Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 19:16   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Brezza Review

In such a feature loaded and pricey car, the steering doesn't return to center automatically!! This is so annoying and cumbersome.
I wonder what is the reason behind such a basic omission? Cost Cutting ?
Overall: pretty much the same driving experience with more features at a significantly higher on-road cost!!

Last edited by PraNeel : 6th July 2022 at 19:18.
PraNeel is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:28   #17
BHPian

Excellent review Omkar and CrazyDriver. The competition has made Maruti pull up it's socks and update the equipment on offer. The 1.5 NA Petrol engine might not be the enthusiast's choice but will be adequate for most of the market and might be more reliable in the long run compared to the Turbo petrols of the competition.
Old 6th July 2022, 19:29   #18
BHPian

From bland design to ugly design. This Maruti would really challenge the likes of Venue and Creta in terms of ugliness. I am sorry Omkar I don't agree with you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Maruti Brezza Pros

• Good-looking Compact SUV with improved road presence & mass appeal
amvj is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent detailed review, as expected from Team bhp.

I find it simply amazing that comparable Ertiga versions are hardly a few thousands away. Many suspect that the tax break for sub 4m and below 1.2L petrol or 1.5L diesel was rallied by Maruti. It is a poetic justice that they themselves can't benefit from this strange taxation because of the 1.5L petrol engine, and have to compete in the upper segment cars of their own stable (Ertiga).

I think that except space crunched cities like Mumbai where peole prefer best features in smaller cars, rather than this overpriced tax inefficient car, the mid variants of Hyryder, even Creta, Seltos etc are far better options.
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
In such a feature loaded and pricey car, the steering doesn't return to center automatically!! This is so annoying and cumbersome.
Overall: pretty much the same driving experience with more features at a significantly higher on-road cost!!
Did you test drive the 2022 Brezza? It returns back to center in the old one!

Excellent review, overall well packaged car with good exteriors, interiors and features. Should regain the top spot soon.

Last edited by midazolam : 6th July 2022 at 20:00.
midazolam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 20:18   #21
BHPian

As always, Team BHP's realistic and in-depth car review takes the cake. Here are links to some video reviews, recently released. Hope it is alright to share these links - mods !?!

English:

Hindi:
Old 6th July 2022, 20:18   #22
BHPian

The stance is surprisingly better than the earlier model. As mentioned in the review, the rear door & panel are reminiscent of the XUV 300. The touchscreen is any eyesore and not in sync with the dash but the design is an obvious improvement. Hope the quality of interiors are much better though it does not look like it. I do think that the first gen Swift had roomier front seats than the one on the Brezza. Will be interesting to know if the manufacturers have shaved off a few millimeters to make the interiors more roomier.
Abhisheknott is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 20:59   #23
BHPian

Great review Omkar and Crazy Driver! The look is better than out going model and it has good stance with sharp edges on the bonnet. Good to see that Maruti is catching up in features and safety aspects. With mild hybrid option this may offer more fuel efficiency compared with old and try to offset diesel mill absence. I am worried that the lack of fun on highway would be a significant miss which was noted by Crazy driver.

The space management is better and very useful and find many takers. We will wait and see that how much numbers it would pull to sales chart.
Old 6th July 2022, 21:04   #24
BHPian

Mod Note: There are several language, spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2022 at 07:58.
K7@TN14 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2022, 21:15   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Interior quality is something I don't agree with the review, previous gen Baleno and Brezza had very pedestrian interior quality and cheap looking plastics and designs, I actually love what they have done with both these cars now and it looked good to me in person, I actually commented it looks and feels very premium and non maruti like finally. Looked close to our Creta's quality but to be fair we didn't spend a lot of time in the car as the showroom was crowded.
Agreed that the interior is definitely a step up from the old car - in terms of design, quality, or features. It is a decent place to be in and very unlikely that someone will call it a deal-breaker.

However, no, it doesn't set any benchmarks IMHO. In fact, I think all of the competition does quality which is at par, if not better. Nexon, XUV 3OO, Sonet, Venue etc.

Irregular panels gaps were easy to spot (example - HUD), rough edges are seen at many places, plastics are hard and the textures don't do much justice, panels were coming off in hand (Gear level console area in our MT test car, no such issue with the AT), and there was a rattle heard from the passenger side door area on the AT test car. So while the interior is now good, it is certainly not the best or the benchmark IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Overall does the product feel worth the price hike?
Not possible to answer in an objective fashion. Pricing depends on our perspectives- and while we may cry foul of the pricing - I believe Maruti will be able to sell at this price, and have the last laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
Excellent review!

Now that the Brezza has got a snazzy new grill, I'm hoping new owners will stop replacing them the seven slatted Jeep grill on their cars.
Will be difficult to design such aftermarket grilles for the new front end, where the grille merges sharply into the headlamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
1. The road presence on paper/screen looks for more imposing that the outgoing car and nowhere like a typical sub 4m CSUV
I felt the road presence is very comparable to the XUV 3OO now, and is intentionally made so with the redesign. It definitely has more road presence than the outgoing design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
No such observations regarding the steering. Also, haven't noticed such complaints from Brezza owners - unlike from the owners of some of the Heartect platform products.

Driving experience is much better than earlier with the AT, but quite a step down on the MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
From bland design to ugly design. This Maruti would really challenge the likes of Venue and Creta in terms of ugliness. I am sorry Omkar I don't agree with you on this.
Will have to agree to disagree. It's a bland and inoffensive design that lacks much flair - but hardly any polarising elements that could generally be called as ugly.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th July 2022 at 21:17.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 21:24   #26
BHPian

Maruti has played safe here. While that's not necessarily bad, I'm not happy about choice of engine, considering the main rivals have both petrol and diesel still on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Doesn't that manual AC controls look too basic in a car of this price. Silver knobs would've been better IMO
Old 6th July 2022, 21:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

2022 Maruti Brezza Review

Well detailed review! Seems like Maruti Designers took some exterior design inspiration from the 2022 Nissan Rogue sold here in USA.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th July 2022 at 21:45. Reason: Please do not quote a long post. Shorten it to quote only the relevant portion. Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 21:55   #28
BHPian

Things I didn't like in this car,

Deal breakers
  • 102 HP for a car weighing over a 1.3 ton.
  • 5 Gear manual, thankfully auto is now 6 gear.
Not Cool stuff
  • Sunroof, but no TPMS? At least the low pressure warning would have been fine. I would trade that HUD over TPMS any given day.
  • That instrument cluster knobs, should have been integrated to steering.
  • Weird placement of cabin lights, and boot light with switch?
  • sub 4m car with no benefits of being short.
Good stuff
  • Finally with ESP and 6 Airbags.
  • Interior is sorted and more appealing now. Nicer display, cleaner camera.
  • not polarizing, decent exterior.
  • MS stuff, easy to replace parts.
verdict - Would have considered top-end automatic if it wouldn't be costing me 20L in Bangalore.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 22:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great review guys! I don’t know about the statement “no replacement for displacement”, but there is surely no replacement for a thorough and diligent Team-bhp review such as the one here!

Our reviews seem to be so unbiased and extremely neutral, also never going overboard with anything. Recent reviews by auto journalists of the Scorpio and even this New Brezza seemed so over the top! Always a welcome change to read through our very own reviews! Thanks again!

Coming to the Brezza, I think we need to credit Suzuki for adding all the market sought after features along with a 6 speed TC, the new Brezza does not really have many downsides, except probably the rather boring 1.5 petrol engine, but that’s ok I guess, considering the target audience. However, I find the prices to be quite high, and I think it’s a big gamble. Maruti and Toyota are themselves launching the Vitara and the Hyryder respectively and even though a price overlap is inevitable, it should not become a case of ambitious pricing for all these 4 cars.

Last edited by motorworks : 6th July 2022 at 22:23.
motorworks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 22:50   #30
VIZ
BHPian

Wireless AA/ car play and TPMS is an obvious miss.

Couldn't not convince myself to pay 17.5 lakh+ OTR for this car's top trim. I'm confused if I must go for one variant lesser i.e ZXI AT (missing 360 degree camera for which I was waiting for last 6 months ) or go with Nexon top trim AMT.

Does anyone know if ZXI AT can be subscribed to suzuki connect later?
VIZ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks