Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2023, 08:30   #736
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Guys as we all know that the temperatures are on the rise in India I am encountering a strange issues in the infotainment system which was not there in the winters.

After approx 30 minutes of operation the Infotainment system just randomly disconnects. I have been encountering this issues more in the last 1 month since the temperatures have risen.

Has anyone else also observed the same?

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:24. Reason: Typos.
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:21   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Has anyone else also observed the same?
I've been driving at mid-day in 40°C temperatures and I've had a few times where the Android Auto conked off. As in, it doesn't switch on and says there's an error with my phone. No amount of restarting the car or the phone helps.

The only way to solve this seems to be deleting the phone's profile from the car infotainment system and then reconnecting all over again, causing a fresh phone profile to be created. Takes maybe 5 mins to do all this.

This has happened at least 5-6 times since I got the car in February. It's not been so bad that I need to report this as an issue, so I left it at that.

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:26. Reason: Corrected typos in quoted post.
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:17   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
I've been driving at mid-day in 40°C temperatures and I've had a few times where the Android Auto conked off. As in, it doesn't switch on and says there's an error with my phone. No amount of restarting the car or the phone helps.
Can you try keeping you phone near the AC vent for 15-30s when this happens and then try reconnecting (i.e. let is cool down nice and proper)? Btw, is this wireless AA or wired?

Cheers

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:27. Reason: Trimmed quote.
kedar_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:21   #739
BHPian

Quote:

The only way to solve this seems to be deleting the phone's profile from the car infotainment system and then reconnecting all over again, causing a fresh phone profile to be created. Takes maybe 5 mins to do all this.

This has happened at least 5-6 times since I got the car in February. It's not been so bad that I need to report this as an issue, so I left it at that.
I am sure that this is not due to phone heating as I use a magnetic vent type holder which keeps the phone cool. I am of the assumption that this is due to the Head Unit getting hot as I have touched the head unit and it is pretty hot when this happens. Also I do not have to delete the phone profile to get it reconnected.
sunbaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:31   #740
BHPian

Never happened as have been using the car since Aug 2022 completed @ 14k kms. Also I use Google maps, Spotify and phone extensively while connected to the head unit.
Old 23rd May 2023, 17:01   #741
BHPian

Yeah, it does not seem to be a heating problem for me. Neither the phone nor the Head unit seems really hot at any point. My AC is generally on 24/25°C and blower at 4 bars, so it usually is blasting cool air 5-10 minutes after starting the car.

I think it's more of a glitch with Android Auto, but it's not been so bad as to take it to the service centre yet.
Old 24th May 2023, 09:20   #742
BHPian

Quote:
As a side note, I've noticed that the exchange deals given by the dealers are usually not nearly as much as what Cars24 / Spinny and the likes offer. Would you want to consider that as an option? The dealer could be underquoting the price for your i20.
Thank you for this point, I got a quote of 6.5 from Spinny and I showed it to TrueValue person, he immediately raised from 6 to 6.3 for my old car. I always felt I should get more and surprisingly this worked like charm. Thank you again. For new car, rest all is done and delivery is planned in next 2-3 days.

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:22. Reason: Trimmed quote.
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 23:23   #743
BHPian

What could be the combined weight of 2 roof rails and the electric sun roof?

Roof rail 3 kg x 2 = 6 Kg ?
DC motor = 1 Kg ?
Thick toughened glass and beading = 2.5 Kg ?
Mechanicals = 1 Kg ?

Total 10+ Kg ?

Without all these, the roof would be 9 Kg lighter, will get improved milage due to reduced weight, CoG would remain low resulting in lesser body roll and allow tighter turns, lesser understeer, thus improved safety !!

In ZXI we cannot opt-out of these two features. The sun roof btw reduces structural integrity and is a maintenance / cleaning overhead. The rails too are just eye-candy, it does not add to structural rigidity.

Thus pay more for features that I don't want and in return get a vehicle with reduced safety ? This is a deal breaker for me.
Chewbacca is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 08:34   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
!!

In ZXI we cannot opt-out of these two features. The sun roof btw reduces structural integrity and is a maintenance / cleaning overhead. The rails too are just eye-candy, it does not add to structural rigidity.
I'm not sure about the weight of the sunroof and roof rails. I personally don't like the sunroof too, as I feel it is useless in the tropics. If the top end variant was offered without a sunroof but with ventilated seats, i would have been much happier.

That said, I doubt if the sunroof impacts structural safety in any real manner. Other folks who are experts could opine here, but I did read some time ago that the pillars and beams absorb the lion's share of the force during a rollover situation or any similar accident where a sunroof might have an impact, and therefore the stiffness and structural rigdity of a sunroofed car is exactly the same as a non-sunroof car.

More relatably, there have been many cars with sunroof that have easily scored 5 stars in GNCAP, to put you at ease.
Old 25th May 2023, 11:56   #745
BHPian

Quote:
That said, I doubt if the sunroof impacts structural safety in any real manner. Other folks who are experts could opine here, but I did read some time ago that the pillars and beams absorb the lion's share of the force during a rollover situation or any similar accident where a sunroof might have an impact, and therefore the stiffness and structural rigdity of a sunroofed car is exactly the same as a non-sunroof car.
What if there was an accident and the car lands on it roof and slides for a distance? How safe would that situation be ?

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:28. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 25th May 2023, 12:24   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
What if there was an accident and the car lands on it roof and slides for a distance? How safe would that situation be ?
Well, several points here.

One, while rollover accidents are not that uncommon, it's going to be quite rare where the car slides on its roof for a considerable amount of distance.

Two, even in that situation, the presence or absence of a sunroof is not going to be a major differentiator in how safe the occupants are. That tiny rectangle of a sunroof in the Brezza is not going to bear the entire brunt of the accident, it's still going to be the pillars and beams on the top and sides of the car.

Three, if you are talking about glass shards, you're more more prone to be injured by glass shards from the door windows right next to you.

Four, if the sunroof is really bothering you to no end, I'd suggesting checking out some of the lower variants of the Grand Vitara with the same engine but which do not have a sunroof (I think).

Finally, all this is from just my thinking about it and I'm in no way an expert on it. Just that, I'm not sure if there's any published evidence that sunroofs are found to reduce the car's safety, there are only opinion pieces.

Last edited by Small Bot : 25th May 2023 at 12:25.
Old 25th May 2023, 23:26   #747
BHPian

Quote:
That said, I doubt if the sunroof impacts structural safety ...
Found this article https://www.topgearbox.com/cars/your...anoramic-roof/ it has listed the following points about sun-roofs

1. Increased heat entering the vehicle
2. Reduced headroom
3. Added weight where you don’t want it
4. Added complexity and noise
5. Reduced structural integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
Stop. Go back 2-3 seconds. Even before the car lands / slides on it's roof the passengers would have already banged their heads against the window glass or whatever inside, are already seriously injured; those 5 star safety ratings are now just an aftermath story.

Why not consciously reduce the probability of a roll-over in the first place by NOT adding 10+ Kg weight at the highest point of the vehicle? Why risk raising the CoG which leads to an increased body roll? All contributing to a higher probability of the driver losing control.

Prevention is better than a serious injury.

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2023 at 01:21. Reason: Typos.
Chewbacca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 09:08   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Found this article https://www.topgearbox.com/cars/your...anoramic-roof/ it has listed the following points about sun-roofs

1. Increased heat entering the vehicle
2. Reduced headroom
3. Added weight where you don’t want it
4. Added complexity and noise
5. Reduced structural integrity
With due respect, that is exactly what I meant when I said I could find only opinion pieces, but no published evidence - to indicate that sunroofs compromise structural rigidity. That article also specifies a panoramic sunroof, which is not the case in the Brezza.

I agree that sunroofs don't help with the heat, they reduce headroom, they add more noise and complexity, and yes, they add more weight as well.

But there is no evidence cited to prove that the car's structural rigidity is compromised by the sunroof. If there are, please do share - as it is an important bit of info for consumers to be aware of. Otherwise, it might induce buyers to skip decent cars just because they have a sunroof.

That's about it from me on the topic of sunroof vs safety, for fear of straying off-topic on this particular thread. It is a conscious decision by buyers to pick a car which has a sunroof or not, so we'll have to make a judgement call with whatever info we have at the moment.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 21:10   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, it does not seem to be a heating problem for me. Neither the phone nor the Head unit seems really hot at any point. My AC is generally on 24/25°C and blower at 4 bars, so it usually is blasting cool air 5-10 minutes after starting the car.

I think it's more of a glitch with Android Auto, but it's not been so bad as to take it to the service centre yet.
Disconnect Maruti Suzuki from your device bluetooth. Reconnect it. Android Auto will get connected. I have resolved it easily several times in my Brezza ZXI.
pranjal1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:15   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Brezza breezes past 900,000 sales in 87 months, last 100,000 sold in just 8 months

In the first two months of FY2024, the popular compact SUV is estimated to have sold 25,300 units, including 7,500 units of the Brezza CNG launched in mid-March 2023. Interestingly, sunroof variants contributed 42% or 10,626 units of the Brezza's total sales in April and May 2023.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-1ef8e6f012114cf88a26f9a3cda5a2ec_marutibrezzasalesfromlaunchtillmay2023.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks