Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2022, 11:51   #46
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Seems Maruti Suzuki placed orders for millions of window switches in advance so they are giving these same cheap looking switches in their most premium car. No offense to either owners but I ain't paying 15lkh ₹+ for a car which has interiors worse than a i10 with Alto's window switches. High time Maruti treats it's premium car as actually premium. The interiors fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired, that brown shade looks tacky, could have chosen a better shade. And with the pricing more than Sonet / Venue, I wonder who will pick this up !
Akshay6988 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 12:41   #47

After this so called new family bonding of Maruti Suzuki & Toyota, aren't things getting more confusing ? apart from the naming nomenclature look at the sharing of parts bin For ex : that heads up display, steering wheel design, door padding and all, i mean with the interior pictures of Toyota Hyryder (damn the prefix :urban cruiser )still fresh in mind its annoying to note that this new found partnership is heavily engaged in sharing same parts across the different segment models, where is the exclusivity ? these brands wants us to bask in their past glory while offering us average quality standards in the name of cost cutting & product feasibility, icing on the cake is prices are commanding a premium for no reason & are heading northwards by each passing month.
fnftech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 12:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Wrong recipe: basically Maruti has hiked Brezza's price prohibitively for just a few features and a slightly premium interior more with absolutely no change in driving experience and with a petrol only "insipid" motor...going to Honda City Territory. Maruti is learning the wrong lessons from Toyota on pricing it's products (we all know what happened to the Yaris), this looks like how the Govt hikes taxes once in 5 years "prohibitively" without any value addition.
Durango Dude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:13   #49
BHPian

Two clarifications please :

1. I understand that the new Brezza do not come with uv cut glasses. True?

2. Do the headlight low beam remain lit while high beam is switched on ?

In my opinion, uv cut glasses and tpms would have been a lot more useful than sunroof and hud. I am yet to meet someone who opened sunroof, other than to demonstrate it to friends during the initial days of ownership.

Last edited by 9216 : 7th July 2022 at 13:17.
9216 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:15   #50
BANNED

Thank you for the very comprehensive review.

I am so disappointed to know of the buzzy nature of the engine at highway speeds. 120kmph at 3000rpm is not great for an 1.5liter engine
Old 7th July 2022, 15:55   #51

Excellent Review Omkar and Crazy Driver!!

The Brezza sure looks more mature and well rounded than the previous version. For someone who wants Maruti's peace of mind ownership, better fuel efficiency, excellent resale value, and 4 STAR GNCAP Rating (hoping this version will score the same as the outgoing Vitara Brezza) - this will suit the best.

Additionally, it now comes with all the standard bells and whistles (Sunroof, ESP, HUD etc).

Granted the prices are on the higher side, but its a seller's market after all. Maruti is sure taking a gamble. If it succeeds, it does not bore well for common man!
chamonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 16:01   #52
BHPian

Just a question to everyone who is criticizing the pricing of the new Brezza.
How would you have reacted had the car been longer by 250 mm with an additional 100 liters boot?
Old 7th July 2022, 16:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

Tail lamps on the new Brezza bears quite the resemblance to the Nissan Pathfinder! Strange coincidence.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-brezzapathfinder.jpg

On hindsight, if Suzuki had moved the number plate recess to the bumper, like in the Nissan Pathfinder too, the design could have been much cleaner.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 7th July 2022 at 16:34.
aravind.anand is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 17:07   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
No offense to either owners but I ain't paying 15lkh ₹+ for a car which has interiors worse than a i10 with Alto's window switches. High time Maruti treats it's premium car as actually premium. The interiors fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired, that brown shade looks tacky, could have chosen a better shade. And with the pricing more than Sonet / Venue, I wonder who will pick this up !
Well the order backlog from MS and soon the sales figures will show if people prefer this over Sonet/Venue. The interiors now are at par if not better than the Korean twins!

The most important is the 4 star rating that the earlier version received, with this one expected to be close to 5 stars with additional safety features added. So many would prefer this over the Korean Tin cans which barely managed a 3 star rating and had unstable structure.

Last edited by midazolam : 7th July 2022 at 17:10.
midazolam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 21:41   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
How would you have reacted had the car been longer by 250 mm with an additional 100 liters boot?
I don't think everyone is criticizing prices of all the variants. As CrazyDriver mentioned, it is the automatic variant pricing that looks way off, and i agree too.
TheWanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 21:49   #56
BHPian

Crisp review as always guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Driving the 1.5L Petrol MT

[/center]

The K15C motor is also available with a 5-speed manual transmission on the 2022 Brezza. The performance of the MT is largely identical to that of the AT though there are a few differences. The MT feels slightly peppier in lower gears and accelerates better in the mid-range... The Brezza is strictly a relaxed cruiser with nothing for the enthusiast.... It's best to enjoy cruising at speeds of 80-100 km/h. What CrAzY dRiVeR and I didn't appreciate was that the engine revs at 3,000 rpm at 100 km/h, which is on the higher side.
Overall, the 5-speed box's shift quality is acceptable. However, in today's time and age Maruti should have given it a 6th cog for efficiency and more relaxed cruising.
Looks like Maruti have chosen the lazy way to keep the MT drive train unchanged from the Ertiga/XL6. I had the exact same feeling while driving the new Ertiga on an open stretch of road. While I appreciated the low speed drivability of that car under peak load (6 decent sized adults and 2 kids), out in the open, my hand just kept looking for that extra slot based on the engine tone.

All said and done, I feel Maruti have made a carefully calculated move in terms of where they wanted to add value w.r.t. features and what they can get away with w.r.t. pricing and choice of drivetrain etc. All that remains to be seen is the verdict of the Janta.

On a side note - that asymmetrical touchscreen housing is just pushing my OCD into hyperdrive. Has anyone else felt it looks really weird?
Name:  2022marutibrezza03.jpg
Views: 2775
Size:  30.7 KB
Romeo_Mike is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 21:56   #57
VIZ
BHPian

This article says that a part of the reason for increase in price is usage of imported High strength and ultra High strength steel to improve crash test score ( as confirmed by Maruti executive CV Raman)

https://theprint-in.cdn.ampproject.o...h%2F1025741%2F
VIZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 22:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Well, I think Vitara or Hyryder is the car you are looking at? it basically has same/similar interiors, and same engine (mild hybrid ones) with extended body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
that asymmetrical touchscreen housing is just pushing my OCD into hyperdrive. Has anyone else felt it looks really weird?
For me it looks like Darth Vader from star wars!

Name:  darth_vader.jpg
Views: 2638
Size:  25.5 KB

Last edited by prajwalmr62 : 7th July 2022 at 22:39.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 22:30   #59
BHPian

I agree to the most comments above.

It is like an old wine in old bottle. Maruti lost an opportunity to redesign it to make a contemporary looking car like what Mahindra did to Scorpio.

Rear look good compared to old design but for the front they have retained same ugly looking grille.

The price Maruti is asking opens other options for e.g. one can get proven, more accomplished, bigger diesel Creta in that price range.
IP_Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 22:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
On a side note - that asymmetrical touchscreen housing is just pushing my OCD into hyperdrive. Has anyone else felt it looks really weird?
Attachment 2330578
Honestly never noticed it until you pointed it out. However, I think once you are in the driver's seat you would never notice that. To the driver's view, it wouldn't seem odd.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed