Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2022, 01:29   #541
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
In multiple instances, it is mentioned that Brezza CESS will be 15%, but my invoice charges it as 17%, which I suppose is same amount charged everywhere as the car price is same as what is published. Can any expert please shed a light on this discrepancy of 15% vs 17%?
Any official reference on the Cess amount will be helpful too, then I can request a clarification from MSIL.
I have to correct on my earlier quote of 15% cess. It is rightly 17% as you've specified. IIRC the 15% cess introduced with GST was later updated to 17% to match earlier VAT rates.

Source: https://www.siam.in/cpage.aspx?mpgid...8&pgidtrail=85
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 10:55   #542
BHPian

Hello folks. I am getting a very poor mileage on my brezza zxi+AT. Around 8.5-10.driven around 577 km so far. First service guys said it's normal for a car that's been driven so little. Please advice.
Old 27th December 2022, 15:01   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Hello folks. I am getting a very poor mileage on my brezza zxi+AT. Around 8.5-10.driven around 577 km so far. First service guys said it's normal for a car that's been driven so little. Please advice.
You are right till @500 kms this is the FE you will be getting as the same with me. Luckily I had to travel @ 500 kms (one way) on the highway so completed @ 1000 kms and got the experience and FE of 19.5 kmpl. Just now completed another trip and got FE of 22 - 21.9. In daily commute getting FE of 15 - 16.9. the more you use the better FE you will get.
Old 27th December 2022, 16:29   #544
BHPian

Hello all

I've heard a couple of complaints regarding the SmartPlay Pro Sync app misidentifying the vehicle. I am well aware of it being buggy in terms of connectivity, but people are complaining of it misidentifying Brezzas as Balenos, and also failing to login the app in some cases by denying the validity of the entered mobile number, notifying that it does not match with the VIN.

As far as I am aware (little to be honest), it sources the VIN and identifies the car. What could be the reason for such anomalies?
Old 27th December 2022, 16:56   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KebabBoi View Post
Hello all

I've heard a couple of complaints regarding the SmartPlay Pro Sync app misidentifying the vehicle. I am well aware of it being buggy in terms of connectivity, but people are complaining of it misidentifying Brezzas as Balenos, and also failing to login the app in some cases by denying the validity of the entered mobile number, notifying that it does not match with the VIN.

As far as I am aware (little to be honest), it sources the VIN and identifies the car. What could be the reason for such anomalies?
Thanks for mentioning this. Yesterday spent close to 2 hours trying to sync car with SmartPlay pro as always the car showing up was Baleno. Many times I came out of the car to check if there is some other car around and then finally gave up.

However my Brezza that was delivered on 25th has the latest version of the software.
Old 27th December 2022, 23:44   #546
BHPian

Hey guys,
Can someone share how does Brezza fare in hills in terms of engine noise going downhill, tractability, body roll, fuel efficiency and overall comfort?
Thanks in advance
Old 28th December 2022, 08:56   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all

As mentioned in my earlier post the app is buggy and has not been updated. Also it was first enabled on the new model of Baleno so most of the time the VIN is correct but model mostly is shown as "Baleno".
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 08:59   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all

This is correct, even for my Brezza, it shows as Baleno, but the VIN is correct and the app works fine despite this glitch. As long as the VIN is matching, you may continue to use the APP. I used the APP to update the AVN system update to latest version and it worked correctly. Post the update, I am able to use Wireless Android Auto as well as have got navigation in MID and HUD.

Dont worry on the incorrect car shown in the App, just enjoy your new drive
shantanumishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 21:02   #549
BHPian

Hi All:

We (me and my colleague) had booked Brezza VXI MT at Kolkata on 31 Oct'22. Dealership made the booking on 1 Nov'22, I guess their quota for Oct was complete . One was Brave Khaki and the other was Magma Grey. Later on, another associate (not in office, cash deal) also booked a Grey one (same spec) Nov 3rd week.

In parallel, 2 of us were working with office leasing company for finalizing finance aspect. It is all sorted out (including using my 50% NCB on insurance and adding NCB protect). We got delivery mid-Dec'22 in the yard. We did a late PDI today as we were out of town. Looks good so far.

They have already invoiced to the leasing company. I understand the price change effect will not hit us as our registration will now surely be in 2023 Jan. Requested a confirmation from Leasing company (dealership sales guy says invoice is already done, so there is no impact), as they mailed saying that till delivery price can change.

If invoice is already done, then can the price change because the actual delivery was awaiting registration?
soleinkol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 00:56   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleinkol View Post

If invoice is already done, then can the price change because the actual delivery was awaiting registration?
Firstly, congratulations on the new car. I booked my Red+Black dual tone ZXI+ AT on 15 November, and I'm expecting that only in February end or March beginning, the demand seems to be that high for the top variant.

On your question, I don't think the dealer is allowed to change the price once the invoicing is done. If the proposed price hike was already considered before this commitment was given to you, the dealer has no rationale to change the price at the time of delivery.

But I've never come across this situation before in any of the cars purchased till date in our family, so I'd request any BHPian with experience on this to opine.

Last edited by Small Bot : 30th December 2022 at 00:57. Reason: Spelling
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 17:05   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
On your question, I don't think the dealer is allowed to change the price once the invoicing is done. If the proposed price hike was already considered before this commitment was given to you, the dealer has no rationale to change the price at the time of delivery.
Thanks for the response. Exactly my thought! I wanted feedback from the official of the leasing company. He confirmed today that our invoicing is done and therefore price is locked already as per 2022 pricing. We now need to wait for registration formalities, which is expected to take another 4-5 working days.

TBH, I was concerned that we would be subject to price increase given the long wait times. Don't know the reason (assuming it is the variant), but am happy that I don't need to spend any bigger amount than what I am paying anyway.

I hope to write a few lines when I get the delivery.
Old 5th January 2023, 10:47   #552
VIZ
BHPian

My Brezza ZXI+ AT car was dispatched on Dec 19th from factory and reached dealer yard yesterday as per dealer. Based on VIN, I found that car was manufactured in Nov 22. So I asked dealer where was the car in the mean time? He said he doesn't know and Maruti invoiced the car to dealer only on Dec 19th. Is it normal for a Nov made car to be invoiced only in December? Or does this need further investigation?
I did a PDI yesterday and the car exterior was full of dust, otherwise the car looks fine. I was not allowed to drive as there was no petrol.
Old 6th January 2023, 17:22   #553
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

Here I am starting the ownership thread of my Dual Tone Splendid Silver Brezza 2022 ZXi. Will be providing regular updates of the car hoping that it would help some prospect buyer to make a decision and also we can discuss on any queries that we Brezza owners might have. Will not go in as to how the buying exp. was as the car was booked at a known dealer so overall experience was very good. I eventually ended up in an odd situation where I had got\fitment of accessories for approx. 12K and the owner was not willing to bill me for that however I insisted and paid the amount but in return he did a tankful as a good will gesture.

Before I share more details about Brezza would like to mention the ownership experience of my previous car which is(A relative of mine has agreed to purchase it at 3 Lakhs) Swift Dzire ZDi 2012. Boy what a dependable car Swift Dzire is. In my 10 years of ownership experience and with 93K on the odo, only once did I have to go in for a part replacement which was if I remember correctly was coolant pump as coolant was dripping. Other than that, I had a niggle free ownership experience. The car on an average gave me a mileage of 16+ in city and 23+ on highways. The current mileage as displayed on MID is 23.1 km/liter. Had it not been for the shitty NGT ruling (since I work in NCR) I would have carried on with Dzire for another 5 years and would have bought an EV which would have suited my requirements.

Below are some of the screen shots from acar app where I have been maintaining all the expenses on the car since the day I owned it along with some latest pictures of the car. It is so cold out here in Northern part of India
that I have not washed the car for some days now so please pardon me for the dirty car.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220910075126.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220910075131.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220910075135.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220910075142.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220910075148.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220910075152.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20220910075202.jpg

Now for some data which I have maintained over a period of 10 years. The data is fairly accurate.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-screenshot_2022123022084220_b0c2496a694cd51cd6913fffd62d3733.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-screenshot_2022123022090071_b0c2496a694cd51cd6913fffd62d3733.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-screenshot_2022123022085397_b0c2496a694cd51cd6913fffd62d3733.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-screenshot_2022123022092781_b0c2496a694cd51cd6913fffd62d3733.jpg

Now moving over to Brezza, I have driven it for approx. 320 KM till date. Most of my drive has been on highway as I had to get the car back home from the showroom which was close to 280+ KM from my home.
The car really impressed me with the driving dynamics. Overall, it was very very comfortable to drive and the seating position was just fantastic. The seats are well cushioned and provides good support. Was dead tired when we started the drive back to home at 3:00 PM. Had to leave early morning at 4:00 AM from home on bus to the dealership where the car was to be delivered but even then drive back to home was not that tiring thanks to the comfortable
seats and the driving position. The car is fairly fully loaded but still had to install the below accessories amounting to approx. 30K.

1. Floor Mats (7D)- 2800
2. Key Cover - 200
3. Stearing wrap - 700
4. Seat Covers - 8500
5. Bowl - 300 (This is a plastic to prevent nails from scratching the paint where the door pull handle is present.)
6. Fog Lights - 5990 (MGP)
8. Side Beading - 2230(MGP).Installed it to reduce the black side cladding. Main reason for going for dual tone was to get some symmetry on black side cladding. With black roof, black side cladding is less obvious.
9. Chrome Front Grill - 650 (MGP)
10. Body Cover - 1600 (MGP)
11. Door Visor - 1500 (MGP)

Few positives about the car:
1. Fuel efficiency. Blown away with what I achieved on MID on the first highway drive. Got 18.9 KM/L on highway. Average speed was between 75 to 80KM/H. This could even have been better and I would explain later on as to why.
2. Vey happy with the suspension. Could not feel small to medium potholes on my highway ride. Body roll was also minimum. Probably when I drive at higher speeds would have a better feel of the same.
3. Vey very light and responsive steering.
4. Probably the best headlights Maruti has ever installed on it's car.
5. Seat belt reminder for the front passengers. This is of great help as it would keep on reminding you till you wear it.
6. Overall liked the design and the way the car has been built. Again, probably the best built car by Maruti for India.
7. Extensively used the cruise control on highway and really liked it's convenience. This is my first car with cruise.

Improvements/Negative -
1. Better touch screen infotainment system. Should have been more aesthetic. Too much plastic around the screens. Gives a cheap look.
2. Should have provided at least the armrest and fog lights. Second topmost variant not having fog lights is not acceptable.
3. Better overall finish. Having uneven gaps in light fittings and other places. I think this is a trademark of Maruti. Nothing much can be done about it.

Other Observations:
- I believe that the car is too huge for a sub 4-meter size. The height of the car is on the higher side and also the overall breadth of the car. It seems they are trying to compete with the likes of Venue and Creata with one single car. The car gives you the feeling of driving a Creta but an upgrade for Venue. I am comparing to the likes of other brands also like Kia and others. Let me know what the other owners who drive Brezza feel about this.
- For the overall size of the car the boot space is less.
- Wish there were two modes where the pickup Could have been slightly better. Overall, for normal driving the pickup is ok but in couple of scenarios when I was Driving on the highway and there was single lane wished that the pickup was slightly better.
- I have a habit of using clutch extensively. However, I now need to change this habit of mine. While driving my car from the dealer I observed my Hybrid Battery was totally depleted as I was using clutch when I would foresee that I need to reduce my speed and eventually stop. After some observation concluded that I need to let the car stop using regen braking instead of using clutch. Since my battery was totally depleted the car would never go to Hybrid mode when picking up after a complete stop else mileage would have been even better. Read about the same in the user manual in coupe of days while I was going through it.
- Wish there were couple of regen modes. Find the default to be too aggressive.
- Wish there was more space specially on the right side of the driving seat to keep small items which would be handy while driving.

Now for some photoshoot of the car:

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120236.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120245.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120254.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120306.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120312.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120325.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120338.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120340.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120355.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120358.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120400.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120416.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-img20221231120441.jpg

Be on the lookout for regular updates.
sunbaj is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 11:20   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Hello Bhpians,

Below are some of the screen shots from acar app where I have been maintaining all the expenses on the car since the day I owned it along with some latest pictures of the car.

Now for some data which I have maintained over a period of 10 years. The data is fairly accurate.
Hello sunbaj, Happy motoring with your new acquisition. Can you pls let us know which app are you using. I'm also planning to systematically monitor all motoring costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post

4. Seat Covers - 8500
One thing more, on the question of seat cover, did you check if the seat covers are compatible with the driver and passenger side airbags that are integrated into the seats?

Thanks!

Last edited by aditya79india : 8th January 2023 at 11:21. Reason: Spell Check and grammar - sticky keyboard!
Old 8th January 2023, 11:32   #555
BHPian

Guys I am facing an issue cleaning the black cladding on the car. Mud splatter seems to be hard to clean. I use 3M shampoo, it doesn't seem to work. I tried cleaning it with a soft brush and still no luck. This has been happening since the time we bought the car in August.

Its becoming a pain to keep the claddings clean, spot free. Any suggestions on how to clean it? I don't want to use strong cleaning agents as I feel it will end up degrading the black finish.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20230108_111055.jpg

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-20230108_111114.jpg
Shonith is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks