Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2022, 16:35   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 762
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
One fact is that for ZXI Plus there is no leatherette seats option. I am not too sure of the fabric seats holding up good for the 8-10 years period one keeps the car. Leather/Leatherette even though not very comfortable for Indian weather are good options regarding durability and looks. Also the ease of maintenance is much better.

Maruti is probably going to offer Leather seats in its Grand Vitara and keep the differentiation on subtle parameters to justify price increase considering the engines are going to be the same.
Leatherette and leather seats are a strict no no for Indian weather. Nowadays fabric seats are of good enough quality - no need to use seat covers even. But logic seldom prevails - look at the clamor for variants with sunroof.

Our family has used the following vehicles with fabric seats and no problem whatsoever, and no special care taken. Cushioning is another factor, that can get compromised over time and use, but seat covers themselves are quite durable. A strictly no liquids policy needs to be followed though.

Tata Indigo 68k kms in 5+ years
Tata Sumo Grande II 2 lakh+ kms in 9+ years (sold due to NGT diktat in Delhi)
Fiat Grande Punto 46k in 9+ years (sold due to NGT diktat in Delhi)
Tata Nano AMT 10k in 7+ years
jessie007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 17:11   #92
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 83
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Leatherette and leather seats are a strict no no for Indian weather. Nowadays fabric seats are of good enough quality - no need to use seat covers even. But logic seldom prevails - look at the clamor for variants with sunroof.

Our family has used the following vehicles with fabric seats and no problem whatsoever, and no special care taken. Cushioning is another factor, that can get compromised over time and use, but seat covers themselves are quite durable. A strictly no liquids policy needs to be followed though.
My issue is with liquids only. Kids generally mess up seats and fabrics generally don't put up well with liquids.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th July 2022 at 20:32. Reason: Quote box added
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 21:52   #93
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: KA05
Posts: 10
Thanked: 2 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Dear Members, any leads of test drive availability in Bangalore?
ellip5i5 is offline  
Old 12th July 2022, 07:18   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Awesome and engaging review.

This one seems like a huge cosmetic update, and a steeply priced one at that. A quick rush through the website told me that this car is weirdly placed. I think that, this car is best suited for those with a regular 5-10 km travel (office goers probably?) through the city. For the city, AT seems best, but the price puts it smack between ZXI and ZXI+ manual. This seems highly irregular, as the hike for AT, is just too much.

Honestly, this car, however good looking it might be, might appeal to the audience that wants a brezza, a bit modern one.

Is the boot usable for Indian mothers?
shresan23 is offline  
Old 12th July 2022, 11:05   #95
Newbie
 
bobbyblr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

I have a few questions on the 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza:
  1. Is the new K15C engine Flex fuel compatible? If yes, then does it have a ethanol detection sensor in the fuel line and will the compression ratio change on different percentage of ethanol in petrol?
  2. I want to know the Headlight brightness / illumination and beam pattern at night for both low beam and high beam. Does both the LED projectors will work on high beam or only one?
  3. How does the Ambient light look inside the car at night?
  4. Review or Video of "Follow me home" feature at night.
bobbyblr is offline  
Old 12th July 2022, 21:55   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 762
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

By the way, has anyone compared MG Astor with Brezza ?

Astor's base Style variant (around 10.25 lakhs ex-showroom) compares very well with Brezza's Vxi variant (around 9.50 lakhs ex-showroom). Even though for a Rs 10+ lakh vehicle, the on-road price would be more due to taxation, still think the Astor can be worth a look.

More features aside, the Astor is a bigger vehicle (length: 4.3 m) and has a longer wheelbase. Astor's 1.5L NA petrol engine is also slighlty more powerful and torquier on paper atleast. Also gets all 4 disc brakes as standard.

Attaching Astor's brochure for features comparison.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mg-dc-pdf-0236.pdf (8.08 MB, 51 views)
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 10:32   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,638
Thanked: 2,691 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

No post here since the last 2 days. Seems the Brezza fever is fading. Was just checking what the top spec Brezza price will get me on Carwale.com for Mumbai location. You get a pretty decent choice of wheels at a budget between 16 and 16.5 lacs.

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-16_1.gif

2022 Maruti Brezza Review-16_2.gif

The top end -1 could be the best seller for the Brezza but it sorely misses the 6 air bags. Hope Maruti makes amends on same.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 17:04   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
No post here since the last 2 days. Seems the Brezza fever is fading. Was just checking what the top spec Brezza price will get me on Carwale.com for Mumbai location. You get a pretty decent choice of wheels at a budget between 16 and 16.5 lacs.
Thank you for sharing this. While looking at the sentiments against Brezza pricing, it is clear that Maruti got many things wrong with their product strategy.
1. Offering a TC 6 AT gearbox - If they had offered an AMT, the price of the AT variants would have come down by around 1L.
2. Offering an ZXI+ variant - They should have stopped the range at ZXI, or at least removed certain features from ZXI+ and brought the price down by about 75K.
3. Not offering the lowest variant with an 1.2 NA engine. That would have changed the starting price to an attractive 6.99L or less.

IMO, these 3 changes would have made a big change in perception, as the Brezza would have been available in the range of 7L to 12L.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 12:12   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 762
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

The biggest point is, even if one shortlists the VXI variant (Rs 9.5 lakhs ex-showroom), why wouldn't anyone have a look at petrol variants of Creta, Seltos, Astor also, which start at around 10.25 lakhs. Their base variants are fairly well loaded, in comparison with Brezza's Vxi. I'm not even going till the overly priced Zxi.

Plus there is the option of diesel Nexon, Venue, Sonet, XUV300 in petrol Brezza's price range (Vxi and onwards). This Autocar price infographic gives the overall picture very well.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Brezza Review-1656602469126.jpg  

jessie007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 22:55   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
The biggest point is, even if one shortlists the VXI variant (Rs 9.5 lakhs ex-showroom), why wouldn't anyone have a look at petrol variants of Creta, Seltos, Astor also, which start at around 10.25 lakhs. Their base variants are fairly well loaded, in comparison with Brezza's Vxi. I'm not even going till the overly priced Zxi.

Plus there is the option of diesel Nexon, Venue, Sonet, XUV300 in petrol Brezza's price range (Vxi and onwards). This Autocar price infographic gives the overall picture very well.
Thank you for sharing this.

For example, when I compare Brezza VXI with the roughly equivalent Creta and Venue models in terms of features, Brezza pricing doesn't seem to be too high.

1.5 CRDi Diesel 6-Speed Manual VENUE - S+ is 9.99L -- The price difference is ~50k and one can choose either Brezza or Venue based on whether they prefer a Diesel or a Petrol Car.

1.5 MPi Petrol 6-Speed Manual CRETA - EX is 11.38L - The price difference is around 2L and the actual OTR price can be in the range of 2.5-3L. Brezza makes sense in this case as long as one is happy with a 4m car.
venus1975 is offline  
Old 16th July 2022, 00:57   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 762
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Thank you for sharing this.

For example, when I compare Brezza VXI with the roughly equivalent Creta and Venue models in terms of features, Brezza pricing doesn't seem to be too high.

1.5 CRDi Diesel 6-Speed Manual VENUE - S+ is 9.99L -- The price difference is ~50k and one can choose either Brezza or Venue based on whether they prefer a Diesel or a Petrol Car.

1.5 MPi Petrol 6-Speed Manual CRETA - EX is 11.38L - The price difference is around 2L and the actual OTR price can be in the range of 2.5-3L. Brezza makes sense in this case as long as one is happy with a 4m car.
WRT manual diesel variants, you have missed out on prices of the rest of the competition - Sonet 1.5 HTK 9.69 and Nexon 1.5 XM 9.89 (best seller in the segment: petrol+diesel+EV combined). Both these and the Venue diesel have an equally powerful (if not more) and torquier (being diesel) engine than the petrol-only Brezza. Plus have 6-speed manual gearboxes.

Point taken regarding Creta. But the 1.5 MPi Petrol base "E" variant starts at just Rs 10.45 lakhs, and in terms of features, just lacks a music system and Auto AC, in comparison to Brezza's Vxi. Agreed, that this variant seems bare bones, especially without any infotainment system, but one can install an aftermarket touchscreen infotainment system, though Auto AC cannot be retrofitted.

But the Creta's base "E" variant has rest of the standard comfort and safety features, plus also has electrically adjustable ORVM, height adjustable driver's seat, remote locking with foldable key, rear AC vents, front armrest with storage.

On the other hand, the base 1.5 petrol HTE variant of Seltos starts at just Rs 10.20 lakhs - and what's more, this base variant even has a basic 2DIN music system with 4 speakers, Bluetooth, and steering mounted controls!

The MG Astor goes one up on even on the Seltos - its base Style EX variant at Rs 10.25 lakhs even has a 10" touchscreen infotainment system, auto AC, all 4 disc brakes, 60:40 split rear seats, rear wiper. And if one goes with the safety package for around 15k more - one even gets Traction control, ESP, Hill hold and Hill descent control features!

The larger point being - you are within touching distance of the next segment from Brezza Vxi variant & onwards, and for the price of Zxi and Zxi+ variant, one can get a better variant of Creta, Seltos or Astor. All these vehicles are bigger in size, have more space (both passenger & boot), and have slightly more powerful petrol engines both in terms of power and torque. Not to forget, 6-speed manual gearbox (in Creta & Seltos) versus Brezza's age old 5 speeder.
jessie007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 02:08   #102
BHPian
 
mkumar79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 54
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Here's the hot question on the Brezza's segment-first Heads-Up Display:
What is the price paid by the customer and what is the functional value of the HUD?

Maruti Suzuki's price markup for ZXI plus variant leads me to believe that the HUD's price is 50k. Their marketed value is 60k. They are including too much snob value IMHO.

I perceive the price paid to be the same 50k but the value to be 20k only. I am good to pay 5k extra for the novelty factor and 5k as profit margin, estimating the actual cost to manufacturer as 10k.

Super-keen son asks the SA about the button to double the font size! That nails it. Wifey dear eventually downgrades the booking to ZXi (or even VXi if available earlier) in white color.

Waiting to learn more from new Baleno/Glanza owners and to hear the opinion of the experts here.
mkumar79 is online now  
Old 16th July 2022, 13:58   #103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post

The larger point being - you are within touching distance of the next segment from Brezza Vxi variant & onwards, and for the price of Zxi and Zxi+ variant, one can get a better variant of Creta, Seltos or Astor. All these vehicles are bigger in size, have more space (both passenger & boot), and have slightly more powerful petrol engines both in terms of power and torque. Not to forget, 6-speed manual gearbox (in Creta & Seltos) versus Brezza's age old 5 speeder.
Thank your for sharing more comparison data. I took the Hyundai example because Hyundai and Maruti are more established in India compared to Kia and MG. They do deserve a premium pricing, in my opinion.

The touching distance we are talking about is actually about 2L more in terms of the on-the-road price.

Which car someone will choose will finally depend on their budget and preference.
If someone can stretch their budget and has the preference for a bigger car, they will buy a Seltos/Astor/Creta rather than a Brezza. If someone does not have the budget or has the preference for a compact SUV over a normal one, they will happily settle with a Brezza.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 21:40   #104
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 18
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Finally got a chance to test drive the Automatic variant. The sales executive mentioned that the VXI-AT variant does not get paddle shifters. Is that the case? I thought all AT variants get paddle shifters....asked him to double check on this.
aditya.marla is offline  
Old 16th July 2022, 23:03   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.marla View Post
Finally got a chance to test drive the Automatic variant. The sales executive mentioned that the VXI-AT variant does not get paddle shifters. Is that the case? I thought all AT variants get paddle shifters....asked him to double check on this.
It is not clear from their website or brochure, if the paddle shifter is available in all the variants.
By the way, which variant did you test drive and how did you like it?
venus1975 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks