Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 23:30   #31
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Agreed that the interior is definitely a step up from the old car - in terms of design, quality, or features. It is a decent place to be in and very unlikely that someone will call it a deal-breaker.

However, no, it doesn't set any benchmarks IMHO.
Agreed, makes sense.

I would like to add that especially compared to previous gen, the design of the cabin atleast has evolved quite a lot and is up to speed with the segment standards, the previous one was outdated when it was launched and looked ridiculous now.

So the new design is a big step up and makes the cabin look good now, in my opinion, the design is better than Venue and Sonet's cabins and looks somewhat inspired by Nexon's.

Quality is a whole another ballgame, they surely seemed to have stepped it up too but yes, it is no segment leader there but is not a huge dud either like it used to be, I would also like to make it clear, I'am not judging it as a 15-17 lakhs car as I can not see it there at all, the dynamics change sharply and the fit and finish and everything doesn't hold up well at that price point, especially in highly competitive market of today, I also feel especially in steeply priced Brezza, majority will not go for the top variants, but we may never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
Doesn't that manual AC controls look too basic in a car of this price. Silver knobs would've been better IMO
They look terrible, if I'am not mistaken they are shared with lower variants of Gen 2 Swift from a decade ago, these remind me of cheap knobs on semi automatic washing machines.
Rocketscience is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Did you test drive the 2022 Brezza? It returns back to center in the old one!
The Autocar review specifically mentions this. Please have a look.
MODS: Please confirm and add in review. Thanks.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 00:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Agreed, makes sense.

They look terrible, if I'am not mistaken they are shared with lower variants of Gen 2 Swift from a decade ago, these remind me of cheap knobs on semi automatic washing machines.
It is. Even our Ritz came with a better looking silver knobs, though same in design.
subie_socal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 06:45   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review!

There are 2 deal breakers to me though

1. Atrocious Pricing

What was Maruti thinking? - "Well, with new Govt safety mandates, it is no more economically feasible to make small cars. Let's have a few mid size cars and price them atrociously like Toyota. People will anyways buy them"

There are proper SUVs(Thar/Scorpio N Z2 & Z4) and superior C-SUVs with better engines in the same price range.

2. Boring Engine

18 lakhs on road, for what? A 4m Pseudo SUV with an engine that can put you to sleep on the highway? No, thanks.

All said and done, People will go crazy over the new Brezza. It will top the sales charts rather quickly.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 7th July 2022 at 06:49.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 07:37   #35
BHPian

Great review as usual!
Brezza is the only exciting car for me in the MSIL portfolio. It looks like it just got better. Having scored 4-star already and with a new set of features, this should be the car for people who want fancy tech and good safety besides the reliability offered by MSIL.
Rajamass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 07:59   #36
BHPian

3000 rpm in top gear at 100 kmph for MT is just too much engine stress and noise. Does not sound good for highways.

Very useful observation by the reviewers.
ajayc123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 08:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

If you want a little more excitement for a LOOOT less go in for the Honda City 4th Gen Manual and save up on some 4-5 lakhs in the bargain. Honda City 4th gen comes only in one variant and it's on road price is around Rs. 11.76L! Basically the pricing will make even the diehard Maruti fans go *GULP* Even a Kia Sonet Diesel automatic will make more sense than this. Pricing of this old wine in new bottle may give us an idea as to how the Hyryder twins are going to be priced ) I've a feeling that Toyota is "teaching" Maruti to make a killing pricewise; me thinks that the Toyota Hyryder full Hybrid will nudge close to 25-30L OTR. There's huge competition and I was expecting Maruti to have a trick or two up it's sleeve, looks like it hasn't any...It's Mileage, mileage all the way...

Last edited by Durango Dude : 7th July 2022 at 08:06.
Durango Dude is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 08:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
If you want a little more excitement for a LOOOT less go in for the Honda City 4th Gen Manual and save up on some 4-5 lakhs in the bargain. Honda City 4th gen comes only in one variant and it's on road price is around Rs. 11.76L! Basically the pricing will make even the diehard Maruti fans go *GULP* Even a Kia Sonet Diesel automatic will make more sense than this. Pricing of this old wine in new bottle may give us an idea as to how the Hyryder twins are going to be priced ) I've a feeling that Toyota is "teaching" Maruti to make a killing pricewise; me thinks that the Toyota Hyryder full Hybrid will nudge close to 25-30L OTR. There's huge competition and I was expecting Maruti to have a trick or two up it's sleeve, looks like it hasn't any...It's Mileage, mileage all the way...
I am seriously tempted to think about this option even though I am not really in the market. Just curious, would you be able to comment on the noise insulation in the Honda city.

I was driving my Baleno this morning without switching on the audio system, and was not too pleased with the sounds of vehicles creeping in from all around, and engine noise filtering in too.
ajayc123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 09:53   #39
BHPian

The design looks overdone to me. With too much of plastic cladding it looks very odd. May be it might look good in real. The platform & drive looks similar to the older one and the increased prices are only for the features. I got a quote for the older one last month expecting some discounts as the new model would come, but there was nothing. Now at the older price of ZXI I could only get VXI.

Last edited by skpprabhu : 7th July 2022 at 10:02.
skpprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 10:04   #40
BHPian

Excellent review, I must say, very comprehensive
The most important observation was in the MT, 100 kmph at 3000 rpm. They should have provided a 6th gear and let it cruise at 100 kmph at ~2200 rpm, at least. Looks like there is no point in taking the MT on the highways, it won't be a relaxed mile muncher. So we are left with only AT and it is priced almost Rs.1.5 L over the MT. For a sub 4 meter petrol SUV I would personally not like to invest more than Rs.14 to 15 lakhs OTR and considering here that only the ZXI+ variant is providing all the updated touch screen an gizmos at Rs.13.80 Lakh it is a deal breaker for me. I think it is a big compromise if one buys the MT and a variant lower than ZXI+.
Old 7th July 2022, 10:08   #41
Team-BHP Support

My problem with the pricing of the Brezza is how they have priced a traditional NA petrol automatic above turbo diesel automatics of the segment -

Brezza 1.5 Petrol ZX+ AT - 13.8L
Kia Sonet 1.5 CRDi VGT AT - 13.69L

Given my poor ownership experience with Hyundai - I would place Maruti above an equivalent Hyundai, but this is purely an attempt at cashing in on their brand value to the maximum.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 10:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
If you want a little more excitement for a LOOOT less go in for the Honda City 4th Gen Manual and save up on some 4-5 lakhs in the bargain. Honda City 4th gen comes only in one variant and it's on road price is around Rs. 11.76L! Basically the pricing will make even the diehard Maruti fans go *GULP* .
200% true sir ! Honda City 4th gen makes lot of sense in present scenario when companies are interested only in increasing prices

I would blindly book ScorpioN Z4 Diesel MT for 17 lacs instead on this Brezza

peace
sulliavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 10:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you want a little more excitement for a LOOOT less go in for the Honda City 4th Gen Manual and save up on some 4-5 lakhs in the bargain. Honda City 4th gen comes only in one variant and it's on road price is around Rs. 11.76L!.
Exactly, the pricing takes the car in the Honda City territory. One can even go for the manual ZX version of the new City for the price one pays for say the top end trim of the Brezza. The City is simply more sheet metal per rupee than the Brezza. Interestingly Maruti is charging a premium for a car which is sold through their Arena outlets rather than the Nexa outlets which is supposed to be the one for premium cars.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 11:04   #44
BHPian

Surprisingly no comments on the very odd and out-of-place roof rails. I would have preferred rails integrated with the roof.
Old 7th July 2022, 11:39   #45
BHPian

This is one product where the average customer and even discerning ones like Team BHPians simply cannot look at the product on a stand alone basis while ignoring the price. While I agree, ignoring price is not possible for a buyer, but that cannot be the sole factor alone. This is where Suzuki is a captive of its own value for money image.

I bought the Hyundai i10 grand and till today am a satisfied customer on every front. But i look aghast how Hyundai has been pricing up their models slowly but surely to the point that their dealers say that there is no comparison of Hyundai cars with Suzuki or other Indian manufacturers. Today, Hyundai comfortably has profit margins on Creta that is comparable to even higher segment cars (I heard this from OEM peeps who do a lot of benchmark study) It is simply unbelievable!!

Given how Hyundai price new i20, i simply see Suzuki picking up a page from that book. In short term, they lose some sales, but if Cost is later not reduced, it gives a clear message to the market that company believes their product is superior. And customer gets used to paying that price. Can they pull it off is another question altogether. Suzuki certainly belives so. Going by what is happening in the market, i won't be least bit surprised if they pull it off.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks