Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 10:46   #121
BANNED

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellip5i5 View Post
I guess many of us are in a similar situation.

I have a booking for a Brezza Zxi AT, but i want to test drive the car before dropping it from consideration. I did test drive the Honda City V CVT and found it be a very comfortable car. I am yet to book it though.

Only other consideration i have is for the Hyryder/ Grand Vitara. If their respective S or Delta AT versions are close to 15lakhs on the road in Bangalore, i am planning to choose one of them.
I am eagerly awaiting the price reveal of the Hyryder/ Grand Vitara as well and hoping that at least their base automatic variants are priced under 15 lakhs on road.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 11:23   #122

I am from Pune & went to the nearest Maruti showroom on the weekend to check out the new Brezza. They still did not have a car to test drive and had 3 Brezza cars on display. Vxi manual variant @ 11.1 OTR seems be a variant which gives almost all features I want – 4 star Safety, Rear defogger, rear A/C vent, Steering mounted controls, Touchscreen(small one) with android auto & music system albeit sans the tweeters which come in higher variants. Looking for alternatives in the same budget (i.e. around 11 lakhs OTR) I have the following options (first one being Brezza). I am not considering Hyundai/Kia due to safety issues.
2) Nexon XM+S
Pros: 5 star safety, Sunroof(although I don’t feel it necessary. Personal choice)
Cons: 2.5 km/lit less mileage than Brezza, Missing features – Rear Defogger, Rear A/C vents, Android Auto/Apple car play, Auto A/C
3) Old Honda City 4th Gen V petrol
One can also consider Amaze since both Amaze & old City have same width; City is substantially longer and this might be a problem with limited parking space available.
Pros: Big Boot, 4 star safety, excellent interior finish, More features: Reverse Camera, Cruise Control, Alloy Wheels, Start Button, Rear Armrest
Cons: 2.5 km/lit less mileage than Brezza, Missing features - Brake Assist, ESP, Hill Hold
4) Altroz Diesel XZ
Pros: Good Mileage & Torque due to Diesel Engine, 5 star safety, More features: Reverse Camera, Cruise Control, Alloy Wheels, Start Button, Rear wiper,
Cons: Smaller road presence, Missing features - Brake Assist, Hill Hold,

Pls note – I haven’t put an exhaustive list of features like Fog lamps which if missing can be easily installed.

Considering this, what should one choose between (i)Brezza VXI (ii) Nexon XM+S, (iii)Old Honda City 4th Gen V petrol& (iv) Altroz Diesel XZ for a person with 80% city & 20% Highway driving and monthly running around 800-900 kms
Pran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 12:29   #123
BHPian

For a person with 80% city usage, you should strictly buy an automatic. Trust me, you'll be at so much peace and much less tired at the end of a long driving day.
Dieselritzer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 13:39   #124
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.marla View Post
Finally got a chance to test drive the Automatic variant.
How was the ride quality in city potholes? Did you see any improvement from previous generation?
Old 19th July 2022, 14:03   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
How was the ride quality in city potholes? Did you see any improvement from previous generation?
I have never driven the older generation, so cannot comment on the improvement. But it was decent over potholes at low speeds (there weren't too many I encountered during the test drive). The rear passengers will be able to feel the bumps but nothing unbearable. I was previously considering the S-Cross and comparing it with that, the S-Cross felt better.

Mostly will be keeping my VXI-AT booking (downgraded from ZXI) primarily because this is the only car offering a Torque Converter. I couldn't come to terms with paying 15.5L for the ZXI variant and even after that the cabin just doesn't feel premium (when compared to the Venue or Sonet)
aditya.marla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 15:56   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.marla View Post
Mostly will be keeping my VXI-AT booking (downgraded from ZXI) primarily because this is the only car offering a Torque Converter. I couldn't come to terms with paying 15.5L for the ZXI variant and even after that the cabin just doesn't feel premium (when compared to the Venue or Sonet)
In the facelifted Brezza, the ZXI offers better value than VXI for the additional cost. The VXI variant in comparison to pre facelift VXI loses on LED Projector headlamps, push button start. Whereas the ZXI in newer also gets the Rear wiper & washer, Cruise control, Alloys, Smartplay Pro, Color MID, Tilt/telescopic steering and Sunroof ( I'd prefer 6 airbags rather). So do consider ZXI if you can stretch your budget.
anthusiast is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 16:31   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
In the facelifted Brezza, the ZXI offers better value than VXI for the additional cost. The VXI variant in comparison to pre facelift VXI loses on LED Projector headlamps, push button start. Whereas the ZXI in newer also gets the Rear wiper & washer, Cruise control, Alloys, Smartplay Pro, Color MID, Tilt/telescopic steering and Sunroof ( I'd prefer 6 airbags rather). So do consider ZXI if you can stretch your budget.
Agree, the ZXI does provide more features for the price difference. One big reason preventing me from considering it is the Sunroof (apart from the price of course).
I heard that the sunroof needs to be maintained properly or else it might cause larger issues (have heard some horror stories of water leaking into the cabin).
I am okay to pay for features that I won't use like cruise control but don't want to pay for a feature that adds a maintenance overhead.

If the ZXI came with 6 airbags instead of a sunroof i would have definitely gone with it
aditya.marla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 18:23   #128
BHPian

I was in the market for a second car. This time around, I wanted to own a Sub 4 meter SUV. I had already booked a Kia Sonet HTX 1 ltr Turbo with DCT. The DCT deliveries are struggling to happen. In the last 3 months, from the dealership I booked, there have been only 3-4 DCT deliveries which is surprising. I presume that this is due to the lack of semiconductor availability? The reason I ask is, when I visited the Maruti Arena showroom to book Brezza ZXI Automatic, I was shocked to learn that the wait period is about 15 months for an Automatic. The sales advisor quoted the semiconductor reason for the wait time. I am not sure if that is true. Someone could please clarify that?

After some serious thinking I made up my mind to go with Brezza ZXI+ Manual. Frankly, I loved the new Brezza 2022. It appears big, its spacious from the inside with a 60 40 Split rear, and the interior fit and finish is way better than what we have been seeing so far in Maruti Suzuki cars. I own a 3rd Gen Dzire and I understand the limitations. I have now booked the new Brezza 2022 ZXI+ manual in blue single tone color.

What made me choose Brezza over Sonet?

- I felt Brezza to be an all rounder, no nonsense and a practical car. The 1.5 liter engine is not peppy, but it is an effortless cruiser. I know that because my Dzire 1.2L K-Series is.

- The engine due to the lack of a 6th gear ratio makes some noise at triple digit highway speeds, but that's not a deal breaker for me. The engine sounds sweet. In my opinion, the cost of owning a car with 1.5 liter engine with a manual gear box is a more sensible choice than a 1 liter Turbo with DCT transmission. Definitely I can vouch for the former's reliability and the subsequent peace of mind that I would have while owning it for a longer time. The resale value is something that I don't have to talk about.

- I love the 360 camera, HUD, the option of 6 airbags, the flawlessly functioning Suzuki Connect app, the 9 inch touch screen, a commanding seating position, the imposing stance, and the Mild Hybrid technology. The package made sense to me than settling for a Sonet mid trim HTX. I understand that I lose the convenience of an Automatic and a Turbo experience, but I believe the trade off was worth.

- The mileage it promises is insane. And I know that Suzuki delivers on the mileage it claims, because I can see that on my 3rd Gen Dzire. Though the mild hybrid tech with 42v battery is not a great contributor, it still is in some capacity. No denying that.

- The service is impeccable. Not once have I been disappointed with the service experience of my Dzire and prior to that my 1.3L Esteem VX. So I have no reason to believe that the service experience of Brezza would fail me.

- Above all, the safety rating. Though I personally felt that Sonet's build quality is well put together, I have reasons to believe that if crash tested, it may still get a 3 star like Seltos and Carens. I personally believe that Sonet might get a 4, but with the new Brezza, the car is definitely well built, sturdy and already a performer. I believe that Brezza could score a 5 star rating this time around.

For me, my Car has to be my second home. What better than Brezza? Definitely its priced a little higher, but when I consider the total cost of ownership including the fuel expenses, I think its a car worth considering if you are in the market for a sub 4-meter SUV. I may get mine in 2-3 months time.
Tygerman is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 19:33   #129
VIZ
BHPian

Hi Bangalore folks,
Did you find a test drive vehicle in any of the showrooms here?
Old 21st July 2022, 13:23   #130
R_R
BHPian

I was wondering if Toyota will bring an equivalent version, as they did with the last Brezza. We called Toyota, the SA says there is no such plan and they will only have the Urban Cruiser Hyryder. We test drove the Maruti Brezza for my wife, liked it, but would prefer to wait for the Toyota version, if there is one. Does anyone know if there is a new Toyota Urban Cruiser version coming, other than the bigger Hyryder?
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 13:39   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Hi Bangalore folks,
Did you find a test drive vehicle in any of the showrooms here?
Just checked with the dealer that I have booked my brezza with and he expects test drive vehicles to arrive by first week of Aug.
Old 21st July 2022, 15:29   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I was wondering if Toyota will bring an equivalent version, as they did with the last Brezza.
No. Toyota is not planning to have a Brezza equivalent. The new Urban cruiser will be the UrbanCruiser Hyryder. That's there stand for now. Even if they go back on what they said, it would be at least a year before they come up with a new one.
Old 21st July 2022, 15:58   #133
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I was wondering if Toyota will bring an equivalent version, as they did with the last Brezza. We called Toyota, the SA says there is no such plan and they will only have the Urban Cruiser Hyryder. We test drove the Maruti Brezza for my wife, liked it, but would prefer to wait for the Toyota version, if there is one. Does anyone know if there is a new Toyota Urban Cruiser version coming, other than the bigger Hyryder?
As far as I heard from Toyota sales executives, there won't be an urban cruiser based on the New Brezza and the existing models will be sold out to clear inventory, If you want one this would be your last chance.
Old 21st July 2022, 16:04   #134
BHPian

Don't understand what stops Toyota from launching its version of Brezza if they can do the same with Glanza very recently
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 01:50   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
I was in the market for a second car. This time around, I wanted to own a Sub 4 meter SUV. I had already booked a Kia Sonet HTX 1 ltr Turbo with DCT. The DCT deliveries are struggling to happen. In the last 3 months, from the dealership I booked, there have been only 3-4 DCT deliveries which is surprising. I presume that this is due to the lack of semiconductor availability? The reason I ask is, when I visited the Maruti Arena showroom to book Brezza ZXI Automatic, I was shocked to learn that the wait period is about 15 months for an Automatic. The sales advisor quoted the semiconductor reason for the wait time. I am not sure if that is true. Someone could please clarify that?
I visited a showroom in Bangalore and they said 2 months is the waiting period for manual and 3 months for an automatic. I wouldnt wait for 15 months, and also none of Maruti cars has so much waiting period. BTW, I have booked ZXI Automatic.
samanthbs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks