phase-2" compliant(RDE norms)?
Go for E10 eyes closed and don't worry about E20. Even if E20 comes get your vehicle retrofitted with CNG. Ethanol is having it's own set of problem and engine wouldn't be as smooth as on pure petrol. The smoothness of engine on CNG (made from imported LNG) is similar to that of XP95.
Chevyspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 12:55   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Maruti has mentioned they would be doing this in phased manner with the new cars, so hard to say which cars they would start with. GV might be the first one to get these changes.

Taking delivery Post March would makes lot of sense, it future proofs you (especially the resale value). These engines are not tuned for E20 but rather will have compliant materials. Maruti says they are also tuning it to make sure mileage is not affected , we need to wait and see.
Old 3rd November 2022, 13:15   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyspark View Post
Go for E10 eyes closed and don't worry about E20. Even if E20 comes get your vehicle retrofitted with CNG. Ethanol is having it's own set of problem and engine wouldn't be as smooth as on pure petrol. The smoothness of engine on CNG (made from imported LNG) is similar to that of XP95.
I think waiting for few more months is no big deal considering the waiting period of new cars. I hope people spend their hard earned money wisely. CNG is not everybody's cup of tea, takes up boot space, reduced performance in already not so exciting engine like the one in Brezza. Again all this purchase decision depends on individuals.

Countries like Brazil have adopted this technology since decades, E20 is pretty basic. Your statement might hold good for flex fuel engines because India might be the first country to have Flex fuel engine with BS6 Phase 2 Compliance. So there might be challenges in the initial phase. This will happen towards 2025.
Old 3rd November 2022, 13:18   #402

Trying to tap into some alternative thought process

Hello Folks,

Hope you all had a great Diwali. Just looking at some alternative perspectives which might help me align my thoughts.

I own an SX4 (M), 62K driven (wife drives it), 15 years completed, RTO certificate for 5 years completed (the new registration is yet to arrive). The car is hardly driven around as wife had developed a tennis elbow (which is ok now).

Ran into the guy who sold me the SX4 in 2007 and he asked me whether I was interested in a ZXi Brezza (Automatic 2022 model available in White/Grey). So, he is giving a good price for my SX4. About 1.7L ( I understand that it is great IMO) and some 50k discount on the new car.

He is adding an upgrade of painting the top black/silver, rear camera, mud flaps and mats.

We had a test drive in the new Brezza (6 speed automatic, I guess the old one a 4 speed AT) and my wife loved it. As we have a white SX4 my wife wanted a different color and having driven the red (dual tone) in the test drive she has fallen in love with it. We have to see the grey car in the garage either today or tomorrow.

So, now the question I asked my wife is whether she is compromising with the color. So that's for her to answer.

As for the car I believe not much of an upgrade from the old to the new Brezza.

Let me know any thoughts on -

1. How you find the deal? (My view - The exchange price offered SX4 is amazing. I just got Michelin tyres fitted at @55KM)
2. Is it a good bargain? (My view - Compromise is on the color)

Any other thoughts would also be welcome
And if some one really wants the deal badly than me can contact me (Bangalore). I can fwd the guy's contact

Yash

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd November 2022 at 13:30. Reason: Thread moved
yash_anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 00:20   #403
BHPian

Re: Trying to tap into some alternative thought process

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash_anand View Post
We had a test drive in the new Brezza (6 speed automatic, I guess the old one a 4 speed AT) and my wife loved it. As we have a white SX4 my wife wanted a different color and having driven the red (dual tone) in the test drive she has fallen in love with it. We have to see the grey car in the garage either today or tomorrow.

Let me know any thoughts on -

1. How you find the deal? (My view - The exchange price offered SX4 is amazing. I just got Michelin tyres fitted at @55KM)
2. Is it a good bargain? (My view - Compromise is on the color)

Yash
I also had SX4 (Silky Silver) since 2008,with falcon tyres, it completed 14yrs and had 142174 kms on the odometer when I sold it in March 2022. The reason being parts not available. I went for Brezza ZXI+ AT(Splendid Silver), Pic attached and am using it. I did not want the dual tone for which would have to shell out more. You cannot compare SX4 with Brezza as both are in different categories. But performance wise superb as new technology.
Bargain is good and there is no compromise on the colour. For any other details you can read the posts of other Brezza owners in this thread. All the best for you new car.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20220812_143432.jpg  

ACMerchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 07:12   #404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash_anand View Post
Ran into the guy who sold me the SX4 in 2007 and he asked me whether I was interested in a ZXi Brezza (Automatic 2022 model available in White/Grey). So, he is giving a good price for my SX4. About 1.7L ( I understand that it is great IMO) and some 50k discount on the new car.
Yash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
I also had SX4 (Silky Silver) since 2008,with falcon tyres, it completed 14yrs and had 142174 kms on the odometer when I sold it in March 2022.
One question though, was/is your SX4 petrol or diesel? I think petrol, as you both have mentioned about a better performance for the new Brezza. In all the reviews that I have come across have mentioned the lackluster performance of K15C engine.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 07:33   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
One question though, was/is your SX4 petrol or diesel? I think petrol, as you both have mentioned about a better performance for the new Brezza. In all the reviews that I have come across have mentioned the lackluster performance of K15C engine.
My Sx4 was petrol and also the original engine not the K series which came in 2010 if I recall correctly.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks